Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,087 members, 7,967,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 10:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (215658 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:36am On Feb 03, 2012
ADEBYTE:

@helen2012

Thanks for ur enquiry. To cut the whole story short, I will advise if possible to allow ur son/daughter continue at the university considering the fact that admission into another university is not easily processed as envisaged by u.it takes a great deal of time and may
Have to go through the same procedure before she got the one for the present university. Also bearing in mind that she is on 40 percent scholaship,for her not to forfeit that rare priveledge.I think that u should be able to call the school and explain ur stance on the issue of accommodation that u already arrange accommodation for ur son/ daughter
Elsewhere because that was not in their plan before. Also if they insist that he/she has to compulsorily stay in the campus accommodation(which I think they can not), ur son/daughter would not be expected to pay all the money at once and so he/she can agree on either monthly,quarterly or halfly payment.
While studying,he/she is allowed to take up paid employment and can sort the payment out as he/she desires
Hope this help and the lord is ur strength   

Exactly, that how it works in this US and that why they are continue to be bless

overloved:

@imperiouxx

please kindly forward the GRE in full to me. v.lawrence94 (at) yahoo dot com

Don't understand this bro, mind posting only the username then I add @yahoo.com

naijaobi:

@imperrioux, you are yet to reply me bro

I've been busy in the lab throughout today. I will attach Baron's and one other one but they are larger files.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

Exactly, that how it works in this US and that why they are continue to be bless

Don't understand this bro, mind posting only the username then I add @yahoo.com

I've been busy in the lab throughout today. I will attach Baron's and one other one but they are larger files.
Gre materials needed too, Email: ogbeche77@yahoo.com. Thnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 9:31am On Feb 03, 2012
imperiouxx, thnks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bukkybaby2012: 10:02am On Feb 03, 2012
@imperiouxxx-please i need 1 or 2 graduate schools that dont require a standardized exam to apply to.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 1:30pm On Feb 03, 2012
There are quite number of schools that do not require it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by overloved(m): 2:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
imperioxx

''v.lawrence94'' just add at yahoo dot com to it

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:57pm On Feb 03, 2012
bukkybaby2012:

@imperiouxxx-please i need 1 or 2 graduate schools that dont require a standardized exam to apply to.thanks

I won't advise that but you got to know by interacting with the graduate school or international office directly. Don't only rely on their websites

@Cracking the New GRE.

Sent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 7:53pm On Feb 03, 2012
ADEBYTE:

@helen2012

Thanks for ur enquiry. To cut the whole story short, I will advise if possible to allow ur son/daughter continue at the university considering the fact that admission into another university is not easily processed as envisaged by u.it takes a great deal of time and may
Have to go through the same procedure before she got the one for the present university. Also bearing in mind that she is on 40 percent scholaship,for her not to forfeit that rare priveledge.I think that u should be able to call the school and explain ur stance on the issue of accommodation that u already arrange accommodation for ur son/ daughter
Elsewhere because that was not in their plan before. Also if they insist that he/she has to compulsorily stay in the campus accommodation(which I think they can not), ur son/daughter would not be expected to pay all the money at once and so he/she can agree on either monthly,quarterly or halfly payment.
While studying,he/she is allowed to take up paid employment and can sort the payment out as he/she desires.
Hope this help and the lord is ur strength   

Every time I see these kinds of talk i shake my head,  The only way she would be able to pay for accommodation with her earnings is if she works full time. If Not that is almost impossible,  I will try to break it down a little,

Assuming she gets a very good job on campus that pays $12/hour ( this is very rare ) she works for 18 hours weekly which is very rare again, that brings total to $216,  When you take out taxes, social security, you would be left with about $170(estimate) $170 weekly multiplied by 4 weeks in a month comes to $680 (I am really on the high side here but lets continue)

As a student, you need bus fair, in metro cities those are kind of expensive (ranges from $60-$115 monthly),  As a teenager you need clothes, which I would put at 150 bucks monthly (people I know spend triple that on clothes) Clothes and Transportation already took $200 from his/her total earnings. That brings the balance to $480. When you calculate other little expenses then you would probably be left with 300 bucks monthly which I doubt very much.

I decided not to talk about food, books, and petty things you need. Things like lotion, laundry supplies and all. I assume that the people from Naija would take care of these which in my opinion is very hard too.

If the school accommodation amounts to 5k for the semester how long will it take for her to pay?

People just believe that when you get to school work is waiting for you,  This is not how it works. When you get to school it may take you a whole month to get settled and to understand city transportation system. I am not saying it will take everyone a month, I am saying it may take some people less and some even more.

Job is not guaranteed for any body,  I see graduates with Masters' degree who do not have jobs. Take that belief of getting a job when you get to school out of your head because it does not always turn out like that.

If you need to argue with the school to secure your sister a free accommodation outside do it, because when one has free accommodation that is a lot of relief to you and her. They can not make her stay in the school if they didn't make it known to you before now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 8:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
@djuinit1
I will advise that u revert back to the poster in question(helen) enquiry before u posted ur analysis. Well said but try and see what she enquired about that prompted such write up.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2012
@djunit1,

The general statistics part of your statement were all Pure Bullshiit. Does living expenses and school fee same from state to state that one can't survive with GA? I got my GA position right from Nigeria since last year June and I have already knew how the allowance will go since then. Out of the allowance, 70% goes for dorms of which food plan is included, 30% goes for my school fee, though this doesn't completely solve my school fee because I have few of it to pay, I don't need ride to class because I only need to walk less than 3 mins to class. Therefore, getting GA in affordable schools and states can solve most school fee problems. I just walked to the student account office and told them I want my allowance going towards my tuition and I was told I'm good and clearance was placed on my student ID card. So ask me, if I have paid all my school fee. ADEBYTE, explanation is proven right in this country. This is US, many Americans don't buy cloths for fashion like in Nigeria, most times they get cloths good enough to shield the cold wind. Ask most of them to remove those jackets/hoodies, all you see is T-Shirt not even polo shirt, how much is T-Shirts in Nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by myforumid3: 11:36pm On Feb 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

@djunit1,

The general statistics part of your statement were all Pure Bullshiit. Does living expenses and school fee same from state to state that one can't survive with GA? I got my GA position right from Nigeria since last year June and I have already knew how the allowance will go. Out of the allowance, 70% goes for dorms of which food plan is included, 30% goes for my school fee, though this doesn't completely solve my school fee because I have few of it to pay, I don't need ride to class because I only need to walk less than 3 mins to class. Therefore, getting GA in affordable schools and states can solve most school fee problems. I just walked to the student account office and told them I want my allowance going towards my tuition and I was told I'm good and clearance was placed on my student ID card. So ask me, if I have paid all my school fee. ADEBYTE, explanation is proven right in this country. This is US, many Americans don't buy cloths for fashion like in Nigeria, most times they get cloths good enough to shed the cold wind. Ask most of them to remove those jackets, all you see is T-Shirt not even polo shirt, how much is T-Shirts in Nigeria?
hey my friend imperiouxx, been long you know.
Abeg i nor get time read the whole pages but it seems you got your VISA and are already in the USA.
Gbogeya get your contact? if so, i could get it from him or you could email it to my dummy email address da.ghost63 at yahoo dot com
Congrats once again bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 4:40am On Feb 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

@djunit1,

The general statistics part of your statement were all Pure Bullshiit. Does living expenses and school fee same from state to state that one can't survive with GA? I got my GA position right from Nigeria since last year June and I have already knew how the allowance will go since then. Out of the allowance, 70% goes for dorms of which food plan is included, 30% goes for my school fee, though this doesn't completely solve my school fee because I have few of it to pay, I don't need ride to class because I only need to walk less than 3 mins to class. Therefore, getting GA in affordable schools and states can solve most school fee problems. I just walked to the student account office and told them I want my allowance going towards my tuition and I was told I'm good and clearance was placed on my student ID card. So ask me, if I have paid all my school fee. ADEBYTE, explanation is proven right in this country. This is US, many Americans don't buy cloths for fashion like in Nigeria, most times they get cloths good enough to shield the cold wind. Ask most of them to remove those jackets/hoodies, all you see is T-Shirt not even polo shirt, how much is T-Shirts in Nigeria?

I am not going to argue with you,  I am just gonna let it pass,  I know people whose father take care of all their fees and they have jobs and are still complaining about just rent they have to pay and here you are talking,  I didn't know anything when I just got here like you,  I had all the money to spend and could do anything I wanted. It was just a matter of time for me to get used to how things work here, 

I will not talk now, I will wait until you start complaining before I remind you of the bullshit you say I am talking, 

You want to pay your fees with a 20hr job!!!! How funny because even citizens graduate and owe thousands in Students' loans not because they didn't work while in school but because education is so expensive in this country. I will continue to pray for you Mr know it all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 9:58am On Feb 04, 2012
djunit1:

I am not going to argue with you,  I am just gonna let it pass,  I know people whose father take care of all their fees and they have jobs and are still complaining about just rent they have to pay and here you are talking,  I didn't know anything when I just got here like you,  I had all the money to spend and could do anything I wanted. It was just a matter of time for me to get used to how things work here, 

I will not talk now, I will wait until you start complaining before I remind you of the bullshit you say I am talking

You want to pay your fees with a 20hr job!!!! How funny because even citizens graduate and owe thousands in Students' loans not because they didn't work while in school but because education is so expensive in this country. I will continue to pray for you Mr know it all

Complaining of what to you guy? I don't whine even when I suppose to before gotten here, then tell me what will make me request your help and what are you to me that I'll come complaining to you? You only hear people saying GA you don't even know the meaning of it and affordable schools. It makes you have out state tuition waived and allowances giving to you, it doesn't solve all expenses but it solves the major part of it (as for me) and for your information, I only do it 5 hrs every Thursday.

The second bold part shows how narrow sighted you are. I said my GA pays my accommodation and parts of my school fee of which I'm paying the remaining few part and it has been signed into my student account, so what the hell you got to do about that? huh?! You don't even know how much my school fee is or how much I got from the GA, you are saying trash. I'm still saying it, your stat up there were TOTAL BULLSHIIT, believe me and save your prayer for your future, you will seriously need it then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 10:07am On Feb 04, 2012
Hey imperiouxx and djunit1 there is № point arguing about stuffs. I think evryone has a right to their opinions. I think this blog is about helping each other out. So that's what we should be doing folks, imperiouxx and djunit1 shake hands,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 10:09am On Feb 04, 2012
I get pissed when people generalized things based on their own perspective.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 10:23am On Feb 04, 2012
I undastand but you guyz should respect each odaz views, tats †ђξ way forward dudes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 10:25am On Feb 04, 2012
He is having a bewildered views.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by naijaobi(m): 10:42am On Feb 04, 2012
@imperrioux, bro, its like u've 4gtn to send me the all in one copy u said, grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2012
I said it before, I am not going to argue with someone who does not seem to understand how to argue, I want you to break things down the way I did. That way we would see who is close,

I nor dey fight with you but try to do something about your foul mouth, Not a good thing to have
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drslip: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2012
Djunit1 cool down na, make una nor fite. № winner for who argue pass,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ADEBYTE: 4:24pm On Feb 04, 2012
@djunit1
No one is having a go at you but just the fact been said following the enquirer question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:29pm On Feb 04, 2012
@djunit1,

Yea, I don't need to argue with you because you haven't even ripe to get one, how would you know how it works? You only hear people saying it. I see reason why aroy1 is always on your neck here, it's because you don't cut your coat to suite your size. My emphasis is that ADEBYTE's advise to the HELEN is possible, I'm doing it here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by myforumid3: 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

@djunit1,

Yea, I don't need to argue with you because you haven't even ripe to get one, how would you know how it works? You only hear people saying it. I see reason why aroy1 is always on your neck here, it's because you don't cut your coat to suite your size. My emphasis is that ADEBYTE's advise to the HELEN is possible, I'm doing it here.
sent you a friends request, He is mutual friend.
leave djunit1 alone to [b][b]
[/b]continue yanning trash.
[/b]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:48pm On Feb 04, 2012
myforumid3:

sent you a friends request, He is mutual friend.
leave djunit1 alone to [b][b]
[/b]continue yanning trash.
[/b]

didn't see it forum. I called him yesterday noon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by classy013: 6:54pm On Feb 04, 2012
imperiouxx, i couldn't open the files u sent to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:21pm On Feb 04, 2012
@classy, you've got to have winrar or winzip installed on your computer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by oyewolejos(m): 11:29pm On Feb 04, 2012
American newbie watch your mouth and don't let the environment get into your head. Cursing on a public forum like this will add a dent to your image.
This is America the land of the free where everybody is entitled to their own opinions. Not everybody will agree with u on some issues moreover some of your stats are very much incorrect but who am i to argue with u.
Your freedom of speech is guaranteed. Nuff said

imperiouxx:

@djunit1,

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:06am On Feb 05, 2012
I got 92% of my tuition off as GA and 8% is the fee i'm paying for the whole session o. . . . Just imagine that! When I was discussing with an Indian friend the other time and told him I love Nigerians here because it relatively cheap schooling here. He said those people will come and hinder these opportunities. Does it takes oldies to know the difference between GA and on campus job or that GA isn't in the same category with on campus jobs or that you can do the two together in a semester? Nigerians, if you are able to get GA of any form, it will help waive your out state tuition and allow you to get allowances just like the America citizens. In fact, GA is meant for the internationals in my school. You can even get teaching assistantship too, just have your good GRE/GMAT. A Kenyan friend of mine is enjoying these two altogether. Those guys are using cars and paying their fee from these GAs. If you are an undergraduate and can run very well, check for athletics scholarship in your school and apply because they love recruiting blacks, mostly from Africa. If you can get it, you own don better be that because that equals to full ride. . . . no tuition payment for as long you are representing your school. That's what most Kenyans are enjoying in this country as undergraduates. [size=18pt]I lie ??![/size]

There is no acquired trait in me from the environment, I only know I'm in US and mostly think of my studies. . . . how to meet up with new concept in science field  leaving behind Nigeria obsolete concepts. I have been using those languages far before reaching here (check my post history). So what is wrong about my stat? Is it that most Americans don't buy cloths monthly but like putting on jacket and T-shirt inside, sometimes when temperature is too low they don't bath to classes? But they love cars and pleasure. [size=18pt]I lie ??![/size] It doesn't take time to know all these? or is it that I said that 70% of my GA goes for accommodation & 30% for fee or that they have charged the allowance towards my tuition for this semester or that GA can solve most fee problem in affordable schools? huh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 4:13am On Feb 05, 2012
djunit1:

Every time I see these kinds of talk i shake my head,  The only way she would be able to pay for accommodation with her earnings is if she works full time. If Not that is almost impossible,  I will try to break it down a little,

Assuming she gets a very good job on campus that pays $12/hour ( this is very rare ) she works for 18 hours weekly which is very rare again, that brings total to $216,  When you take out taxes, social security, you would be left with about $170(estimate) $170 weekly multiplied by 4 weeks in a month comes to $680 (I am really on the high side here but lets continue)

You dont pay SS taxes as an international student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:16am On Feb 05, 2012
davidylan:

You dont pay SS taxes as an international student.

Thank you my brother. Let's pass good info to those at home. The Indians, Chinese and Kenyans are enjoying here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 4:26am On Feb 05, 2012
djunit1:

Not true. If you have a TA/GA that pays your full tuition and gives you a stipend (usually around $26000 now), you will do just fine. I lived on that for 5 yrs, rent, food, gas (of course its more expensive now but if you get a nice gas saver like a honda civic or toyota you should be ok), pocket money e.t.c. $1800 per month is more than enough in a small town if you dont live extravagantly.

djunit1:

As a student, you need bus fair, in metro cities those are kind of expensive (ranges from $60-$115 monthly),  As a teenager you need clothes, which I would put at 150 bucks monthly (people I know spend triple that on clothes) Clothes and Transportation already took $200 from his/her total earnings. That brings the balance to $480. When you calculate other little expenses then you would probably be left with 300 bucks monthly which I doubt very much.

Where the heck are you going on $115 a month? If you budget that for gas a month you should be ok with your own car. Get a friend you can travel with to the store, school, church e.t.c and save some money.
Why should you buy clothes $150 a month? shocked

djunit1:

I decided not to talk about food, books, and petty things you need. Things like lotion, laundry supplies and all. I assume that the people from Naija would take care of these which in my opinion is very hard too.

Food is very cheap. You should be able to live on $40 every two weeks - in that case you dont spend more than $100 a month. Books you dont need, normally that is part of your tuition so you dont have to pay out of pocket for it (if you pay out of pocket then keep the reciepts and get a tax deduction at your next tax filing). Petty things - shouldnt spend more than $50 a month.

djunit1:

If the school accommodation amounts to 5k for the semester how long will it take for her to pay?

Always rent outside! Max a good studio should be no more than $450 a month, that way you always have a place to stay when school is not in session.

djunit1:

People just believe that when you get to school work is waiting for you,  This is not how it works. When you get to school it may take you a whole month to get settled and to understand city transportation system. I am not saying it will take everyone a month, I am saying it may take some people less and some even more.

Usually your school will assign someone to help you out the first few months. At worst, email your department and ask them to partner you with someone to assist until you can find your feet.

djunit1:

Job is not guaranteed for any body,  I see graduates with Masters' degree who do not have jobs. Take that belief of getting a job when you get to school out of your head because it does not always turn out like that.

Jobs are not guaranteed based on your course of study. An MD for example will ALWAYS find a job regardless. Engineers (not industrial oh), most MBA's, pharmacists, toxicologists e.t.c will always find jobs with advanced degrees. IF you study courses like history then you are on your own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:30am On Feb 05, 2012
4 bedroom flat here is just $600 per month.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.