Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,468 members, 7,978,526 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 09:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (215877 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 12:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
rowlandoo:

Loook at the history , do I still have chance
Search:
Appointment Date
Applicant
Status
Tuesday July 10, 2012 08:00roitimiABUJAF-1Canceled
Tuesday June 19, 2012 09:00rowBUJAF-1Canceled
Thursday September 20, 2012 08:iABUJAF-1Scheduled

I wonder why you keep on duplicating questions here? I have told you that you can only cancel a scheduled appointment date twice and which you have already done. If you cancel this your september 20th date, it simply means that you can't use it obviously for this Fall admissions.(90 days after).

The options you have opened to you are, first, you simply cancel and know that you pay another visa fee to be able to pick a date in july. Second, you simply defer your admissions to spring semester. Third, you can pray and believe that God would make the US embassy to appoint a earlier date to you since you said you ticked the Auto Rescheduled appointment box.

Please save your stress of duplicating already attended questions here because it can be very irritating.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jidebobo: 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2012
House Thanks 4 all the necessary information given here. God Bless u all.
Pls I want to know if I have a chance. Am 28yrs old wanted to apply for UG course in USA, without SAT/Toefel.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 12:29pm On Jun 20, 2012
deevick246:

I wonder why you keep on duplicating questions here? I have told you that you can only cancel a scheduled appointment date twice and which you have already done. If you cancel this your september 20th date, it simply means that you can't use it obviously for this Fall admissions.(90 days after).

The options you have opened to you are, first, you simply cancel and know that you pay another visa fee to be able to pick a date in july. Second, you simply defer your admissions to spring semester. Third, you can pray and believe that God would make the US embassy to appoint a earlier date to you since you said you ticked the Auto Rescheduled appointment box.

Please save your stress of duplicating already attended questions here because it can be very irritating.

I am tired of this , this house is cruel , I was asking before I cancelled no one told me notting and I made a big mistake u are there telling me its irritating . Pls go sitfdown
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by newacca: 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2012
rowlandoo:

I am tired of this , this house is cruel , I was asking before I cancelled no one told me notting and I made a big mistake u are there telling me its irritating . Pls go sitfdown

at times we need to be independent in taking some steps. We need to think like if Nairaland didnt exist,I can do it! We need to learn from experience,information and people. Ask God to give us our daily bread,and still expecting him to spread butter on it for us and put it in our mouth? Bro,pls grow up. U are going outta there to a real new world,learn to carry ur logs by urself sometimes. my 2cent offered.
ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2012
newacca:

at times we need to be independent in taking some steps. We need to think like if Nairaland didnt exist,I can do it! We need to learn from experience,information and people. Ask God to give us our daily bread,and still expecting him to spread butter on it for us and put it in our mouth? Bro,pls grow up. U are going outta there to a real new world,learn to carry ur logs by urself sometimes. my 2cent offered.
ciao

I understand ma friend , d guy is just been sarcastic . How studies coz I see its been a very long time u .
No maTter what the devils tries I will register this FaLL .
Ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2012
jidebobo: House Thanks 4 all the necessary information given here. God Bless u all.
Pls I want to know if I have a chance. Am 28yrs old wanted to apply for UG course in USA, without SAT/Toefel.
So what's ur question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2012
rowlandoo:

I am sure I adviced u not to do the second cancellation. . . About the first one, we were not even aware of it. . .

And deevick246 has adviced u like 5 times on what u can do but u keep asking the same question. . .
So don't blame him for flaring up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by newacca: 1:51pm On Jun 20, 2012
rowlandoo:

I understand ma friend , d guy is just been sarcastic . How studies coz I see its been a very long time u .
Ciao

I'm cool. still in 9ja. working though. I am more prominent in the travelling to Canada thread. I wish u all d best. It's worthwhile though...
ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emekatimsu(m): 3:04pm On Jun 20, 2012
imperiouxx:

Story:
I was denied in Abuja in Dec 21 (3 weeks and 6 days to my resumption). I requested for an emergency date in Dec 22, told them was denied for the reason I can't explain and my school resumes Jan 17 (attached my admission letter confirming that). The emergency date was granted on Dec 24, I canceled initial Feb 1 I've already picked and got Jan 3. I went for the second interview in Jan 3, this time in Lagos and got the visa just 13 days interval from the first interview. Tell your friend to request for an emergency date if he is a genuine student and have confidence in himself + trust in God. And sure, he might defer it.

Good day house, a friend of mine ws denied visa today.
The VO did nt bother to look at hs well prepared documents.
He only asked him what he has been doing since he graduated from school and he told him. After which he denied him.
His school is suppose to resume by 2nd week of August, what can he do now so as nt to miss ds addmission.
He has been so down cast to narate all that transpired between him and d VO, if nt i would have published word by words.
So house, what immediate action can he take to get interviewd again and does he need to pay for interview again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kennix73: 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
Goodday House,
Please wat's the best attire for F1-visa interview?
Can a suit be worn?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
emekatimsu:

He only asked him what he has been doing since he graduated from school and he told him. After which he denied him.
His school is suppose to resume by 2nd week of August, what can he do now so as nt to miss ds addmission.
He has been so down cast to narate all that transpired between him and d VO, if nt i would have published word by words.
So house, what immediate action can he take to get interviewd again and does he need to pay for interview again?

Yes I think

kennix73: Goodday House,
Please wat's the best attire for F1-visa interview?
Can a suit be worn?

Looks too formal, dress smart n nice. . . wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by KayDee4: 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2012
emekatimsu:

Yeah, your friend will have to pay again but its important for him to explain exactly what transpired between him and the VO. The reason for denial will be embedded somewhere in the response he gave; there's no point rushing off to do another interview, making the same mistake all over and ending up with the same result.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
emekatimsu:

There is no way we can proffer solutions here without first knowing what really transpired between your said friend the VO. He needs to tell us what answer did he give to the VO's question. Because its clear that his instant refusal after answering that question was in his reply to the V0's question.
On a second note, if he still feels he does not want to share his interview experience, he can go ahead and pay for the Visa fee and book for another appointment. He might still be lucky to get a date in July.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2012
rowlandoo:

So you are tagging the House 'CRUEL' because of your own short comings right?
You need to know that you are first and foremost responsible to yourself and so you should be able to take responsibilities for your actions.
Shei na person go tell you everything you need to know ni?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2012
rowlandoo:

Ciao

What been 'SARCASTIC' in echoing the truth which you refused to accept? Abi na on top my head you wan start to dey blow grammar ni?
Seriously, I feel you need to be consistent with one identity here, maybe that is even where this problem lies self. Well, best of Luck tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2012
newacca:

ciao

This is very on point. Thanks for bring it on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2012
kpolli:

I am sure I adviced u not to do the second cancellation. . . About the first one, we were not even aware of it. . .

And deevick246 has adviced u like 5 times on what u can do but u keep asking the same question. . .

Bros, thanks for coming to my aid. The matter self tire me ooo. Haba!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2012
rowlandoo:

Ohmy God I doo not understand this ur PM thing , moreso I sent an email to the address u left for me here . Just try a test message to austiinn33d@yahoo.com , ill get it on my phone right away .

Please tanks

I have responded to you. Kindly answer the question so that I can call through to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 4:43pm On Jun 20, 2012
genxris: hi house
i want to know if it's ok to write my name and sign it where there is d colum for student certification in my i-20 with a BIRO? Other things written there is typed except for d pen signature of my skol official....help out please

Kindly go ahead and sign and on a lighter note, incase you need help, you can post it to me to help write your name and sign my own signature.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 4:49pm On Jun 20, 2012
Paywole: @house pls I need a candid advice on dis cos my passport is wit one agent of mine and he's telling me i can't get it no later than dis week saturday cos I asked him to me get ghana stamp on it as per d travelling experience issue so where the problem lies is dat I sud report in my skul before august 17 and right now I can't pay the sevis fee cos of my passport dat is not available wit me for now pls is it possible I get an appointment earlier b4 dat august 17 cry

Why would you have to do that? If you are smart enough like you assume, then I expect you to know your Passport Number. Many people with virgin passports were given visa at least I am a witness to that so it wasn't a must that you must have travelled out to get the visa afterall, some have travelled many times and they were still denied. Wish you luck sha.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2012
kpolli:

Well I am not blaming anyone .so let's get it on am sure there will be a Way .

Looking at the history the third is shedulee and just cancelled 2 ttimes ,don't I have chance to cancel third time ? Since it is only 2wice .

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
GboyegaD:

Kindly go ahead and sign and on a lighter note, incase you need help, you can post it to me to help write your name and sign my own signature.

grin grin grin grin grin

rowlandoo:

Well I am not blaming anyone .so let's get it on am sure there will be a Way .

Looking at the history the third is shedulee and just cancelled 2 ttimes ,don't I have chance to cancel third time ? Since it is only 2wice .

Try the auto schedule, let's hope that works. . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by king14: 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2012
@kennix73, attire, like seriously are you going for ceremony, paying too much attention to your dressing, is being over protective, and being over protective simply means you are hiding something, i'll go with a jean and a shirt(collar shirt).

@emekatimsu,
Everybodys case is different, the fact that someone was denied doesn't mean he had a flaw, it could be the VO was not just convinced personally about an issue. I have seen several times here when people post comments about community college and i personally know of peeps that have gotten visa with a community college, i also know 3 friends that resumed spring 2012 into a transfer program(started 300level there) and people say undergraduate visa is difficult. It depends on your case and how you build it, interview is not about your documentation, but about the interview proper,so don't spend time getting documents that wouldn't be scrutinized. What worked for imperiouxx might not necessarily work for you. The fact that a 30 years old was given visa for undergrad doesn't mean that all 30 years old will be given.
Unlike other interviews that gives Liberty,US embassy doesn't, the VO is suppose to make an efficient Decision under a very short time limit. Although there are rules, but personalities are different among this Vos'. So let your friend take time to review is profile and i always say this'anything that doesn't sound convincing to you personally will definitley not sound convincing to the VO as they have a good eye for cons.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jidebobo: 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
My question is @ age 28 going for UG. Do i have a change of given F-1 visa to study in US without any international exam SAT /Tofel
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 5:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
king1_00: @kennix73, attire, like seriously are you going for ceremony, paying too much attention to your dressing, is being over protective, and being over protective simply means you are hiding something, i'll go with a jean and a shirt(collar shirt).

@emekatimsu,
Everybodys case is different, the fact that someone was denied doesn't mean he had a flaw, it could be the VO was not just convinced personally about an issue. I have seen several times here when people post comments about community college and i personally know of peeps that have gotten visa with a community college, i also know 3 friends that resumed spring 2012 into a transfer program(started 300level there) and people say undergraduate visa is difficult. It depends on your case and how you build it, interview is not about your documentation, but about the interview proper,so don't spend time getting documents that wouldn't be scrutinized. What worked for imperiouxx might not necessarily work for you. The fact that a 30 years old was given visa for undergrad doesn't mean that all 30 years old will be given.
Unlike other interviews that gives Liberty,US embassy doesn't, the VO is suppose to make an efficient Decision under a very short time limit. Although there are rules, but personalities are different among this Vos'. So let your friend take time to review is profile and i always say this'anything that doesn't sound convincing to you personally will definitley not sound convincing to the VO as they have a good eye for cons.

Cheers!

I doff my cap for you. This is a very impactful comments. Nice1
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
king1_00: @kennix73, attire, like seriously are you going for ceremony, paying too much attention to your dressing, is being over protective, and being over protective simply means you are hiding something, i'll go with a jean and a shirt(collar shirt).

@emekatimsu,

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by king14: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2012
@jibebobo,

If you have a realistic and good explanation for going for undergrad at 28,then go for it! Sat/Toefl, is used many a time as a form of yardstick to make comparison with you and your student counterparts in US . And its more necessary for undergraduate because high school over there and secondary school here, have an entirely different curriculum. Remember America is quite proud and selfish, they want the best for their country. So i'll advise you take it. It just cuts all doubt and creates a better impression of you before the Vo.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ChitownBase: 7:01pm On Jun 20, 2012
jidebobo: My question is @ age 28 going for UG. Do i have a change of given F-1 visa to study in US without any international exam SAT /Tofel

its hard to tell you but it shud not be a discouragement anyway...forget about UG at 28..i have a friend that has tried as good as 3 times he was denied and secondly not even taking the SAT/TOEFL exams is like a waste of time going to the embassy..becos even the americans here in usa take the SAT exams before gaining admission to college talk-less of you that is a Nigerian..... dont waste ur hard earned money and time...better seek other means like Msc when u are done with ur UG in 9ja and then apply for Msc then u can be fine with any age then and take GRE OR GMAT...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by king14: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
I think chi-town as a point. You can go the Msc route!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by king14: 7:13pm On Jun 20, 2012
I think chi-town as a point. You can go the Msc route if you feel it!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 8:21pm On Jun 20, 2012
Chi-town Base:

its hard to tell you but it shud not be a discouragement anyway...forget about UG at 28..i have a friend that has tried as good as 3 times he was denied and secondly not even taking the SAT/TOEFL exams is like a waste of time going to the embassy..becos even the americans here in usa take the SAT exams before gaining admission to college talk-less of you that is a Nigerian..... dont waste ur hard earned money and time...better seek other means like Msc when u are done with ur UG in 9ja and then apply for Msc then u can be fine with any age then and take GRE OR GMAT...

Bros where u been , u jiust leave the house in isolation .
How studies . Well will be in the UsA by august .

Ciao
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kachocho: 10:35pm On Jun 20, 2012
I have been a silent follower, probably because I have other blogs I follow. However, I dedcide I was going to tell the good news to the house as soon as I got my visa.
TOEFL: 104
GRE:1350
CGPA:4.60
Following is the excerpt of the interview I had at counter 1 Lagos embassy. This guy was rejecting virtually everybody, but God

I had the sweetest and easiest visa interview of all times
V.O : Why do you want to go to the US
Me: To study for a PhD in Polymer Science Engineering
V.O: Did you take the GRE
Me: Yes I did
V.O: May I have the scoresheet
Me: Sure, here they are(gave him)
V.O: Looks at I 20 and says he needs a covering letter to corroborate what the I 20 says
Me: I told him I didn't have any letter and told him the I 20 clearly states everything. I then said however, I have the admission letter and showed him.
V.O: What research areas in PSE are you interested in?
Me:Told him about my interest in the research in fuel cells and its relation to renewable
energy.
V.O: What do you intend to do after your PhD?
Me: I would like to earn my Phd within time frame after which I will ultimately come back to Nigeria to Lecture
V.O: When does your school resume
Me: 4th September, 2012
V.O: You know of the 30day rule
Me: Sure I do.
V.O: You can collect your visa on Monday at Ikeja, Congratulations, have a safe trip
Me: Thank you ( I was totally overwhelmed at this stage)

The most intriguing part of the interview was that he didnt look at my DS 160 , which I felt had some errors, did not request for any document from me no statement or AOS etc and did no type a single thing
It was just God's grace and I am very thankful

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.