Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,718 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:08 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1053540 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AkeAlbert: 9:01pm On Oct 27, 2017
ronvlaar:

Wow, I told u bro
Coman share good news here on Monday o ✔✔
For sure bro, coming to testify here as soon as I get my passport...
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by benugo(m): 9:08pm On Oct 27, 2017
Hello House,

Please, I need assistance in getting a small bag to the UK this November. Content of bag is my research raw materials (i.e. Seeds for my experiments). I am presently at University of Birmingham.

Please anyone coming to the UK or to Birmingham?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2017
Osinachi1290:
what is R FGN? I wedded in the Anglican church and I used mine.
I meant Federal Republic of Nigeria marriage certificate which has form "E" written at the top corner. Thanks for the reply. I feel very relieved knowing you used a church issued licenced certificate and you were successful. Read quite a few times in some threads that marriage certificate not issued in a registry especially churches, licensed or not, isn't recognised by embassies. Glad to know it's a rumour.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 9:19pm On Oct 27, 2017
justwise:

I don't see that as an issue or read from anybody here who got refused because of that.
Thanks @justwise. I feel really excited to see your reply. I have read your comments and replies to questions for months and it feels good hearing directly from you. grin
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 9:32pm On Oct 27, 2017
Lamakinde:

Original Marriage certificate (Not Nigerian local govt) Federal Marriage Registry or UK recognised.
The comment by @lamakinde got me worried. My marriage certificate issued from Redeemed Church bears The Marriage Act, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Underneath "Local government unified marriage certificate. Please @Lamakinde and @justwise is this different from a certificate issued in a federal marriage registry?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
foxyvisa:

The comment by @lamakinde got me worried. My marriage certificate issued from Redeemed Church bears The Marriage Act, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Underneath "Local government unified marriage certificate. Please @Lamakinde and @justwise is this different from a certificate issued in a federal marriage registry?

Its good that you raised this issue because i also wanted to find out if British embassy rejects marriage certificate issued by local govt.

@lamakinde can you explain that?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 9:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
foxyvisa:

Thanks @justwise. I feel really excited to see your reply. I have read your comments and replies to questions for months and it feels good hearing directly from you. grin
grin grin its all good.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2017
Bond140:

Thank you @justwise for the response but unfortunately I can not sit for the correct test because without my passport which I submitted with the application I cannot write the test. The only option is the UK NARIC. To get transcript is a problem because schools only forward the transcripts to schools not individuals and I need the transcripts for upload on the UK Naric site for them to process it. I just don't know what to do now whether to apply with statement of results only?

I hope this information isn't coming late. You can get your transcript by hand from your university if you narrate your plight at the faculty or senate level. It's being done several times but peeps really don't talk about it because it's not supposed to be so. It all depends on how long it takes for your department, faculty and senate to process the transcript.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
foxyvisa:

I hope this information isn't coming late. You can get your transcript by hand from your university if you narrate your plight at the faculty or senate level. It's being done several times but peeps really don't talk about it because it's not supposed to be so. It all depends on how long it takes for your department, faculty and senate to process the transcript.

Not coming late, this is a valid info
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:29pm On Oct 27, 2017
Lamakinde:

I concur. Thanks.

Hi @lamakinde i re did my application and was able to sort out my IHS, for some reason, I filled out a part of the form that I wasn’t meant to, seeing as my spouse is a citizen. That is what incurred the £2603. When I refilled the form, I got a fee of £650 or so for my IHS. Just wanted to give you feedback and extend my gratitude to everyone. If not for this forum I would have made my hubby pay such a ridiculous amount.

It pays to read carefully. lol. Cheers
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 10:34pm On Oct 27, 2017
justwise:

Its good that you raised this issue because i also wanted to find out if British embassy rejects marriage certificate issued by local govt.

I think I read it somewhere that the embassy doesn’t recognise local government marriage certs. It’s might have been under this topic or elsewhere. Regardless, if the federal republic of Nigeria doesn’t recognise weddings conducted by the LGs (because they have been labelled unfit to conduct marriage ceremonies by the govt) then I don’t think it’s safe to assume that the UK would recognise the LG certs.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by chilove02: 1:50am On Oct 28, 2017
Hello gurus in the house, I have been following this forum for a while though just registered recently because I believe in what you guys are doing, keep up the good job.
Please I am in the process of applying for a spouse visa for my partner but I still have few questions to ask.

First of all do I need to be in a permanent job to be able to sponsor him. I am based in Uk while he lives in Nigeria.
I need to know pls as my recent job is killing me but I do have a second job with an agency though not in permanent contract with them.

Justwise and the rest of the gurus pls I need your help.

Thank you.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Bond140: 3:22am On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:

Here is the response I got from Naric when I asked if I can begin the application with my statement of result
"Thank you for your message.

You are very welcome to begin your application with your current documentation, as in some instances we are able to process an application without the final certificate, however this is not guaranteed.

You can request your institution to forward your transcripts directly to us so that we can add them to your application. If applying for an English language assessment, then we will also require a medium of instruction letter from your institution in an official letter format confirming that your course was taught solely in English.

Kind regards,

UK NARIC
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:27am On Oct 28, 2017
chilove02:
Hello gurus in the house, I have been following this forum for a while though just registered recently because I believe in what you guys are doing, keep up the good job.
Please I am in the process of applying for a spouse visa for my partner but I still have few questions to ask.

First of all do I need to be in a permanent job to be able to sponsor him. I am based in Uk while he lives in Nigeria.
I need to know pls as my recent job is killing me but I do have a second job with an agency though not in permanent contract with them.

Justwise and the rest of the gurus pls I need your help.

Thank you.

You need a permanent job that pays at less £18600 a year or you can use your savings if it meets the requirement.

Read the financial requirement aspect of the rule so as to know how to go about it
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 6:30am On Oct 28, 2017
Aphrodite007:

I think I read it somewhere that the embassy doesn’t recognise local government marriage certs. It’s might have been under this topic or elsewhere. Regardless, if the federal republic of Nigeria doesn’t recognise weddings conducted but the LGs (because they have been labelled unfit to conduct marriage ceremonies by the govt) then I don’t think it’s safe to assume that the UK would recognise the LGs.

I'm coming across this for the first time, hopefully people who have used local gvt registry will help out with personal experience.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 8:06am On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

I'm coming across this for the first time, hopefully people who have used local gvt registry will help out with personal experience.

Okay I am officially worried. It's obvious the certificate issued from Redeemed church is that of local government and that's the only certificate i have and intend submitting next week for my spouse visa application. @justwise, pleeeease i wish you can press for information concerning the success rate of those who have applied with their licenced church Marriage Act Certificate issued to them.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 9:29am On Oct 28, 2017
@Justwise and the house I just read this on another thread concerning marriage certificates issued by local government carrying the "local government unified marriage certificate" on the Marriage Act Certificates. This spells doom for those intending to use their certificates at embassies.

ekwynox:
The issue here is that the Ministry of Interior has written embassies to stop acknowledging the 'Local Government Unified Marriage Certificate'. The US Department of State, which used to accept these local government issued certificates, has updated its website to show that it no longer accepts such.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NI.html

They're issuing 'Request for further evidence' if you have the local government version of the marriage certificate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:
@Justwise and the house I just read this on another thread concerning marriage certificates issued by local government carrying the "local government unified marriage certificate" on the Marriage Act Certificates. This spells doom for those intending to use their certificates at embassies.

[b][/b]

I'm still wondering why nobody has been refused based on this for the pat 7-8 yrs i have been here, does it mean that they all submitted marriage certificate from federal registry court?

We will keep researching about this.

Good job from you though.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 10:28am On Oct 28, 2017
Am really sorry senior justwise like to come in there .
When I was applying I went through people's application I saw they got letter from land lord that its okay for their spouse to live there even on this platform cos some landlord might just want only one tentant .
Even us we got the tenancy agreement and a letter that he is aware of my coming and he is fine with it .
That lettter from landlord wont be bad . cheesy

justwise:

The applicant doesn't need to add his or her own bank statement or letter from employer, the sponsor needs to submit all that.

Tenancy agreement is enough you don't need to add receipt of rent payment.

If you are renting 1 or two bedroom flat you don't need a letter from your landlord allowing your wife or husband to live with you, show me where that is mentioned as a requirement. You only need a letter from landlord in the case of multiple occupation accommodation
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 10:36am On Oct 28, 2017
Aphrodite007:

I think I read it somewhere that the embassy doesn’t recognise local government marriage certs. It’s might have been under this topic or elsewhere. Regardless, if the federal republic of Nigeria doesn’t recognise weddings conducted by the LGs (because they have been labelled unfit to conduct marriage ceremonies by the govt) then I don’t think it’s safe to assume that the UK would recognise the LG certs.

Personal experience
I was asked if I will use my certificate to travel I said yes . Cos my hubby is British I was going to apply to join him
I was told not to go local I should get married at federal if am applying at embassy .
Federal is recognized .
That was what I was told .
Hope this helps .

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 10:39am On Oct 28, 2017
joygirl2017:
Am really sorry senior justwise like to come in there .
When I was applying I went through people's application I saw they got letter from land lord that its okay for their spouse to live there even on this platform cos some landlord might just want only one tentant .
Even us we got the tenancy agreement and a letter that he is aware of my coming and he is fine with it .
That lettter from landlord wont be bad . cheesy

You might have added that and got your visa because you saw other people who did, however many did not add it and still get their visas.

If i'm renting 1 or 2 bedroom flat and paying all my bills why would i need to ask the landlord if my wife can live with me?

If my rent is bills inclusive or in case of multiple occupant accommodation then i will need a letter from my landlord because additional person will increase the bills.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by joygirl2017(f): 10:41am On Oct 28, 2017
AkeAlbert:
For sure bro, coming to testify here as soon as I get my passport...

Congratulations ahead
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 12:37pm On Oct 28, 2017
If the applicant has savings that can boost the financial requirement, then he or she will need to include bank statement. It's even in the financial form (question like 'does your savings, pensions etc with sponsors salary meet the financial requirement?). I had to add my savings to exceed the financial requirement for myself and 3 kids since hubbys annual salary cannot cover for all of us. meanwhile the bulk amounts needs to be explained with proof so they don't think somebody borrowed one the money.
justwise:

The applicant doesn't need to add his or her own bank statement or letter from employer, the sponsor needs to submit all that.

Tenancy agreement is enough you don't need to add receipt of rent payment.

If you are renting 1 or two bedroom flat you don't need a letter from your landlord allowing your wife or husband to live with you, show me where that is mentioned as a requirement. You only need a letter from landlord in the case of multiple occupation accommodation
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2017
I also read about our federal govt banning LG wedding but I submitted both certificates -Badagry registry and catholic church certificate) I initially submitted the same 2 for my son's application for his British passport and it was granted this year so I don't know which was accepted.
justwise:

I'm still wondering why nobody has been refused based on this for the pat 7-8 yrs i have been here, does it mean that they all submitted marriage certificate from federal registry court?

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Oct 28, 2017
deebaby05:
If the applicant has savings that can boost the financial requirement, then he or she will need to include bank statement. It's even in the financial form (question like 'does your savings, pensions etc with sponsors salary meet the financial requirement?). I had to add my savings to exceed the financial requirement for myself and 3 kids since hubbys annual salary cannot cover for all of us. meanwhile the bulk amounts needs to be explained with proof so they don't think somebody borrowed one the money.

That's slightly different case as your contribution will help your sponsor meet the financial requirement, outside that I don't see the need if the sponsor meets the financial requirement.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
deebaby05:
I also read about our federal govt banning LG wedding but I submitted both certificates -Badagry registry and catholic church certificate) I initially submitted the same 2 for my son's application for his British passport and it was granted this year so I don't know which was accepted.

I think the British embassy is silent on the issue of marriage certificate coming from local /federal government because it wasn't even mentioned in guidelines.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 1:54pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

@Justwise, there is a court ruling around July/August in Nigeria that nullifies Local Government Marriage certificates. I will try to check any link related to that.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 1:55pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

The ongoing court case has been this year 2017. So previous applications before the sanctions from ministry of interiors won't be affected. I pray British embassy doesn't include this in their requirements.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

That's slightly different case as your contribution will help your sponsor meet the financial requirement, outside that I don't see the need if the sponsor meets the financial requirement.

This is where I talk about different circumstances to various applicants. In my case I included my bank accounts to support the application since I don't see it changing anything as my wife had to reduce her hours despite earning enough and it reflected in her P60. We had to explain in the other information.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
deebaby05:

@deebaby05 Did you really use a local government issued marriage certificate and Catholic church certificate for a spouse visa application and you were successful this year 2017?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
@justwise and house, I am seriously confused if I and hubby should go ahead with submitting of our UK spouse visa application this week because of our local government issued marriage certificate and church certificate. Hubby is currently in UK and all this is sooo confusing especially since we have been putting documents together all through the year and finally ready for submission
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:

The ongoing court case has been this year 2017. So previous applications before the sanctions from ministry of interiors won't be affected. I pray British embassy doesn't include this in their requirements.

Please read the link below, it was in May 2017 thereabouts http://thenigerialawyer.com/court-declares-ikeja-local-government-and-other-local-governments-marriage-certificate-unconstitutional/
I believe they ware challenging it but yet to see any link related to that yet.

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.