Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (995961 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:50pm On Jan 09, 2014
omololla: Good day..
Please I need ur advice on something serious..
It's about my sister n her husband. She's married to an Irish man n they intend travelling to Ireland last year wen she was pregnant but was sent back at d Airport just because of d pregnancy.
She later tried again after wen she delivered her baby but was refused again... She was told that the husband who is an Irish man is not financial sound to cater for her n d child... All this happens last year.
Now she wanted to go during easter n don't know how
Can u please put us through. ......
Thanks
If her husband (who is a citizen of Ireland) is not financially sound, it therefore means that she is required to meet the requirements on her own.
I hope the husband is not on Social welfare care, if so, she should forget about Ireland
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:27am On Jan 10, 2014
tedd: I'm really impressed with the way you handle and solve problems on this thread. I believe you'll as well advice me on the best thing to do. In 2009 I was issued a 10year ban from entering the UK. My offence was that I used a fake WAEC( West Africa Examination Council) certificate in my student admission processing. It was no fault of mine. My original WAEC result was burnt in a fire disaster in 2006(I have proof and documents to support this). While I was processing my visa, Chelis Education Consult( They also introduced me to the college I applied to) who was assisting me with advisory services told me since I have just a statement of result from my secondary school, that I should go to WAEC HQ office and request for a replacement with a WAEC Certificate. I was issued a fake copy by touts that I thought were staffs and the result had the exact statement with my burnt certificate and results when you check online. I innocently submitted my documents with all tuition fees fully paid and bank statements but was banned for forgery. Please advice me how I can go about this so that the ban can be reversed. Thank you
Sorry to hear this, you seem to have been a victim of circumstance.
You could have appealled the ban or requested an administrative review when you had the opportunity in 2009, but now, the window is closed and therefore, the ban stands until you do the full 10 years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 12:35am On Jan 10, 2014
Vicjustice:
You seem to be a very confident one, but my friend, i can tell you that (it is a potentiality that) you are in a serious trouble due to the previous use of deception even if it was not discovered (or so you think), but remember that the embassy keeps your files and your every information is saved under your data: so, you would have to defend that false claim regarding your travel history: therefore, you may resort to lying further to defend it or confessing to have used deception and both actions carry the 10 years ban.
Good luck

@vicjustice... thanx so much bro please my ask remain what's your advice on my case as have stated before the only false document i presented was the police report with the claim of travelling to the two said countries which I dont intend attarching in my next application cause I used the same documents without the falso police report to obtain my turkey,south africa,india and Malaysia visa, I was just naive to have added that when I applied for the uk, so please advice me to correct the wrongs on the two reasons why I was refused, thank you cause since I found this site and going through all threads have learnt the risk in submitting fake documents so its the last thing I will do so please advice bros just advice please if its for me not to apply now or again please tell me and I will take your advice cause I never intend going to stay in the uk I was just going for a week and back so I can forget it but your advice is important as you good in analysing, thanx bros
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:58am On Jan 10, 2014
zabrinma:
@vicjustice... thanx so much bro please my ask remain what's your advice on my case as have stated before the only false document i presented was the police report with the claim of travelling to the two said countries which I dont intend attarching in my next application cause I used the same documents without the falso police report to obtain my turkey,south africa,india and Malaysia visa, I was just naive to have added that when I applied for the uk, so please advice me to correct the wrongs on the two reasons why I was refused, thank you cause since I found this site and going through all threads have learnt the risk in submitting fake documents so its the last thing I will do so please advice bros
It seems you want encouragement rather than to accept the reality of the gravity of the situation that you are into.
I don't want to give you false hope based on wishes, but to tell you the undesired truth that you are in an unfavourable situation that does not seem to have an immediate solution.
If you apply for a UK visa again, your travel history would be looked into and scrutinized, and if you do not apply now, the infraction and the consequence will be waiting for the day that you will apply again.
The only way that you can get away with it is if the deception is not discovered.
I'm sorry to disappoint you by saying that i don't have a solution for this situation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 1:10am On Jan 10, 2014
Vicjustice:
It seems you want encouragement rather than to accept the reality of the gravity of the situation that you are into.
I don't want to give you false hope based on wishes, but to tell you the undesired truth that you are in an unfavourable situation that does not seem to have an immediate solution.
If you apply for a UK visa again, your travel history would be looked into and scrutinized, and if you do not apply now, the infraction and the consequence will be waiting for the day that you will apply again.
The only way that you can get away with it is if the deception is not discovered.
I'm sorry to disappoint you by saying that i don't have a solution for this situation.

Thanx bro thats much convincing much appreciated, but like I said I wont add the police report in my next application I even thorn it the same day I opened my package, and yes I will take the risk in some months to come, we only leave once and we not promise tomorrow so please how do I go by the two reasons of my refusal please help me with that and leave the risk for me to handle
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 3:54am On Jan 10, 2014
vicjustice, i have an interview on d 24th of this month and my final enrolment is 3rd february. Therefore, i have just a week for visa processing (tier 4).

Do u think i would make it?

considering also that:
recently, d visas came out 6 working days.
some came out 2 working days.
january is a free period compared to september.

so, what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by geek(m): 6:15am On Jan 10, 2014
zabrinma:

Thanx bro thats much convincing much appreciated, but like I said I wont add the police report in my next application I even thorn it the same day I opened my package, and yes I will take the risk in some months to come, we only leave once and we not promise tomorrow so please how do I go by the two reasons of my refusal please help me with that and leave the risk for me to handle

It's not as easy as that oga. You provided false evidence in your failed application that you had previously travelled to Poland, Hungary, and some other Eastern European countries.

Presumably you also listed them on your visa application form when answering the question "have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the uK, in the last 10 years"

So that's two separate documents they know about.

They have full access to your previous failed application. Don't you think they're going to realise if you presented evidence of previously going to one set of countries, only to not disclose them in your fresh application? You got away with it this time but it will get picked up in your fresh application.

zabrinma: Please house is it becaue we are from third word and our passport is not valued cause I know and believe 60 % of whites that travel are not up to what we have achieved

No, it's because people like you who deceive in the attempt to get a visa, selfishly make things worse and so much harder for genuine applicants!

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 8:15am On Jan 10, 2014
geek:

It's not as easy as that oga. You provided false evidence in your failed application that you had previously travelled to Poland, Hungary, and some other Eastern European countries.

Presumably you also listed them on your visa application form when answering the question "have you travelled outside your country of residence, excluding to the uK, in the last 10 years"

So that's two separate documents they know about.

They have full access to your previous failed application. Don't you think they're going to realise if you presented evidence of previously going to one set of countries, only to not disclose them in your fresh application? You got away with it this time but it will get picked up in your fresh application.

No, it's because people like you who deceive in the attempt to get a visa, selfishly make things worse and so much harder for genuine applicants!

Will keep that in mind bro thanx but you to hard on me bro it was claim of travelling on a lost passport writting from the police station on the police report,nothing as in presenting fake visas and stamps from those said countries but still thanx cause you say it like it is, if I knew I wouldn't get answered on my refusal reasons I wouldn't have bothered the house with my case all I wanted was to correct the wrongs beside we all make mistakes and screw up which have admitted in my old post here several times all the same cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gonelsystems: 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
My School in London just informed me that it is required that I have the funds in my account for 28days before my CAS can be processed. is this the same for everyone as i thought its the embassy that requires this.. please I need our input. Tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Loriante: 2:38pm On Jun 27, 2014
Happy to have come back again with my inquiries, boiling down to my attempts to convince ECO that I am returning to my home country after my visit. I should thank first Justwise and others who truly helped me getting my Tier 4 student visa about 2 years ago.

I am attending my graduation this July, having submitted what seemed to me enough documents together with my father's documents. I was awarded my degree only in June (being a writing up a student till May), claiming my graduation letter on the 20th. So I am unemployed.

These are the documents I have submitted:

1-Bank statement covering 6 months period with sufficient funds to pay for the whole journey.
2-Graduation letter sent me electronically by the student life desk.
3- Proof of purchasing a property in installments with an article stating my payments to be in effect since 2011.
4-My parents's marriage certificate as an indicator of my ties back home.
5-Itinerary and return flight tickets indicating a trip of only 10 days.

My concerns: I have concerns about my bank statements deposits being untraceable. I have declared in my online application that I get approximately 400 GBP pounds per month from family and friends. But my bank statement presents large lumps of money being deposited regularly since January due to my father helping me saving for my phd. He does so temporarily (not regularly) in addition to my depositing personal savings from my previous job whose payment history belongs to a totally different bank account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 8:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
Justwise

As regards source of funds For a business man who can't tell his clients to bring their statement to prove himself ...business purchase receipts shud work fine right as a source ...like for a builder things like receipts of tiles ,iron,cement blocks and plumbing materials ...good Enuff?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:19pm On Jun 27, 2014
gaskinachi: Justwise

As regards source of funds For a business man who can't tell his clients to bring their statement to prove himself ...business purchase receipts shud work fine right as a source ...like for a builder things like receipts of tiles ,iron,cement blocks and plumbing materials ...good Enuff?

I don't understand that bit, can you explain?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 3:00am On Jun 28, 2014
Ok one update for the House.
Partner's brother applied for visit visa to attend partner's graduation in July.
He's a biz man (SME), and he submitted the following.
1) application form duly signed,
2) company memo of association
3) invitation letter from partner
4) company letter if incorporation
5) company account
6) personal account
7) marriage certificate
cool birth certificates of both him and partner to shoe they are blood but different family names.
9) a photo with partner.
10) support letter from HIS Company stating other board members unequivocally agree for him to assess company funds during his trip.

Notice, NO TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE WAS SUBMITTED (That's not to say partner's brother has or doesn't have tax clearance cert).

His visa was Granted within 7 days. And did I add, he's a first time traveller... never been to Seme border, talk more of Ghana or even Middle East... just chasing business here n der.

Lesson learned, AS USUAL, every application is treated in its own merits. You need to make good use of the "additional info to support your application" section (write on a fresh page if need be).
Don't abbreviate or summarise info expecting the ECO to use his number 6; at the same time, refrain from lengthy explanations. The ECO is too busy to read a 5-lines sentence; ain't nobody got time for that.

In all, we are happy and looking forward to July grad. Yippee. Best wishes to all applicants, graduands, etc.

Welcome back NairaLand[ers]. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 5:47am On Jun 28, 2014
justwise:

I don't understand that bit, can you explain?
I saw on the student thread where u said someone shud submit her dads statement wit hers ...so I'm saying if clients transferred money to me whichc mostly has been my most convenient means of getting paid ..I can't possibly ask them to give me their statement as proof of where funds came from so wat is my option in a case like dis.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:16am On Jun 28, 2014
gaskinachi:
I saw on the student thread where u said someone shud submit her dads statement wit hers ...so I'm saying if clients transferred money to me whichc mostly has been my most convenient means of getting paid ..I can't possibly ask them to give me their statement as proof of where funds came from so wat is my option in a case like dis.

Student visa and visiting visa requirements are not the same, are you a business man?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 28, 2014
@justwise

Help and advice needed please. I intend to travel to UK Nxt month or early august at least. I work wit d federal government as a paramilitary officer with 70k salary. But my dad is the one sponsoring the trip and in his personal account he has like #7m+ and company account over #1m+
But my salary account is very low, like 30k or so, as at today sha.

I ave traveled and worked in South Africa before but left to start my current job here. I av a marriage certificate and all that wit my husband in South Africa but I don't want to include tat information unless its absolutely necessary because we are no longer together.

What do I need to get or do?

I ave:
Appointment/acceptance letters
Tax clearance not ready but I av my TIN card
Annual leave letter
6 months pay slip
ID card
Letter of sponsorship from my dad
His personal and company bank statement
HIs CAC certificate
His tax clearance certificate
Hotel booking
My salary acct bnk statement
Pictures in uniform wit colleagues/fam Pictures
My passports(old and new; d old has d southie stamp and visa permit and all that)
...oh and I av a land don't know if I should include d info.

Wat else do I need? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:50am On Jun 28, 2014
divaly: @justwise

Help and advice needed please. I intend to travel to UK Nxt month or early august at least. I work wit d federal government as a paramilitary officer with 70k salary. But my dad is the one sponsoring the trip and in his personal account he has like #7m+ and company account over #1m+

I ave traveled and worked in South Africa before but left to start my current job here. I av a marriage certificate and all that wit my husband in South Africa but I don't want to include tat information unless its absolutely necessary because we are no longer together.

I ave:
Annual leave letter
6 months pay slip
ID card
HIs CAC certificate
Hotel booking
My passports(old and new; d old has d southie stamp and visa permit and all that)

Is your visit work related or just holiday?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 7:06am On Jun 28, 2014
justwise:

Student visa and visiting visa requirements are not the same, are you a business man?

Yes I'm into remodeling constructions etc I want to apply for a visiting visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 28, 2014
justwise:

Is your visit work related or just holiday?

It's a holiday o. Two weeks at most or less sef.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:12am On Jun 28, 2014
gaskinachi:

Yes I'm into remodeling constructions etc I want to apply for a visiting visa.

Ok i get that now..i'm guessing that your business is registered and you pay tax from your income?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:21am On Jun 28, 2014
divaly:

It's a holiday o. Two weeks at most or less sef.

divaly: @justwise
I ave:
Annual leave letter
6 months pay slip
ID card
HIs CAC certificate
Hotel booking

Include your land's documents.

Your salary may count against you, 70K is about £240.724, with that salary you can't really afford to travel to a place like the UK.

Your daddy sponsoring you may not account much because your tie-Nigeria is not strong enough, your tie-Nigeria lies pretty much on your ability to sponsor the trip without relying on your daddy.

I will not discourage you from applying, give it a go and good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 11:31am On Jun 28, 2014
justwise:

Ok i get that now..i'm guessing that your business is registered and you pay tax from your income?

Yes business is registered,has been since December 2012...I paid tax of about 40k recently..'twas spread over three years..I wud pick the cert and card on Monday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:44am On Jun 28, 2014
gaskinachi: Justwise

gaskinachi:
Yes business is registered,has been since December 2012...I paid tax of about 40k recently..'twas spread over three years..I wud pick the cert and card on Monday.

Ok good, you need to present your business and current/personal account, your tax clearance, your business registration documents, ....if you are married then your marriage certificate, family pictures/wedding pictures should be included.

Adding your purchase receipts is not bad at all, its an advantage to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

Ok good, you need to present your business and current/personal account, your tax clearance, your business registration documents, ....if you are married then your marriage certificate, family pictures/wedding pictures should be included.

Adding your purchase receipts is not bad at all, its an advantage to you

Ok I av a lil issue wit the bold area ...I receive most of my pay into my savings acct...I never opened an acct for the business since most times I withdraw directly from my acct and I mobilise my workers to the site and pay them in cash wen they are through...the acct currently holds about 2.5m...I've had several huge incoming and outgoing transfers over the last 9 months ...150,500,700,1m,800k,1.3 etc and it's regular ..good Enuff? Plus I'm thinking of including pictures of several work sites I've worked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2014
gaskinachi:

Ok I av a lil issue wit the bold area ...I receive most of my pay into my savings acct...I never opened an acct for the business since most times I withdraw directly from my acct and I mobilise my workers to the site and pay them in cash wen they are through...the acct currently holds about 2.5m...I've had several huge incoming and outgoing transfers over the last 9 months ...150,500,700,1m,800k,1.3 etc and it's regular ..good Enuff? Plus I'm thinking of including pictures of several work sites I've worked.

Sorry no one will be interested in your pictures, they are not PROOF, only your word.
Only facts like bank account or tax doculents are relevent.
Remember you need to be able to show where monet is coming from.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ggee(m): 3:13pm On Jun 28, 2014
Thanks for the information here. Helped with applying for the UK Visas.
I applied for Visa for self, wife and child on 16/June.
Got mail on 24/June that visa was process. Got passports back with Visa on 27/June via UPS.
My docs (Bank statements 3, Payslips 6 moths, marriage certificate, birth certificate for child & land docs) were all returned with passport.
Following docs were removed - Coy introduction, stork brokers statement and host invitation email & resident permit.

My question, are those docs returned not necessary or required? So that I don't have to include them another time.

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
gaskinachi:

If that is the case then you got no choice than to submit that but you really have to make use of the blank space in the form to explain to ECO that you don't have business account......that you run it with your savings.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ggee: Thanks for the information here. Helped with applying for the UK Visas.
Got mail on 24/June that visa was process. Got passports back with Visa on 27/June via UPS.
My docs (Bank statements 3, Payslips 6 moths, marriage certificate, birth certificate for child & land docs) were all returned with passport.
Following docs were removed - Coy introduction, stork brokers statement and host invitation email & resident permit.

My question, are those docs returned not necessary or required? So that I don't have to include them another time.

Thanks.

You still have to resubmit those documents next time, are they original or photocopies?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 3:47pm On Jun 28, 2014
justwise:

If that is the case then you got no choice than to submit that but you really have to make use of the blank space in the form to explain to ECO that you don't have business account......that you run it with your savings.

Thanks a lot for the help.as regards tie to home country I'm currently about to resume my second year for my masters programme,it's a two year course I'm running in Lasu..wat documents shud I include from the sch? Plus I av d survey of a couple of acres my father bought in my name shud I also include dis as an indication of ties to nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Ggee(m): 3:56pm On Jun 28, 2014
Bank statementss are originals.
Payslips -printed with coy stamp.
Others are photocopies.
justwise:
You still have to resubmit those documents next time, are they original or photocopies?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ggee: Bank statementss are originals.
Payslips -printed with coy stamp.
Others are photocopies.

I thought as much, those can be replaced, they are not really important as you can easily get another original copy from your bank and company.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by blank(f): 11:32pm On Jun 28, 2014
Ggee: Thanks for the information here. Helped with applying for the UK Visas.

Thanks.

They were removed because those were addressed to them or for their direct benefit. It forms part of your info with them. Please include them still whenever you are applying.

I want to ask, where did you apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (426)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.