Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,526 members, 7,971,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:04 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (878631 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CaptJHMiller: 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
Please who can help me with my motivation letter, check for me and help me with corrections.. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CaptJHMiller: 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
Please who can help me with my motivation letter, check for me and help me with corrections.. thanks
Anyone please??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:52pm On Jan 01, 2014
Capt. JH Miller:
What's the letter about? Scholarship? And is it for M.Sc or PhD studies? If it's M.Sc, PM me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 7:13am On Jan 02, 2014
worry 359:
I have TOLD you,
There is a shop close by that will sell stockfish and many other things.
Also big markets in Manchester.
20Kg of fish is obsessive!
Anyway it's your risk and you that have to carry it!
I understand there are shops in Manchester that will sell african foodstuffs but at what extra cost.
Does a kg of stockfish in UK sells at same price as a kg of stockfish in Nigeria?
My point is that if I can manage a reasonable amount of food items that is within my baggage weight limit it will be foolish not to take advantage of it as I may have to buy same in the UK for probably an extra N100 or more.
I am definitely not planning on taking 20kg of stockfish but I will try to carry some as well as other food items that my total 46kg baggage weight allowance can accommodate.
My clothes and other items excluding food items won't even weight 10kg so it is only fair I stock on foodstuffs to make up the balance.
Seriously, I am thinking of throwing in another piece of baggage(23kg) as the excess baggage is charged per piece of 23kg weight and it cost a meager £60.
The only reason I will not go with much foodstuffs is if the prices over there in the UK compares favorably with those in Nigeria.
Finally, if I decide to carry foodstuffs from Nigeria it will be to my advantage as my parents will buy them without recourse to my maintenance money but if I choose to buy anything in the UK it is my responsibility as they say I already have my maintenance funds.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:25am On Jan 02, 2014
bunburized:
I understand there are shops in Manchester that will sell african foodstuffs but at what extra cost.
Does a kg of stockfish in UK sells at same price as a kg of stockfish in Nigeria?
My point is that if I can manage a reasonable amount of food items that is within my baggage weight limit it will be foolish not to take advantage of it as I may have to buy same in the UK for probably an extra N100 or more.
I am definitely not planning on taking 20kg of stockfish but I will try to carry some as well as other food items that my total 46kg baggage weight allowance can accommodate.
My clothes and other items excluding food items won't even weight 10kg so it is only fair I stock on foodstuffs to make up the balance.
Seriously, I am thinking of throwing in another piece of baggage(23kg) as the excess baggage is charged per piece of 23kg weight and it cost a meager £60.
The only reason I will not go with much foodstuffs is if the prices over there in the UK compares favorably with those in Nigeria.
Finally, if I decide to carry foodstuffs from Nigeria it will be to my advantage as my parents will buy them without recourse to my maintenance money but if I choose to buy anything in the UK it is my responsibility as they say I already have my maintenance funds.

God!! if you put more time and energy for your studies the way you do with foodstuff you are in for first class.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 7:52am On Jan 02, 2014
bunburized:
Alright listen up i will state the obvious for you now and you will understand it once you get over to UK.
Re you bank cards, they will work perfectly okay in the cash machines as long as your bank in Nigeria will provide excellent service. The first issue i had in the UK when i first got here was with my Nigerian master card, it wont complete my transaction after i finished shopping in a shopping mall and trust me you don't wanna go through that moreover the charges it will attract will be extremely high because you will be forced to pay some bills with your card even in shops. talk about foodstuffs.. Seriously you could get screwed at the airport. Might not be in Nigeria but in UK. They don't take most food stuffs especially ones from Africa lightly. Matter of fact you might even end up paying a fine for it. If there is one thing you need here it Money!! Not food stuffs
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2014
justwise:

God!! if you put more time and energy for your studies the way you do with foodstuff you are in for first class.
Lmao
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2014
mrkossy:
Alright listen up i will state the obvious for you now and you will understand it once you get over to UK.
Re you bank cards, they will work perfectly okay in the cash machines as long as your bank in Nigeria will provide excellent service. The first issue i had in the UK when i first got here was with my Nigerian master card, it wont complete my transaction after i finished shopping in a shopping mall and trust me you don't wanna go through that moreover the charges it will attract will be extremely high because you will be forced to pay some bills with your card even in shops. talk about foodstuffs.. Seriously you could get screwed at the airport. Might not be in Nigeria but in UK. They don't take most food stuffs especially ones from Africa lightly. Matter of fact you might even end up paying a fine for it. If there is one thing you need here it Money!! Not food stuffs

Ok, i dnt need to be physically in d UK to know this is a bunch of overated bullshiiit.
when was d last time u used a nigerian issued mastercard, 10, 15 years ago?
which cards do not fail? cos its nigerian?
the best thing for her is to carry some cash, simple. You won't tell me all 4 cards from differient banks would fail her at the same time.

coming to food, MOST foodstuffs from Africa are accepted. they only have problem with liquid stuffs.
The reality is dat u pay tax if some foodstuffs crossed a certain weight limit cos they see it as likely to be sold.

@bunberized; go through the other uk thread from the beginning to like page 30. thats where u'll find most of wat u're looking for. you can carry ur stockfish but make sure u seal it very well. a lady talked about sealing options there too.
You can also take grinded foodstuffs like egusi, ogbono etc.
Am on mobile now, will post u a document on foodstuffs u can take and cannot take, gotten from ukba.

just give me d address of ur restaurant wen u get to UK grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dkoo: 11:24am On Jan 02, 2014
spikes C:

Ok, i dnt need to be physically in d UK to know this is a bunch of overated bullshiiit.
the best thing for her is to carry some cash, simple. You won't tell me all 4 cards from differient banks would fail her at the same time.

coming to food, MOST foodstuffs from Africa are accepted. they only have problem with liquid stuffs.
The reality is dat u pay tax if some foodstuffs crossed a certain weight limit cos they see it as likely to be sold.

@bunberized; go through the other uk thread from the beginning to like page 30. thats where u'll find most of wat u're looking for. you can carry ur stockfish but make sure u seal it very well. a lady talked about sealing options there too.
Am on mobile now, will post u a document on foodstuffs u can take and cannot take, gotten from ukba.

my problem in UK is getting a job but if i will add anything to the conversation i ll say @mrkossy is right. most food stuffs are not allowed.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mrkossy: 11:39am On Jan 02, 2014
spikes C:

Also tell her that the world will be hers when she gets there. no disrespect man but i think you ll be better off if you do more reading than talking cos clearly you never read what i wrote or maybe you did and just didn't understand it. if you ll take one more look at what i wrote am sure i wrote something like "Re you bank cards, they will work perfectly okay in the cash machines as long as your bank in Nigeria will provide excellent service" does the phrase 'As long as' ring any bell? probably not. it doesn't mean her card wont work, its just a way to tell her that she needs more cash more than she needs her card cos the card might not be available all the time. but you couldn't read between the lines could you? Then you went on to ask "which card do not fail"? "cos its Nigerian"? so for some reason you think i said it cos its Nigeria? if you honestly think so then my bro you need to grow up!
Re to the food stuffs, i honestly hope you do know what you are saying for her sake.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by xteeeee(m): 11:39am On Jan 02, 2014
spikes C:

Lol pls I wld also need d address for my weekend meals
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:48pm On Jan 02, 2014
justwise:

I am a very meticulous person. I take every detail seriously.
Whether academics, food, finance, weather or even my hair.
As long as it is legal I won't mind doing whatever it takes.
Unfortunately, I can't be asking questions about studies here. I have that covered. I will cross that bridge when I get there.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
spikes C:

Thanks so much. I will really appreciate that document.
My little sister uses her zenith issued mastercard in Hungary and has not had any issue in the last 2yrs.
I will go with cash and also my mastercards and visas.
I have never had a decline case before while shopping online. I don't expect to have any at pos in UK.
Lol @ restuarant in UK. I am just being 'prepared'. I could end up gifting out most of the foodstuffs.
U could stop over at Salford anytime you are in the Manchester area. Won't mind treating you to a sumptuous african dish.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 1:07pm On Jan 02, 2014
xteeeee:

Lol pls I wld also need d address for my weekend meals
grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2014
Dkoo:
my problem in UK is getting a job but if i will add anything to the conversation i ll say @mrkossy is right. most food stuffs are not allowed.

What's ur definition of MOST foodstuffs?
Can you give me a few list of what you're sure that's not allowed?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
mrkossy:
Also tell her that the world will be hers when she gets there. no disrespect man but i think you ll be better off if you do more reading than talking cos clearly you never read what i wrote or maybe you did and just didn't understand it. if you ll take one more look at what i wrote am sure i wrote something like "Re you bank cards, they will work perfectly okay in the cash machines as long as your bank in Nigeria will provide excellent service" does the phrase 'As long as' ring any bell? probably not. it doesn't mean her card wont work, its just a way to tell her that she needs more cash more than she needs her card cos the card might not be available all the time. but you couldn't read between the lines could you? Then you went on to ask "which card do not fail"? "cos its Nigerian"? so for some reason you think i said it cos its Nigeria? if you honestly think so then my bro you need to grow up!
Re to the food stuffs, i honestly hope you do know what you are saying for her sake.

Maybe i came off as been offensive. Sorry if you feel that way.
When i said overrated bullshiiiit, i wasn't referring to you but to people who always say so.
Secondly, i never meant u're degrading Nigeria wink
I am just talking against people who say Nigerian cards constantly have issues in the UK.

For the food stuffs, like i said, i am sure of what i am saying. On UKBA website, they have a few list of things you can and cannot bring in.
They have a very high opposing attitude towards liquid stuffs.

For more than 10 years now, i've helped packed my mom and brother's stuff whenever they're going back.
They always take ground stuffs and fish products. A lot of fish products for that matter.

@bunburized; here's your links. Download the related documents at the right hand side on the second link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/customs/whatcanibringin/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/customs/whatcanibringin/bannedorrestricted/
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by OMOT4GOD: 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
Hello everyone and happy new year.
I am expecting my cas soon from coventry uni to apply for visa. I got my admission using notification of result and some certificates pls from experience do school always state certificates only in the cas and do they accept certificates only at enrolment?
And my last question, the school resumes mid jan but i requested for exemption so i dont know what resumption date the cas will carry. Is their a minimum number of day that ukba require students to apply before resumption?
I am really nervous o_O
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by OMOT4GOD: 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2014
OMOT4GOD: Hello everyone and happy new year.
I am expecting my cas soon from coventry uni to apply for visa. I got my admission using notification of result and some certificates pls from experience do school always state certificates only in the cas and do they accept certificates only at enrolment?
And my last question, the school resumes mid jan but i requested for exemption so i dont know what resumption date the cas will carry. Is their a minimum number of day that ukba require students to apply before resumption?
I am really nervous o_O
Sorry i meant EXTENSION not EXEMPTION:-)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bunburized(f): 4:24pm On Jan 02, 2014
spikes C:

Maybe i came off as been offensive. Sorry if you feel that way.
When i said overrated bullshiiiit, i wasn't referring to you but to people who always say so.
Secondly, i never meant u're degrading Nigeria wink
I am just talking against people who say Nigerian cards constantly have issues in the UK.

For the food stuffs, like i said, i am sure of what i am saying. On UKBA website, they have a few list of things you can and cannot bring in.
They have a very high opposing attitude towards liquid stuffs.

For more than 10 years now, i've helped packed my mom and brother's stuff whenever they're going back.
They always take ground stuffs and fish products. A lot of fish products for that matter.

@bunburized; here's your links. Download the related documents at the right hand side on the second link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/customs/whatcanibringin/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/customs/whatcanibringin/bannedorrestricted/
Thanks. I really do appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 4:41pm On Jan 02, 2014
I am really nervous o_O

If you have gotten an unconditional offer, then you don't have anything to worry about.
They will list the documents they used in accessing your application in the CAS, and those are the documents you need to apply for Visa AND submit during enrolment.

If you requested for extension, you should have asked them for, exactly, the time you needed.
I am also in your shoes, i just hope mine would come out in 6 business days like others testified here embarassed embarassed embarassed
or hopefully, even less grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by OMOT4GOD: 4:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
Spikes C to the rescue cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
I am really nervous o_O
How come u hvnt gotten a CAS by now?? Dts strange, I hope you make it sha.
Spikes C u too!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2014
miz Gene:
How come u hvnt gotten a CAS by now?? Dts strange, I hope you make it sha.
Spikes C u too!

I've gotten my CAS ofcourse, i got it the same day i paid.
Just still counting 28days embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
spikes C:

I've gotten my CAS ofcourse, i got it the same day i paid.
Just still counting 28days embarassed

Oh Ok, got it. No worries, u'll get ur visa in good time. I am just surprised Omot4God hasn't gotten a cas by now though with school starting in 2 to 3 wks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by worry359(m): 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2014
miz Gene:

Oh Ok, got it. No worries, u'll get ur visa in good time. I am just surprised Omot4God hasn't gotten a cas by now though with school starting in 2 to 3 wks.

Please don't forget that British schools take a holiday over Christmas.
Many will not even start back untill Mon 6th Jan!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mizGene(f): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2014
worry 359:
Yea true, u r saying dt cd b a reason why the cas isn't ready abi?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2014
worry 359:
Oh, cuz I was getting tired of waiting for the school to assign me a room, maybe that's what's keeping them. I was starting to think of beginning a search for offcampus accommodation (though I really do not wanna stay off campus), guess I'd just wait till the end of next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by awistle(m): 1:04am On Jan 03, 2014
bunburized:
Thanks so much. I will really appreciate that document.
My little sister uses her zenith issued mastercard in Hungary and has not had any issue in the last 2yrs.
I will go with cash and also my mastercards and visas.
I have never had a decline case before while shopping online. I don't expect to have any at pos in UK.
Lol @ restuarant in UK. I am just being 'prepared'. I could end up gifting out most of the foodstuffs.
U could stop over at Salford anytime you are in the Manchester area. Won't mind treating you to a sumptuous african dish.
Lol if u end up giving out food stuffs, pls u know where to find me grin wink, but seriously have not had any issue with my card since i arrived.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 3:34am On Jan 03, 2014
bunburized:
I am a very meticulous person. I take every detail seriously.
Whether academics, food, finance, weather or even my hair.
As long as it is legal I won't mind doing whatever it takes.
Unfortunately, I can't be asking questions about studies here. I have that covered. I will cross that bridge when I get there.
Thumb up, lady. Good answer. I had thought you ll spark up. Soft spoken gives away wroth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 3:35am On Jan 03, 2014
Do we have anyone going to derby
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 8:14am On Jan 03, 2014
guiddoti: Do we have anyone going to derby

yes grin

january intake, B.Eng Elect. and Elect.

you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.