Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,408 members, 7,901,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:40 AM

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 - Travel (328) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 (1057568 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (511) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 2:26pm On Oct 28, 2017
U guys are scaring me o, we used RCCG certificate obtained via the local govt for our wedding..
God is in charge ���
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2017
ronvlaar:
U guys are scaring me o, we used RCCG certificate obtained via the local govt for our wedding..
God is in charge ���

Nobody is saying it will affect your application. We are only saying the obvious as per Nigerian Law Court rulings recently. This happened in May 2017 and as I read in the ruling, the Judge instructed that the certificates should be returned to the Local Govts in exchange for the Federal Marriage Registry Form E backed by the constitution.
We can only ascertain the situation from anyone who used one and got their Visa approved.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
ronvlaar:
God is in charge ���

@ronvlaar Have you submitted your application yet? Because we seem to be in the same boat as regards having Redeemed church certificate obtained via local government.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:00pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lamakinde:

@Justwise, there is a court ruling around July/August in Nigeria that nullifies Local Government Marriage certificates. I will try to check any link related to that.

Lamakinde:

Please read the link below, it was in May 2017 thereabouts http://thenigerialawyer.com/court-declares-ikeja-local-government-and-other-local-governments-marriage-certificate-unconstitutional/
I believe they ware challenging it but yet to see any link related to that yet.

foxyvisa:

The ongoing court case has been this year 2017. So previous applications before the sanctions from ministry of interiors won't be affected. I pray British embassy doesn't include this in their requirements.

This is clearer now though the British embassy hasn't updated or mentioned this on their website so I'm not sure it will affect anyone who submitted local government marriage certificate
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:03pm On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:
@justwise and house, I am seriously confused if I and hubby should go ahead with submitting of our UK spouse visa application this week because of our local government issued marriage certificate and church certificate. Hubby is currently in UK and all this is sooo confusing especially since we have been putting documents together all through the year and finally ready for submission

When was the certificate issued?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

When was the certificate issued?

@justwise September, 2016
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:

@ronvlaar Have you submitted your application yet? Because we seem to be in the same boat as regards having Redeemed church certificate obtained via local government.

Did my biometric on d 28th August, just waiting to hear from them..
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2017
Lamakinde:

Nobody is saying it will affect your application. We are only saying the obvious as per Nigerian Law Court rulings recently. This happened in May 2017 and as I read in the ruling, the Judge instructed that the certificates should be returned to the Local Govts in exchange for the Federal Marriage Registry Form E backed by the constitution.
We can only ascertain the situation from anyone who used one and got their Visa approved.

I understand bro, was just saying.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2017
ronvlaar:

Did my biometric on d 28th August, just waiting to hear from them..

You have just become my new focus on the thread.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:

@justwise September, 2016

I will apply with that certificate if I'm in your situation.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 3:24pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

I will apply with that certificate if I'm in your situation.
Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I have been in panic mode all day. With God we will scale through and record success

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I have been in panic mode all day. With God we will scale through and record success

I got this from that link:

By this judgement, intending couples are to ensure that the type of certificates issued to them by local government marriage registries conform with the one issued by the Federal Marriage Registry in Form E while already married couples are to return their irregular and illegal marriage certificates to the local governments in exchange for the proper ones
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

You might have added that and got your visa because you saw other people who did, however many did not add it and still get their visas.

If i'm renting 1 or 2 bedroom flat and paying all my bills why would i need to ask the landlord if my wife can live with me?

If my rent is bills inclusive or in case of multiple occupant accommodation then i will need a letter from my landlord because additional person will increase the bills.

Ok please help me get clarity on this case @justwise. My hubby stays with his besty in a 2 bedroom duplex and their bills are exclusive and shared between both of them. Do I still need a letter from his agency stating that I can stay with him?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by ronvlaar: 8:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:

You have just become my new focus on the thread.

Lol
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:
@justwise and house, I am seriously confused if I and hubby should go ahead with submitting of our UK spouse visa application this week because of our local government issued marriage certificate and church certificate. Hubby is currently in UK and all this is sooo confusing especially since we have been putting documents together all through the year and finally ready for submission

My heart goes out to you. I just can’t imagine myself in your situation right now. I would just be crying, the distance is not easy at all. Anyway I think the decision is solely yours to take and not the house’s. If yourvwikling to risk losing that £1500 then why not, submit the certs and see. If it’s s huge amount, then you should reconsider. Maybe hubby can return and redo another wedding with you (it won’t cost so much if he is of Nigerian descent but if he is white, lol God will provide, those Abuja registry people wanted to use us and do money-making venture!)

So think deep, pray and decide, but remember, peter walked on water too (nothing beyond God).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Aphrodite007(f): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2017
Aphrodite007:

My heart goes out to you. I just can’t imagine myself in your situation right now. I would just be crying, the distance is not easy at all.

Anyway I think the decision is solely yours to take and not the house’s. If you’re willing to risk losing that £1500 then why not, submit the certs and see. However, If it’s a huge amount to lose, then you should reconsider. Maybe hubby can return to Nigeria and redo another wedding with you (it won’t cost so much if he is of Nigerian descent but if he is white, lol God will provide, those Abuja registry people wanted to use us and do money-making venture!)

So think deep, pray and decide, but remember, peter walked on water (nothing beyond God).
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 9:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
justwise:

I got this from that link:

[/b]

@justwise concerning couples returning certificate in exchange for the federal version, the local government registries won't accept. Part of the reason they are still in court. They claim they are lawfully right. It's the masses that will bear the pain between the federal and local government war.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2017
Aphrodite007:

My heart goes out to you. I just can’t imagine myself in your situation right now. I would just be crying, the distance is not easy at all. Anyway I think the decision is solely yours to take and not the house’s. If yourvwikling to risk losing that £1500 then why not, submit the certs and see. If it’s s huge amount, then you should reconsider. Maybe hubby can return and redo another wedding with you (it won’t cost so much if he is of Nigerian descent but if he is white, lol God will provide, those Abuja registry people wanted to use us and do money-making venture!)

So think deep, pray and decide, but remember, peter walked on water too (nothing beyond God).

Hubby is Nigerian but had no plans of coming into the country, at least not until i join him. If we go the route of remarriage, that will be extra cost (ticket etc). Then we will fall under application immediately after marriage and I feel eyebrows will be raised.
Decided to go through with the application, everything is intact. We look unto God for favour.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
foxyvisa:

Hubby is Nigerian but had no plans of coming into the country, at least not until i join him. If we go the route of remarriage, that will be extra cost (ticket etc). Then we will fall under application immediately after marriage and I feel eyebrows will be raised.
Decided to go through with the application, everything is intact. We look unto God for favour.

All is well.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by deebaby05(f): 10:47pm On Oct 28, 2017
I used both for my baby's British passport application cos they asked for our marriage cert and to be on the safe side, I sent them both the LG and Catholic cert, and it was suçcessful so when i applied for my spouse visa in Aug, I decided to do same thing.
foxyvisa:

@deebaby05 Did you really use a local government issued marriage certificate and Catholic church certificate for a spouse visa application and you were successful this year 2017?
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 8:53pm On Oct 29, 2017
deebaby05:
I used both for my baby's British passport applicatio8n cos they asked for our marriage cert and to be on the safe side, I sent them both the LG and Catholic cert, and it was suçcessful so when i applied for my spouse visa in Aug, I decided to do same thing.

Thanks for the reply
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by foxyvisa: 8:55pm On Oct 29, 2017
@Justwise and house At the end of the application forms, there's "Additional information ". Please what do I fill, as I have no child. Trying to wrap my head around the additional information
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by GodandVal: 9:43pm On Oct 29, 2017
justwise:

You have to request for it first

I have written to them and requested they send me the link in the letter.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Lamakinde(m): 8:43am On Oct 30, 2017
foxyvisa:
@Justwise and house At the end of the application forms, there's "Additional information ". Please what do I fill, as I have no child. Trying to wrap my head around the additional information
Write anything that you need them to consider as per your application or whatever you need to explain in a nutshell (I believe you would have mentioned all that in your letter.)
But if you don't have anything to say, then leave it. It's just an opportunity to explain anything that need explanation especially child related for exceptional circumstances.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Allgood2017: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2017
My wife picked up her visa this morning . Thanks to all who answered my questions. Sent the application mid august and got the pickup email on Friday . For a non priority ,was quite fast . Thank God,good luck to all August applicants

5 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 12:16pm On Oct 30, 2017
chilove02:
Hello gurus in the house, I have been following this forum for a while though just registered recently because I believe in what you guys are doing, keep up the good job.
Please I am in the process of applying for a spouse visa for my partner but I still have few questions to ask.

First of all do I need to be in a permanent job to be able to sponsor him. I am based in Uk while he lives in Nigeria.
I need to know pls as my recent job is killing me but I do have a second job with an agency though not in permanent contract with them.

Justwise and the rest of the gurus pls I need your help.

Thank you.

Hi @Chilove02 As at the time my hubby applied march this year, I was working with an agency on a temporary role since February 2016 till when he submitted his application. But the good this was that i was earning more than £18600 when all my weekly wages was summed up after 6months. When i read the Financial requirement guidiance note(Appendix FM_1_7_Financial requirements) page 27, There was an example of a Fashion photographer with varying income.
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 12:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
Aphrodite007:

Ok please help me get clarity on this case @justwise. My hubby stays with his besty in a 2 bedroom duplex and their bills are exclusive and shared between both of them. Do I still need a letter from his agency stating that I can stay with him?

@Aphrodite007 My case is quite similar to yours. When my hubby wanted to put up his application this year, I got a 2 bedroom with my younger sister and the rent and bills was shared between us and we had both our names on virtually all documents related to the house but i was made the lead tenant. She only wrote a letter of consent that she is aware my husband was coming and it was very okay with her for him to live with us. I called a company to carry out a housing inspection with a supporting certificate or letter from them and i provided all my sisters details required in the application form. We got no letter from the agent or Landlord.

1 Like

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Minnienellie24: 12:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
joygirl2017:
Am really sorry senior justwise like to come in there .
When I was applying I went through people's application I saw they got letter from land lord that its okay for their spouse to live there even on this platform cos some landlord might just want only one tentant .
Even us we got the tenancy agreement and a letter that he is aware of my coming and he is fine with it .
That lettter from landlord wont be bad . cheesy

My hubby submitted his application without a letter from the Landlord. Just a letter from the other occupant of the 2 bedroom property.

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by Phoenix77: 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
Pls house, I need to take the IETLS life skills test, who knows of an approved centre in Lagos I can use. Thank you
Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by subomi2: 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
hello my people,

With special thanks to my God Almighty, visa received today 27th October.

Standard application

Nigeria

Bio- 8TH August

Mailed docs - 15th August

Email confirming receipt of my application in Sheffield - August 25th

Felt a need to send 2 recent payslips of my husband, so I called him to pls post it last week Monday just incase they wanted to penalise us because we had 2 payslips that was less £1500 amongst the 6-months we sent because he took days off , even though letter of employment shows he earns over 23k. My husband sha sent it last Monday, just to make me happy. Aug 16th

No call to sponsor, no call to me, the applicant.
No call to employer to the best of husbands knowledge
No mail confirming receipt of docs

Documents returned to husband - October 25th

Email saying application assessed and decision made - October 26th 11am

Email saying come and collect passport - October 26th 5.30pm day 58

Passport collected last friday with a big fat yes!!!

Packing my bags and those of my kids off to be with daddy. It's been a full year and 2wks since he relocated.

I pray for you all, God in heaven will grant you favour and quick answer from HO.

super thanks to you all, Lexus, Just wise, realgeo etc for all, this place is really the place to be, you cant be lost , i got 95% info here. god bless you all.

please where is the next group to join o.

lots of love

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by AkeAlbert: 1:28pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hurray! I got my visa, I want to thank Justwise and Lexus who have taken time out of their busy lives to help people... God bless you guys, you two are amazing. Applied on the 8 of August and got decision and passport ready to collect Friday on day 58... To all waiting, you'd be in my prayers. God is good, thank you Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 by readynow: 1:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
Good afternoon please for those that are celebrating the good news now congratulations. Please want to know
1. How many pics wedding did you submit
2.for other picture is it OK to print in A3 or A4 papers like pics of our outing together on my phone

(1) (2) (3) ... (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) (331) ... (511) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / Usa Visit Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.