Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,434 members, 7,950,928 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 06:52 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (215292 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ollydon(m): 10:40pm On Jun 20, 2012
Ollydon: thanks bro. But, wat I don't understand is how †ће evaluation thing (wes) works.. I already sent transcripts to †ће school without evaluating anything..
house, pls help me eith this prob now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2012
kachocho: I have been a silent follower, probably because I have other blogs I follow. However, I dedcide I was going to tell the good news to the house as soon as I got my visa.
TOEFL: 104
GRE:1350
CGPA:4.60
Following is the excerpt of the interview I had at counter 1 Lagos embassy. This guy was rejecting virtually everybody, but God

I had the sweetest and easiest visa interview of all times
V.O : Why do you want to go to the US
Me: To study for a PhD in Polymer Science Engineering
V.O: Did you take the GRE
Me: Yes I did
V.O: May I have the scoresheet
Me: Sure, here they are(gave him)
V.O: Looks at I 20 and says he needs a covering letter to corroborate what the I 20 says
Me: I told him I didn't have any letter and told him the I 20 clearly states everything. I then said however, I have the admission letter and showed him.
V.O: What research areas in PSE are you interested in?
Me:Told him about my interest in the research in fuel cells and its relation to renewable
energy.
V.O: What do you intend to do after your PhD?
Me: I would like to earn my Phd within time frame after which I will ultimately come back to Nigeria to Lecture
V.O: When does your school resume
Me: 4th September, 2012
V.O: You know of the 30day rule
Me: Sure I do.
V.O: You can collect your visa on Monday at Ikeja, Congratulations, have a safe trip
Me: Thank you ( I was totally overwhelmed at this stage)

The most intriguing part of the interview was that he didnt look at my DS 160 , which I felt had some errors, did not request for any document from me no statement or AOS etc and did no type a single thing
It was just God's grace and I am very thankful

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ChitownBase: 12:21am On Jun 21, 2012
kachocho: I have been a silent follower, probably because I have other blogs I follow. However, I dedcide I was going to tell the good news to the house as soon as I got my visa.
Following is the excerpt of the interview I had at counter 1 Lagos embassy. This guy was rejecting virtually everybody, but God

V.O: Looks at I 20 and says he needs a covering letter to corroborate what the I 20 says
Me: I told him I didn't have any letter and told him the I 20 clearly states everything. I then said however, I have the admission letter and showed him.
Me:Told him about my interest in the research in fuel cells and its relation to renewable
energy.
Me: I would like to earn my Phd within time frame after which I will ultimately come back to Nigeria to Lecture
V.O: You can collect your visa on Monday at Ikeja, Congratulations, have a safe trip

The most intriguing part of the interview was that he didnt look at my DS 160 , which I felt had some errors, did not request for any document from me no statement or AOS etc and did no type a single thing

your academic records alone speaks for itself.....NA BABA GOD SHA......CONGRATS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 12:29am On Jun 21, 2012
Ollydon: house, pls help me eith this prob now
Ollydon: house, pls help me eith this prob now

WES is an independent body that converts international transcripts to its US equivalent. You have to register with WES, pay evaluation fee, send your transcript to them from your school, they'll in turn confirm this and then carryout the evaluation. A copy will then be sent to your school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 3:30am On Jun 21, 2012

energy.

Fall 2012 testimonies don start o
This is what we pray for
Guys remember to [b]K[/b]eep [b]i[/b]t [b]s[/b]hort and [b]s[/b]imple
@kachocho, congratulobia........the Chinese woman still dey there?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 3:32am On Jun 21, 2012
[quote author=samiel4u][/quote]
Fall 2012 testimonies don start o
This is what we pray for
Guys remember to Keep it short and simple
@kachocho, congratulobia........the Chinese woman still dey there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 4:56am On Jun 21, 2012
kachocho:

Congrats and point of correction, every applicant's DS160 is displayed in front of them. Your errors might not be significant to him and God was at work and you are going for a PhD program and with good results.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by king14: 6:57am On Jun 21, 2012
@kachocho,

congrats bruv, all the best in your endearvours. Good to hear your testimony, you really have a long wait time July through sept!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Papa50000: 7:29am On Jun 21, 2012
Hello House,

I got the green ticket yesterday June 20th. You guys are awesome. Went through the old and new posts line by line and discovered my self and unique story. The interview yesterday went well. I was only asked for my test scores. Will post my interview experience soon. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 7:34am On Jun 21, 2012
Papa50000:
Hello House,

I got the green ticket yesterday June 20th. You guys are awesome. Went through the old and new posts line by line and discovered my self and unique story. The interview yesterday went well. I was only asked for my test scores. Will post my interview experience soon. Cheers.

Good congrarts bro

Are u UG or Msc . Wot consulate office
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2012
@House

Please anyone with idea , I only cancelled appt 2times and. Haven't cancelled the 3rd time . I still have a booked date , do I have chance to cancel once more to make it 3 times . Thought it is allowed for 3 cancellation .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Papa50000: 7:37am On Jun 21, 2012
rowlandoo:

Good congrarts bro

Are u UG or Msc . Wot consulate office

Masters, Lagos
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 7:42am On Jun 21, 2012
Papa50000:

Masters, Lagos

Ok can't wait to read your experience .

U have any idea if I can stil cancel my appt the third time?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by samiel4u(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2012
@ NL
Angel of favour ia at work again
@ papa5000....pls post your interview for other applicant to read and grab more confidence.
seems most fall applicant here are scheduled for July and august.
Congratulobia......those that have gotten their visa
Who is next?[b][/b] wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Papa50000: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2012
@rowlandoo
Not sure about date cancellation stuffs tho, you can call the US consulate call center on 09-460-1748, they are quite friendly and will answer your appointment questions better.

@samiel4u
Will post my interview soon. cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 9:33am On Jun 21, 2012
@papa5000

Which VO there seems nice to you and which one shud one avoid o .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 9:34am On Jun 21, 2012
@papa5000

Which VO there seems nice to you and which one shud one avoid o .thanks for the number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kennix73: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2012
so wearing a suit isn't good for an F1-visa interview.
Please house answer me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2012
kennix73: so wearing a suit isn't good for an F1-visa interview.
Please house answer me.

Suit ke? Shei na Business Contract you wan go bid for Embassy ni? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Well, you can wear whatever makes you feel good and comfortable but you shouldn't appear too formal. Na Book you wan go read for yankee ooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Papa50000: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2012
@rowlandoo
You cant choose the VO you want. But they all have a question asking pattern I think. Study them if you can before it gets to your turn. This forum has covered all types of questions though. If you prepare well, You will be able to handle what comes your way.

@kennix73
Know something, just dress smart suit or no suit, they gave 2 suit guys in my presence and they gave a young guy that did not tuck in. Just look like the case you presenting. Just be professional.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2012
Please house answer me.

Its ok with an HAT . So u can scare d vo to grant u grin
Bro no try m , just look simple and relaxed . Collar shirt with nice pant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by damilola15: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2012
Haven't had time to read through the thread, but I want to confirm something.

For those who went to do their Masters degree, was your NYSC certificate asked for at the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
For those who haven't booked yet. I just assisted someone in booking a few minutes ago. The July dates available are 30th and 31st july @ Lagos Embassy. If you haven't booked yet or you want a early date, (And you haven't cancelled already scheduled appointment dates more than 2 times) Please, you can rush at this available dates. Best of Luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ChitownBase: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
deevick246: For those who haven't booked yet. I just assisted someone in booking a few minutes ago. The July dates available are 30th and 31st july @ Lagos Embassy. If you haven't booked yet or you want a early date, (And you haven't cancelled already scheduled appointment dates more than 2 times) Please, you can rush at this available dates. Best of Luck.

thanks for the info becos my friend wants to book...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ollydon(m): 3:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
phy:

WES is an independent body that converts international transcripts to its US equivalent. You have to register with WES, pay evaluation fee, send your transcript to them from your school, they'll in turn confirm this and then carryout the evaluation. A copy will then be sent to your school.
thanks man..but I already sent d transcripts to †ће school without evaluating it .does this mean I'm in some kinda trouble?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 5:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
Anyone with GRE official guide?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 6:03pm On Jun 21, 2012
damilola15: Haven't had time to read through the thread, but I want to confirm something.

For those who went to do their Masters degree, was your NYSC certificate asked for at the embassy?

NYSC cert is not really required, I'm not sure if that could pose any issue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by geeee: 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
Hello House,

Tanx for the other time. I was able to get the Sevis ID from the skul.

I have another issue, the skul i applied to actually waived toefl for me because i got a gud score in my Essay but my gmat score was not too good.i had 400,do i need to write Toefl b4 i go for the interview? My date is ending of July.
The is skul in Texas.
Please house your quick response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 10:14pm On Jun 21, 2012

energy.

Congrats!!! Wish you a pleasant stay when you get here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 10:15pm On Jun 21, 2012
Papa50000:
Hello House,

Congrats!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
Please house answer me.

It depends on you and your mindset. On my own day, I wore a suit because I presumed I would be going to work from the embassy and besides, I felt since I was a banker then, it would only show I wasn't desperate since my interview was for 10am which indicated I must have gone to work before coming that day. The only thing was I did not use a tie. Just wear whatever would make you feel cool, neat and comfortable.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (101)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.