Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,450 members, 7,961,400 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme (15052 Views)

Nigerian Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Murder Of Shaun-Douglas Chabalala / Ekwegbalu James: Nigerian Sentenced To Death In Vietnam For Drug Trafficking / Jonathan & Holiness Ikpere Sentenced In UK For Selling Skin-Whitening Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by planetx: 12:40pm On Sep 26
So he did the crime from Nigeria between 2006 and 2010 but relocated to the US in 2013, now convicted in 2024 and ordered to pay back $22 million or is that not 22 million I am seeing. If he made $22 million why would he relocate to the US and be living there for over a decade. This whole story makes no sense or probably a made up nonsense story.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by zoomzoom(m): 12:50pm On Sep 26
[quote author=Ewedegubbler post=132168124]Omoyoma Okoro. Yoruigbo neegahh.

Okoro as a name transcends across the whole southern region and isn't exclusive to the IGBOS. Urhobo, benin,YORUBA, etc bear the name freely.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by djseanjohn77: 12:54pm On Sep 26
LexngtonSteele:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/9/nigerian-man-sentenced-in-the-us-for-defrauding-attorneys-through-international-fraud-scheme.html

Imagine, they complain at home and blame the government for lack of opportunities. Once they travel, you will expect them to take advantage of the land they once said is a promised land and of abundance. But once they get there, you will soon realise that they are greedy, they are criminals using the country's status as excuse to have their way. They are simply criminals that have nothing to offer.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by djseanjohn77: 12:55pm On Sep 26
LexngtonSteele:

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/9/nigerian-man-sentenced-in-the-us-for-defrauding-attorneys-through-international-fraud-scheme.html

Imagine, they complain at home and blame the government for lack of opportunities. Once they travel, you will expect them to take advantage of the land they once said is a promised land and of abundance. But once they get there, you will soon realise that they are greedy, they are criminals using the country's status as excuse to have their way
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by TheWinterBird(f): 1:07pm On Sep 26
That 100-months (8.3-years) of imprisonment is too small. They should another 1000-months to it. Nonsense.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by adedayoa2(f): 1:33pm On Sep 26
Nwaotu10:
Which kind name be Omoyoma Okoro? grin
Omoluabi defrauded U.S Attorneys, una come add Okoro to his name so as to drag "God's own
People"into it grin
omoyoma sounds like a Benin name.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by Shikena(m): 1:58pm On Sep 26
Okoro the natural liar even added Omoyoma to his name to confuse NCAN. Tufiakwa! grin

CrushObituaries:
Okoro went to USA to defraud Attorneys, Jesus, the atammadus are irredeemable and callous. They are just destroying this country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by omoluka: 3:42pm On Sep 26
johnog4sure:
Stupid! I always say that somebody trust you does not make you smarter and the person dumber, it only proves you do not have Integrity!
I have said this a million times but Nigerian always think they are smart.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by SeunDAssLicker: 3:46pm On Sep 26
Nwaotu10:
Omoluabi defrauded U.S Attorneys, una come add Okoro to his name so as to drag "God's own
People"into it grin

Either Edo or Urhobo ( Omoyoma) - Pikin wey good or Pikin wey dey alright/Well. Depends on the Dialect.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by netmillionaires(m): 4:07pm On Sep 26
Where in my post did you see Igbo in my mention? Instead, you are the one who linked Igbo into my simple discourse. Do you see where you goof? So you also admit that the name is not common in Benin. In my six years of being in Benin, I have not seen one person bear the name Okoro. Even you just admitted that his first name is not Bini yet failed to talk about people trying to link him to my state.

Greenback:

Baba stop spreading falsehood and what you don't know.
Okhoro is a place in Benin City and we Benins bear the name Okoro, though not common.
Okoro in Benin means either cousin or something like that and Omoyoma must be Omonoma in Benin (which means a good child),so this Omoyoma Okoro must be from urhobo.

You guys are just making mockery of yourselves over nothing and it's so shameful. This obsession over the Igbos is so disgusting.

See how the op kept mentioning Okoro okoro Okoro upandan....make shame dey catch Una nahhhh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by netmillionaires(m): 4:13pm On Sep 26
Yorubas don't bear Okoro. Yorubas dont bear Omoyoma either. Apart from Omo in the name nothing in the name looks yoruba.

[quote author=zoomzoom post=132170797][/quote]
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by silaswills01(m): 4:21pm On Sep 26
Nigerians are smart oo
Unfortunately instead of channeling it for something good they opt crime instead
Sadly malrepresenting us 🤦‍♂️
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by Storypot: 5:07pm On Sep 26
SlavaUkraini:
Guys are just Disgracing Nigeria abroad...

Na wa ooo

Just say flat headers
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by Cousin9999: 9:14pm On Sep 26
Something seems off about this story. All those years in law school, and you can't spot a scam?

Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by Realhommie(m): 10:43am On Sep 27
Nwaotu10:
People"into it grin
That's an Urhobo name. Omoyoma in Urhobo means 'A child is good' and Okoro in Urhobo means 'Boy or Male.'

It's not an Igbo and Yoruba combo like you or many others presume. He's clearly Deltan, from the Urhobo tribe.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by Realhommie(m): 10:45am On Sep 27
SWATMan:

Empty skull when you are told to travel out of your shiit hole, you'd prefer to remain there. My neighbor is an Isokoman and bears OKORO. Omoyoma is not an Igbo name olodo.
You're right, don't mind the tribalist.

I just stated the name is Deltan, from the Urhobo tribe.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by Segzy19: 2:42pm On Sep 27
Okoro, my guy 😉😉😉

Oya go and wear uniform and enjoy your time in jail..

Awon developers isonu!
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by zoomzoom(m): 12:53pm On Sep 28
[quote author=netmillionaires post=132173330]Yorubas don't bear Okoro. Yorubas dont bear Omoyoma either. Apart from Omo in the name nothing in the name looks yoruba.

Sure about this?.
Even if they don't, who says omoyoma isn't urhobo?... because they also bear okoro?... so do EDO state and others.

Omoyoma Okoro is certainly not an IGBO name for the records.You can take that to the bank.
Re: Nigerian Sentenced In The U.S. For Defrauding Attorneys Through Fraud Scheme by netmillionaires(m): 3:21pm On Sep 28
What's the issue with trying to attach Igbo to every discussion is what I don't get. What exactly is the problem?

[quote author=zoomzoom post=132197006][/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap Four Reverend Fathers In Delta / Two Absu Students Beheaded (graphic Images) / Corper Pascaline Madueke's Death: Doctor Remanded In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.