Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,678 members, 7,921,453 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:26 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (218) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (993099 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temmytanny(m): 5:03am On Aug 22, 2014
ifegy:

You might want to give her year of birth. The citizenship law did change in the early '80s, so depending on her year of birth, she may/may not be eligible.
she was born in 1988
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ifegy: 5:44am On Aug 22, 2014
temmytanny: she was born in 1988

And I'm guessing neither of her parents were British citizens or settled there at that time? If so, unfortunately, she's not eligible and will most likely need the appropriate visa for her purposes- study, visit, etc.
You can read here for more detailed info: https://www.gov.uk/register-british-citizen/overview
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 8:32am On Aug 22, 2014
adesolami36: Am new on dis thread,pls I was abt filling my online application and I saw dis msg 'When making an online payment in Nigeria, if you are using a Naira visa/ verve/ master card you may need a pre-authorisation code from your bank to make the payment for the visa in USD. Please contact your bank as this may take up to 5 working days'....pls does dis means I av to go to my bank and collect d code before I can pay d visa fee or can I just pay with my master card...pls throw some light on dis issue

Bros I would suggest u use "Paga payment system" it's one of the listed payment options, I used it n it worked effectively. Those cards were giving me issues. Simply register @ paga.com and fund your account with N25k if it tourist visa. Then after u ve confirmed deposit, go 2 ur application form, complete it n choose Paga. Login and pay through em.
Success!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:47am On Aug 22, 2014
temmytanny: she was born in 1988

Mum or Daddy a British citizen or ILR holder?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 9:57am On Aug 22, 2014
gaskinachi: Hello house,

Got this email on Thursday afternoon ' Your visa has now been processed and is ready for collection.We aim to return passports to the Visa Application Centre where you lodged your application within 2 working days. '

1.Is this good or bad?
2. Is it okay to go by tomorrow mornin? Dunno if two working days av elapsed
How soon did u go? Got this message yesterday! Can I go 2day?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TeamclicksAir: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2014
Chrizizon: Oh really?
yup
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by TeamclicksAir: 10:13am On Aug 22, 2014
Chrizizon: Oh really?
yup...i think its cos there system doesnt sync fast with the airline so while the price must have gone up they werent updated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by SashaPride: 11:04am On Aug 22, 2014
justwise:

List of places to visit in the UK?

He should use the blank space in the form to explain the huge sum of money inherited from his mother else it will be seen as money lodgement

Plan to visit Buckingham Palace, London Eye, Hyde Park, The Shard, Sea Life London Aquarium, Tower Bridge, Churchill War Rooms, London Zoo, Big Ben, House of Parliament, Tower of London, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey, Madame Tussaud, Kidzmania, London Bus tour and Thames Boat Cruise. our hotel is in Westminster to get to places easily. He did that in the additional info box. So we wait and see.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by LadyWolfe: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2014
Reapplied for self and spouse (we were previously denied on intent to remain and source of funds in account).

So now we wait and see.

Meanwhile, this Teleperformance tracking page is not working o; its showing status of the previous application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by khadeb: 12:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
I book for an appointment 2day and was booked for the 29th of august, is d appointment date also d interview day and am I submitting my application on d appointment date?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
TeamclicksAir:
yup...i think its cos there system doesnt sync fast with the airline so while the price must have gone up they werent updated.

Tanx a lot .. I hv sorted everything out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by temmytanny(m): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
justwise:

Mum or Daddy a British citizen or ILR holder?
my mom just went on a visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 5:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
temmytanny: my mom just went on a visit

So basically your mum or daddy are not British citizens or ILR holder then?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by gaskinachi(m): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
esosa4real:
How soon did u go? Got this message yesterday! Can I go 2day?

sorry for the late response...go by tuesday mornin ard 10 am. see u in london wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
sure everyone is good!... am new on here and wud be glad if y'all can be nice wit your response... how long does it take to process uk tourist visa.. i once applied lastyear oct and was refused on a flimsy excuses...i just reapplied lastweek wednesday and i got a mail that my 'processed visa application is ready for collection.. so scared right now cos everything seems too fast... cos an agent told me reapply application after refusal takes more time than first timer...... cud it be.................? *CONFUSED*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
[quote author=gaskinachi]

does the format of the mail determines the feedback? it seems we got different mails
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
gaskinachi:

sorry for the late response...go by tuesday mornin ard 10 am. see u in london wink
does the format of the mail determines the feedback?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2014
honeyoluwatoyin: sure everyone is good!... am new on here and wud be glad if y'all can be nice wit your response... how long does it take to process uk tourist visa.. i once applied lastyear oct and was refused on a flimsy excuses...i just reapplied lastweek wednesday and i got a mail that my 'processed visa application is ready for collection.. so scared right now cos everything seems too fast... cos an agent told me reapply application after refusal takes more time than first timer...... cud it be.................? *CONFUSED*

I got similar mail after 7 days..It could be successful. .u cannot tell..no one can tell u either whether it will be.. I applied recently for d first time n in just 7 days after including weekend my application was done n it was successful..contrary to what they told me at vfs abuja when I submitted my application that I shud be expecting feedback after 15 days as a 1st timer..they were wrong..it was out only after 7 days. I am sure visa application processing time has to do with d number of applications received by BHC n some other factors I don't know..more applications takes more time to process n vice versa. .I dont know for sure though ..just my tots
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by honeyoluwatoyin: 10:48am On Aug 23, 2014
Chrizizon:

I got similar mail after 7 days..It could be successful. .u cannot tell..no one can tell u either whether it will be.. I applied recently for d first time n in just 7 days after including weekend my application was done n it was successful..contrary to what they told me at vfs abuja when I submitted my application that I shud be expecting feedback after 15 days as a 1st timer..they were wrong..it was out only after 7 days. I am sure visa application processing time has to do with d number of applications received by BHC n some other factors I don't know..more applications takes more time to process n vice versa. .I dont know for sure though ..just my tots

i've been on nairaland since lastnight..read different challenges, responses and outcomes...i wish had been on nairaland a long time, maybe i wouldnt have been refused the first time... and again how come some people get direct message from the embassy on the visa approval status? what makes them different?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
Chrizizon:
I got similar mail after 7 days..It could be successful. .u cannot tell..no one can tell u either whether it will be.. I applied recently for d first time n in just 7 days after including weekend my application was done n it was successful.. contrary to what they told me at vfs abuja when I submitted my application that I shud be expecting feedback after 15 days as a 1st timer..they were wrong..it was out only after 7 days . I am sure visa application processing time has to do with d number of applications received by BHC n some other factors I don't know..more applications takes more time to process n vice versa. .I dont know for sure though ..just my tots

No they were not wrong... There's a business practice like "under-promise and over-deliver". In this case, they gave an estimate of 15 [working] days and processed it within 7 days so that in your head, you'll tick them as "very fast and effective", and if it takes up to the 15 days, you'll not think of them any less effective.

Some applications really do take up to 15 days and even more. My first application, was told 15 days, after 15 days with no feedback from them, I assumed they meant 15 working days... Even at that, it took 6 months for them to process my visa (trust me, it wasn't funny). On the sixth month, they called me to the embassy then on Walter carrington lagos and my visa vignette was printed there and then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by deruboy: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hello naairalanders, please we need ur adviice here. I want to go ffor a wedding iin uk and i av gotten an invittation leter from my friend and all necessary docvumentss o indicate that he iis spoonsoring me.. Pls wot Documents do i need to submite cos am unemployed at Present and dt My main ffear.
I will aappreciatte ur fdbk. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Danito2(m): 10:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
Bros,Yeah have got all the list of the requirements of the visa u posted.i got the invitation from my uk sponser very good letter and also passport page proving shes citizen..buh she hasnt sent me her tenancy agreement or any utility bills,buh she said i should send the two of them only its enough.guys what do u think guys,is the invitation letter and the passport biodata page enough for me to add my supporting documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 1:20am On Aug 24, 2014
Hey Nairalanders,i got an email embassy on Thursday, went to VAC @ Ikeja on friday and yippie I got my VISA! (Took 7 days).....didnt even wait 4 text notification!

I wanna holla 3 GBOZAS for @Justwise @3sha4lyf, and d baba ijebu himself @VICjustice. You guyz are da bomb! You have no idea what u guys did for me!
Forget say doctor levels, with your guidance n answers I did the right thing!

Thanks to oda nairalanders @peace @chirizon n co....Jahbless, I would come back to give some key points n comments.
For now I conclude by quoting @3sha4lyf, Every application is uniquely treated in its own way......Lastly, f**k agents, u can do it all, jux do the right thing, all info is here!
One Love

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 4:15am On Aug 24, 2014
khadeb: I book for an appointment 2day and was booked for the 29th of august, is d appointment date also d interview day and am I submitting my application on d appointment date?

No interview is conducted..only ur biometric (photo and finger prints) will be taken at the VAC when u submit ur application..documents submitted by u to support ur application will help the VO decide whether to issue a visa to u or not..and yes, u are to submit ur application on d date u were booked for
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Chrizizon: 4:38am On Aug 24, 2014
esosa4real: Hey Nairalanders,i got an email embassy on Thursday, went to VAC @ Ikeja on friday and yippie I got my VISA! (Took 7 days).....didnt even wait 4 text notification!

I wanna holla 3 GBOZAS for @Justwise @3sha4lyf, and d baba ijebu himself @VICjustice. You guyz are da bomb! You have no idea what u guys did for me!

Thanks to oda nairalanders @peace @chirizon n co....Jahbless, I would come back to give some key points n comments.
For now I conclude by quoting @3sha4lyf, Every application is uniquely treated in its own way......Lastly, f**k agents, u can do it all, jux do the right thing, all info is here!
One Love

Congrats to u...

Bros if everyone could come here for visa related issues..all those visa agents would become conductors he he
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 7:16am On Aug 24, 2014
esosa4real: Hey Nairalanders,i got an email embassy on Thursday, went to VAC @ Ikeja on friday and yippie I got my VISA! (Took 7 days)..... didnt even wait 4 text notification!

One Love

Congrats, very awesome. Can't stress it enough. Truly, every individual application is treated In its own merits. Eg, not being in the employment for up to one year didn't disqualify your application.

Enjoy your conference oh. smiley

And as for the SMS, I wonder why people still pay [is it] 400 quids for that VFS SMS when the embassy actually sends you a FREE notification email when they finish processing your visa and you can just go to VFS after 3-5 days of receiving the mail and collect your passport. It's crazy, the fees, that is. That's about 100% of regular naija local SMS rates right?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by fikki1: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2014
Goodmorning,
Am dele, actually am kinda new somehow, please can anyone help to tell me my chance of gettin a visa(uk)... I am an IT stdnt in chevron...my dad nd step mum r already citizens there...I got letter of invitation frm both...wit my dad statement of account nd while in my own part, I put my letter of employment, my IT ltter frm school nd also my statement of account on how my salary has been paid...but. Failed to put my work ID card...pls can it affect my application...I submitted on friday...pls is there any hope or chance for me to get a visa...hv nt been ok since friday...pls help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 11:18am On Aug 24, 2014
fikki1: Goodmorning,
Am dele, actually am kinda new somehow, please can anyone help to tell me my chance of gettin a visa(uk)... I am an IT stdnt in chevron...my dad nd step mum r already citizens there...I got letter of invitation frm both...wit my dad statement of account nd while in my own part, I put my letter of employment, my IT ltter frm school nd also my statement of account on how my salary has been paid...but. Failed to put my work ID card...pls can it affect my application...I submitted on friday...pls is there any hope or chance for me to get a visa...hv nt been ok since friday...pls help

I think it's impossible for anyone here to ascertain if you'll be granted a visa or not. Recent findings have shown that what one considers to be a reason for refusal I'd usually overlooked by the ECOs especially if other bonafide documents submitted can throw more light on the applicants intentions, such that the omitted document[s] become insignificant to make a decision.

In essence, you should be more concerned bout the documents you submitted. Not sure ECO will refuse you on grounds that you failed to submit ur work id.

Trust me, right now, you don't want any1 that will tell you "it's gonna be denied" and den you get it n tag that person as prophet of doom. Lol. To the best of my knowledge, there's no ECO on this forum do you can either keep calm and positively await the visa response, or you pump in ur efforts to worry so much bout something you have little or no control over.

HTH

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by esosa4real(m): 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2014
Again kudos to @justwise, @3sha4lyf n co,, u have no idea how much info u provided free will. I already had an application buh when I visited this thread eh, I discarded that one and started afresh. @3sha4lyf I went to d vac the next day after I received email! Na today text come dey show, wen I don collect my passport....lol.
Like I saw on this thread, it's confirmed Ikeja n abuja takes a shorter time for visa processing. My visa was actually processed in 5days! VI's Teleperformance is crap 4 now!

Please to all uk first timers and fresh applicants, don't be discouraged by lies, deciet n agents! pls note the below comments.
1. Go through the comprehensive documents guidelines, make sure you have them.
2.Go through this thread thoroughly b4 u ask questions, the search button mite jux alleviate ur curiosity!
3. Make sure u fill the correct info in all honesty, if u have being denied b4, please state it and include it if it's an E-passport. (I v being denied Canada last yr).
4. Never use forged documents, I.e docs dat ve being edited offline. Even if you want to play on their intelligence, let it be legit.
5. You stand a better chance if u r employed either under someone or selfemployed. If it's ur biz u wud need a TCC! But if ur employer provides pay slips showing tax deductions, then it's okay.
Please note that it's not compulsory to be employed up to a year!
6. If u plan to attend a conference or event, ve a letter of invitation and pay for conf with proof receipt printed and added as part of your docs
7. Whether visiting tourist places or attending a conf/event, make sure ur hotel is in close proximity! Same city!
8. Be careful of Huge lodgement. Even if you attempt to lodge a huge sum in between ur monthly salaries like N500,000, be prepared to explain it, don't assume they won't see it, they wud jux refuse u wif ease.
9. Most importantly, like I was advised here, I recommend a separate typed additional letter addressed to the Entry clearance officer explaining such lodgement (in my case I told them it was from monthly friends contributions, and I was paid! Its left to God 2 judge wether na true or lie) sha have a convincing explanation!
Also in that Letter, I explained in a tabular form all deposits that entered my acc!
10. The page stating incomes n how much u plan 2 spend and all dat money talk page is very important! Fill it up having a regular british state of mind and at the same time working em out based on your account balance.

For now this is all I ve 2 say, wud be ready for any questions/comments! The ones I am not sure about, the Gurus r here!
Love Nairaland!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by 3sha4lyf: 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2014
esosa4real: Again kudos to @justwise, @3sha4lyf n co,, u have no idea how much info u provided free will. I already had an application buh when I visited this thread eh, I discarded that one and started afresh. @3sha4lyf I went to d vac the next day after I received email! Na today text come dey show, wen I don collect my passport....lol.
Like I saw on this thread, it's confirmed Ikeja n abuja takes a shorter time for visa processing. My visa was actually processed in 5days! VI's Teleperformance is crap 4 now!

Please to all uk first timers and fresh applicants, don't be discouraged by lies, deciet n agents! pls note the below comments.
1. Go through the comprehensive documents guidelines, make sure you have them.
2.Go through this thread thoroughly b4 u ask questions, the search button mite jux alleviate ur curiosity!
3. Make sure u fill the correct info in all honesty, if u have being denied b4, please state it and include it if it's an E-passport. (I v being denied Canada last yr).
4. Never use forged documents, I.e docs dat ve being edited offline. Even if you want to play on their intelligence, let it be legit.
5. You stand a better chance if u r employed either under someone or selfemployed. If it's ur biz u wud need a TCC! But if ur employer provides pay slips showing tax deductions, then it's okay.
Please note that it's not compulsory to be employed up to a year!
6. If u plan to attend a conference or event, ve a letter of invitation and pay for conf with proof receipt printed and added as part of your docs
7. Whether visiting tourist places or attending a conf/event, make sure ur hotel is in close proximity! Same city!
8. Be careful of Huge lodgement. Even if you attempt to lodge a huge sum in between ur monthly salaries like N500,000, be prepared to explain it, don't assume they won't see it, they wud jux refuse u wif ease.
9. Most importantly, like I was advised here, I recommend a separate typed additional letter addressed to the Entry clearance officer explaining such lodgement (in my case I told them it was from monthly friends contributions, and I was paid! Its left to God 2 judge wether na true or lie) sha have a convincing explanation!
Also in that Letter, I explained in a tabular form all deposits that entered my acc!
10. The page stating incomes n how much u plan 2 spend and all dat money talk page is very important! Fill it up having a regular british state of mind and at the same time working em out based on your account balance.

For now this is all I ve 2 say, wud be ready for any questions/comments! The ones I am not sure about, the Gurus r here!
Love Nairaland!

Well said, but with or without TCC, you may be given or refused a visit visa. Their criteria differs according to the applicant's situation. I'm sure Chrizizon didn't tender a TCC and he got his thingy. Also know someone who got his as well without TCC. The thing is if you provide sufficient docs, it can help.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ProdulyYoruba: 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2014
Hello Everyone,

I need your candid and professional advice on the best way to go about my visa application.

Below is my circumstance:

My fiancee, back then, was granted UK ILR which she got by the virtue of her dad's Citizenship
and migrated in Sept. 2013.

They both came home a few months ago for our wedding and stayed back for about 2 months but have since left for the UK.
Meanwhile, we did not register the wedding at the time because of the fear of it affecting my visa application because she
is not currently earning the 18,600 pounds that would enable me to apply for Marriage visa. The plan is to register our wedding
when i eventually get to the UK.

She still lives with him over there - in a two bedroom apartment - and currently studies Nursing but works part-time as a Social Health Worker.

In addition, she is pregnant and we are expecting our first child.

As for me, i work in Lagos and i earn =N=1,560,000/annum after tax.

I plan to relocate to the UK to join her next year and i'm at a cross road as to the type of visa i can apply for
that will give me the privilege to register our marriage over there and also get work permit.

Please help me out.

(1) (2) (3) ... (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.