Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,113 members, 7,880,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 06:34 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (988873 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by iamnewhere: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2014
Hello Visa Officer,

I hope you will be fine. My question is that My wife is an american citizen and she was divorced but when she got married here with me in Pakistan we on the marriage certificate mentioned her as virgin. Now for CR1 visa she has submitted her divorce papers as well. Now the problem is i can not rectify this error from the marriage certificate issuance authority so hearing this my immigration consultant asked me to cross it my self and wrote divorced on it and then send it to him. I asked him that even if i do that the embassy will physically verify the marriage certificate from registrar and his own copy of marriage certificate which will state her as virgin. So what should i do should i let the case proceed without correcting the virgin part as we are not hiding any thing coz she has already submitted her divorce papers or should i cross it my self and correct it will it effect my case if i do it or not or If i just submit the marriage certificate as it is will the visa officer wont be suspected about it kindly guide me please.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:18am On Aug 12, 2014
iamnewhere:

Hello Visa Officer,

I hope you will be fine. My question is that My wife is an american citizen and she was divorced but when she got married here with me in Pakistan we on the marriage certificate mentioned her as virgin. Now for CR1 visa she has submitted her divorce papers as well. Now the problem is i can not rectify this error from the marriage certificate issuance authority so hearing this my immigration consultant asked me to cross it my self and wrote divorced on it and then send it to him. I asked him that even if i do that the embassy will physically verify the marriage certificate from registrar and his own copy of marriage certificate which will state her as virgin. So what should i do should i let the case proceed without correcting the virgin part as we are not hiding any thing coz she has already submitted her divorce papers or should i cross it my self and correct it will it effect my case if i do it or not or If i just submit the marriage certificate as it is will the visa officer wont be suspected about it kindly guide me please.

Post it here https://www.nairaland.com/1792591/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by akinke: 8:20am On Aug 12, 2014
Thanks SpikesSc, I have sent a message to UKVI, this is the reply I got, i cudnt paste it here but it emphasis that
A decision has not yet been made on your application.
Does that meanmy documents are safe and in their hands, just that it os been delayed?

And pls who has heard from UkVi, I mean somwone wu used Teleperfomance VI, and has bn delayed?

Many thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 8:28am On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
I've being to uk severally,did my masters in uk too,got married late 2012,last year in the uk,I put in for eu residence card,at d long run,my passport got missing in the home office and my aplication was denied.I came back to nigeria,applied for a eea family permit,to stay with my husband,when I got the refusal yesterday,going through it and also reading that they tried to ring his workplace,no one picked is a lie,I don't need my husband to send me money because he's saving up me and am more than well taken care of at home.when I got back my documents,my husbands payslips,letter of employment and tenancy agreement was not returned back,I still have a valid two year visiting visa,just my passport that got missing in d home office.so. Pls vicjustice,how do I go about this,appeal or reapply,I need help
@justwise and @vicjustice I needyour reply.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by spikesC(m): 9:10am On Aug 12, 2014
akinke: Thanks SpikesSc, I have sent a message to UKVI, this is the reply I got, i cudnt paste it here but it emphasis that
A decision has not yet been made on your application.
Does that meanmy documents are safe and in their hands, just that it os been delayed?

And pls who has heard from UkVi, I mean somwone wu used Teleperfomance VI, and has bn delayed?

Many thanks!

Yes, they're processing it now so it is safe.
Only one person has recieved his, he applied for visiting visa.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by khadeb: 9:27am On Aug 12, 2014
Someone should reply plss,ur contribution is highly needed
khadeb: i applied for a canada visitor visa on may 2014 but my application hasn't been processed,i heard all application has been put onhold till nxtyr jan.Am abt to apply for a UK tier 2 visa nw bt am having som problem in filling d part 6 of d VAF9 form which includes previous Application and travel history. 1. Have u ever been refused a visa for any country including d UK? 2.How do I make it known dat av applied for a canada visit visa or don't I need to include it? 3. Some of d information dat in my canada application are wrong cos I didn't fill d form myself bt later got to knw dat som info are incorrect and I intend to fill d correct info for the UK application. Pls how do I go abt dis cos am scared abt dem reviewing my canada app? Justwise and co pls ur contribution is highly needed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ademo9: 9:47am On Aug 12, 2014
Hello house,I seriously need an advice here..I plan on inviting my mom to the UK on my student visa asap but she doesn't use her bank account well enough.Is a 3 month bank statement going to work instead of the suppose 6 months.I hope that won't work against her..Thanks

URGENT URGENT URGENT PLEASE
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ademo9: 9:48am On Aug 12, 2014
Hello house,I seriously need an advice here..I plan on inviting my mom to the UK on my student visa asap but she doesn't use her bank account well enough.Is a 3 month bank statement going to work instead of the suppose 6 months.I hope that won't work against her..Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 9:53am On Aug 12, 2014
ademo9: Hello house,I seriously need an advice here..I plan on inviting my mom to the UK on my student visa asap but she doesn't use her bank account well enough.Is a 3 month bank statement going to work instead of the suppose 6 months.I hope that won't work against her..Thanks

I guess someone has already responded to ur query earlier on. Lemme suggest that you just print out ur mum's statement of 6months albeit it's only been active in the last three months.

At the end of the day, what would be taken into consideration is who's sponsoring the stay, some commitments cum ties your mum have in Nigeria, immigration history etc. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23: Help Hello,I was refused eea family permit today,the reason for the refusal was that they called my husbands place of work all to no avail,so they don't believe he works there or earns the income he said he claims. It was also stated that as such they are not sure he's residing in the United Kingdom. It was also stated that I am umemployed(which I am)and I didn't state how am being supported in nigeria,saving,lands or property and that no evidence of my husband sending me money. I don't need my husband to send me money cos I get money from my mom every month,so it wasn't necessary for my husband to send me money and I also put in my mom bank statement,when processing the application,I have the right of appeal,but I don't know if it's to appeal or re apply or simply do both.thanks
Well, these are the points raised by the Visa Officer, but you can't get a meaningful advice if you don't narrate your own side of the story.
What can you say about your husband's non-operative work-place telephone number?
What did you state is your purpose of applying for the EEA family permit, to temporarily visit your husband or to migrate (to join him)?
It seems you stated that you intended to VISIT him, this seemingly is the only reason that your personal financial circumstances became considerable factors: and the fact that you tried to support your application with your mom's bank statement also suggests that you were using the wrong method to apply for EEA permit.
Dear, that application was a total mess, and i don't think it is reasonable to appeal it...
If you don't mind, i would suggest that you to respond to this post by providing answers, and also explain your TRUE circumstance so we may be able to assist you in your next application.
Cheers

Peacock23:
I've being to uk severally,did my masters in uk too,got married late 2012,last year in the uk,I put in for eu residence card,at d long run,my passport got missing in the home office and my aplication was denied.I came back to nigeria,applied for a eea family permit,to stay with my husband,when I got the refusal yesterday,going through it and also reading that they tried to ring his workplace,no one picked is a lie,I don't need my husband to send me money because he's saving up me and am more than well taken care of at home.when I got back my documents,my husbands payslips,letter of employment and tenancy agreement was not returned back,I still have a valid two year visiting visa,just my passport that got missing in d home office.so. Pls vicjustice,how do I go about this,appeal or reapply,I need help
Remember that telephone calls to a vast number of work place do not get answer in first attempt, (especially if the establishment is government owned), so it is highly likely that the embassy actually rang your husband's work-place.
Yes, you may seem to be financially sound and might not need money from your husband, but you need to proove this to the visa officer (not by word, but by documentation): your mother's bank statement is not supposed to have anything to do with this sort of application which is EEA Family Member Permit, it is supposed to be either you or your husband who should be financially responsible for the application, you can only meet the requirements by this.
Now that you do not currently have a job nor do you have the required amount of (source verifiable) money, you therefore need your husband to meet the requirement... In a nutshell he is required to be earning (in almost all cases) a guaranteed annual income of at least £18,600 or savings of over £62,500 (not certain of the figures).
It is very important to be able to demonstrate that you are in good communication and correspondence with your husband otherwise, it may be seen that your marriage was a desperate measure to have a UK permanent residence permit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:02am On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23: Help Hello,I was refused eea family permit today,the reason for the refusal was that[b] they called my husbands place of work all to no avail,so they don't believe he works there or earns the income he said he claims. It was also stated that as such they are not sure he's residing in the United Kingdom. It was also stated that I am umemployed(which I am)and I didn't state how am being supported in nigeria,saving,lands or property and that no evidence of my husband sending me money[/b]. I don't need my husband to send me money cos I get money from my mom every month,so it wasn't necessary for my husband to send me money and I also put in my mom bank statement,when processing the application,I have the right of appeal,but I don't know if it's to appeal or re apply or simply do both.thanks

Before you reapply or appeal you need to have heart-to-heart chat with your husband to ascertain his situation because that will really help your next step.
Find out first if he still work with that company and live in the UK permanently or his travels to other EU countries for business etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2014
Vicjustice:
Well, these are the points raised by the Visa Officer, but you can't get a meaningful advice if you don't narrate your own side of the story.
What can you say about your husband's non-operative work-place telephone number?
What did you state is your purpose of applying for the EEA family permit, to temporarily visit your husband or to migrate (to join him)?
It seems you stated that you intended to VISIT him, this seemingly is the only reason that your personal financial circumstances became considerable factors: and the fact that you tried to support your application with your mom's bank statement also suggests that you were using the wrong method to apply for EEA permit.
Dear, that application was a total mess, and i don't think it is reasonable to appeal it...
If you don't mind, i would suggest that you to respond to this post by providing answers, and also explain your TRUE circumstance so we may be able to assist you in your next application.
Cheers

Remember that telephone calls to a vast number of work place do not get answer in first attempt, (especially if the establishment is government owned), so it is highly likely that the embassy actually rang your husband's work-place.
Yes, you may seem to be financially sound and might not need money from your husband, but you need to proove this to the visa officer (not by word, but by documentation): your mother's bank statement is not supposed to have anything to do with this sort of application which is EEA Family Member Permit, it is supposed to be either you or your husband who should be financially responsible for the application, you can only meet the requirements by this.
Now that you do not currently have a job nor do you have the required amount of (source verifiable) money, you therefore need your husband to meet the requirement... In a nutshell he is required to be earning (in almost all cases) a guaranteed annual income of at least £18,600 or savings of over £62,500 (not certain of the figures).
It is very important to be able to demonstrate that you are in good communication and correspondence with your husband otherwise, it may be seen that your marriage was a desperate measure to have a UK permanent residence permit
Than you very much vicjustice,applying for eea family permit does not have any earnings,yes he does work at the company,because yesterday I spoke to the manager of the company,and I do not really understand how they would say they called and no one picked,I. Put our call records and everything in the application which they didn't question,and the manager told my husband he's ready to write a letter detailing he works there and he's ready to put his mobile number apart from the office landline.thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 11:32am On Aug 12, 2014
I hail all the gurus in d building... 3sha4lyf, Vicjustice , etc... I am happy to inform u hav received my package and it was successful.... Thank U , thanx God...

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by peace009: 11:35am On Aug 12, 2014
Pls i need help.. I have a friend who is a British citizen but she's in Nigeria and don't know how to go about it to claim her british passport. She got the Birth Certificate with her but the mom and the dad have divorced. so she's presently living with her mom in Nigeria but don't have contact with her dad anymore. Pls i need advise on how to go about it. Thanksssssssssssss God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 11:44am On Aug 12, 2014
justwise:

Before you reapply or appeal you need to have heart-to-heart chat with your husband to ascertain his situation because that will really help your next step.
Find out first if he still work with that company and live in the UK permanently or his travels to other EU countries for business etc.

@justwise thanks,he still works in the company as I spoke to his manager yesterday,he hasn't even travelled out of the country. Yet,as he awaits me to. Come,so am certain he's there,I order stuffs online and he. Tells me its delivered so I don't know again,as am totally confused
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 12:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
peace009: I hail all the gurus in d building... 3sha4lyf, Vicjustice , etc... I am happy to inform u hav received my package and it was successful.... Thank U , thanx God...
Congrats. Pls did u put in for 5yrs? Did u have to explain why you spent weeks in the uk on previous visits, etc. Share yr ordeal pls. Congrats once more.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
@justwise thanks,he still works in the company as I spoke to his manager yesterday,he hasn't even travelled out of the country. Yet,as he awaits me to. Come,so am certain he's there,I order stuffs online and he. Tells me its delivered so I don't know again,as am totally confused

Ok,...just out of curiosity....is this company own by an Asian or African?

If he can get a letter from the company to support his claim then that will help as well

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 1:23pm On Aug 12, 2014
justwise:

If he can get a letter from the company to support his claim then that will help as well
Its owned by a african. Man,but not nigerian
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:36pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
Than you very much vicjustice,applying for eea family permit does not have any earnings,yes he does work at the company,because yesterday I spoke to the manager of the company,and I do not really understand how they would say they called and no one picked,I. Put our call records and everything in the application which they didn't question,and the manager told my husband he's ready to write a letter detailing he works there and he's ready to put his mobile number apart from the office landline.thank you so much
Out of curiosity, why did you have to call his workplace (manager) when you can get the information from himself, or is it the case that you don't have a real knowledge about your spouse's activities?
By the way, what did you mean by the highlighted phrase?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
Its owned by a african. Man,but not nigerian

i thought as much, that was why they questioned his salary and whether he still work there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2014
justwise:

Man, you really saw what I saw: it shows that you are really into the system, only those in the system would understand (from her story) that her husband works for either an Asian or an African employer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2014
Vicjustice:
Out of curiosity, why did you have to call his workplace (manager) when you can get the information from himself, or is it the case that you don't have a real knowledge about your spouse's activities?
By the way, what did you mean by the highlighted phrase?
I didn't call his workplace,when I told my husband about the, refusal,he went to his manager to make a complaint,my husband called me where his manager was,and he asked to me to me,what I meant about eea family permit unlike british spouse where ones spouse has to earn a threshold,its not the case for eea family permit,that's what I meant.thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
justwise:

i thought as much, that was why they questioned his salary and whether he still work there.
When I was on student visa,I worked at peacocks kilburn,and my manager was a nigerian woman,does that mean,pls enlighten me more,as am more confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:47pm On Aug 12, 2014
Vicjustice:
Man, you really saw what I saw: it shows that you are really into the system, only those in the system would understand (from her story) that her husband works for either an Asian or an African employer

Oh well... can't really say much so as not to get my knickers in a twist.....but you get where i'm coming from though.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
When I was on student visa,I worked at peacocks kilburn,and my manager was a nigerian woman,does that mean,pls enlighten me more,as am more confused.

Not really.....but...ok let me get this right 1st....is your hubby a British citizen or got his EU paper from another EU country then moved to the UK where you met him?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 1:57pm On Aug 12, 2014
justwise:

Not really.....but...ok let me get this right 1st....is your hubby a British citizen or got his EU paper from another EU country then moved to the UK where you met him?
My husband is a EU citizen,born and bred in spain,he's moved to the uk in 2009,and I met him in the uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
My husband is a EU citizen,born and bred in spain,he's moved to the uk in 2009,and I met him in the uk

Ok, it will be a lot easier for him to move back to Spain and invite you over to Spain then you can move to the UK together with your paper.

Personally i don't think the employment and the salary is as stated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 2:13pm On Aug 12, 2014
justwise:

Ok, it will be a lot easier for him to move back to Spain and invite you over to Spain then you can move to the UK together with your paper.

Personally i don't think the employment and the salary is as stated.
So I should forgo the appeal and tell him to move back to spain
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:19pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
So I should forgo the appeal and tell him to move back to spain

This is a conversation you need to have with him and come up with a decision. Appeal takes at least 4 months and very frustrating waiting time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Peacock23: 2:24pm On Aug 12, 2014
justwise:

This is a conversation you need to have with him and come up with a decision. Appeal takes at least 4 months and very frustrating waiting time.
Thank you so much,you have being of great help,which ever way I decide to go,I would inform you.God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 2:26pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
Thank you so much,you have being of great help,which ever way I decide to go,I would inform you.God bless you

All the very best of luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Peacock23:
I didn't call his workplace,when I told my husband about the, refusal,he went to his manager to make a complaint,my husband called me where his manager was,and he asked to me to me,what I meant about eea family permit unlike british spouse where ones spouse has to earn a threshold,its not the case for eea family permit,that's what I meant.thanks
Now, you are shedding more details to the information.
I thought you were wrongly using the word EEA because, I imagined your spouse to be a UK citizen.
You actually missed a golden opportunity while you were in the UK, but now, it is going to be an uphill struggle.
Yes, it is your best choice to go to Spain: and from there, you can apply for the EU treaty rights visa to move to the UK. This visa is issued free of charge with no much requirements: but you would first need to hold a Spanish residence permit this would depend on the eligibility of your husband as he does not currently reside in Spain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.