Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,400 members, 7,971,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 10:14 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998149 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:22pm On Jan 27, 2013
@babybird82

Waleabimbola is right with the answer and the link he provided for question number 5.15
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Jan 27, 2013
Waleabimbola:

Well the answer to your question 5.15 is pound sterling
Answer to question 5.19 is the total sum of the money you plan to spend on this trip including ticket, feeding,transportation in the uk, hotel bill and make sure you put 100k extra as miscellaneous....
Make sure you list it in that blank page they will give you in part 9 where they wrote any additional information
Pl
Just say REFER TO QUESTION 5.19 ,then make sure you list those amount there, don't forget to include miscellaneous please...
If you are in ibadan you can contact me or we can fill the form together on phone..I wish you best of luck

We practice open policy here, no need for..contact me...for this or that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 10:32pm On Jan 27, 2013
justwise:

@justwise, your advice is noted bro but I mean no harm,I was just trying to respect her privacy..have a great evening
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thegame(m): 11:49pm On Jan 27, 2013
justwise:

Open policy or not, I think this visa issue is too delicate to mind getting extra help. No amount of help is too small or much. Everyone is doing a great job by the way.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thegame(m): 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2013
This is going to be tedious but I'm going to try my best to spill it out anyway.
I already mentioned this earlier about trying to travel to uk just to visit my mom's uncle. I'm not desperate but I want to see the outside world. I don't have a daytime job as I'm currently serving and I will be done in 3weeks(pointing to someone that referred me to the "main reasons visas r denied" page) but I have a successful partnership business with my mom. Money comes in when jobs are done and I believe everyone with the knowledge of how contracts work would understand.
Now please people, what documents should I make sure my uncle send in order to secure a visa and how do I convince the visa officer that I'm not a threat whatsoever and I'm going to return. This is my first time applying for a visit visa and I need experienced nairalanders, I'm 24 years old. Thanks very much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 12:01am On Jan 28, 2013
thegame: This is going to be tedious but I'm going to try my best to spill it out anyway.
I already mentioned this earlier about trying to travel to uk just to visit my mom's uncle. I'm not desperate but I want to see the outside world. I don't have a daytime job as I'm currently serving and I will be done in 3weeks(pointing to someone that referred me to the "main reasons visas r denied" page) but I have a successful partnership business with my mom. Money comes in when jobs are done and I believe everyone with the knowledge of how contracts work would understand.
Now please people, what documents should I make sure my uncle send in order to secure a visa and how do I convince the visa officer that I'm not a threat whatsoever and I'm going to return. This is my first time applying for a visit visa and I need experienced nairalanders, I'm 24 years old. Thanks very much.

Do you have a registered company ?if you do, then it will really help your application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thegame(m): 1:12am On Jan 28, 2013
Waleabimbola:

Do you have a registered company ?if you do, then it will really help your application
Its a registered business name and she and i are the principal owners. I hope this was what u meant?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 7:31am On Jan 28, 2013
thegame:
Its a registered business name and she and i are the principal owners. I hope this was what u meant?

Good to know you have registered company, make sure you put the company certificate in your application and most importantly article of memorandum of the company,that where your name is written as a director.certificate alone wouldn't let them know you are a director unless you include the article of emorandum
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by thegame(m): 1:20pm On Jan 28, 2013
Waleabimbola:

Good to know you have registered company, make sure you put the company certificate in your application and most importantly article of memorandum of the company,that where your name is written as a director.certificate alone wouldn't let them know you are a director unless you include the article of emorandum
Thanks. How about statement of account and sponsorship? Would I be good to go with the company's current account or I would need to include my personal savings account? And do I have to specify myself as the sponsor, my mom or the company? Thnks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ralph2: 2:28pm On Jan 28, 2013
is it possible for me to be granted family visit visa with my bank loan to finance the trip,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Crosser005: 10:00pm On Jan 28, 2013
I submitted my visa application to the consulate in NY about a week ago. I tracked the package on usps and apparently it arrived, but I have not gotten any email notice from the office confirming that they have received it. Does anyone know if they are still notifying applicants via email? Should I be worried? My two-week deadline for submission is this Friday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamalolu: 6:49am On Jan 29, 2013
Hw many working days those it take to have a visiting uk visa nw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 9:41am On Jan 29, 2013
Hi Guys. I have a question.
I left the Uk in November, after finishing my master's there, in July. I didn't return to Nigeria, instead i came straight to the US on a tourist visa. i'm planning to visit the UK for a short while. what are my chances of gettin a visiting visa from here? Also, is there a specific period of time that a specific amount of money (large sum or not) should be in my account, before i print out a statement and apply?
I appreciate your responses.

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tamica8: 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2013
Chief..I was interviewed last week and i got my VISA today !!! Thanks BOSS smiley)
justwise:
[/b]

That will be a reasonable thing to say, it will also show that you are not desperate to leave Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tamica8: 5:27pm On Jan 29, 2013
15 working days..but some cases like mine was 30days (1month)
mamalolu: Hw many working days those it take to have a visiting uk visa nw
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mamalolu: 6:47pm On Jan 29, 2013
When did u apply 4 ur own visa.
tamica8: 15 working days..but some cases like mine was 30days (1month)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
tamica8: Chief..I was interviewed last week and i got my VISA today !!! Thanks BOSS smiley)

Congratulations
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Jan 29, 2013
ralph2: is it possible for me to be granted family visit visa[b] with my bank loan [/b]to finance the trip,

That will be a hard one, taking loan for travel? Really tough one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2013
letsgohome: Hi Guys. I have a question.
I left the Uk in November, after finishing my master's there, in July. I didn't return to Nigeria, instead i came straight to the US on a tourist visa. i'm planning to visit the UK for a short while. what are my chances of gettin a visiting visa from here? Also, is there a specific period of time that a specific amount of money (large sum or not) should be in my account, before i print out a statement and apply?

Thank you

You just have to apply and wait for the out come, nobody can tell you for a certain that you will be given a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Waleabimbola(m): 7:42pm On Jan 29, 2013
letsgohome: Hi Guys. I have a question.

Thank you

Well because you are on a tourist visa,you are not qualify to apply for any visa from usa..you need to have a residence of a country before you can apply for any visa from that country.
It's written boldly on internet bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 7:50pm On Jan 29, 2013
Thanks Waleabimbola. Well, I checked and it's written boldly that you can apply for a visiting visa from any country, not necessarily your home country. A representative from the embassy confirmed that too.

Waleabimbola:

Well because you are on a tourist visa,you are not qualify to apply for any visa from usa..you need to have a residence of a country before you can apply for any visa from that country.
It's written boldly on internet bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by letsgohome: 7:52pm On Jan 29, 2013
Thanks @Justwise. I'll do that.
justwise:

You just have to apply and wait for the out come, nobody can tell you for a certain that you will be given a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by tamica8: 9:02pm On Jan 29, 2013
29/12/12
mamalolu: When did u apply 4 ur own visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by influential01: 3:24am On Jan 30, 2013
@justwise, I was employ to a printing firm as a production asistant manager last year March and I earn six digit as monthly salary. Ve been able to save 800k in my acct.I wsh to visit uk bt I don't knw step to take.most important thing is that I don't know anyone in uk that can send me invitation letter. Pls I need your advice on steps I ll take on it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Mike30890: 10:47am On Jan 30, 2013
Hello justice
I reAlly need you guys your help badly
I have applied for a uk visa 3times and it was unsuccessful the first two was tourist visa but with the 3rd application I changed the category into family visit but with the 3rd application refusal they referred me to the 2nd application with me stating I had no relatives in the uk but how come now I get relations in the uk and so they are not certain I'm a general visitor who WIL want to leave the uk after my period of visit

Please I need you guys to tell me how I can clear the air waves with such a problem because first I said I had no relations or family so how come I have now I need you guys your help and will it be possible to apply soon or wait for some months due to the reason that I have applied continuously 3times to no avail please help me guys thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:57am On Jan 30, 2013
influential01: @justwise, I was employ to a printing firm as a production asistant manager last year March and I earn six digit as monthly salary. Ve been able to save 800k in my acct.I wsh to visit uk bt I don't knw step to take.most important thing is that I don't know anyone in uk that can send me invitation letter. Pls I need your advice on steps I ll take on it.
It is not a requirement to get invitation letter, you only need to provide your accommodation details, you can book a hotel.
Note, the amount that you saved is not more important than the frequency of your income and the consistency of your bank statement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:03am On Jan 30, 2013
Mike30890: Hello justice
I reAlly need you guys your help badly
I have applied for a uk visa 3times and it was unsuccessful the first two was tourist visa but with the 3rd application I changed the category into family visit but with the 3rd application refusal they referred me to the 2nd application with me stating I had no relatives in the uk but how come now I get relations in the uk and so they are not certain I'm a general visitor who WIL want to leave the uk after my period of visit

Please I need you guys to tell me how I can clear the air waves with such a problem because first I said I had no relations or family so how come I have now I need you guys your help and will it be possible to apply soon or wait for some months due to the reason that I have applied continuously 3times to no avail please help me guys thank you
I need you to give a honest answer to the below question, answering it honestly will save you a whole lot.
Now, did you do anything to try to convince the Visa Officer that you have a relative in the UK, if so, what exactly did you do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 1:01pm On Jan 30, 2013
I was refused based on this Paragraph 41(I) n(ii) of HC 395. House pls help me out what does this mean. How can I go about this? Your Applicatio. You have applied 4 an entry clearance 2 visit d united kingdom 4 21days.I av considered ur application unda paragraph 41 of d united kingdom Immigratn rules.You cn read these rules at:www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/
The decision
You state dat u ar a student at latos computer professional institute.u av provided a letter frm dis institute
Dated 20/07/2012. U av nt provide any evidence of hw u ar supported on a daily basis,U av dere 4 failed 2 provide sufficient evidence in respect of ur own personal,social n financial situatn in nig. Pls house help I wanted to re-apply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 1:04pm On Jan 30, 2013
Your Applicatio. You have applied 4 an entry clearance 2 visit d united kingdom 4 21days.I av considered ur application unda paragraph 41 of d united kingdom Immigratn rules.You cn read these rules at:www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/
The decision
You state dat u ar a student at latos computer proffessional institute.u av provided a letter frm dis institute
Dated 20/07/2012
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jidebobo: 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2013
U av nt provide any evidence of hw u ar supported on a daily basis,U av dere 4 failed 2 provide sufficient evidence in respect of ur own personal,social n financial situatn in nig.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.