Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,499 members, 7,904,907 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 09:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991386 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kingbayode: 9:50am On Apr 29, 2012
My visa was refused on grounds of insufficient mentainance funds.I had £4000 as against £7200 required my personal account.pls now I want to use my parents accounts(dad and mum)which has £10000 in them allthogether with £6000 in one and £4000 in the other.I am asking my sch for another CAS as well.Pls advice me on what to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2012
kingbayode: My visa was refused on grounds of insufficient mentainance funds.I had £4000 as against £7200 required my personal account.pls now I want to use my parents accounts(dad and mum)which has £10000 in them allthogether with £6000 in one and £4000 in the other.I am asking my sch for another CAS as well.Pls advice me on what to do.

Yes you can use your parents account and get another CAS from your school. Inside London maintenance money is now £9000 and not £7200 any more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kingbayode: 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2012
Thanks for the advice BRO,I will do just that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by franknero488: 8:26pm On May 01, 2012
On the visa tourist form 8.4, it asks " what will you do in uk"?
and on the guide it says if you have a planned itinerary please submit a copy.
Now do I leave that place blank and send a copy with my application? Or do I fill " planned itinerary copy submitted" or do I fill my itinerary in the form (space issues though) and then still submit a copy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:44am On May 02, 2012
franknero488: On the visa tourist form 8.4, it asks " what will you do in uk"?
and on the guide it says if you have a planned itinerary please submit a copy.
Now do I leave that place blank and send a copy with my application? Or do I fill " planned itinerary copy submitted" or do I fill my itinerary in the form (space issues though) and then still submit a copy?

Make a note on that space provided saying. . .planned itinerary attached with the form.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 7:20am On May 02, 2012
@Justwise, Just a quick one, my girlfriend has 2 passports an old one which expired in 2007 and the current ECOWAS passport. On the old one,her middle name is written as Adaora while on the new one she wrote Ada which is d shortened form for Adaora. On the form, she's asked if she's owned any other passport before and she is also asked to include previous passports in the application and also fill in d details on d form. What do you advice? Should she claim not to have had any passport b4 or fill in the details ie passport number and when it expired and then claim to have misplaced the passport or go ahead and include d passport.

NB: She didn't use d passport for any applications or travel prior to it's expiration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:46am On May 02, 2012
nwabobo: @Justwise, Just a quick one, my girlfriend has 2 passports an old one which expired in 2007 and the current ECOWAS passport. On the old one,her middle name is written as Adaora while on the new one she wrote Ada which is d shortened form for Adaora. On the form, she's asked if she's owned any other passport before and she is also asked to include previous passports in the application and also fill in d details on d form. What do you advice? Should she claim not to have had any passport b4 or fill in the details ie passport number and when it expired and then claim to have misplaced the passport or go ahead and include d passport.

NB: She didn't use d passport for any applications or travel prior to it's expiration.

Using different names in two different passports is a bad idea, whether shorten names or full, names should be the same in all her documents.

Because of the name issue and for the fact that the passport has never been used, let her maintain the current passport with the correct name and forget about using the old one as any form of identity else it will come back to bite her in the future.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nwabobo: 11:13am On May 02, 2012
justwise:

Using different names in two different passports is a bad idea, whether shorten names or full, names should be the same in all her I

Because of the name issue and for the fact that the passport has never been used, let her maintain the current passport with the correct name and forget about using the old one as any form of identity else it will come back to bite her in the future.

Thank you Justwise. My fear is if they would be able to find out she's had another passport b4 d new ECOWAS e passport assuming she claims that the current one is her first passport. The expired one was obtained in 2002 and I don't think they had started taking biometrics then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 02, 2012
@justwise, thanks for your effort here. My friend just got an invitation letter to the UK and does not know where to begin.
Please what are the necessary documents he needs to present at the embassy. The guy is a businessman. I don't think he needs the service of an agent. Please reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:49pm On May 02, 2012
Eawealth: @justwise, thanks for your effort here. My friend just got an invitation letter to the UK and does not know where to begin.
Please what are the necessary documents he needs to present at the embassy. The guy is a businessman. I don't think he needs the service of an agent. Please reply.

Please can you check this thread from page 2 or so, your question has being answered here over and over again, check you will surely see answers even more info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 02, 2012
justwise:

Please can you check this thread from page 2 or so, your question has being answered here over and over again, check you will surely see answers even more info.
Hello pls I have checked and I have not seen any that answered my question clearing because I don't want to involve him with an agent. My question is both mine and that of my friend. He received an invitation letter to UK, he has not even done his internation passport which he will hopefully collect this monday. He does business (self employed). What are the documents he needs to take to the embassy in lagos, what is the minimum deposit required for bank statement, does he needs police report, health insurance, and many others I can't remember. What if his business is not registered with CAC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dairosheyi(m): 7:46pm On May 02, 2012
pls justwise n house i realy need ur help n idea;
2 months ago my uncle told me he has applied U.K visiting visa 4 me...each time i ask him wats up he tells me it's under process,
(1) JUSTWISE PLS HOW CAN I TRACK MY PASSPORT IF REALY MY UNCLE APPLIED 4 ME
(2) I CANNOT ASK HIM MY REFERENCE NO. SO THAT I CAN TRACK...'COS HE'LL VEX
(3) MOSTLY IMPORTANT HOW CAN I TRACK IT WOTHOUT D USE OF REF. NO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by curiousmaster: 8:13pm On May 02, 2012
Good people of nairaland,

Please help me here. I applied for a residence card under EEA family member in the Uk. I am an over stayer, but got married to my girlfriend from lithuania. It has been two months now since i applied to the home office. But the have not replied on sent a confirmation that they have received my application Could anyone advise me how long it normally takes to get a reply? I am worried at the moment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:16pm On May 02, 2012
Eawealth: Hello pls I have checked and I have not seen any that answered my question clearing because I don't want to involve him with an agent. My question is both mine and that of my friend. He received an invitation letter to UK, he has not even done his internation passport which he will hopefully collect this monday. He does business (self employed). What are the documents he needs to take to the embassy in lagos, what is the minimum deposit required for bank statement, does he needs police report, health insurance, and many others I can't remember. What if his business is not registered with CAC?

Will get the link as i know we have answered this question more than i can remember.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:18pm On May 02, 2012
dairosheyi: pls justwise n house i realy need ur help n idea;
2 months ago my uncle told me he has applied U.K visiting visa 4 me...each time i ask him wats up he tells me it's under process,
(1) JUSTWISE PLS HOW CAN I TRACK MY PASSPORT IF REALY MY UNCLE APPLIED 4 ME
(2) I CANNOT ASK HIM MY REFERENCE NO. SO THAT I CAN TRACK...'COS HE'LL VEX
(3) MOSTLY IMPORTANT HOW CAN I TRACK IT WOTHOUT D USE OF REF. NO.

Unfortunately you can't check it without the reference number.

Did you go for finger print during the application submission?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:19pm On May 02, 2012
curiousmaster: Good people of nairaland,

Please help me here. I applied for a residence card under EEA family member in the Uk. I am an over stayer, but got married to my girlfriend from lithuania. It has been two months now since i applied to the home office. But the have not replied on sent a confirmation that they have received my application Could anyone advise me how long it normally takes to get a reply? I am worried at the moment.

They will get back to you, i know somebody who is still waiting for a reply from HomeOffice for more than 3months now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 8:24pm On May 02, 2012
Hi.

Just a quick one. Can one get travel insurance in Nigeria that can be used and accepted abroad? Or can someone get maybe travel insurance from the post office?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dairosheyi(m): 8:30pm On May 02, 2012
justwise:

Unfortunately you can't check it without the reference number.

Did you go for finger print during the application submission?

NO SIR !,,,he did not tell me anything concerning fingerprint
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:43pm On May 02, 2012
dairosheyi:

NO SIR !,,,he did not tell me anything concerning fingerprint
You go for finger print/biometric when submitting visa application, you can't submit without doing that, your uncle can't use his own finger print, so i don't think he applied for visa for you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:08am On May 03, 2012
justwise:

Will get the link as i know we have answered this question more than i can remember.
Ok thanks, am counting on you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by enniegal23: 8:41am On May 03, 2012
Hello Moderator, I need help, I once applied for a uk visa in 2007 and got denied, I used a fake name...Now I am in USA studying with my real name, and been offered a visa to UK on school stuffs, but I am scared of going to uk cos I already been denied with a fake name and thumbprint in Nigeria...Will I be affected since I got my visa from the US.Please someone who has a great deal of knowledge to help me here...Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fali: 8:47am On May 03, 2012
Pls i need web address of any duly registered uk tour companies.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:34am On May 03, 2012
enniegal23: Hello Moderator, I need help, I once applied for a uk visa in 2007 and got denied, I used a fake name...Now I am in USA studying with my real name, and been offered a visa to UK on school stuffs, but I am scared of going to uk cos I already been denied with a fake name and thumbprint in Nigeria...Will I be affected since I got my visa from the US.Please someone who has a great deal of knowledge to help me here...Thank you

Yes chances are you will be denied entry to the UK, you will be luck to get away with it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by dairosheyi(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2012
justwise: You go for finger print/biometric when submitting visa application, you can't submit without doing that, your uncle can't use his own finger print, so i don't think he applied for visa for you.

OMG u mean application for VISITING VISA OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF VISA requires applicant biometric/fingerprint
plss waiting 4 ur quick reply...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:56pm On May 03, 2012
dairosheyi:
OMG u mean application for VISITING VISA OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF VISA requires applicant biometric/fingerprint
plss waiting 4 ur quick reply...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/countries/nigeria/applying/biometric/?langname=UK%20English
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 03, 2012
Please answer me @ Justwise things is getting out of hand as this guy needs it urgently. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:56pm On May 03, 2012
Eawealth: Please answer me @ Justwise things is getting out of hand as this guy needs it urgently. Thanks

The person that sent him the IV also need to send his or her passport data page, bank statement/payslip, proof of adequate accommodation (if he will be accommodated by the person)

If he will be sponsoring himself. . .including paying for his accommodation, feeding and transport around the UK then th proof of accommodation or bank statement/payslip is not important.

He needs to submit his tax clearance certificate, business registration certificate, married certificate, family pictures(if he is married), land documents (if he owns one) list of places he wants to visit in the UK.

In terms of how much money he needs. . .that will depend on how many days or weeks he tend to stay in the UK, he needs to do an estimate of how much hotel accommodation, feeding and transport will cost him for the duration of his stay. that will give him an idea of how much he will need for the trip AND money to fall back at when he comes back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 5:36am On May 04, 2012
justwise:

The person that sent him the IV also need to send his or her passport data page, bank statement/payslip, proof of adequate accommodation (if he will be accommodated by the person)

If he will be sponsoring himself. . .including paying for his accommodation, feeding and transport around the UK then th proof of accommodation or bank statement/payslip is not important.

He needs to submit his tax clearance certificate, business registration certificate, married certificate, family pictures(if he is married), land documents (if he owns one) list of places he wants to visit in the UK.

In terms of how much money he needs. . .that will depend on how many days or weeks he tend to stay in the UK, he needs to do an estimate of how much hotel accommodation, feeding and transport will cost him for the duration of his stay. that will give him an idea of how much he will need for the trip AND money to fall back at when he comes back.
This is a brilliant post and we are getting somewhere. Yes the person will be sponsoring him fully. Now, do you think he need police report/health issurance certificate. I will tell him to send those documents immidiately. Should the sponsor include feeding but honestly my friend BTA will be doing that when he gets there? I will get back when all these are put together. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:29am On May 04, 2012
Eawealth: This is a brilliant post and we are getting somewhere. Yes the person will be sponsoring him fully. Now, do you think he need police report/health issurance certificate. I will tell him to send those documents immidiately. Should the sponsor include feeding but honestly my friend BTA will be doing that when he gets there? I will get back when all these are put together. Thanks

There is no need for police report, he can include health insurance if he wants.

Apart from the sponsor including his bank statement/payslips. You/your friend also need to include his own bank statement and other documents i mentioned before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 04, 2012
justwise:

There is no need for police report, he can include health insurance if he wants.

Apart from the sponsor including his bank statement/payslips. You/your friend also need to include his own bank statement and other documents i mentioned before.
Ok nice one. I just confirm again and he said the sponsor will take care of accommodation but unfortunately, the area of bank statement will be a problem as he does not have money in the acct., Is it compulsory he must provide his bank statement? If yes, can he deposit a 100k and withdraw it afterward as the guy is not one of those rich? He just dey manage. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 6:56pm On May 04, 2012
blank: Hi.

Just a quick one. Can one get travel insurance in Nigeria that can be used and accepted abroad? Or can someone get maybe travel insurance from the post office?

Does anyone know?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:45pm On May 04, 2012
Eawealth: Ok nice one. I just confirm again and he said the sponsor will take care of accommodation but unfortunately, the area of bank statement will be a problem as he does not have money in the acct., Is it compulsory he must provide his bank statement? If yes, can he deposit a 100k and withdraw it afterward as the guy is not one of those rich? He just dey manage. Thanks

How can you embark on foreign trip or host a visitor if you got no money? How will convince the ECO that you can afford the trip or afford to host somebody?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.