Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,528 members, 7,920,989 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:41 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (214708 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2012
xtus:

whts d name of d sch and are u going for masters or undergraduate program

EMU . Information system
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by toseen123: 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ollydon: bro, and Ʊ got admission with that? Buh N̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣ scholarship or grants sha right?
Naaaaa.....no scholarship oo..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by freeR1: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2012
rowlandoo:

Embassy purpose .,

The school write I have proven the english proficiency on my I-20

I think you should pray hard to get the report before your interview, that will do a lot of good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2012
sunboy: Finally managed to pay my sevis yesterday @ Seme border, was charged $240, thank God I held some $20s I had sometime ago.
Just checked my status now, my online receipt is ready but the status is pending. I'm I just good to go with a print out of the receipt?

Was it at the border u paid , why 240$ and what do I have to do when I get to border coz it seems I will need to re pay the fee again as dem no wan make I trnasfer o . Minute considering going to idi iroko tomororw . What do I do when I get there .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ollydon(m): 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2012
toseen123:
Naaaaa.....no scholarship oo..
buh your high skul results were good right? What's ur major?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 5:30pm On Jun 24, 2012
rowlandoo:

Was it at the border u paid , why 240$ and what do I have to do when I get to border coz it seems I will need to re pay the fee again as dem no wan make I trnasfer o . Minute considering going to idi iroko tomororw . What do I do when I get there .

I also paid mine at cotonou during the week, wednesday to be precise, it was hectic but i paid at ecobank...i also passed thru idiroko route...u can pay at portnovo or even at igolo nearby idiroko there...but i wasted time going all the way to cotonou but my payment has been received and i've printed my online sevis receipt already...so wen u get to idiroko just pass thru d border it's pretty easy...and dnt forget to change some naira to cepha at igolo...i paid my western union fee in cepha as they didn't accept the $200 with me i had to change it back to their currency which cost me extra....so friend all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ChitownBase: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2012
Ollydon: bro, and Ʊ got admission with that? Buh N̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣ scholarship or grants sha right?

[color=#770077][/color]
just tell dem thats the minimum score required from the sckool to gain admission...so just try to be smart and prayerful u might be lucky with that score and get visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by toseen123: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2012
[quote author=Ollydon] buh your high skul results were good right? What's ur major?[/quote
Sure.....major is mis.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kaycome: 6:42pm On Jun 24, 2012
Fwends longaest time i have been to this thread. Actualy i went for my youth and network there is sumtin else. How far imperioux i salute u wit al the skool work u stil dey manage cum this forum. Infact u and odas are too much. Wel my 1-20 is ready i want to pay for my booking fee tomorow. Pl house can i stil get a date in july?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2012
walex57:

I also paid mine at cotonou during the week, wednesday to be precise, it was hectic but i paid at ecobank...i also passed thru idiroko route...u can pay at portnovo or even at igolo nearby idiroko there...but i wasted time going all the way to cotonou but my payment has been received and i've printed my online sevis receipt already...so wen u get to idiroko just pass thru d border it's pretty easy...and dnt forget to change some naira to cepha at igolo...i paid my western union fee in cepha as they didn't accept the $200 with me i had to change it back to their currency which cost me extra....so friend all the best.

Please, is 200 dolls the total money u paid. So people are paying 240, while odas re paying 200 as u did.. Please did u pay anyti extra, and if u did, ow much extra did u pay. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ollydon(m): 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2012
[quote author=toseen123][/quote] what's mis? †ће course wanna study! Dats wah I meant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
leadzeal:

Please, is 200 dolls the total money u paid. So people are paying 240, while odas re paying 200 as u did.. Please did u pay anyti extra, and if u did, ow much extra did u pay. Thanks

Yeah the bank collected an extra $25 so i paid $225 in total minus t-fare ooo...that was around 36500 Naira that i paid...117,000 cephas according to their currency...I think the extra pay or commission depends on the bank you pay at... with 40k you should be ok including t-fare...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nevawory: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2012
Please house
my interview is so close
dis is wat i have
GRE Q=156
V=146
A=3.0
Toefl =93
please wat is the chances for masters student in Engineering
school gpa is second class upper 3.85/5
as evaluated by WES is 3.44/4.0
my question is
1) is it better to show WES Evaluated copy(will it be accepted @ the embassy)or only sch xcript is better?
2)On my GRE score shit there are only 3 schools one USA two CANAD shld i tell d VO i applied to sch in canada too wat if they ask y not canada y USA wat do i say
3)I have more than one GRE report sheet so should i take all to the embassy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2012
nevawory: Please house
my interview is so close
dis is wat i have
GRE Q=156
V=146
A=3.0
Toefl =93
my question is
1) is it better to show WES Evaluated copy(will it be accepted @ the embassy)or only sch xcript is better?
2)On my GRE score shit there are only 3 schools one USA two CANAD shld i tell d VO i applied to sch in canada too wat if they ask y not canada y USA wat do i say

Take whatever document(s) that will ensure you get your visa including all transcripts both the one evaluated by WES and school...about your GRE score and the appled schools...i feel it's an advantage that u didn't consider the US alone in your search for quality education, that should show you're not desperate to get into their country...just tell the VO that the school in the US was the best choice for you amongst the three you applied to and include your area of interest...i'm also an engineering grad and will be having my interview in about a weeks time at the consulate...above all...pray a lot and have faith you'll get it....any other better or counter opinion will be appreciated...all the best...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by nevawory: 10:19pm On Jun 24, 2012
walex57:

Take whatever document(s) that will ensure you get your visa including all transcripts both the one evaluated by WES and school...about your GRE score and the appled schools...i feel it's an advantage that u didn't consider the US alone in your search for quality education, that should show you're not desperate to get into their country...just tell the VO that the school in the US was the best choice for you amongst the three you applied to and include your area of interest...i'm also an engineering grad and will be having my interview in about a weeks time at the consulate...above all...pray a lot and have faith you'll get it....any other better or counter opinion will be appreciated...all the best...

@wale thanks
d truth is i applied to like four schools in USA and 2 in canada but i have different score sheet like i sed before i have a score sheet dat has d sch i will be attendin in US and 2 d two in canada and i also have d anoda sch sheet with oda schs in d us dat i applied so shld i go with all dese will it not pose desperation?

2)As regards d WES copy i have actually d result was sent to a diff sch with i will not be attendin does dis matter?

3)Wen is ur sch resumin n wat branch of engr
u can hook me up at nevawory@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:15am On Jun 25, 2012
@kaycome,

Long time friend. I got no choice than to check in here before going to bed everyday, checking on how guyz run things here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 12:18am On Jun 25, 2012
nevawory: Please house
my interview is so close
dis is wat i have
GRE Q=156
V=146
A=3.0
Toefl =93
my question is

1) You see that WES evaluation, it worths more than your Nigerian school transcript being that it has passed through professional transcript certification, converted to US standard and easy to digest by all american scholar.
2) Thats not problem, you are facing US visa interview because that's the one that gave your admission or the one you love most because of their state of art facilities or US having leading schools compared to canada schools.
3) Take all what you've but the valid one is the only thing you need brother.

nevawory:

@wale thanks
d truth is i applied to like four schools in USA and 2 in canada but i have different score sheet like i sed before i have a score sheet dat has d sch i will be attendin in US and 2 d two in canada and i also have d anoda sch sheet with oda schs in d us dat i applied so shld i go with all dese will it not pose desperation?

2)As regards d WES copy i have actually d result was sent to a diff sch with i will not be attendin does dis matter?

3)Wen is ur sch resumin n wat branch of engr
u can hook me up at nevawory@yahoo.com

2) Even the evaluated copy carries kafanchan and you want to use to enter warri, it doesn't matter so far it is a true evaluated copy from wes, you are good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by overrated: 12:46am On Jun 25, 2012
hey guys, i have my interview in 2 days and i have a prob.. My parents scanned a copy of their bnk statement to me cos i aint in naija.. does that matter? or shld i jst use my bank statement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by djunit1(m): 1:08am On Jun 25, 2012
[quote author=overrated]hey guys, i have my interview in 2 days and i have a prob.. My parents scanned a copy of their bnk statement to me cos i aint in naija.. does that matter? or shld i jst use my bank statement?[/quote

Carry wetin you get go.... If they ask you why you don't have the original tell them a story like your parents sent it in the mail but it got lost so you asked them to scan and send you a copy cos it is urgent. People too dey fear for everything self
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Papa50000: 1:12am On Jun 25, 2012
I picked up my visa Friday at the lekki office. This is how my interview went.

VO: What school
Told him
VO: Why this school?
Told him.
There are many reasons that makes your own school unique. I got this kind of information from the school website.
VO: Looks at my I_20 and asks who wants to sponsor you?
I told him my elder brother
VO: He says so your elder brother has all this money?
I told him yes o(yes sir, no say yes o lol)
VO: He says what does he do?
He owns a ___ business and I work for the company too.
VO: what does the company do, I told him.
VO: He asked me to list the assets we own
I listed it(Use professional terms where necessary)
VO: What is the revenue of the company?
I told him
VO: He says he meant revenue not income. Dunno why he wanted revenue and income story> I told him the revenue and income sharply.
VO: What university did you attend.
I told him
VO: Did u write a test
I said Gmat
VO: Where is the test result
I showed him
He goes through the test results
VO: Did you apply to any other schools?
YES 2 SCHOOLS
VO: He says what schools
Listed it, A and B
VO: He said did I get accepted?
I said I got accepted to B
VO: But not A?
I said I was not accepted to A
VO: What is your salary?
I told him
VO: You earn that?
I said yes o(yes sir, no say yes o lol)
VO: He then said what will I do when I finish my program
I said I will take on more duties at the firm I work for. ride on and say the specifics linking it to what you will gain in your masters or undergraduate program.
After he gave me the ticket. He chatted me up a bit. after which I said thank you and pulled out.
Quotes in this forum kept me going as I took out 2-3 weeks preparing for my interview.

Keys I think worked for me.
1. I dressed well. Some say dress well, some say it does not matter. See what I think, to be on the safe side I think u should. There are some questions they will ask you, your image will help you convey the answer more than your answer itself. Look like the case you presenting. I don't mean if you are a civil engineer that you should wear an helmet. lol. My thoughts.
2. Be humble. If u make a mistake like I did in an instance look and act sorry, not too sorry sha, Like sorry sir I did not know that is what you meant. Be brave and listen attentively for the next questions so your shine comes back. The VO gave the guy before me the green ticket, but the guy before this guy was I dont know what word. The VO asked him what university did you attended, he said, I attended the prestigious University of ....... I wonder why the word prestigious! What is your salary? He said my basic salary is about 170 thousand and allowances are bla bla bla. I think concise answers help. His whole interview went along that line. Then it got to what was your favorite subject in school? He said accounting. then what is accounting? He did not define it well from what I heard sha..
3. if he chats you up... respond well and interestingly
4. Did not know he was giving me till he cut the ticket...So u have to be composed all thru...hope for the best in that little time.
God is on the throne. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 6:30am On Jun 25, 2012
Papa50000: I picked up my visa Friday at the lekki office. This is how my interview went.

Told him
Told him.
There are many reasons that makes your own school unique. I got this kind of information from the school website.
I told him
VO: He says he meant revenue not income. Dunno why he wanted revenue and income story> I told him the revenue and income sharply.
I told him
I said Gmat
I showed him
YES 2 SCHOOLS
Listed it, A and B
I told him
I said I will take on more duties at the firm I work for. ride on and say the specifics linking it to what you will gain in your masters or undergraduate program.
After he gave me the ticket. He chatted me up a bit. after which I said thank you and pulled out.
Quotes in this forum kept me going as I took out 2-3 weeks preparing for my interview.

1. I dressed well. Some say dress well, some say it does not matter. See what I think, to be on the safe side I think u should. There are some questions they will ask you, your image will help you convey the answer more than your answer itself. Look like the case you presenting. I don't mean if you are a civil engineer that you should wear an helmet. lol. My thoughts.
2. Be humble. If u make a mistake like I did in an instance look and act sorry, not too sorry sha, Like sorry sir I did not know that is what you meant. Be brave and listen attentively for the next questions so your shine comes back. The VO gave the guy before me the green ticket, but the guy before this guy was I dont know what word. The VO asked him what university did you attended, he said, I attended the prestigious University of ....... I wonder why the word prestigious! What is your salary? He said my basic salary is about 170 thousand and allowances are bla bla bla. I think concise answers help. His whole interview went along that line. Then it got to what was your favorite subject in school? He said accounting. then what is accounting? He did not define it well from what I heard sha..
4. Did not know he was giving me till he cut the ticket...So u have to be composed all thru...hope for the best in that little time.

I celebrate your successful F1 Visa interview. However when you drop the goodnew initially you sounded as if it was just the standardised test score you were required to present but reading your interview experience proper revealed that you had an interactive/friendly interview.
Thanks for all the advice and comments.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 8:54am On Jun 25, 2012
@papa5000

Congrat , con tie me go nah .

I knew u do get it like I will do soonest . So were there enuf issuance for student at lagos .

@house

Let ball it up for july
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 9:21am On Jun 25, 2012
Congrats Papa50000, enjoy your stay in the US..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 10:17am On Jun 25, 2012
Papa50000: I picked up my visa Friday at the lekki office. This is how my interview went.

Told him
Told him.
I told him
I told him
I said Gmat
I showed him
YES 2 SCHOOLS
Listed it, A and B
I told him

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yomifola(m): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2012
Papa d papa... Congrat broooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by AnikaShiloh: 11:47am On Jun 25, 2012
I and my husband are both going for F1 visa interview in July. Both going for MPH at the same school. Does anyone have an idea if we can interviewed together or not?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kennix73: 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2012
@papa50000, congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by smartmachine(m): 2:12pm On Jun 25, 2012
@ papa50000
congrat
kpolli:

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2012
Anika Shiloh: I and my husband are both going for F1 visa interview in July. Both going for MPH at the same school. Does anyone have an idea if we can interviewed together or not?

Separately you came into world, separately you guys would be tested on that day and granting is like probability in mathematics either red or white, white or red, both red and white, none of the two.....you know what I mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2012
@Imperioux

0boss which skul u dey 4 yankee...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2012
kcluv2men: @Imperioux

0boss which skul u dey 4 yankee...

Not on here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 3:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
imperiouxx:

Not on here.

Boss...how can we talk then.What's ur I'd? FacebooK or yahoo...

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (101)

On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.