Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,349 members, 7,971,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:04 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998106 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aozy: 6:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
@ justwise_ awaiting ur replyyyyy. Godbless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Pepe-A:
Hi guys,it's me again.Justwise,Vicjustice,hope you're all good. I'm still on the maybe to marry in uk or not matter......Let me run through my case again...Have A British Fiance and British son,I'm still on my visitors visa,me n my boy are actually in uk @ the moment on a visit with his dad. Well,he still can't get time off work to come to Nigeria so we could get married,some say we could marry here and when i return home,i could put in the application for a spousal visa,others say,cos i'm on visitors visa,it could hinder my application...Please guys,my questions now are
*should i go home and apply for a fiance visa instead?
*i still have a valid visitors visa to expire Aug 2014,do i have to wait for that to expire before applying for the fiance visa
We really want to decide quick cos our son is getting older and needs a more stable life(school,friends etc). Haven't really seen success stories on fiance application from Nigeria or should we try marriage visit visa? I cant even which is which exactly,pls guys i need helppppp . Since he applied as my sponsor for my present visitors visa and i was granted,i believe we have the documents for either applications but which is better and faster too.Thank you guys
Since you are in the UK at the moment, i think the best thing that you should do is to call at their immigration office and present your queries: their recommendation would be much more valuable than any suggestion that you can get somewhere else
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aozy: 8:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
@ vicjustice__ awaiting ur replyyyyy. Godbless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:28pm On Jun 07, 2013
aozy: @vicjustice. Thanks and thanks again. Am so impressed with ur reply and u have made me understand a lot of things which I haven't yet considered. Though intend to apply by July ending which is abt 10mths into his work. I will by faith as they may nt consider it. Thanks once again.
But is the pay in d acct ok or fair to work with?

Vicjustice-u seem like a pro on these issues and am glad at ur vast knowledge. Godbless.

Other replies are highly welcomed.
How much are we talking about?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by aozy: 10:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
@vicjustice-£4000 pounds or maybe £5000 pounds in my husband's acct by the time we apply and also £1800 pounds in my dom acct. Although from d vaf 10 form what we were asked to keep was £600 pounds for each applicant (x3 = 1800 pounds) for 90 days.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by weezyana07(m): 11:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
Victjustice Justwise others- tnx for the work out here, pls I need close advise to help in my visa application- I will by monday(10) lodge in money in my saving acc. that will cater for my full tuition and maintenance fee, and intend to pay my initial deposit to the sch after then. Should I start counting the 28 day from then or should I after paying the money? Now the online application should b done say on 29day after the 28days of wait? When should I send the paper application? And one more pls house, my hair is big now compare to last year I did my passport should I cut it off or will it be ok? Pls sorry if I ask too much just want to no so I don't make mistake during my application tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by PepeA(f): 11:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
Vicjustice:
Since you are in the UK at the moment, i think the best thing that you should do is to call at their immigration office and present your queries: their recommendation would be much more valuable than any suggestion that you can get somewhere else
Ok Vicj,i'll give that a try too.Thanks a lot and God bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Troyphelis: 12:05am On Jun 08, 2013
Troyphelis: My mum is sponsoring my trip to the UK as a tourist. 1600pounds is available for my trip. Whilst filling the forms,i was asked
1. How much money is available for your visit?
2. If someone other than yourself is paying for all or any of this visit,how much money will they give you?
3. What is the cost to you personally of your stay in the United Kingdom??
Do i need to give 1600pounds for questions 1,2 and 3
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:42am On Jun 08, 2013
aozy: @vicjustice-£4000 pounds or maybe £5000 pounds in my husband's acct by the time we apply and also £1800 pounds in my dom acct. Although from d vaf 10 form what we were asked to keep was £600 pounds for each applicant (x3 = 1800 pounds) for 90 days.
Thanks.
But since you were instructed to keep £1800, and yet you have £6000, why are you asking me to tell you whether you have enough money?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:58am On Jun 08, 2013
weezyana07: Victjustice Justwise others- tnx for the work out here, pls I need close advise to help in my visa application- I will by monday(10) lodge in money in my saving acc. that will cater for my full tuition and maintenance fee, and intend to pay my initial deposit to the sch after then. Should I start counting the 28 day from then or should I after paying the money? Now the online application should b done say on 29day after the 28days of wait? When should I send the paper application? And one more pls house, my hair is big now compare to last year I did my passport should I cut it off or will it be ok? Pls sorry if I ask too much just want to no so I don't make mistake during my application tnx
What are the rules regarding the 28 days, is it about paying your tuition fees or about depositing the money into your account?
If the travel document that you're using is indeed yours, and has not expired, why would it matter how much hair you've grown or how much weight that you've gained?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by weezyana07(m): 9:57am On Jun 08, 2013
Vicjustice:
What are the rules regarding the 28 days, is it about paying your tuition fees or about depositing the money into your account?
If the travel document that you're using is indeed yours, and has not expired, why would it matter how much hair you've grown or how much weight that you've gained?

Tnx for your respond :d I no fat yet oo lol. I just want to no when I can send in my application after the 28days. Must I go to my bank on the 28day for the statement? That's what I don't get. Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2013
Hi All, i've been trying to read and follow the posts and answers here, hoping to find a problem similar to mine so that i don't end up asking the same question over and over again (cos i can imagine how annoying that is). However i havent quite come across one that covers all my issues so i figured i'd just ask anyway and hope for an answer.

1. I completed my Msc in UK last year and returned in october with abt four months left on my visa, during my time there (one year) i came and left once (xmas holiday) and i applied for a schengen visa as well(and got it).

2. SO now i'm back in nigeria but, thinking of going back for my graduation in july, 13th.
3. I got a job in a well known company, the position is good but the pay is measly so its really not doing anything for my account and therefore my account is going to be funded by aunt (she also funded it for my student visa, my dad is wary of internet banking lol)

With all these stated, these are the issues-
A. I havent applied yet...will i have enough time if i intend to leave on the 11th of july
B. My account is not that exciting its currently a little under 200k, and my uk account is also blank
C. The account status can be rectified but it is likely to be a lump sum payment. I think i can justify it, but will it fly at the UKBA regardless?
D. Also what do i do about my employment status? Employed or unemployed as i havent been confirmed yet.

THANK YOU!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:45am On Jun 09, 2013
gbaby87: Hi All, i've been trying to read and follow the posts and answers here, hoping to find a problem similar to mine so that i don't end up asking the same question over and over again (cos i can imagine how annoying that is). However i havent quite come across one that covers all my issues so i figured i'd just ask anyway and hope for an answer.

1. I completed my Msc in UK last year and returned in october with abt four months left on my visa, during my time there (one year) i came and left once (xmas holiday) and i applied for a schengen visa as well(and got it).

2. SO now i'm back in nigeria but, thinking of going back for my graduation in july, 13th.
3. I got a job in a well known company, the position is good but the pay is measly so its really not doing anything for my account and therefore my account is going to be funded by aunt (she also funded it for my student visa, my dad is wary of internet banking lol)

With all these stated, these are the issues-
A. I havent applied yet...will i have enough time if i intend to leave on the 11th of july
B. My account is not that exciting its currently a little under 200k, and my uk account is also blank
C. The account status can be rectified but it is likely to be a lump sum payment. I think i can justify it, but will it fly at the UKBA regardless?
D. Also what do i do about my employment status? Employed or unemployed as i havent been confirmed yet.

THANK YOU!!!
Do you mean you haven't started the job yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 10:19am On Jun 09, 2013
justwise:
Do you mean you haven't started the job yet?

I will be confirmed in July
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2013
gbaby87:

I have. I should be confirmed in July

Since you just started the job do you think your company will be able to give you leave to attend the graduation?

How much is your actual salary or range?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 10:45am On Jun 09, 2013
justwise:

Since you just started the job do you think your company will be able to give you leave to attend the graduation?

How much is your actual salary or range?

...uh yeah. Maybe not for the fell 7 days as i want, but i'm trying to work around that(and i'm 80% confident i'll get the time off)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:48am On Jun 09, 2013
gbaby87:

...uh yeah. Maybe not for the fell 7 days as i want, but i'm trying to work around that(and i'm 80% confident i'll get the time off)

You will have problem in finance area, if you are not earning enough to afford the trip then you will struggle to convince the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 10:59am On Jun 09, 2013
justwise:

You will have problem in finance area, if you are not earning enough to afford the trip then you will struggle to convince the ECO.

Not even if i make the deposit? How about i leave out the job part? or explain with details? sad.
Is that the only problem? how about time? Will l need the money to sit in my account for a certain period like with my student fees?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:04am On Jun 09, 2013
gbaby87:

Not even if i make the deposit? How about i leave out the job part? or explain with details? sad.
Is that the only problem? how about time? Will l need the money to sit in my account for a certain period like with my student fees?

Any amount you present has to be justified with paper evidence, you have to state the source of the income AND proof your tie-to Nigeria, at the moment your job is the only strong tie you have.

The student rule does not apply in this case.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 11:15am On Jun 09, 2013
justwise:

Any amount you present has to be justified with paper evidence, you have to state the source of the income AND proof your tie-to Nigeria, at the moment your job is the only strong tie you have.

The student rule does not apply in this case.

Hmmm okay. So say i get the letter from my job, i get the money in my account (evidence of that being a bank statement and its paid in by my father)

Btw my job is an asst mgr, my salary is abt 80k p/m. (also thank you for all the assistance, i knw we're going back and forth here)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 12:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
Please house I need an urgent reply on this issue,
I have a brother that applied for uk visa with fake name and DOB in the year 2008 and was refuse. Know he's working with a company that want to send him to uk for 1 month training.
This is the question, when he applied in 2008 he use a different name on his passport but he was refuse. He know as E-passport with is real name and DOB can he still apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
kunlebal: Please house I need an urgent reply on this issue,
I have a brother that applied for uk visa with fake name and DOB in the year 2008 and was refuse. Know he's working with a company that want to send him to uk for 1 month training.
This is the question, when he applied in 2008 he use a different name on his passport but he was refuse. He know as E-passport with is real name and DOB can he still apply.

Was his fingerprint taken in 2008?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:42pm On Jun 09, 2013
gbaby87:

Hmmm okay. So say i get the letter from my job, i get the money in my account (evidence of that being a bank statement and its paid in by my father)

Btw my job is an asst mgr, my salary is abt 80k p/m. (also thank you for all the assistance, i knw we're going back and forth here)

You can give it a trail but i have my fear still.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kunlebal(m): 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2013
justwise:

Was his fingerprint taken in 2008?

Yes

@justwise, am waiting for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gbaby87(m): 12:59pm On Jun 09, 2013
justwise:

You can give it a trail but i have my fear still.

I think i'll just use my father as a sponsor for the trip and get a letter from the office.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by asiwajutej: 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2013
asiwajutej: Hi Justwise,

I'm new here pls I need your advice on my visa refusal.

I got a 6months uk visa last year November but travelled in December and February ds year.

I applied for a 2yrs renewal and included my wife and daughter's passport to apply as a family but theirs was 6 months.

The ECO refused the application on these reasons;

1. That I didn't travel at about the time I stated in my application I was going.
2. That I didn't state in details our planned trip i.e. where my family will be visiting etc and also I didnt give full details about my previous trips.
3. That this will be my third trip in seven months that they are not sure if the funds available to me is actually for the travel purpose. A sponsorship letter was written by my company for evidence of funds approved to me to take care of my trip and all sundry expenses.
4.That theres no proof showing that my wife is unemployed.

I'm a practicing Architect and I own a company resident in lagos. I included my proof of funds,company cac forms, personal and company acct statement with bank reference letter, contract award letters and payment invoices, marriage cert etc but still it was denied.

Kindly advice if I should write a review letter or I reapply.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
asiwajutej: asiwajutej: Hi Justwise,

I'm new here pls I need your advice on my visa refusal.

I got a 6months uk visa last year November but travelled in December and February ds year.

I applied for a 2yrs renewal and included my wife and daughter's passport to apply as a family but theirs was 6 months.

The ECO refused the application on these reasons;

1. That I didn't travel at about the time I stated in my application I was going.
2. That I didn't state in details our planned trip i.e. where my family will be visiting etc and also I didnt give full details about my previous trips.
3. That this will be my third trip in seven months that they are not sure if the funds available to me is actually for the travel purpose. A sponsorship letter was written by my company for evidence of funds approved to me to take care of my trip and all sundry expenses.
4.That theres no proof showing that my wife is unemployed.

I'm a practicing Architect and I own a company resident in lagos. I included my proof of funds,company cac forms, personal and company acct statement with bank reference letter, contract award letters and payment invoices, marriage cert etc but still it was denied.

Kindly advice if I should write a review letter or I reapply.

Thanks

They made it easier for you to argue against the refusal, if you can provide counter argument against those 4 reasons then you can reapply.

Apart from your company's account do you have another account?

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.