Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,895 members, 7,980,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 06:45 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (879304 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guardian09(m): 1:19am On Oct 18, 2013
Itstyme: You all have been a good source of help and giving loads of folks great platform to share their views and experiences. One major question that I haven't seen asked or answered is the age of an applicant or prolly I didnt come across is; is there any maximum age limit an applicant may attain that could cause a visa denial especially for bachelors program. Please do advise from past experiences and applications.

Itstyme
I don't think age plays a role in visa denial for any student wanting to study a bachelors degree program in the Uk.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 1:35am On Oct 18, 2013
Thanks @guardian09, I best believe it shouldn't but I would still appreciate more people to comment on this based on their experience and observations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 1:59am On Oct 18, 2013
guardian09:
I don't think age plays a role in visa denial for any student wanting to study a bachelors degree program in the Uk.
@ Itstyme, I don't know whether age plays a role or not
Yet get ready to answer questions along this line seeing I was asked why I was going for my master's during the interview [left Uni over 14 years ago] to which I answered, finance
Looking back, that was the only question I answered instinctively during my interview
Yet today, I dey wear winter jackets and hood tops daily grin grin grin grin grin
Bottomline, play your cards right cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 9:32am On Oct 18, 2013
Plz who is in Sunderland university I will b coming in for January intake for MSc. ow is Sunderland like? Living cost n oda fins
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kellyemms: 9:33am On Oct 18, 2013
Plz who is in Sunderland university or heading to Sunderland Uni. I will b coming in for January intake for MSc. ow is Sunderland like? Living cost n oda fins
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Greenny: 10:19am On Oct 18, 2013
Don Oms:
To support what JideVince told you; 1)The Passport renewal thing is entirely up to you. They CAN give you visa that will last beyond the validity of your visa (People have had that in the past) so you'll renew the passport it in the UK before it expires. The FG doesn't renew passports that still have over 1 month before expiry unless they cancel your current passport and issue a new one, I would have advised renewal. But it all depends on the time you have in your hands.
2) As for the middle name issue, are you using your parent(s) bank account details? If yes, that's when you need to submit Birth Certificate. If no, then don't bother submitting it. If you have a need to submit it, then you need to prove to the UKBA that it is an error and let them know which is correct (which should be the one on your passport anyway). If I were you, I'll just have the money in my account and avoid telling the UKBA stories about the name on your Birth Certificate.

Thanks guys, i will be using my personal account as you said there will be no need TO INCLUDE MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
I will ask an immigration guy if its possible for me to cancel my current passport and get a new one in the next two weeks then i will get it done rather than face that naija embassy hassles in the uk, i hear horrible stories about the place.
I am about making payment for my school fees, its postgraduate UWL....... any naija there i begi holla.
Hope it is ok to apply november ending for visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jubel(f): 11:46am On Oct 18, 2013
Hello everyone.Pls is there any female student in the house in need of accomodation studying in Peterborough Anglia Ruskin University?

Pls reply if there is.Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 1:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
ochukoccna:
Yet get ready to answer questions along this line seeing I was asked why I was going for my master's during the interview [left Uni over 14 years ago] to which I answered, finance
Looking back, that was the only question I answered instinctively during my interview
Yet today, I dey wear winter jackets and hood tops daily grin grin grin grin grin

@ochukoccna, that sounds pretty cool and obviously finance is the answer to the said question if being asked. Thanks for your comments and hopefully should put on that hood tops and winter jacket with you someday..lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 1:05pm On Oct 18, 2013
ochukoccna:

@ochukoccna, that sounds pretty cool and obviously finance is the answer to the said question if being asked. Thanks for your comments and hopefully should put on that hood tops and winter jacket with you someday..lol
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 5:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
kellyemms: Plz who is in Sunderland university or heading to Sunderland Uni. I will b coming in for January intake for MSc. ow is Sunderland like? Living cost n oda fins
Read through previous pages [from pages 20 and above] of this other thread https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive

Itstyme:

I PRAY YOU DO BRO
Living here changes and takes your perspective to a whole new level
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:09pm On Oct 18, 2013
Greenny:

Thanks guys, i will be using my personal account as you said there will be no need TO INCLUDE MY BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
I will ask an immigration guy if its possible for me to cancel my current passport and get a new one in the next two weeks then i will get it done rather than face that naija embassy hassles in the uk, i hear horrible stories about the place.
I am about making payment for my school fees, its postgraduate UWL....... any naija there i begi holla.
Hope it is ok to apply november ending for visa?
November ending is okay. You'll get the visa latest by third week in December. Ensure u have gone through this thread and follow all the UKBA rules to avoid visa refusal. All the best in your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by classyjummy: 10:00am On Oct 19, 2013
I have a problemmy deadline is for 21st of oct and my visa is not yet out they said its goin to be out on monday what do I do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 11:28am On Oct 19, 2013
classyjummy: I have a problemmy deadline is for 21st of oct and my visa is not yet out they said its goin to be out on monday what do I do
Speak to the school and explain your situation
But you should have applied earlier though.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by classyjummy: 12:42pm On Oct 19, 2013
I did oh
It was d agents PFL dat messed me up big time afta payin 60k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2013
classyjummy: I did oh
It was d agents PFL dat messed me up big time afta payin 60k
Sorry about that, head some bad tales about 'em earlier
Prefer BCIE to them
That been said, best you can do is keep your fingers crossed while your passport comes out
Would have said you reserve a flight for Monday night on Sunday evening as payment can be made within 24 hours, get your passport first and if positive make payment
But seeing you might not get your passport on Monday even if released then, my advice still is speak with your school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 3:45pm On Oct 19, 2013
ochukoccna:
Read through previous pages [from pages 20 and above] of this other thread https://www.nairaland.com/863688/nigerian-students-uk-how-survive

I PRAY YOU DO BRO
Living here changes and takes your perspective to a whole new level

Sure it does and that's one of the numerous advantages studying abroad but I got one more question. Its regards proof of home ties. Does UK Embassy requires one to show proof of that just like Canada and USA would ask an applicant to show and if yes what are the possible documents one can show to give a concrete proof of a home tie(proof to show one ll come back after the study in the UK).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hello House, I got one question. Its regards proof of home ties. Does UK Embassy requires one to show proof of that just like Canada and USA would ask an applicant to show and if yes what are the possible documents one can show to give a concrete proof of a home tie(proof to show one ll come back after the study in the UK).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2013
Itstyme: Hello House, I got one question. Its regards proof of home ties. Does UK Embassy requires one to show proof of that just like Canada and USA would ask an applicant to show and if yes what are the possible documents one can show to give a concrete proof of a home tie(proof to show one ll come back after the study in the UK).

No.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2013
justwise:

No.

@Justwise, Thanks for your short but meaningful response. So does it mean all one needs to show majorly is CAS and the proof of funds? I would appreciate if you can give more details. I know it must have been answered in previous pages of the thread but I can't just come across it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Oct 19, 2013
Itstyme:

@Justwise, Thanks for your short but meaningful response. [b]So does it mean all one needs to show majorly is CAS and the proof of funds? [/b]I would appreciate if you can give more details. I know it must have been answered in previous pages of the thread but I can't just come across it.

That is just all you need + those documents listed in CAS ( your qualifications), tie to Nigeria got nothing to do with student visa application, that is for visiting visa and other type of visas.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 10:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
justwise:

That is just all you need + those documents listed in CAS ( your qualifications), tie to Nigeria got nothing to do with student visa application, that is for visiting visa and other type of visas.

@Justwise, Thanks Brother for the response. I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Captain001(m): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2013
Greenny: Hello house please i need your help.
I am about to apply for my uk study visa(jan 2014) and my passport will expire april 2014,do i need to renew my passport or will they give me visa beyond the validity of my passport?
Is passport number written on CAS?
Lastly, the middle name on my birth certificate is different from the one on my international passport. The middle name on my international passport is the same as all my credentials.
I beg wetin make i do?

It's better you renew the passport before applying. But if the school has offered you CAS letter already you can go ahead and apply. In my case the school entirely refused to offer me the CAS until I renewed my passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 12:45pm On Oct 21, 2013
Hey Guys, I just found out the school I intend studying, if given a study permit under them, I won't be allowed to work part time for the first year being a college but would be able to for the rest 2 years of the study which is affiliated to a University leading to a Bachelors. Please what are the possible chances of one surviving through the hustle and bustle of the UK without working for a whole year to support oneself? Please I need an advise on this as I am quite confused right now.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
Itstyme: Hey Guys, I just found out the school I intend studying, if given a study permit under them, I won't be allowed to work part time for the first year being a college but would be able to for the rest 2 years of the study which is affiliated to a University leading to a Bachelors. Please what are the possible chances of one surviving through the hustle and bustle of the UK without working for a whole year to support oneself? Please I need an advise on this as I am quite confused right now.

This is simple, if you don't have money to survive in the UK atleast for the first 6months, the chances of you surviving a month (forget about a year) is almost zero. I'm not trying to scare you but telling you raw truth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
justwise: [/b]

This is simple, if you don't have money to survive in the UK atleast for the first 6months, the chances of you surviving a month (forget about a year) is almost zero. I'm not trying to scare you but telling you raw truth.

@Justwise, Thanks and I dig what you meant bro but I think with what you just said, if one is funded with some reasonable amount of money for the stipulated time, one should be in good hands? For example aside the norm 800 pounds per month required by the UK Embassy, do you feel a 500 pounds per month budget will be sufficient for cost of living and housing under the basis of one be moderate and very minimal in expenses. Location is inner London...Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:17pm On Oct 21, 2013
Itstyme:

@Justwise, Thanks and I dig what you meant bro but I think with what you just said, if one is funded with some reasonable amount of money for the stipulated time, one should be in good hands? For example aside the norm 800 pounds per month required by the UK Embassy, do you feel a 500 pounds per month budget will be sufficient for cost of living and housing under the basis of one be moderate and very minimal in expenses. Location is inner London...Thanks

If you get a room for 300-350 pounds a month including all bills then you 'might' survive on 150 pounds a month...hoping that your school is a walking distance from your house.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 3:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
justwise:

If you get a room for 300-350 pounds a month including all bills then you 'might' survive on 150 pounds a month...hoping that your school is a walking distance from your house.

That sounds cool then. Yea! The housing the school is getting is just a stone throw from the College... Thanks a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
justwise: [/b]
justwise:

Justwise is SPOT ON regarding having money for at least 6 months in this land
I understood better when I got here
It is a WONDERFUL place to live, if you can pay your bills
That been said if you have relatives/friends who WILL WILLINGLY help, that's great
That apart, this land will unleash its horrors to you
However recall Justwise telling you might survive on 500quid a month
Firstly, its because Inner London IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE IN THE UK and this has higher bills
Also note that he's assuming 300-350 will get you 'liveable accommodation' for up north I know students paying as about that in private accommodation
The rest 150 will be mostly on feeding and a few essentials minus clothing and transportation
He and by extension me are not trying to scare you but letting you know what awaits
So do plan your coming well before buying your plane ticket
You might take out time know learn and acquire skills you can trade for cash when you start hustling here
Life is simpler here but then the thing about the white man is , SHOW ME THE MONEY
Wish you well
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 9:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
ochukoccna:

Justwise is SPOT ON regarding having money for at least 6 months in this land
I understood better when I got here
It is a WONDERFUL place to live, if you can pay your bills
That been said if you have relatives/friends who WILL WILLINGLY help, that's great
That apart, this land will unleash its horrors to you
However recall Justwise telling you might survive on 500quid a month
Firstly, its because Inner London IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE PLACE IN THE UK and this has higher bills
Also note that he's assuming 300-350 will get you 'liveable accommodation' for up north I know students paying as about that in private accommodation
The rest 150 will be mostly on feeding and a few essentials minus clothing and transportation
He and by extension me are not trying to scare you but letting you know what awaits
So do plan your coming well before buying your plane ticket
You might take out time know learn and acquire skills you can trade for cash when you start hustling here
Life is simpler here but then the thing about the white man is , SHOW ME THE MONEY
Wish you well

Well said my man and I appreciate time taken out to share sincere views with me. Appreciate!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bastien: 12:46am On Oct 22, 2013
I'm a newbie here,can someone help me out with the cost of applying for UK student visa,needed things etc

Pls try and put all in full and not abbreviations, inculding the money in ₦ n £

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ochukoccna: 2:26am On Oct 22, 2013
bastien: I'm a newbie here,can someone help me out with the cost of applying for UK student visa,needed things etc

Pls try and put all in full and not abbreviations, inculding the money in ₦ n £

Thanks in advance
Hope you love reading newbie grin grin grin
The whole thread is yours to consume tongue tongue
Enjoy wink wink

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bastien: 7:32am On Oct 22, 2013
ochukoccna:
Hope you love reading newbie grin grin grin
The whole thread is yours to consume tongue tongue
Enjoy wink wink
I can't read all o,just read one n I slept off,just enlite me,my want me 2 school in uk,he is in uk

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.