Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,264 members, 7,981,480 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 06:15 PM

SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay (23553 Views)

Lecturers, Parents Reject Drug Test For Bauchi University Students / Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) / Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by bluefilm: 5:10pm On Sep 28
Who PhD epp abeg?
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by AllBlack: 5:11pm On Sep 28
Benis47rx:
:

come and learn how to edit pictures. come let me teach you.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by NairaMaster1(m): 5:12pm On Sep 28
femi4:
If they japa tomorrow, nobody should question their level of patriotism

They must picked an appointment with other universities. Japa is not a priority in Northern Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by kinibigdeal(m): 5:14pm On Sep 28
Uzoigwe1:
We spend a lot of money getting PhD only to be paid less than 1 million naira as salary.
Goodluck to all the comrades that resigned.

Did you read the article at all? They resigned because an HND holder was appointed as the registrar of the university
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Professor2b: 5:28pm On Sep 28
Amerengues2:
When you cannot meet up with your financial obligations, you find somewhere else to pitch your tent.

Plethora of times, the union keep drumming for support in the Uni through every possible means. Nigerian lecturers, especially, fed govt are the worst paid in the world with little to no quality work condition.

I left last year as well. What you will have left in few years from now are native doctors or 'condoctors'

This hits, what of we that's just started our PhD in the country?
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Judolisco(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28
lafiagi007:
30 PhD holders? What/Who is now left in the uni?
that's 30 potential prods grin
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Judolisco(m): 5:31pm On Sep 28
kinibigdeal:

Did you read the article at all? They resigned because an HND holder was appointed as the registrar of the university
busar not registrar

1 Like

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Bluntemperor: 5:45pm On Sep 28
Kobicove:
Rubbish!

Is he saying that the 30PhD holders resigned because a HND graduate was made bursar of the school

No.Go back,read and comprehend please.
He only mentioned the HND issue,as part of the outstanding matters beggin for attention, don't mix up the reasons for this unparallel and serious matters at hand.
That State University should just closed shop or sell to Private People.
Unfortunately,the Politicians, especially the Governor should just resign, afterall,most of them cannot Accounts for the Homongous NBILLIONS they received from Federation Accounts on quarterly basis.
I don't blame him,here in Nigeria, Education is placed behind the burner of other Sectors.
Very Shameful 😒😭
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by ogaemma: 5:46pm On Sep 28
Our institutions are not working.
If our institution are working, why will a State University not be in Pension?
Where is the National Pension Commission?
They just sit in their office and collect monthly salary for a job they are not doing like NNPC refinery staff.
Pension is an Act, which means it is a law for organizations and Companies to comply and be in Pension.
Blame the institution.
In no distance time those lecturers will get better offer.
They should try and focus on Kenya, Uganda, Mauritius, Namibia, Ireland and Eastern Europe.
Universities in those countries do not joke with Professor's and University Lecturers from Nigeria.
Wishing them the best.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by merits(m): 5:50pm On Sep 28
alphonsojaybaz:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/30-phd-holders-resigned-in-bauchi-varsity-over-poor-pay-ASUU/%3famp
Hausas like doing wrong things especially when it comes to education, how can they put HND holder as a bursar when there is criteria for that and they know.Namu,namu too full Hausas wey of living.Nonsense I pity those who schooled in the North,very wrong ways of teaching from that end.

1 Like

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by kinibigdeal(m): 5:51pm On Sep 28
Judolisco:
busar not registrar

Thanks for the correction
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Watcharena: 5:57pm On Sep 28
lafiagi007:
HND

1 Like

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by alphaNomega: 6:13pm On Sep 28
ChatterHouse:
That's so sad

Education in Nigeria remains a mirage

How can 30 trained PHD just quit ?

30 Ph.D in what?

clockwisereport:
ASUU IMSU are on strike
These ones are always on strike
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by HitRun(m): 6:14pm On Sep 28
en0uwem:
Read with interest till I got to this point:

Timothy also decried how a HND graduate was appointed Bursar of the university contrary to the provision of service of the university which spelt that only candidates with a minimum of first degree would be considered for appointment as Bursar

Long hiss...
Imagine the discrimination. One would've thought it was an SSCE holder that was appointed.

Interesting take. You would rather discriminate against SSCE holders?

1 Like

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by biggie73(m): 6:28pm On Sep 28
femi4:
….poverty is an enemy to patriotism.

1 Like

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by tete7000(m): 6:39pm On Sep 28
en0uwem:

Timothy also decried how a HND graduate was appointed Bursar of the university contrary to the provision of service of the university which spelt that only candidates with a minimum of first degree would be considered for appointment as Bursar

Long hiss...
Imagine the discrimination. One would've thought it was an SSCE holder that was appointed.

It is suppose to be a degree awarding university university please. The status of those in his workforce should reflect its degree awarding status.

2 Likes

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by TheGift: 6:54pm On Sep 28
en0uwem:

Long hiss...

Meanwhile, all you need is a school cert, to become a Senator that can even become a senate President. How sad.

2 Likes

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:55pm On Sep 28
30 Phd holders with no single patent to their names, no single invention just paper certificates
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Splitmind: 6:59pm On Sep 28
femi4:

They are foolish and will regret dearly
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Shueld06: 7:06pm On Sep 28
Professor2b:

At least you’re guaranteed of a lecturing job at the end. Starting as lecturer II
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by chatinent: 7:10pm On Sep 28
Education in Nigeria aren't worth it..

1 Like

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Amerengues2: 7:12pm On Sep 28
Professor2b:

Sir/ma,

Finish it and leave the country! If my university colleagues and friends see me typing this, they would be utterly surprised. Albeit, its the honest truth. I carried Nigeria for head even at the face of sheer hapless and hopelessness in the country.

I left after my spouse got everything sponsored abroad due to her job.

There is a thin line between passion and reality. Lecturers would transfer their aggressions and frustrations on students.

One of the biggest 'good problem' is leaving the country after completing PhD. The best time to leave is now. It's not worth, I must say. I have been part of the system for 8 years deceiving myself with false hope.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by MightySparrow: 7:21pm On Sep 28
They should be replaced with Fulani herdsmen and Bandits.

Wait o, I think the disparity between HND and BSc has been resolved.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by femi4: 7:35pm On Sep 28
Splitmind:

They are foolish and will regret dearly
regret ke....Some of them are lecturing in UK already
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by greenermodels: 7:36pm On Sep 28
Uzoigwe1:
We spend a lot of money getting PhD only to be paid less than 1 million naira as salary.
Goodluck to all the comrades that resigned.
even professors don't earn UpTo half of that.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by professore(m): 7:37pm On Sep 28
Amerengues2:

Sir/ma,

Finish it and leave the country! If my university colleagues and friends see me typing this, they would be utterly surprised. Albeit, its the honest truth. I carried Nigeria for head even at the face of sheer hapless and hopelessness in the country.

I left after my spouse got everything sponsored abroad due to her job.

There is a thin line between passion and reality. Lecturers would transfer their aggressions and frustrations on students.

One of the biggest 'good problem' is leaving the country after completing PhD. The best time to leave is now. It's not worth, I must say. I have been part of the system for 8 years deceiving myself with false hope.
weldone brother. Wishing you all the best. I don't understand the part where you said 'good problem' is leaving the country after completing PhD. Are you saying it is late to wait to have PhD before leaving? In short, when is the best time to leave in your own view, after BSc, MSc or PhD?
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by TTPAAR(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by gudugudumeje: 8:01pm On Sep 28
Shut down the university.

And lk that nearly all the state and private universities will shut down in a decade's time.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by gudugudumeje: 8:02pm On Sep 28
Shut down the university.

And lk that nearly all the state and private universities will shut down in a decade's time. All those glorified secondary schools and h high schools called varsity.....
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by RealityKings: 8:14pm On Sep 28
princepee:
cool when you don't value what you have.
If I have PhD I won't be in this God forsaken country.
I will be far away in Canada or Swiss where I will be earning hard currency.

Lectures and teachers in Nigeria are not valued.

grin grin
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Lithiumite: 8:25pm On Sep 28
lafiagi007:

The zazuu crooner should be up for it!! School or zazuu grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwafemi Adedairo Has Won The World Mathematics Team Challenge For Nigeria. / We Don’t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work – ASUU President / Unizik Graduate Dies While Waiting For NYSC (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.