Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,005 members, 7,890,293 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 12:15 PM

Travelling To Canada-part2 - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada-part2 (212875 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
Naija Sexy, thanks for coming on board.

I don't know how bend my way out of this problem--finance.

I wish to do a post graduate diploma in Canada. I know I could manage to pay the tuition fee and application fee but I don't have a sponsor with the huge $20k in bank. I spoke to my half brother who is based in the US as a medical doctor but he does not want to help(am almost hating this guy).

I spoke to an Uncle who suggest that I go in through a conference and stay after the conference. I had to call newacca last nite to seek his advice concerning what my uncle said and his words were that I will have a difficult time to get a residence or work permit if I do it.

I am currently doing a HND in Petroleum Engineering at PTI and I would grad this year. The situation of things in my family (and being the only graduate) has prompt me to look for a way to leave Naija. I get over 20 email alerts every week from Canada oil and gas sector and that is a potential for me.

Is there any suggestion for some one in my shoes, naija sexy?
Please, help me here and may God bless you in return.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by caryoday(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2012
@ all

is this d person to direct or address a letter to when writing the the Canadian embassy?

The Visa Officer,
Canadian Deputy High Commission,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island,
Lagos.
pls, ur reply is urgently needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by princesyeed: 5:25pm On Mar 08, 2012
@J20 ve u recf any message from university of New brunswick.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by princesyeed: 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2012
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 08, 2012
xtus:

@naijasexy what province are u?

I am in New Brunswick.

J20:

University of New Brunswick.
I just prepared a resume, included my Statement of Purpose at the bottom and laoded it on my application page. I hope that does it.
I sent my High School transcript and WAEC result with a scratch card to them via courier.

Hehehe! That is the school I attend luckily for you. I would go to admissions on Monday and ask them if you actually need to send a resume because I do not remember sending one myself when I applied. What campus do you wanna come to? The Fredricton or the Saint John campus?

2sexy:

Naija Sexy, thanks for coming on board.

I don't know how bend my way out of this problem--finance.

I wish to do a post graduate diploma in Canada. I know I could manage to pay the tuition fee and application fee but I don't have a sponsor with the huge $20k in bank. I spoke to my half brother who is based in the US as a medical doctor but he does not want to help(am almost hating this guy).

I spoke to an Uncle who suggest that I go in through a conference and stay after the conference. I had to call newacca last nite to seek his advice concerning what my uncle said and his words were that I will have a difficult time to get a residence or work permit if I do it.

I am currently doing a HND in Petroleum Engineering at PTI and I would grad this year. The situation of things in my family (and being the only graduate) has prompt me to look for a way to leave Naija. I get over 20 email alerts every week from Canada oil and gas sector and that is a potential for me.

Is there any suggestion for some one in my shoes, naija sexy?
Please, help me here and may God bless you in return.

You know what? I'd say give it a shot. Start with your visa processing even if you do not have up to the $20,000 minimum account balance. I am almost certain that not everyone has up to that amount anyway as there are some Nigerian international students in my school that are just struggling to even eat let alone pay tuition. Yes, there is a lot of potential for you as the oil and gas sector in Canada is booming presently. I would advise you not to come here through any illegal means though, as that would just ruin things for you. Canadians DETEST dishonesty and would offer you no help once they find out that you got into their country though a back door.

If you are called for an interview, try to be very confident and convincing. Let them know that you can afford to pay tuition once you get to Canada and you would not be a liability to them. That is the fear they have, making it seem like they only accept the rich into their country which is not entirely the case.

Good luck. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Paschal137(m): 8:01pm On Mar 08, 2012
@ naijasexy, I got a PGD offer.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^Man, I do not know oo. What I can say is this: If Human Resource Management has a considerable association/connection with IT then I should see no problem with you switching. Inquiries about duration of a Masters Program should best be made from the school.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 11:56pm On Mar 08, 2012
Wow. . .! ( face beems with surprise, eyes wide open, hearts beat race for a new found hope) Thank You so much,naija sexy.

Actually, I believe I can survive if I get there. I actually know how to design websites and I know that if I get hold of Canada's Yellow Page, with a good marketing system, the money will role in. I designed www.seoarticlepress.com and sold it to an American. I also designed www.flowerdelivery-sameday.com Thank you so much, naija sexy. I will start putting things together.

Does this mean that the fat statement of account isn't really necessary if I can show that I have a skill that can bring me money? I mean if all I can raise is $4k which is tution fee, and I show them that money isn't going to be my problem if I get to Canada because I know how to build websites and would do just that for clients in order to put food on the table? What do you think about this?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 09, 2012
Hey guys! 'sup? Alright I know it's gotta be in here somewhere, but I'm to lazy to look for it, so could someone tell me how much needs to be in one's account apart from school fees?
_
And Carleton uni and Lakehead uni which is better?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Efizzi: 7:33am On Mar 09, 2012
@Naijasexy can I have your pin or msg, Would like to discuss something
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by xtus(m): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2012
@Naijasexy can i add u on fbk or yahoo IM, Plz
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 09, 2012
2sexy:

Wow. . .! ( face beems with surprise, eyes wide open, hearts beat race for a new found hope) Thank You so much,naija sexy.

Actually, I believe I can survive if I get there. I actually know how to design websites and I know that if I get hold of Canada's Yellow Page, with a good marketing system, the money will role in. I designed www.seoarticlepress.com and sold it to an American. I also designed www.flowerdelivery-sameday.com Thank you so much, naija sexy. I will start putting things together.

Does this mean that the fat statement of account isn't really necessary if I can show that I have a skill that can bring me money? I mean if all I can raise is $4k which is tution fee, and I show them that money isn't going to be my problem if I get to Canada because I know how to build websites and would do just that for clients in order to put food on the table? What do you think about this?

Erm 2sexy, what school do you wanna/ did you apply to? Are you sure the tuition is $4k? That is almost unbelievable o. It is too cheap to be true. Well, I would not advise you to tell them that you work or plan to build websites for people when you get here. Even if you have plans of doing so, keep it to yourself. NEVER tell that to anyone at the embassy. You should have at least your tuition money and upkeep money for one year in the statement you would tender but I dont think you must have more than that.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 09, 2012
xtus:

@Naijasexy can i add u on fbk or yahoo IM, Plz

I dont have facebook and I hardly use YIM. You can ask me whatever you want here just like everyone else is doing. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 2:04pm On Mar 09, 2012
naijasexy:

I am in New Brunswick.
Hehehe! That is the school I attend luckily for you. I would go to admissions on Monday and ask them if you actually need to send a resume because I do not remember sending one myself when I applied. What campus do you wanna come to? The Fredricton or the Saint John campus?
Wow!
Thats good to know. I choose Fredricton.
I will appreciate any help you can give me on the resume stuff though I sent one already.

How is the employment opportunity in New Brunswick?
Also any idea of the amount my mum have in her account for the visa process?
Someone advised that my mum pays the exact money for tuition + living expenses into my account, do you think this will make any difference?

princesyeed:

I received a message in my mail box that my application has been updated and I logged in and checked. The resume I submitted via email has been received and its pending review.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 09, 2012
^^You chose Fredricton but they would probably take you to Saint John, that's where they take most International students these days.
Since you have submitted your resume, then no need for me to go asking. I guess you'd be fine. You'd definitely get admitted so that's not an issue AT ALL.
Okay, first of all your mum's statement of account has to show that there has been cash flow in and out of the account so that the consular officials dont suspect foul play. Secondly, Just make sure she has at least the tuition for one year and money for living expenses in the account. You should be fine with that.

I stated earlier that NB is good for studying and nice jobs while schooling BUT I would not remain here after my schooling. I would move to a bigger province like Ontario.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2012
naijasexy:

Erm 2sexy, what school do you wanna/ did you apply to? Are you sure the tuition is $4k? That is almost unbelievable o. It is too cheap to be true. Well, I would not advise you to tell them that you work or plan to build websites for people when you get here. Even if you have plans of doing so, keep it to yourself. NEVER tell that to anyone at the embassy. You should have at least your tuition money and upkeep money for one year in the statement you would tender but I dont think you must have more than that.

And how much could that be? I thought school fees alone was around that figure, excluding accomodation fees and other expenses.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
^^ It could never be around that figure. Tuition for one year for an international student is usually at least $10, 000. Check with the school you wish to apply to.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by J20: 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2012
naijasexy:

^^You chose Fredricton but they would probably take you to Saint John, that's where they take most International students these days.
Since you have submitted your resume, then no need for me to go asking. I guess you'd be fine. You'd definitely get admitted so that's not an issue AT ALL.
Okay, first of all your mum's statement of account has to show that there has been cash flow in and out of the account so that the consular officials dont suspect foul play. Secondly, Just make sure she has at least the tuition for one year and money for living expenses in the account. You should be fine with that.

I stated earlier that NB is good for studying and nice jobs while schooling BUT I would not remain here after my schooling. I would move to a bigger province like Ontario.
Amen! I am believing God for the admission.
I actually chose Fredricton because of my course of study, St John only runs 2 years of Chem Eng and one has to do the remaining 2 years in Fredricton. My mum said no need to be moving around campuses. Anyway St John is cheaper.
Its her salary account so there is always cash flow, I just pray I make it to Canada. Its my dream.

I appreciate your contributions on this thread and its really nice to have someone in UNB who I can always ask questions. I will let you know how the admission process goes.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2012
naijasexy:

^^ It could never be around that figure. Tuition for one year for an international student is usually at least $10, 000. Check with the school you wish to apply to.

okay, how is the tution fee paid,full or instalmentally? And we to pay it in naija or when get to Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
You could pay instalmentally if you cant pay everything in full. Most people pay in bits actually (like on a per-term basis). Pay when you get to Canada but you could also pay from Naija. It's really a matter of choice.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by bamshy: 9:16pm On Mar 09, 2012
wink
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by obietrix: 12:08am On Mar 10, 2012
@All, Its been a while since I posted on here having been refused visa last year which left me hurt.I was denied based on the following:
1. No tution hence acceptance void. I paid the tuition as requested by the sch but sent the invoice to cdhc by email.
2. sponsor not credible. i did not include tax clerance certificate cos my sponsor has none
3. refused finances.dis i dont understand.
I however have resulted in applying again with the help of this forum I think I can scale tru this time.

@newacca, u av been a source on encouragement to many on this forum.I am suprised u are still waiting to get ur visa but God will give u the reason to smile soon.I concur with u about ur post on the tax clearance certificate, i hope I am able to get the vat id from IRS.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 4:55am On Mar 10, 2012
@ all, may God make our dreams come true,we shall all get to the promise land, plz let anyone that has been refused and granted visa in the past share their experience with us so that we all can benefit from it, God bless Nigeria,God bless Nairaland,God bless us all
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by symbian03(m): 8:53am On Mar 10, 2012
@J20 which courier did you use? And how soon did your package arrive at UNB?
Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
Naija Sexy,I have few questions. I was told by an American a few weeks ago that one could get into the US via exchange programs organized by some US NGOs and this in compliant with the US law for J-1 visa. The program last for 3-18 months and one could work during the program. However, its quite cheap to visit the US via this method(less than $3k). If I decide,after the program to immigrate into Canada and stay, would I have any difficulties in procuring a residence or work permit in Canada? I had to come up with this due to my inability to raise $10k-15k$ for tuition fee or find a sponsor.

I have done my research and this programs are real. The woman also gave me a link to some reputable organizers.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by moty4all: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
@2sexy

U nid to take things easy. B4 u los ur $3k or Tie ur Moni somewhere.

I believe Exchange programs are done by schools

Are u currently in anyone. If yes ask your school and apply if they are looking 4 students to exchange,

My school is currently doing an exchange program with a UK university and some friends of mine applied.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 10, 2012
2sexy:

Naija Sexy,I have few questions. I was told by an American a few weeks ago that one could get into the US via exchange programs organized by some US NGOs and this in compliant with the US law for J-1 visa. The program last for 3-18 months and one could work during the program. However, its quite cheap to visit the US via this method(less than $3k). If I decide,after the program to immigrate into Canada and stay, would I have any difficulties in procuring a residence or work permit in Canada? I had to come up with this due to my inability to raise $10k-15k$ for tuition fee or find a sponsor.

I have done my research and this programs are real. The woman also gave me a link to some reputable organizers.

You should take things easy 2sexy. I would not be the best person to answer these questions as I dont know anything about the program you would be involved in when you get to the US, neither do I know anything about immigrating from the US to Canada.
Just be sure to make inquiries from the right people so you dont end up losing your $3k altogether.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2012
moty4all:

@2sexy

U nid to take things easy. B4 u los ur $3k or Tie ur Moni somewhere.

I believe Exchange programs are done by schools

Are u currently in anyone. If yes ask your school and apply if they are looking 4 students to exchange,

My school is currently doing an exchange program with a UK university and some friends of mine applied.

You are right about that. I am currently in school but would graduate this year and I don't think that my school is involved in any, since it is a polytechnic.

Naija sexy, am just being tired of the situation in my family. We need to move to a new level. My elder sister was almost in tears when I discussed about plan ,but for the lack of money, she can't help. It pains me more to think that I have a half brother as a medical doctor in the US but he does not want to help. Imagine being in a desert and someone holds a barrel of water and refused to give you just a drop so you may have enough energy to move to your destination. But I laugh at the stupidity of people who think "I HAVE ARRIVED!" Its a small world and only a few people with wisdom actually realize that its really a small world. I don't know either to hate him or not, considering the fact that I cried endless to him to help save his mother(my mother) but he feigned not to understand me till my mother died in my arms because we could not take her to hospital. I pray her sould forgive him.

I know am not supposed to talk about things like this. . . It saddens one when you feel the world is against you. Having a dream and not being able to achieve it is one hell of a place to be. Canada has a lot of potentials for me and I know it within. Today alone, I got 6 vacancies in my email alert and I get it every Damn day. I just stare at my screen and do nothing. Do you know how painful it is? You look at your siblings and you wish you could put a smile on their faces but you can't!
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2012
^^ Oh Jeez dear, it is unfortunate that you find yourself in this situation. I see no reason why your brother should not help you if really he has the means to, that is just sheer wickedness. Some people are unbelievable.

How about you wait until you are done with school, get a job in Nigeria and then apply to come to Canada as a landed immigrant? That would give you better opportunities (I think) than you would get if you go through the US route. It is more profitable to go the slow and guaranteed way than to go the fast and uncertain way and find yourself in a mess in the end.

It is well 2sexy. Commit everything into God's hands. No condition is permanent. Be strong. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by newacca: 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2012
@obietrix,
so sad 2 hear abt ur refusal. If @ first u dnt succeed,try and try and try again. I'm happy u wanna give it a try again,but while trying again,pls. always have Plan B. I think ur sponsor can get VAT TIN from FRIS

@2sexy,
I dnt knw much abt student exchange prog. Bro,pull urself together and 4get abt ur half brova. U r responsible for urself! Life is sometimes like that. Maybe God wants him to watch u arrive that was why he put him there before u. Bro. keep ur dreams alive. I can tell u that u may even struck ur gold in Nigeria b4 u go to Canada and u may get to Canada with ease. God is a miracle working God. If u have faith,u can move mountains. First,concentrate on ur final exams and make a good grade. First thing first. U can go places with ur qualification n u may even get scholarship. Bro. BELIEVE!!!

@naijasexy,
keep it up. Thanx 4 offering assitance to ppl. here.
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by olaremy2k: 9:50pm On Mar 10, 2012
@ all in d house,what is the minimum amount expected in an account of a sponsor
Re: Travelling To Canada-part2 by 2sexy(m): 10:43pm On Mar 10, 2012
Newacca, thanks and naijasexy. Naijasexy, it's really unbelievable. What offence could one's mother commit that would make her son do this? I just don't want to go into details. I have seen children born abroad come to Nigeria in search for their mother or father after many years but my half bro whose dad almost left behind, my mother fought to be taken to the states. The woman that gave me the info about student exchange prog could hardly believe it herself when I gave his name for her to Google and when she saw his status cos she is also in the medical line, she could not believe it. It is really UNBELIEVABLE. We are talking about someone working for the US military at present. I have never met an educated man behave this way. I perceive a poisoned mind!

I think I should use my half brother's refusal as motivational factor to drive me into excellence.

And that I will do starting now. My exam is on monday and I am in class reading. I will get there!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / On Vacation: New York City / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.