Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,106 members, 7,987,892 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 07:19 PM

Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership (7466 Views)

Beautiful Lady Shows Off The Lovely Meals She Got At A Nigerian Hospital / Hippolite Amadi Wins $100,000 Prize For Work In Keeping Newborns Alive / How My Tooth Was Extracted (removed) In A Nigerian Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by erniok(m): 5:23pm On Oct 23
Kelklein:
We need to be asking the right questions o..

So many things didn't add up in the report above.

If I understand correctly, someone went to take a loan from a foreign bank in dollars to equip a government-owned Hospital in Nigeria.. under an arrangement that he would be paid back..?!.! I'm not very conversant with the procurement laws in Nigeria but is that even legal.. I thought every government expenditure MUST pass through a budgetary process.. Did he do this and expect that it would be inputted in the budget afterwards..?! Where did he expect the payment to come from, the Hospital purse or by the government?! Was there an MOU to this effect before carrying out the equipping?!

Most people that do projects like this usually do it as a donation out of freewill or sponsored by an NGO or Business interest..

Why didn't he do this with a Private Paediatric Hospital in Owerri. I'm sure there are standard Privately owned Paediatric Hospitals in that Place.. or better still liase with one to set up a standard Paediatric Unit in that Private Hospital, where he would be a co-owner with 83million Nigeria.

There are just so many things not adding up in this case.
You are the only one that asked some vital questions on this peculiar transaction. A government owned hospital is funded by private citizen. Was it a ppp? The minister should be aware if so and an mou would have be signed by the tripartite parties being the hospital, a rep of the minister and the man. The story is not adding up.
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by Timmzycul11: 5:24pm On Oct 23
Kelklein:

If I understand correctly, someone went to take a loan from a foreign bank in dollars to equip a government-owned Hospital in Nigeria.. under an arrangement that he would be paid back..?!.! I'm not very conversant with the procurement laws in Nigeria but is that even legal.. I thought every government expenditure MUST pass through a budgetary process.. Did he do this and expect that it would be inputted in the budget afterwards..?! Where did he expect the payment to come from, the Hospital purse or by the government?! Was there an MOU to this effect before carrying out the equipping?!

Most people that do projects like this usually do it as a donation out of freewill or sponsored by an NGO or Business interest..

Why didn't he do this with a Private Paediatric Hospital in Owerri. I'm sure there are standard Privately owned Paediatric Hospitals in that Place.. or better still liase with one to set up a standard Paediatric Unit in that Private Hospital, where he would be a co-owner with 83million Nigeria.

Best comment, Nigerians don't really care about details before commenting on most things, we just use our emotions to engage with everything and everyone we come across forgetting facts. I'm not supporting anyone here but let's get the real details before we start attacking fmco or whoever is guilty

1 Like

Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by Mindlog: 5:30pm On Oct 23
descarado:

My dear, everyday, my dream of coming down to Nigeria to contribute my qouta just dey diminish.
I no wan wahala honestly.
We had a family history of one who left a lucrative job cos the president called him to come and serve his country but they used tribalism to deny him many things.
Tribalism didn't start today.

It is really demoralizing.
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by higgs: 5:31pm On Oct 23
Importantquestions
Kelklein:

Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by obioraval(m): 5:31pm On Oct 23
Kelklein:

Exactly. So many loopholes in the report
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by jaxxy(m): 5:32pm On Oct 23
Corruption and unprofessionalism.
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by Highwaycrew: 5:34pm On Oct 23
Am from Imo state, FMCO is known for notorious activities over the years and unprofessional attitude
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by tamedu11: 6:12pm On Oct 23
Hmm. Good thought but poor planning. Projects like this should be wrapped up under public private partnership for effective result. Another thing is to let healthcare project management and business development expert handle it. Neonatal services are mostly heavily subsidize by the state and federal health ministries so caution is needed before venturing into such arrangements in the first place.
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by InvertedHammer: 6:13pm On Oct 23
/
Anyone who wants to do anything in Nigeria must be willing to relocate there. The irony lies in the "most religious and heartless" human beings on the face of the earth.
Don't look for the devil. They are the ones quoting Bible up and down everyday.
/
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by InvertedHammer: 6:24pm On Oct 23
Kelklein:

From the little I know, every government procurement is done with the money on ground, and it's usually through an open bidding or Government Tender proceesses.

/
You failed to understand that Nigerian government approach diaspora Nigerians with all kinds of investment vehicles every so often. It gave birth to Transcorp Hilton shares, bond purchases, Abuja land allocations to NIDO members, etc that eventually went to naught. When you advise Nigerians abroad to stay away from FG initiatives, they think the advisor is an enemy until the inevitable happens.

/

1 Like

Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by Kelklein(m): 6:29pm On Oct 23
InvertedHammer:

/
You failed to understand that Nigerian government approach diaspora Nigerians with all kinds of investment vehicles every so often. It gave birth to Transcorp Hilton shares, bond purchases, Abuja land allocations to NIDO members, etc that eventually went to naught. When you advise Nigerians abroad to stay away from FG initiatives, they think the advisor is an enemy until the inevitable happens.

/

I get what you mean..

But this looks kind of different. Not an investment offer, more like a direct contract funding according to the report. And now he wants a repayment. I just hope he signed the proper MOU. The report didn't say much about that.. they more of just wanted to make a point that the diaspora man has been duped by the FMC Director.
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by Blitzking: 6:49pm On Oct 23
He could have entered a partnership with the hospital to site his facility within the premises bit be in charge of collection of fees or perhaps create a private paediatrics hospital. The legal framework is looking shaky that's why he can't recoup his investment

2 Likes

Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by AmalaAtiEwedu: 7:19pm On Oct 23
Ndigbo don show am shege grin
remain make him come back Owerri come feel Ekpa remotely every monday grin
It's a shame he did such a good deed for cowards grin

1 Like

Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by DuttyChuks: 8:02pm On Oct 23
A country made up of thieves and wickedness
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by hamzeiy: 9:23pm On Oct 23
Talkt2Tee:
Sometimes this country just breaks your heart
You said it as it is......it's unfortunate
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by Forkthiefnubu: 9:44pm On Oct 23
Story , the deal now work again and this guy come here come Dey yarn story , let’s hear from the FMC guy
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by dconsiglere(m): 9:58pm On Oct 23
This information is not flowing up well... I see some acts of hoodwink on the side of the man. Hope he is not planning to exploit the hospital for a job he did not do. Hope the so called investment medical doctor's intention is pure.
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by wickedclown: 10:24pm On Oct 23
His brothers have done it again....
Una brother invest for una state, make una children for no deh die anyhow...
Una deh run the place, the guy no deh see money...

Tomorrow una go deh cry of marginalization...

See werin go better una lives now.... Una no gree do am with honesty....

How I wish the guy fit get permit to privatize the place so he can recoup the money because at this rate ehn, I don't see any hope for him if he allows things to remain the same
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by InvertedHammer: 10:37pm On Oct 23
Kelklein:

I get what you mean..

But this looks kind of different. Not an investment offer, more like a direct contract funding according to the report. And now he wants a repayment. I just hope he signed the proper MOU. The report didn't say much about that.. they more of just wanted to make a point that the diaspora man has been duped by the FMC Director.
/
FMC: Federal Medical Center.
It is still part of the gimmicks they package and sell to those in diaspora. Final final he got duped by a Federal entity.
/
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by delishpot: 11:07pm On Oct 23
Nigerians. Vultures
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by Namigotalktru: 3:25am On Oct 24
descarado:

My dear, everyday, my dream of coming down to Nigeria to contribute my qouta just dey diminish.
I no wan wahala honestly.
We had a family history of one who left a lucrative job cos the president called him to come and serve his country but they used tribalism to deny him many things.
Tribalism didn't start today.

In this story where is the tribalism? Is it not clear theft? The hospital management scammed him or he didn’t clarify terms before bringing his money
Re: Hippolite Amadi's Dedication To Babies Exploited By Nigerian Hospital Leadership by Mrexcell(m): 7:34am On Oct 24
Kelklein:

From the little I know, every government procurement is done with the money already on ground, and it's usually through an open bidding or Government Tender processes.

Why didn't he do this with a Private Paediatric Hospital in Owerri. I'm sure there are standard Privately owned Paediatric Hospitals in that Place.. or better still liase with one to set up a standard Paediatric Unit in that Private Hospital, where he would be a co-owner with 83million Naira.

The best thing for him is to go to court if he really has concrete proofs of the hospital giving him approval to carry out the project.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Relevance Between Farting And Appendicitis? / Pastors Selling 'Anointed' Bottled Water Without Nafdac Reg No. / The Health Benefits Of Garden Egg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.