Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,129 members, 7,900,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (211) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (991024 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chinwem(f): 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2014
So guys I have a really serious issue and I don't know what to do. I applied on the 3rd and after waiting for over a month for my visa to come out, sheffield finally responded to my numerous mails, informing me that they have no record of me applying for visa. This is after I have submitted my application, paid, done my biometrics and my interview and for submitted my supporting documents and waiting for over a month. I am at loss at what to do because I feel like yelling at someone. I need some advice please. I submitted at vi (unfortunately)

This is so sad
Teleperformance is a dissapointment, needs to be scrapped
Even in Accra they are misbehaving
The online tracking kept showing "bundle awaiting transfer to UKVI for processing" for a whole 3 weeks
Even after I had picked up my passport , the status never changed
Send mail, they don't reply..........call them they won't pick
I contacted the UK immigration international enquiry service who even told me that my application was yet to be assessed by an entry clearance officer
At this point I decided not to give myself high blood pressure and think of other things
However 2 days later I got an email from another entity saying my passport was ready for pickup
Till today the online tracking still shows "bundle awaiting transfer to UKVI"
Which leads me to conclude that they don't know what they re doing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 9:10pm On Aug 09, 2014
Yeah i have been friend with her since i was sixteen,she call me on cell daily and txt me too she use to talk to my family my dad and my little brother anytime she call..i have go for my phone itemized bill and she appearsa in the details every day and sometimes even twice aday,have my three months itemized bills and she appearsa in the call log everyday.she use to send me money and also post me gift xmasa card in xmas..she was a hair dress.she is a hair dreass britisah citizen ...my trust can fully sponser me my travel my uncle trust her very much to the fulles that she will keep me safe bcare she careas about me very much thatsa why she call daily and txt me.she live with her partner.so what should i do about it?and how can i get strong evidents to support ?becausae am wise and i am adult now can travel alone am 18years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 9:19pm On Aug 09, 2014
Danito2: Yeah i have been friend with her since i was sixteen,she call me on cell daily and txt me too she use to talk to my family my dad and my little brother anytime she call..i have go for my phone itemized bill and she appearsa in the details every day and sometimes even twice aday,have my three months itemized bills and she appearsa in the call log everyday.she use to send me money and also post me gift xmasa card in xmas..she was a hair dress.she is a hair dreass britisah citizen ...my trust can fully sponser me my travel my uncle trust her very much to the fulles that she will keep me safe bcare she careas about me very much thatsa why she call daily and txt me.she live with her partner.so what should i do about it?and how can i get strong evidents to support ?becausae am wise and i am adult now can travel alone am 18years.

Danito2: Please,somebody should help me here ,i got refuse uk visit visa last month,the person inviting me is a white lady and she is someone i have never meet before,buh she use to call me on fone every day and also use to send me emails and also send me some money as gifts,she really trust me and trust my family i am 18years old she have talk to my dad on fone before and she wish to let me come visit her we have been friends for since 2years getting to three years now.buh i got refused because the consular said she contacted my uk sponser nd she confirmed he invited me buh we have never meet before,so he is not satisfy that i can relied to meet someone i have never meet or demonstrate correspondence with.the white woman want me still come over how will i do now what papers and how should the invitation go?and how will i be able to demontrate strong evidence of our correspondence ?and can it be possible when i demonstrate they will give to me as we have never met before?and how should the initation letter sound like this time around?thanks very much,God bless you

Considering the fact that you are just 18 years of age and she started talking to you online when you were just 16, it will be risky to even allow you to leave Nigeria under such arrangement. How old is the lady?

Danito2: The woman is 48years old and a british citizen living with her partner andy..the woman talk to my dad everyday on phone she has taken me as her son.she knows my family well my little brother and my dad and everybody in my family.i went for my itemized fone bill and her number is found in every blessed day..pls help me out she really want me to visit,the embassby said i didnt demonstrate correspondence

There is nothing anybody will tell you here that will make sense to you, the embassy will be acting irresponsibly if they gave you a visa at your age to travel to the UK to meet that woman. How about inviting the woman to Nigeria?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ayobj: 12:11am On Aug 10, 2014
Danito2: Yeah i have been friend with her since i was sixteen,she call me on cell daily and txt me too she use to talk to my family my dad and my little brother anytime she call..i have go for my phone itemized bill and she appearsa in the details every day and sometimes even twice aday,have my three months itemized bills and she appearsa in the call log everyday.she use to send me money and also post me gift xmasa card in xmas..she was a hair dress.she is a hair dreass britisah citizen ...my trust can fully sponser me my travel my uncle trust her very much to the fulles that she will keep me safe bcare she careas about me very much thatsa why she call daily and txt me.she live with her partner.so what should i do about it?and how can i get strong evidents to support ?becausae am wise and i am adult now can travel alone am 18years.

Bros,you are too young for this pursuits.i advise you to face your education and make a headway in life.if you are giving an entry clearance,I am sure you will overstay and get into trouble.over 20 years ago,i was once your age and I was sweating it out to make my grades at school.Today,I can travel to any country on my monthly salary without saving.just forget it, don't know why your family is supportive of this plan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 1:45am On Aug 10, 2014
Ohkk..the woman is 48years old,she live with her partner
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 2:55am On Aug 10, 2014
esosa4real: I cant pay online for the Visa Application.
AM using A VISA CARD, at first it said "UNSUCCESSFUL", later i tried again with same card, it said "sorry we are having technical dificulties with Worldpay server"

Please what can i possibly do?
Abeg @3sha4lyf , @justwise, make ona hellep me ooh, Dont kbnow how else to pay for this ish!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kieny99: 5:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hi I recently applied for my visa to UK and i got a txt message saying that my passport has been returned to the center and i can collect it. Does it meanmy visa been approved or denied? Thanks for help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:57pm On Aug 10, 2014
kieny99: Hi I recently applied for my visa to UK and i got a txt message saying that my passport has been returned to the center and i can collect it. Does it meanmy visa been approved or denied? Thanks for help

Is that all the text said?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kieny99: 6:05pm On Aug 10, 2014
justwise:
Is that all the text said?

yes, but even in the email before when they recieved my documents they just mention the same thing, that they will send me a notification when my passport will be ready to be picked up. And somewhere online i read that they not supposed to say by txt if its approved or denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
kieny99:

yes, but even in the email before when they recieved my documents they just mention the same thing, that they will send me a notification when my passport will be ready to be picked up. And somewhere online i read that they not supposed to say by txt if its approved or denied.

In many cases they do state if you have been given or not. In this case i 'think' its refusal but go and pick it up and know.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by kieny99: 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2014
justwise:
In many cases they do state if you have been given or not. In this case i 'think' its refusal but go and pick it up and know.

well thats not really good for me, but thanks for help, appreciate it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 9:19pm On Aug 10, 2014
esosa4real:
Abeg @3sha4lyf , @justwise, make ona hellep me ooh, Dont kbnow how else to pay for this ish!

Wait... try again on a different day. it's probably network, or like they've written out to u, technical issue. Remember that the site us in beta.

Try another day, or with another payment card.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
As anyone tried payment with myPaga? any issues employing this method?
Ona wey pay for ona online application visa fee, Biko how ona take run am?? My payment aint going thru, even with my friends cards.

Lastly, abeg exactly how much be this general visitor uk visa fee in naira??
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
I want to know if uk clearance officer get time to read full three pages of invitation letter?doesa he have that time for the three full pages of invitation letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 3:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
I want to know if uk clearance officer get time to read full three pages of invitation letter?doesa he have that time for the three full pages of invitation letter?or they only read short invitation letters?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 4:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
Danito2: I want to know if uk clearance officer get time to read full three pages of invitation letter?doesa he have that time for the three full pages of invitation letter?or they only read short invitation letters?
You think 3 pages are enough?
Joke apart,
What sort of invitation letter that would take half a page how much more 3 pages.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2014
Danito2: I want to know if uk clearance officer get time to read full three pages of invitation letter?doesa he have that time for the three full pages of invitation letter?or they only read short invitation letters?

If you send ANY important person three pages they will only scan it!
What information they take will be by luck! shocked

Any more than one page, clearly typed or written is a waste of time.

Visa officers are not impressed by long rambling and begging letters, they see too many to take any notice!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 4:42pm On Aug 11, 2014
All th three pagesa is about the purpose of visiting as an visual art student and also how long he will be in uk,plus how strong our friendship,its three copies becausae want to show the entry clearance officer that the reason why i got refuse with the first application have been weel fixed and i also state how rich family the person i am inviting and his background how rich he is and will come back to go to school after the three weeks.and also stats that hes a visual art student so it will really help when he visit uk so that i take him to art museums and also some craft work and culture about uk which will help him way back to Ghana and will give him for knowledge to write this final exams next year.thats all how the invitation letter is all about
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ademo9: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
Hello house,I seriously need an advice here..I plan on inviting my mom to the UK on my student visa asap but she doesn't use her bank account well enough.Is a 3 month bank statement going to work instead of the suppose 6 months.I hope that won't work against her..Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2014
It is actually understandable if a company is sending you an invitation letter detailing the terms and conditions of dealings, such official invitation document could be a whole booklet or a wad of sheets. But for a personal invitation letter, there is no need to write that long.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2014
Danito2: All th three pagesa is about the purpose of visiting as an visual art student and also how long he will be in uk,plus how strong our friendship,its three copies becausae want to show the entry clearance officer that the reason why i got refuse with the first application have been weel fixed and i also state how rich family the person i am inviting and his background how rich he is and will come back to go to school after the three weeks.and also stats that hes a visual art student so it will really help when he visit uk so that i take him to art museums and also some craft work and culture about uk which will help him way back to Ghana and will give him for knowledge to write this final exams next year.thats all how the invitation letter is all about
How about you put these details as aditional information instead of invitation letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2014
ademo9: Hello house,I seriously need an advice here..I plan on inviting my mom to the UK on my student visa asap but she doesn't use her bank account well enough.Is a 3 month bank statement going to work instead of the suppose 6 months.I hope that won't work against her..Thanks
It depends on how settled you are in the UK and how comfortable she is in Nigeria and also, the responsibility of the person who is footing the costs

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2014
Really would that be possible.and will it address it onto the clearance officer..and does he have to write it as a letter to explain our relationship and the benefit of the trip,aside from a simple invitation letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by khadeb: 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2014
i applied for a canada visitor visa on may 2014 but my application hasn't been processed,i heard all application has been put onhold till nxtyr jan.Am abt to apply for a UK tier 2 visa nw bt am having som problem in filling d part 6 of d VAF9 form which includes previous Application and travel history. 1. Have u ever been refused a visa for any country including d UK? 2.How do I make it known dat av applied for a canada visit visa or don't I need to include it? 3. Some of d information dat in my canada application are wrong cos I didn't fill d form myself bt later got to knw dat som info are incorrect and I intend to fill d correct info for the UK application. Pls how do I go abt dis cos am scared abt dem reviewing my canada app? Justwise and co pls ur contribution is highly needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ermm I plan on Visiting the UK December this year. first time Visit.

These are my issues.

My passport is to expire by July next year.
I am self employed and I am the MD of my Company but jointly managed with my younger brother and Dad more like a family company, the company pays tax and I have copies of the company FIRS tax certificate.

I intend on using my savings account which is well run alongside a letter from the banking stating that I am a signatory to the account as I ain't the sole signatory to check excesses.

I have friends in the UK that I can get an invitation later from, but I am not sure of their financial strength but I am very capable of taking care of my self.

My questions goes thus.

1. Should I renew my passport
2. I don't pay personal tax as I sometimes transfer money that I need to my account anytime I really need money from the company account.
3. I don't have a specific amount paid in as salary but I try not to make my account balance go below a Million naira and even if it does at anytym it's either borrowed for a business and would definitely be returned either by a larger sum or different breakdowns. Plus I also spend a lot of money from the savings account on thousands of things so it's not like I deposited d large sum n keeping it for a certain purpose.
4. My friend is a British citizen but he's not well paid. Do I need a hotel reservation or can I make a reservation and cancel it to stay with him when I get there.
5. My greatest problem is that he stays in Anfield and I don't want to leave North London thruout my stay. I am an addicted Arsenal fan.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2014
Danito2: Really would that be possible.and will it address it onto the clearance officer..and does he have to write it as a letter to explain our relationship and the benefit of the trip,aside from a simple invitation letter

An invitation letter should really be precise, stating the purpose for invitation, duration and conditions of the invitation. So you may not need to out details like "why circumstances has changed now and applicant is prepared for visa application" or the likes. All these details should be put in the additional section and if need be, continued on another paper which, some prefer it to be letter form. Regardless of whether you put in details, refrain from lengthy sentences, and lengthy pages of letters to the ECO. Each case worker had but a limited time to deal with each application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 7:29pm On Aug 11, 2014
IjogzK: Ermm I plan on Visiting the UK December this year. first time Visit.

These are my issues.

My passport is to expire by July next year.
I am self employed and I am the MD of my Company but jointly managed with my younger brother and Dad more like a family company, the company pays tax and I have copies of the company FIRS tax certificate.

I intend on using my savings account which is well run alongside a letter from the banking stating that I am a signatory to the account as I ain't the sole signatory to check excesses.

I have friends in the UK that I can get an invitation later from, but I am not sure of their financial strength but I am very capable of taking care of my self.

My questions goes thus.

1. Should I renew my passport
2. I don't pay personal tax as I sometimes transfer money that I need to my account anytime I really need money from the company account.
3. I don't have a specific amount paid in as salary but I try not to make my account balance go below a Million naira and even if it does at anytym it's either borrowed for a business and would definitely be returned either by a larger sum or different breakdowns. Plus I also spend a lot of money from the savings account on thousands of things so it's not like I deposited d large sum n keeping it for a certain purpose.
4. My friend is a British citizen but he's not well paid. Do I need a hotel reservation or can I make a reservation and cancel it to stay with him when I get there.
5. My greatest problem is that he stays in Anfield and I don't want to leave North London thruout my stay. I am an addicted Arsenal fan.

1) Not a problem since its more than 6months to expiration.
2) Ok smiley
3) you can note that on your VAF that your earnings are not fixed. And explain that money movements in your accounts are monies lent to people and repaid, citing one or two if such movements in your account.
4) if you won't stay with your friend, and if your friend is not supporting you in anyway towards your stay in uk, eg. feeding, tour patner, etc., and/or cannot provide supporting documents for you, then you dont need to involve your friend. And if that be the case, yes you need to make a hotel reservation. Hotels hold reservations and cancel them either free or for a fee. Be sure to check their Ts&Cs
5) get a place focal to your intended areas of tourism.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ademo9: 7:59pm On Aug 11, 2014
[quote author=Vicjustice]
It depends on how settled you are in the UK and how comfortable she is in Nigeria and also, the responsibility of the person who is footing the costs...Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 11:06pm On Aug 11, 2014
Help Hello,I was refused eea family permit today,the reason for the refusal was that they called my husbands place of work all to no avail,so they don't believe he works there or earns the income he said he claims. It was also stated that as such they are not sure he's residing in the United Kingdom. It was also stated that I am umemployed(which I am)and I didn't state how am being supported in nigeria,saving,lands or property and that no evidence of my husband sending me money. I don't need my husband to send me money cos I get money from my mom every month,so it wasn't necessary for my husband to send me money and I also put in my mom bank statement,when processing the application,I have the right of appeal,but I don't know if it's to appeal or re apply or simply do both.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:30am On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23: Help Hello,I was refused eea family permit today,the reason for the refusal was that they called my husbands place of work all to no avail,so they don't believe he works there or earns the income he said he claims. It was also stated that as such they are not sure he's residing in the United Kingdom. It was also stated that I am umemployed(which I am)and I didn't state how am being supported in nigeria,saving,lands or property and that no evidence of my husband sending me money. I don't need my husband to send me money cos I get money from my mom every month,so it wasn't necessary for my husband to send me money and I also put in my mom bank statement,when processing the application,I have the right of appeal,but I don't know if it's to appeal or re apply or simply do both.thanks
Well, these are the points raised by the Visa Officer, but you can't get a meaningful advice if you don't narrate your own side of the story.
What can you say about your husband's non-operative work-place telephone number?
What did you state is your purpose of applying for the EEA family permit, to temporarily visit your husband or to migrate (to join him)?
It seems you stated that you intended to VISIT him, this seemingly is the only reason that your personal financial circumstances became considerable factors: and the fact that you tried to support your application with your mom's bank statement also suggests that you were using the wrong method to apply for EEA permit.
Dear, that application was a total mess, and i don't think it is reasonable to appeal it...
If you don't mind, i would suggest that you to respond to this post by providing answers, and also explain your TRUE circumstance so we may be able to assist you in your next application.
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 6:17am On Aug 12, 2014
Vicjustice:
Well, these are the points raised by the Visa Officer, but you can't get a meaningful advice if you don't narrate your own side of the story.
What can you say about your husband's non-operative work-place telephone number?
What did you state is your purpose of applying for the EEA family permit, to temporarily visit your husband or to migrate (to join him)?
It seems you stated that you intended to VISIT him, this seemingly is the only reason that your personal financial circumstances became considerable factors: and the fact that you tried to support your application with your mom's bank statement also suggests that you were using the wrong method to apply for EEA permit.
Dear, that application was a total mess, and i don't think it is reasonable to appeal it...
If you don't mind, i would suggest that you to respond to this post by providing answers, and also explain your TRU,E circumstance so we may be able to assist you in your next application.
Cheers
I've being to uk severally,did my masters in uk too,got married late 2012,last year in the uk,I put in for eu residence card,at d long run,my passport got missing in the home office and my aplication was denied.I came back to nigeria,applied for a eea family permit,to stay with my husband,when I got the refusal yesterday,going through it and also reading that they tried to ring his workplace,no one picked is a lie,I don't need my husband to send me money because he's saving up me and am more than well taken care of at home.when I got back my documents,my husbands payslips,letter of employment and tenancy agreement was not returned back,I still have a valid two year visiting visa,just my passport that got missing in d home office.so. Pls vicjustice,how do I go about this,appeal or reapply,I need help

(1) (2) (3) ... (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.