Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,854 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:05 AM

Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! (4246 Views)

Akon Signs Wizkid,psquare And Tubaba / Keke Ogungbe: Of Kennis Music And Primetime Africa Fame / MTV Europe Awards 2005: 2Face Idibia Is 'Best African Act'! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by concrete: 11:26pm On Sep 29, 2007
you tuface haters should be happy to know that he's leaving Kennis and will be doing his own thing within the next few months. there will no longer be any new material under Kennis music (next album). So if he continues to win big awards, then you cannot still complain it's all Kennis/big bros 

as a fan, i'll be happy if this happens soon b/c i feel like kennis is a little greedy and has actually held him back some

he'll be singing under the label "Hypertek" (yes, that's hyperteK with a "k" not "ch", lol), which is his own label (he refers to is in see me so)

anyhow, I wish him all the best. i hope he also gets some new people around him b/c of of the ones he currently has are also holding him back and don't think big (as in USA market big)

this is basically official. i've heard he's wanted this for a while and my uncle in the UK saw him say this on Ben TV so it's legit grin
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by eldee(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2007
i saw it too, i was so freaking happy for him, but i hope he doesn't go the eedris way
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by concrete: 5:58pm On Sep 30, 2007
can you explain what you mean by "the eedris way"??

thanks
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by sect(m): 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2007
2face leaving kennis doesnt mean keke cant buy awards 4 him cos they are still pals,i want him to beef kennis not leave but all the same its a good thing he has his own label faze independent,2face hypertek not that disgusting name called kennis,so whose's name will keke scream on tv,is it olu that isnt talented?
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by concrete: 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2007
sect:

2face leaving kennis doesnt mean keke can't buy awards 4 him because they are still pals,i want him to beef kennis not leave but all the same its a good thing he has his own label faze independent,2face hypertek not that disgusting name called kennis,so whose's name will keke scream on tv,is it olu that isnt talented?

don't be silly

Keke is first and foremost, a BUSINESS man. he's won't spend a dime on Tu if he's no longer a part of Kennis. To assume otherwise is just ridiculous

As for him beefing with Kennis, there's really no need for that. i'm glad that they'll be parting ways on good terms. life is too short to hold grudges
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by mrmetoo(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2007
concrete:

don't be silly

Keke is first and foremost, a BUSINESS man. he's won't spend a dime on Tu if he's no longer a part of Kennis. To assume otherwise is just ridiculous

As for him beefing with Kennis, there's really no need for that. i'm glad that they'll be parting ways on good terms. life is too short to hold grudges

I'm so glad you replied that post because after i read it i was weakened, lol. I couldn't believe anyone would write that. Kennis or no Kennis the issue of buying awards is a simplistic almost ignorant way of thinking. How do you suppose they buy awards? I'm so sorry to say but the whole notion does not make any sense. Then to now say after he leaves, Kennis would be still "buy" awards for him is totally ridiculous. Lets even see how the guy is going to do first before we start saying all this. Some people are already crucifying him before he's even accused of the crime. Na Wa O. Anyway i wish him nothing but luck in his future endeavors
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by pheesayor(m): 12:20am On Oct 03, 2007
Good luck to my boi, remain a plantashun boi and stick with ur 'brothers'. Smoke cant be hidden, same goes with talent, his little talent will still make him known, he can't go the eedris way.
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by diyobdw(f): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2007
good for him though i belv its long overdue
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by Yusufadeto(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2007
To be honest, it going to be hard on Tu face, because i have not seen marketing strategy that have beaten Kenny's Music so far, but am highly sure if Tu face comes up with something good, am more than sure that he will make it big with is first album under his label, am one of his best fan, wishing him all best of luck.
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by youngdigi(m): 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2007
2face is a winner , will always be a winner, me personally I don't think he is gonna have an issue as far as his cd being marketed, I know here in US, its not gona be a problem, we will always get his stuff, and request him for shows, that boy is phenomenal, a lot of ppl dont know it yet, i think i see his vision and where he plans to take nigerian music to, i wish him all the best in opening those doors
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by ritchboi: 3:00pm On Oct 03, 2007
Hmm,wonder if kenny colected his navi bak,lol
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by concrete: 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2007
^^^^^^

LOL

they had better not

it was given to him and there's nothing worse than an "indian giver" (give then take back)
Re: Tubaba 2face Idibia Is Leaving Kennis Music! by lawyer(m): 10:55pm On Oct 05, 2007
Hmm,wonder if kenny colected his navi bak,lol

It was part of the recording deal they signed at the beginning. The price of the navi would be calculated in cash and other fringe benefits with includes touring and recording costs which is recoupable by kennis music. So they are not collecting the navi back. It's part of his sign on fees but kennis get their money back through 80% sales of his c.d's, live show tickets and sponsorship and distribution deals deals as long as the contract lasts between them. So kennis music has reaped more than what was originally signed off to 2 face. The navi is just a tip of the ocean of what kennis has reaped back. It's better to own a label than be an artist under the label. Once a wrong and ill advised contract is illogically negotiated and signed by the artist, you dont blame the label for it's greed. The artist signed for it and is getting what was negotiated. So everyone insulting kennis should get a grip on their selves because 2 face accepted the deal and they are only reaping the rewards.

A music contract well negotiated and drafted is the lifeblood of any artist and whatever comes out of it is what you get wink

(1) (Reply)

Is 2face Only Me Really Talking About John Obi Mikel? / NEW VIDEO : Download Olamide – Fine Sound / Music Video Eminem - Framed, Mp4 Download, Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.