Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,203,411 members, 7,985,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 26 October 2024 at 12:42 AM

My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo (2071 Views)

Delta Native Doctor Deals With 2 Teenagers Who Came For Money Rituals (Video) / 40 'Yahoo Boys’ In White At Abuja Estate At Midnight Came For Engagement Party / Man Who Came For Christmas Assassinated In Aguata, Anambra (Obituary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Imredeemed(f): 10:03pm On Oct 14
"My sister-in-law came to my house for Omugwo and was supposed to stay until the second week of December, which is when I planned for her to leave. However, I found out that my mother-in-law called my wife, and they both agreed to send her back to the village earlier than planned. I came home from work one day, and my wife told me her sister would be leaving the next day, even though she had already stayed with us for three months. I had intended for her to leave the second week of December, so I could buy some things for her before she left.

I was upset because I felt that my mother-in-law should have informed me, given that her daughter was staying in my house. Instead, they made the decision without consulting me. When I asked why the rush, they explained that my sister-in-law had secured a job and needed to leave immediately. I was happy for her, but I still felt disrespected by the lack of communication from my mother-in-law.

On the day of her departure, I refused to take them to the park because, as far as I was concerned, I had not been properly informed about her leaving. Later that evening, around 6 p.m., my mom called me, asking me to send money to my sister-in-law because their vehicle had broken down on the road. I was surprised because my mom lives in a different state. When I asked her how she knew about the breakdown, she said my wife had told her, based on what her sister had said. I was frustrated that neither my wife nor my sister-in-law called me directly. I hung up on my mom and put my phone on flight mode.

When I returned home, my wife refused to serve me dinner, and the next day, she didn’t greet me either. After a long week of work, I took Monday off to rest, but my wife started insulting me, complaining that I hadn’t sent money to her sister. The argument escalated to the point where my mother-in-law got involved, calling me and hurling insults. Every time we have an issue, they threaten to send money for my wife’s transport so she can leave, but this time, I’ve made up my mind: she has to go tomorrow, and they must provide the transport for her. They’ve been making excuses, saying they don’t have the money, but I can’t tolerate the insults anymore. What should I do? The situation is becoming unbearable.

4 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by symbianDON(m): 10:08pm On Oct 14
Imredeemed:

"My sister-in-law came to my house for Omugwo and was supposed to stay until the second week of December, which is when I planned for her to leave. However, I found out that my mother-in-law called my wife, and they both agreed to send her back to the village earlier than planned. I came home from work one day, and my wife told me her sister would be leaving the next day, even though she had already stayed with us for three months. I had intended for her to leave the second week of December, so I could buy some things for her before she left.

I was upset because I felt that my mother-in-law should have informed me, given that her daughter was staying in my house. Instead, they made the decision without consulting me. When I asked why the rush, they explained that my sister-in-law had secured a job and needed to leave immediately. I was happy for her, but I still felt disrespected by the lack of communication from my mother-in-law.

On the day of her departure, I refused to take them to the park because, as far as I was concerned, I had not been properly informed about her leaving. Later that evening, around 6 p.m., my mom called me, asking me to send money to my sister-in-law because their vehicle had broken down on the road. I was surprised because my mom lives in a different state. When I asked her how she knew about the breakdown, she said my wife had told her, based on what her sister had said. I was frustrated that neither my wife nor my sister-in-law called me directly. I hung up on my mom and put my phone on flight mode.

When I returned home, my wife refused to serve me dinner, and the next day, she didn’t greet me either. After a long week of work, I took Monday off to rest, but my wife started insulting me, complaining that I hadn’t sent money to her sister. The argument escalated to the point where my mother-in-law got involved, calling me and hurling insults. Every time we have an issue, they threaten to send money for my wife’s transport so she can leave, but this time, I’ve made up my mind: she has to go tomorrow, and they must provide the transport for her. They’ve been making excuses, saying they don’t have the money, but I can’t tolerate the insults anymore. What should I do? The situation is becoming unbearable.
see finish don enter this matter from your wife and mother-in-law.

19 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by illicit(m): 10:45pm On Oct 14
What does it matter if she leaves now or December

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by RealLordZeus(m): 10:57pm On Oct 14
Pettiness flows in the family.. looks like you are beyond this jagaban kareem to still be carrying petty issue for head.

Like.the guy above said, whats the difference between leaving now or December

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by purples25(f): 1:05am On Oct 15
You're really really petty. Making mountains out of molehills because you were not informed of every single movement. Even after being told you still acted dramatically, refusing to pay or take the lady to the park.

How will you live if you hang on to everything like this? You will just become a radical nag. Vex small and then move ahead. Giving yourself bp for nothing.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by ghettochild(m): 1:30am On Oct 15
Oga give her money to go..
Make u get rest of mind o..
U can't be the man of the house n have ur wife disrespect you.

10 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by RealityKings: 3:27am On Oct 15
Haa don't take advice from nairaland o grin
That girl will not sleep the next day under your roof

Its possible they called your mum and not you out of fear and respect. Or probably they were unable to reach you. For this type of situation you have to be a bigger man and over look certain things but with stern complaints and warning.

And if they continue to disrespect you, let them find their own house to live

7 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Gadafii: 4:10am On Oct 15
If your wife can't communicate with you but would rather involve third parties like her mom or your mom or her brother, please kick her out, of what use is marriage if both parties cant communicate effectively.

However for the sake of your newborn, I will advise you forgive her, sit her down and explain to her the importance of communication between the two of you and serious warn her to advise her mother about interfering or insulting you at will, otherwise you will not hesitate to send her to her parents house.

Marriage don pass before when person go dey endure nonsense, if you partner doesn't give you the peace and respect you deserve, cut them loose, don't tolerate nonsense in the name of I don't want my child to grow in a broken home or what will people say, fuckkk all of that

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by DeGods007(m): 5:23am On Oct 15
Please call her and send money to her. Na omugwu she come do for your wife.

I know the economy is responsible for this your behavior....it's not anybody's fault. Look for money and send to her immediately. That's the right thing to do bro.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by LandMann: 5:38am On Oct 15
Your wife is a foolish woman and too attached to her own family

The first time they threatened to send her transport to leave your house, you'd have called their bluff and demanded they send the transport or she'll be living in the streets, send her out of your house yourself.

You seem to be stomaching bullshit from them to the point of no return.

What you should have been doing is that you immediately call out any bad behaviour your wife exhibits that you don't like.

Unless you are not the provider of your home, your wife has no right to disrespect you or challenge your authority.

If this nonsense continues, you'll both end up raising undisciplined wayward children.

Put your foot down firmly.

If she wants to leave let her leave.

Don't end up living a miserable life because of one woman who doesn't know what her role and responsibility is in marriage.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Judd007: 5:45am On Oct 15
Must she go by December? If she has secured a job let her go na, that’s pettiness from your part.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Tinubuagbado: 7:02am On Oct 15
Guy, you didn't act responsibly at all.

Correct the wrong now because it degenerates to something you'll regret.

Like someone above said, you're too petty. Not everything you count for your wife and in a scenario like this.

You should be happy that your sister inlaw came for omugwo for you, that thing is not easy at all.

She's the one that takes care of that baby, stays awake at night to allow you and wife sleep.

Correct the error not please, you have an angel as a wife and please stop threatening to send her away.

Ask divorces, your life will never be the same if you send your wife away.

This is your family, manage it well.

9 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by missjekyll: 7:07am On Oct 15
Poverty. Poverty is the core problem here.

1 Like

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Baronthecelebri: 7:27am On Oct 15
God punish you
Gadafii:
If your wife can't communicate with you but would rather involve third parties like her mom or your mom or her brother, please kick her out, of what use is marriage if both parties cant communicate effectively.

However for the sake of your newborn, I will advise you forgive her, sit her down and explain to her the importance of communication between the two of you and serious warn her to advise her mother about interfering or insulting you at will, otherwise you will not hesitate to send her to her parents house.

Marriage don pass before when person go dey endure nonsense, if you partner doesn't give you the peace and respect you deserve, cut them loose, don't tolerate nonsense in the name of I don't want my child to grow in a broken home or what will people say, fuckkk all of that
Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Baronthecelebri: 7:28am On Oct 15
Divorce her immediately
Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Tombrown3(m): 7:30am On Oct 15
And no one mentioned the fact that OP is angry because of the neglect which automatically is an insult to his personality.

You don't want to properly inform me, yet need my financial assistance?

One even said the wife is an angel 🤣😂

I give up on Nigerians.

No wonder we have a president like Tinubu.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Bobodee09: 7:30am On Oct 15
Judd007:
Must she go by December? If she has secured a job let her go na, that’s pettiness from your part.

Read the post again but this time slowly.........you didn't comprehend well the first time cos you rushed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Lieutenant83: 7:37am On Oct 15
Are u liking ur sister in-law? Wat concerns u when she leaves.....u escalated the issue. U caused the disrespect. Deal with it.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Tallesty1(m): 7:53am On Oct 15
illicit:
The difference lies in planning. Some people naturally prefer to plan ahead and be prepared—it's simply part of who they are.

Additionally, if you make a decision that you expect me to fund without consulting me, it implies that my input isn't necessary, and by extension, neither is my financial contribution.

If I was the OP, the wife's attitude won't change anything. I am going to be so happy in her presence that she will start to wonder if marrying me was a good choice.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by SHINJA: 7:59am On Oct 15
You r a real man ..

Don't take advice from weak men and street women on nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Tallesty1(m): 8:08am On Oct 15
purples25:
You're really really petty. Making mountains out of molehills because you were not informed of every single movement. Even after being told you still acted dramatically, refusing to pay or take the lady to the park.

How will you live if you hang on to everything like this? You will just become a radical nag. Vex small and then move ahead. Giving yourself bp for nothing.
He is not being petty. People need to call a spade a spade. The man was sidelined and disrespected, and it’s only right that he expresses how he feels. Women often complain about mama's boys and third-party interference in marriages, but when it’s the wife going through third parties to communicate with her husband, people accuse the man of overreacting.

A major cause of divorce is uncommunicated expectations. Now that this man is expressing his feelings, instead of the wife apologizing and asking for forgiveness, she’s resorting to emotional blackmail—and people are cheering her on.

The country is hard, and there’s a lot of pressure on everyone. A man comes home after a long day of work, only to be told, "My sister, who we agreed would leave in December, is leaving tomorrow. Give us some money."

The way a message is delivered makes all the difference. If the wife had approached the issue differently, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Now, the sister-in-law is stranded on the road, and it’s the husband’s mother—who lives in another state—informing him about it, not his wife because the wife chose not to talk to him again.

I ask again—when will women start telling other women, "Sister, you messed up"?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by SporaD8: 9:23am On Oct 15
illicit:
He should even be grateful for the sister leaving before schedule date.
However the real matter of matters is the way they continue to run circle around him(the so-called man of the house)!
They make their decisions, ratified it and only remember to tell him to sanction it when Money is involved! His faraway Mom even get to know what's happening under his roof before him - this is grand conspiracy!
By God, even a teenager will not accept that rubber-stamp appendage, and will challenge you when you make a decision that concerned them without asking for their opinion.
Could he really be that irrelevant in his own house?!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by idahme(m): 9:27am On Oct 15
Tallesty1:
He is not being petty. People need to call a spade a spade. The man was sidelined and disrespected, and it’s only right that he expresses how he feels. Women often complain about mama's boys and third-party interference in marriages, but when it’s the wife going through third parties to communicate with her husband, people accuse the man of overreacting.

A major cause of divorce is uncommunicated expectations. Now that this man is expressing his feelings, instead of the wife apologizing and asking for forgiveness, she’s resorting to emotional blackmail—and people are cheering her on.

The country is hard, and there’s a lot of pressure on everyone. A man comes home after a long day of work, only to be told, "My sister, who we agreed would leave in December, is leaving tomorrow. Give us some money."

The way a message is delivered makes all the difference. If the wife had approached the issue differently, we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Now, the sister-in-law is stranded on the road, and it’s the husband’s mother—who lives in another state—informing him about it, not his wife because the wife chose not to talk to him again.

You spoke well, most commenters were doing so with emotions and not bringing their critical thinking skills to the fore .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by purples25(f): 9:28am On Oct 15
Tallesty1:

Unless the family is an abnormal one, and they have no single bit of respect for him, definitely they must have apologized to him, yet he still stayed angry. I am not saying they are right, but after an apology, you try to calm down.

Or does he want the world to turn upside down, all his in laws come to beg, etc, before he pardons them and stops this drastic reaction which includes leaving the sister in law stranded? The punishment and drama is enough, they have gotten the message. If he reacts like this today, what happens when a larger issue is afoot? It is not every time a fly hits your balls that you give them a mighty smack to get rid of it.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by padi94(m): 10:03am On Oct 15
I understand your ego... If your wife can't communicate with you... Teach her her lessons and let her know where she went wrong and how it hurt your feelings.
Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by josh123(m): 10:39am On Oct 15
Imredeemed:

u are petty, because dem no carry u along u dey vex, must they tell u everything? Sometimes we just have to let women do their thing

2 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by XY01: 11:54am On Oct 15
Op did not grow up. He still thinks he matters a lot.

Person see job, you want them to first seek your permission before leaving, dem for send you proposal na.

Your wife calling your mother when she needed help shows that you're fond of being petty and the only person that can talk to you is your mother. This is not disrespect, it shows the kind of person you are in the marriage; a petty bitch ass who thinks everything and everyone needs his approval and should seek him out first.

Difficult to live with someone like you, tbvh. Those fools advising you to leave your wife and send her out, guess what? They won't even last 24hrs staying with your petty ass.

8 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Houseofglam7(f): 12:05pm On Oct 15
🤦🏽‍♀️

1 Like

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Lance008(m): 12:23pm On Oct 15
Bro chil because of the child forgive her
Gals no get sense
Na smal smal pikin tak dey be bastard
Bro see the mistake has been done u are already married with a child
To ur own side be say u no try say u no help the girl life hard if u get forget anything help the poor girl
The gal fit actually Dey in need of money
Life na story na Watin u do dem go talk
Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by michlins(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15
You be woman honestly. Like how do you react in such a petty way. Honestly, I will rejoice if someone who is supposed to go on December decides to leave today. I will just give you what I have and claim it's impromptu that money no dey. It will save me from extra mouth to feed till December.

You are very petty

5 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by CosmicJames(m): 2:54pm On Oct 15
symbianDON:
see finish don enter this matter from your wife and mother-in-law.

The man is falling to show understanding. Even after they explained to him why the sister in-law has to leave immediately.
@Op, I'm suspecting you

2 Likes

Re: My Sister In-law Came For Omugwo by Imredeemed(f): 4:12pm On Oct 15
illicit:
It’s not just about the timing of when she leaves; it’s about the lack of communication and respect. The decision was made without involving me, even though she’s been staying in my house. I had planned for her departure and wanted to prepare things for her. The fact that they made a major decision without consulting me feels disrespectful, and that's what matters here. It’s not about whether she leaves now or in December, but how the situation was handled.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

SMH... Oyo NURTW Boss Dies Of Gunshot Wounds / Photos:Horrible!Facebook Lover Defile,Strangle And Stab A 30yr Old Woman 2 Death / Ewwwww! Guy Caught Eating Poop In Ladies’ Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.