Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,202,289 members, 7,981,579 topics. Date: Monday, 21 October 2024 at 08:32 PM

SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay (23554 Views)

Lecturers, Parents Reject Drug Test For Bauchi University Students / Protest In Nnamdi Azikwe University Over Hike In School Fees (Photos) / Ekpo Iniobong Threatens To Sue Akwa Ibom University Over His Expulsion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Amerengues2: 8:27pm On Sep 28
professore:
weldone brother. Wishing you all the best. I don't understand the part where you said 'good problem' is leaving the country after completing PhD. Are you saying it is late to wait to have PhD before leaving? In short, when is the best time to leave in your own view, after BSc, MSc or PhD?

After Bsc. is the best time to leave. I would have said before Bsc. but after Bsc. is fine because most jobs abroad don't ask for your degree. Work experience is what is mostly needed.

What I meant by 'good problem' is that, some colleagues with PhD. didn't have much moral to leave after everything. Very small percentage would want to leave because they've been mentally tied with one seemingly lucrative position which is a pure waste of time and resources. At that stage, the cost of relocation for some family increases especially with children.

Out of 9 jobs I applied to here, none required a degree but just experience which you can start as entry role.

Even those who japa via MSC studies, they still finish only to look for care jobs though one can get other professional job.

With all my might, I strongly advise anyone leave Nigeria provided you aren't doing that well.

I can't even believe I am giving this advice. The only regret is not learning handwork. It's a very profitable skill here- any handwork could be better in some instances.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by professore(m): 8:49pm On Sep 28
Amerengues2:

After Bsc. is the best time to leave. I would have said before Bsc. but after Bsc. is fine because most jobs abroad don't ask for your degree. Work experience is what is mostly needed.

What I meant by 'good problem' is that, some colleagues with PhD. didn't have much moral to leave after everything. Very small percentage would want to leave because they've been mentally tied with one seemingly lucrative position which is a pure waste of time and resources. At that stage, the cost of relocation for some family increases especially with children.

Out of 9 jobs I applied to here, none required a degree but just experience which you can start as entry role.

Even those who japa via MSC studies, they still finish only to look for care jobs though one can get other professional job.

With all my might, I strongly advise anyone leave Nigeria provided you aren't doing that well.

I can't even believe I am giving this advice. The only regret is not learning handwork. It's a very profitable skill here- any handwork could be better in some instances.
Thanks so much for taking your time to respond, even far beyond my inquiry. Thanks for that bro.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by nwakibe: 8:50pm On Sep 28
Same with Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.
No retirement benefits at all.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by BondRiv: 9:32pm On Sep 28
While the governor is busy with Rivers State politics. Misplaced priorities.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Humabled(m): 9:36pm On Sep 28
Is he saying that the 30PhD holders resigned because a HND graduate was made bursar of the school
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Mayflowa(m): 1:23am On Sep 29
en0uwem:
Read with interest till I got to this point:

Timothy also decried how a HND graduate was appointed Bursar of the university contrary to the provision of service of the university which spelt that only candidates with a minimum of first degree would be considered for appointment as Bursar

Long hiss...
Imagine the discrimination. One would've thought it was an SSCE holder that was appointed.

Talking about Bursar when SSCE holders are president, governor and senators! ๐Ÿ˜†
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Amah70: 1:58am On Sep 29
clockwisereport:
ASUU IMSU are on strike

IMSU. University without university buildings. Owerri say Owerri must have every tertiary education institution in Imo state because Owerri is state capital. Excess greed.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by CSTRR: 6:04am On Sep 29
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Edojoma(m): 8:55am On Sep 29
en0uwem:
Read with interest till I got to this point:

Timothy also decried how a HND graduate was appointed Bursar of the university contrary to the provision of service of the university which spelt that only candidates with a minimum of first degree would be considered for appointment as Bursar

Long hiss...
Imagine the discrimination. One would've thought it was an SSCE holder that was appointed.

LoL,,, hope u ain't hating cos u r Hnd holder. It is already spelt out dat a degree cert is needed for dat position. Come to think of it, if Hnd is equivalent to Bsc, y not just call a polytechnic a University instead.

What do I know??

But nothing annoys me more dan those dat uses "This" instead of "These".
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 9:03am On Sep 29
You quit your lecturing job?
Amerengues2:
When you cannot meet up with your financial obligations, you find somewhere else to pitch your tent.

Plethora of times, the union keep drumming for support in the Uni through every possible means. Nigerian lecturers, especially, fed govt are the worst paid in the world with little to no quality work condition.

I left last year as well. What you will have left in few years from now are native doctors or 'condoctors'
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 9:04am On Sep 29
And what job will you be doing in canada?
princepee:
cool when you don't value what you have.
If I have PhD I won't be in this God forsaken country.
I will be far away in Canada or Swiss where I will be earning hard currency.

Lectures and teachers in Nigeria are not valued.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 9:09am On Sep 29
How can one japa with a lecturing job. What route will he use?
ogaemma:
Our institutions are not working.
If our institution are working, why will a State University not be in Pension?
Where is the National Pension Commission?
They just sit in their office and collect monthly salary for a job they are not doing like NNPC refinery staff.
Pension is an Act, which means it is a law for organizations and Companies to comply and be in Pension.
Blame the institution.
In no distance time those lecturers will get better offer.
They should try and focus on Kenya, Uganda, Mauritius, Namibia, Ireland and Eastern Europe.
Universities in those countries do not joke with Professor's and University Lecturers from Nigeria.
Wishing them the best.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by ogaemma: 10:58am On Sep 29
Love800:
How can one japa with a lecturing job. What route will he use?

Try and get the Glassdoor app and click to apply for foreign jobs. Go to the education section.
There are also some reliable job app that can link you with some Universities in Africa and Europe.
Good Luck
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Amerengues2: 11:33am On Sep 29
Love800:
You quit your lecturing job?

Yes! In a Fed Uni in Southwest.

It would appear to be my most sought after job after UNI. However, it turned out to be unsustainable. It's better you leave with your heads High than engage in anything that reduces you and undermines your integrity. Fed Uni lecturers are not well paid.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 5:22am On Sep 30
So what job are you doing now. Still lecturing?

I thought government lecturers are well paid with pension.
Amerengues2:

Yes! In a Fed Uni in Southwest.

It would appear to be my most sought after job after UNI. However, it turned out to be unsustainable. It's better you leave with your heads High than engage in anything that reduces you and undermines your integrity. Fed Uni lecturers are not well paid.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 5:27am On Sep 30
Awesome.
Tank you.
ogaemma:

Try and get the Glassdoor app and click to apply for foreign jobs. Go to the education section.
There are also some reliable job app that can link you with some Universities in Africa and Europe.
Good Luck
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 1:45pm On Sep 30
How possible is this. How do they process going to the u.k for lecturing?
femi4:
regret ke....Some of them are lecturing in UK already
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by femi4: 5:07pm On Sep 30
Love800:
How possible is this. How do they process going to the u.k for lecturing?
You apply.....most schools put vacancies out at the end of each session . There are over 100 universities in the UK
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Amerengues2: 7:34pm On Sep 30
[quote author=Love800 post=132219764]So what job are you doing now. Still lecturing?

I thought government lecturers are well paid with

They are the worst paid
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 5:05pm On Oct 01
Okay.
But how do one apply?
femi4:
You apply.....most schools put vacancies out at the end of each session . There are over 100 universities in the UK
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 5:07pm On Oct 01
Okay. Thanks so much.
My last question...have you left lecturing. Are you into another profession?[quote author=Amerengues2 post=132229666][/quote]
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Amerengues2: 5:38pm On Oct 01
Love800:
Okay. Thanks so much.
My last question...have you left lecturing. Are you into another profession?

I Left lecturing! Teaching in a secondary school abroad that avails me flexibility.
Re: SAZU: 30 PhD Holders Resign From Bauchi University Over Poor Pay by Love800(m): 6:42am On Oct 03
Thanks so much.
Amerengues2:

I Left lecturing! Teaching in a secondary school abroad that avails me flexibility.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oluwafemi Adedairo Has Won The World Mathematics Team Challenge For Nigeria. / Unizik Graduate Dies While Waiting For NYSC (Photos) / We Donโ€™t Have Transport Fares To Go To Work โ€“ ASUU President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.