Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,618 members, 7,979,097 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:14 PM

Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer (439 Views)

Guys, PayPal Have Stopped Accepting US Virtual Accounts. What's Next? / My Projects As A Software Developer / Can You Survive If You Stopped Working In Tech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer by eseosa101: 11:24pm On Oct 08
First of all I want to clarify that I did not stop accepting every single project but I personally have become more selective in accepting projects as a web developer and here is why

https://www.mreseosa.com/en/blog/selective-with-projects

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer by JsScript: 5:54pm On Oct 09
eseosa101:
First of all I want to clarify that I did not stop accepting every single project but I personally have become more selective in accepting projects as a web developer and here is why

Nice write up

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:25am On Oct 10
Your website is beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer by eseosa101: 9:27am On Oct 10
tensazangetsu20:
Your website is beautiful.
Thanks
Re: Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer by preciouswoman66(m): 12:08pm On Oct 10
Nice write up

Nigerian web devs dey try oo. Building web app wey more than 5 devs in the Western world dey work on to make it deliver service with little downtime. Yet, with the many devs bugs still dey occur

I wonder why you're sad you keep coming across bugs in the project. It's just only you and you went to an unfamiliar area.

I recently took a paid Scala project issue I'm trying to resolve. Me that had very little experience in Scala but I see it as been curious and it will pays my bill in the end.

I've come across lots of bugs trying to resolve the issue and might still come across more but I'm not bothered

If I even see project that requires COBOL I'll take it as long I'll get paid and it's interesting moving through unfamiliar area in tech

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer by eseosa101: 12:33pm On Oct 10
preciouswoman66:
Nice write up

Nigerian web devs dey try oo. Building web app wey more than 5 devs in the Western world dey work on to make it deliver service with little downtime. Yet, with the many devs bugs still dey occur

I wonder why you're sad you keep coming across bugs in the project. It's just only you and you went to an unfamiliar area.

I recently took a paid Scala project issue I'm trying to resolve. Me that had very little experience in Scala but I see it as been curious and it will pays my bill in the end.

I've come across lots of bugs trying to resolve the issue and might still come across more but I'm not bothered

If I even see project that requires COBOL I'll take it as long I'll get paid and it's interesting moving through unfamiliar area in tech

Thanks bro,
As for the project I learnt something new but I didn't take it because I was motivated the guy that wanted the project genuinely didn't know what he wanted,he didn't even have a business name so it was obvious this won't go anywhere and as for taking up a project out of curiosity I feel it works when you have been in the industry for a while, personally I haven't been building websites for up a year.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer by Arobake: 12:02am On Oct 13
Nice article. Lovely website.
Thank you more especially for the article on the Fullstack web developer roadmap.

Let us talk soon please, as because of having my finger in more pies than is good for me at this (old) stage of my life, I might have some jobs to subcontract to you, (if your price is right).

Stay well.x

eseosa101:

Re: Why I Stopped Accepting Projects As A Web Developer by eseosa101: 3:17am On Oct 13
Arobake:

Nice article. Lovely website.
Thank you more especially for the article on the Fullstack web developer roadmap.

Let us talk soon please, as because of having my finger in more pies than is good for me at this (old) stage of my life, I might have some jobs to subcontract to you, (if your price is right).

Stay well.x

No problem you can reach me via whatsapp 0 9 155276978

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Tutorial To Build COVID 19 India Realtime Tracker With JSON API & Javascript / How Dangerous Could A Cyber Security Career Get

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.