Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,966 members, 7,949,290 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:13 AM

Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims (10260 Views)

Ramadan: Dangote donates 80,000 Bags Of 10kg Rice, bread To Vulnerable Lagosians / Femi Otedola Donates ₦‎1 Billion To Lagos State Security Trust Fund / Tinubu Donates ₦1 Billion To LASU For Leadership Development Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by wazzub: 3:39pm On Sep 13
President of Aliko Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, has donated N1.5 billion to victims of the Maiduguri flood disaster.

He made the announcement during an assessment visit to some of the affected locations in Maiduguri.Accompanied by Governor Abdullahi Sule of Nasarawa state, Dangote said out the amount, N1 billion was given to National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) to work with the Borno State government.

“I just want to clarify, we have this flood committee. NEMA wrote us a letter; so we sat down and approved N1 billion to NEMA to work with the Borno State government. On top of that, the Aliko Dangote Foundation will put additional N500 millions so that’s #1.5 billion. Thank you,” he said.

Earlier, Gov Sule also announced the donation of unspecified number of trucks of relief materials to support the Borno state government.

Responding, Governor Babagana Zulum praised them for generosity and love towards the people of Borno.

“Not everyone that has money has the heart of giving, Aliko Dangote has been helping our people, this is not first time. I pray that Allah will reward you with Aljannah.”

“I would like to thank my brother, Gov Abdullahi Sule, who came along with Aliko Dangote to visit us at this trying moment.”

Source: https://dailytrust.com/dangote-donates-n1-5bn-to-borno-flood-victims

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by DevilsEqual(m): 3:41pm On Sep 13
cheesy

I hope say no be from PMS hin go take collect back the money o

Jokes aside, thats cool of him. This will go a long way for most of them

This means, he still has the masses at heart

35 Likes

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Salewa97: 3:45pm On Sep 13
Nice one from Dangote

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by dumahi(m): 3:56pm On Sep 13
Na only Borno State flood happen. Nigerians are musical instruments and only the Northerners know how to play them.
IamANigerianMan:

Oga, appreciate him first, let other regions help their people too, yahaya Bello stole 82billion let him just give Kogi people 2billion to support them...
Ok. Correction taken. Thank you Dangote. Na my guy he be sef.

12 Likes

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by mustbewell: 4:19pm On Sep 13
Them go buy your fuel no worry

1 Like

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by kasim155: 4:20pm On Sep 13
Nice one from Dangote, but he should come out openly and tell Nigerians how much he wants to be selling is petrol so that Nigerians will know if it is him or FG that is not telling us the truth.

7 Likes

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Mercylike: 4:20pm On Sep 13
Oga tell us ur fuel price

We won't be deceived to let you run fuel like you ran cement..

But borno is a desert, how did flood came about 🤔

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by givedemwotowoto: 4:20pm On Sep 13
Why didn't Tinubu tame these floods the way he tamed the Atlantic Ocean?

Does he hate the North?

I know Tinubu supporters won't get the sacarsm

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by 99thEnemy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13
1.5 … lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Agricmoney(m): 4:20pm On Sep 13
That's nice of him.

Anyway, Agriculture is life

1 Like

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by hoygift(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13
Hmm this one way small rainy season the cause flood for naija. Be like waterproof nylon don too plenty inside ground.
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by omoredia: 4:21pm On Sep 13
I weep for this country everyday. Where is ministry of environment to forcast where is NEMA to rescue. Where is the international media to report ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by IdeasYapayaski: 4:21pm On Sep 13
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Kobicove(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13
This is good Corporate Social Responsibility!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by JikSneh: 4:21pm On Sep 13
Gbola Tulumbu has gone missing.

No yaríbandit has said anything and they have been kpaing like small small fowls in the village of ondo, Ekiti, Osun, oyo and Ogun the headquarters of skull mining.

Please check my signature for more updates
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by kennyz247(m): 4:21pm On Sep 13
Wheytn our pastor and imans wey dey bost everyday of their wealth no fit do,na to dey buy private jet up and down dem sabi..
God bless you more dangote
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Laz34: 4:22pm On Sep 13
Nice of him

1 Like

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Mckraz01: 4:22pm On Sep 13
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

If truly he has the masses at heart it will reflect in the PMS price...
Alaye Let's watch and see
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by mediaworld007: 4:22pm On Sep 13
To buy rice and share tbe rest among them selves.

Next time setup a community of ur own to help with the sharing
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by 99thEnemy(m): 4:22pm On Sep 13
kennyz247:
Wheytn our pastor wey Bost everyday of their wealth no fit do
Exactly.

They talk about serving God, following Christ.

But being a follower of christ aka being a Christian is living your life christ-like.

“Do unto other’s what you would like them to do unto you.”

“Whatever you do to the least of your brothers that you do unto me”

Etc….

How many times have they fed the hungry, provided shelter to homeless, aided those who are sick or dying and truly need help?

Most of those people called pastors are just businessmen ripping off gullible people using the name of God.

They will should tithe up and down and even use a particular bible verse to blackmail their followers.

In times of need and disaster, you will never see them.

Make I no vex start call the names of some of the major churches and there Pastorpreneur Daddy G. O’s

Fake christians everywhere.
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by richkal(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13
I expect those who CAN'T donate shi shi to still find something negative to say about Dangote kind gesture.
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Basicend: 4:23pm On Sep 13
Dangote is snake.

Just like dine with a Nigerian politician with a long spoon, you need to do as such with him.

He is trying to play with the brain of over 200m Nigerians as usual . .

If importing PMS is cheaper at landing cost than Dangote's price, then NNPCL and others should continue importing until a viable refinery comes up as competition.
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Babangidapikin: 4:23pm On Sep 13
Better Person ....Alhaji Ese Pupo ..Adupe
Oya Nigeria Mega Churches and Mega Mosques come and do the needful....Go there with volunteers...It is not about preaching all the time, show that love with action.
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Shadomaan7: 4:24pm On Sep 13
Good. The flood victims are being taken care of

12 Likes

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by mytime24(f): 4:24pm On Sep 13
Nice1 frm him,

But D'nt give to collect like d devil sha ,

No b say tomorrow now U go increase Ur cement to 20k
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Freshtruth(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13
DevilsEqual:
cheesy

una sabi talk anyhow for here enh. Seun stop accepting kids on nairaland he no.hear word. Dey misbehave
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by christejames(m): 4:25pm On Sep 13
Money for politicians to share
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by Akfrenzy(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13
grin
Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by mbahdi(m): 4:26pm On Sep 13
Hmmm
He's always donating to the north...na only wen u almost die help dey always come ur way for Nigeria...e come be like say Dem dey always await evil to befall one

1 Like

Re: Dangote Donates ₦‎1.5 Billion To Borno Flood Victims by phemmie06(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13
The egbere (bush baby) set of people shouting monopoly, monopolist will never shout monogiver now.
That is a president of one country sorry industry. What has your president done....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CPC House Of Reps Member Beaten By Constituents / Massob Members Protest In Onitsha / FG’s 774,000 Jobs For LGAs Is A Scam – TUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.