Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,926 members, 7,906,475 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 11:21 AM

7 Reasons Why Alcohol Makes You Gain Fat - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Reasons Why Alcohol Makes You Gain Fat (1391 Views)

How To Gain Fat And Plumpy, Easy Step With No Side Effects. / How Alcohol Makes One Drunk / Alcohol Makes You Age Faster Than You Can Imagine [photo Proof] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Reasons Why Alcohol Makes You Gain Fat by anneduke: 4:18am On Dec 10, 2011
Most people taking a weight loss programme sometimes find that their efforts have yielded little or no result. The reason is not far fetched.
Alcohol can never be water, so drinking alcohol in the name of water only spoils your programme. If you must drink alcohol, drink not more than 2 bottles in a week. Excess alcohol produces fat belly.

1. Alcohol increases cortisol
Cortisol is a bad hormone which helps you have a big tummy.

2. Alcohol increases your appetite
The more you eat the fatter you get

3. Alcohol slows down your 'fat-burning' metabolism
Your liver has to convert the alcohol you drink into acetate and then the acetate becomes your body's main source of energy so instead of burning off ugly fat for energy, acetate is now used. This means you do not burn any fat.

4. Alcohol is basically pure sugar
Alcohol is basically the refined juice of natural foods which makes it a drink of pure concentrated sugar that will makes you gain fat easily.

5. Alcohol make you to lose important 'weight loss' minerals
Alcohol causes you to lose minerals that are important for fat metabolism like zinc, magnesium, calcium and potassium.

6. Alcohol decreases your motivation
Alcohol is a depressant and it makes cases of depression even worse. So imagine what it will do to your renewed determination to lose weight.

7. Alcohol causes tiredness
Drinking too much alcohol leads to dehydration which causes and fatigue. Consequently, you will not be able to work out with enough intensity to lose weight fast.

www.nicebodyshape.com
Re: 7 Reasons Why Alcohol Makes You Gain Fat by 9janinja1(f): 5:50am On Dec 10, 2011
yea and if the above does not motivate you to stop drinkin , keep in mind that your liver would probably shut down and you would die a painful death.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Alcohol Makes You Gain Fat by GWslim(f): 6:15am On Dec 10, 2011
alcohol is not good for ur health.
Re: 7 Reasons Why Alcohol Makes You Gain Fat by 9janinja1(f): 6:45am On Dec 10, 2011
GWslim:

alcohol is not good for your health.

no shit, captain obvious
Re: 7 Reasons Why Alcohol Makes You Gain Fat by bcrenshaw: 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2011
this was great! Just want I needed. Going to print this off and put it on my fridge. I am pretty healthy. Eat decent, exercise. But, I love my beer! Thanks for post.

http://brent-crenshaw..com/

(1) (Reply)

Pea Plant Grows Inside Man's Lungs / I Don't Agree Fully With Nma, Obembe Disgraceful -uk-based Dr.okor On Ben-tv Uk. / Mothers And Expectant Mothers Please Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.