Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,397 members, 7,891,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:20 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (871514 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
hasan123: Yes. Thank you very much for your Guidance. I finally Got the Visa. You all were really helpful. Thanks again.
Regards,
Hasan

Congratulations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
Naira landers pls I need to clear my self off this one
Issuing authority
Place of issue
What's the difference b/w the two
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2014
bidibudi: Naira landers pls I need to clear my self off this one
Issuing authority
Place of issue

Talking about certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 7:58pm On Jul 24, 2014
justwise:

Talking about certificate?
Nope.
When fill the online application sorry I did not mention that
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 8:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
bidibudi:
Nope.
When fill the online application sorry I did not mention that

bidibudi: Naira landers pls I need to clear my self off this one
Issuing authority
Place of issue

I know but i want to know ...issuing authority and place of issue of what? Certificate or passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2014
Guyz i have a question,in my bank statement i used my married surname but my all documents including CAS and passport i bear my surname when I'm not yet married,I have my marriage certificate,change of name and affidavit with me,do i need that to submit in applying visa?r dey going to question my bank statement cos i bear diiferent surname?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ShmAlohim: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
Hello everyone,
Please I need your advice on this issue if you would be so kind.
I'm about to apply for a Tier 4 student visa to the UK and this is my first time of applying for a visa. The financial requirements include a 3 month bank statement with the required funds held for the past 28 days. After counting down the 28 days however, I discovered that my father, whose account I'm using to apply opened a new account for my study purpose and the account isn't up to 3 months old.
Would this be an issue? Thank you for your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chaze85: Guyz i have a question,in my bank statement i used my married surname but my all documents including CAS and passport i bear my surname when I'm not yet married, I have my marriage certificate,change of name and affidavit with me,do i need that to submit in applying visa? r dey going to question my bank statement cos i bear diiferent surname?

You will be fine with those documents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2014
ShmAlohim: Hello everyone,
Please I need your advice on this issue if you would be so kind.
I'm about to apply for a Tier 4 student visa to the UK and this is my first time of applying for a visa. The financial requirements include a 3 month bank statement with the required funds held for the past 28 days. After counting down the 28 days however, I discovered that my father, whose account I'm using to apply opened a new account for my study purpose and the account isn't up to 3 months old.
Would this be an issue? Thank you for your response.

All you need to do is to keep the money for 28days, the age of the bank account does not matter.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2014
justwise:

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 10:03pm On Jul 24, 2014
justwise:

Thank you by the way if i apply online do i need to write my marriage surname in the application or there's no need?can I write it as my other name?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
Chaze85:

Thank you by the way if i apply online do i need to write my marriage surname in the application or there's no need?can I write it as my other name?

Write the name as it appears on your international passport.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2014
panyam:

yes, they need to.

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bato231: 10:17pm On Jul 24, 2014
All thanks to God. I got my visa with my wife's own today
------
Applied on 10th july, 2014 for my tier 4 visa @ ikeja VAC.

Got notification by email for approved visa on 17th july, 2014

Got my visa with my wife's visa today... 24th july, 2014.

Anyone going to Sheffield Hallam Univ? Lets chat on accommodation stuffs.

Thanks to everyone in the house.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cooljinglepuff: 10:18pm On Jul 24, 2014
justwise:

Do you have enough money in your account to cover the maintenance money?

Yup, I have more than enough money in my account to cover for the maintenance money.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2014
cooljinglepuff:

Yup, I have more than enough money in my account to cover for the maintenance money.

Then you got nothing to worry about.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 10:28pm On Jul 24, 2014
smslive2: Hello Nairalanders...

Submitted a Tier 4 dependent visa with son at Ikeja VAC on Thursday 17th, got an approval email today.

Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.[i][/i]

Documents submitted incase there is anyone who is planning to apply for same...

1. International passport of all dependants valid till date
2. Original bank account statement covering all dependants
3. Letter of support from main student in the UK addressed to the High commission,
4. Family pictures and baby's album
5. Original birth certificates of all dependants
6. Copy of main student’s cas letter, student ID Card, Visa Page
7. Employment letters with 3 months pay slip
8. Copy of tenancy agreement in the uk for the family
9. TB Certificates for all dependants
10. Creche Arrangement for baby
11. Baby's Child dedication certificate
12. Tax Clearance card
13. Oanda printout for online application submission date

Congratulations! You were really prepared for them. Did u put all this together by yourself or through an agent?
I am going to be applying in a week's time. Please put me thru or give me ur agent's contact if u used one.

First, Some document I don't have listed here are

1. Letter of support from main student in the UK addressed to the High commission(don't really know what that is)
2. student I'd card(btw how did u get that)
3. Employment letter (I'm not working at the moment but my husband is)
4. Copy of tenancy agreement ( do we need to have rented a house before getting the visa?)
5. Creche arrangement for my children(don't have a baby, they are 3 and 6)
6. Main applicant tax clearance( as I said I'm not working at the moment)

Secondly, did ur husband or wife(don't know if u are he or she smiley) apply for the visa too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by cooljinglepuff: 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2014
justwise:

Then you got nothing to worry about.

So my mistake earlier on, about forgotten to include the accommodation deposit part, would it counted as a fraud?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:55pm On Jul 24, 2014
cooljinglepuff:

So my mistake earlier on, about forgotten to include the accommodation deposit part, would it counted as a fraud?

No.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 11:31pm On Jul 24, 2014
tobee:
Congratulations! You were really prepared for them. Did u put all this together by yourself or through an agent?
I am going to be applying in a week's time. Please put me thru or give me ur agent's contact if u used one.
1. Letter of support from main student in the UK addressed to the High commission(don't really know what that is)
4. Copy of tenancy agreement ( do we need to have rented a house before getting the visa?)
Secondly, did ur husband or wife(don't know if u are he or she smiley) apply for the visa too.

Do not make the mistake of applying in VI, I applied since the 3rd, nothing yet. Apply through Ikeja.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2014
sashacoleman:
Do not make the mistake of applying in VI, I applied since the 3rd, nothing yet. Apply through Ikeja.

Thanks. I myself plan to apply at Ikeja. Heard many horrible long wait at VI
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 12:02am On Jul 25, 2014
beautyuche:

Please where did she apply as I have been tracking only to see same old "your document have been sent to the british high commision" well I applied 14 july

ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 12:14am On Jul 25, 2014
Is it true that student visa applications made at VI are sent to Sheffield?

That doesn't make sense to me at all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jaysean1(m): 7:40am On Jul 25, 2014
Is there anyone coming to TEESSIDE UNIVERSITY Feel free to indicate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by smslive2: 7:45am On Jul 25, 2014
I did not use any agent, all i did was follow this thread and study the requirements to details and read everything in between the lines

tobee:
1. Letter of support from main student in the UK addressed to the High commission(don't really know what that is) - Main Applicant has gotten her Tier 4 before now, so i got her to write a letter
2. student I'd card(btw how did u get that) - Refer to 1 above
3. Employment letter (I'm not working at the moment but my husband is) - As long as your husband is working, get him to add all his employment details.
4. Copy of tenancy agreement ( do we need to have rented a house before getting the visa?) - Well because she was already in UK, we had to get copy of the tenancy agreement cos one of the requirements is that "We must be willing to stay together in the UK". But since you are both applying together and not in the UK yet, you can either use the school address or better still get a hotel booking for 1 week and state that you will be in the hotel while you secure a better accommodation
5. Creche arrangement for my children(don't have a baby, they are 3 and 6) - Just go to www.ofsted.com and get details of a prep school close to your University, add the report as part of your application, just to show that there are arrangement in place for them. Oyibo no dey use pikin play.
6. Main applicant tax clearance( as I said I'm not working at the moment) - Not compulsory but you can add that of your husband.
Secondly, did ur husband or wife(don't know if u are he or she smiley) apply for the visa too. She had applied before and already have her visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:50am On Jul 25, 2014
tobee:

I am going to be applying in a week's time. Please put me thru .

You are on the wrong path, you don't need any of those in bold and you will be refused

Those are not student visa application materials.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by olumooyee: 8:33am On Jul 25, 2014
fg17:

I am actually for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship. The one the UK Unis nominate candidates for, not the regular on the country nominates and call for interview. though whichever one, all you need is to follow the instructions for applicants and put up a good personal statement and justifications, follow through. After you have done all there is to(your best) then you leave the rest to the Almighty God in prayers, for HE has the final say.

Never had to attend any interview as a shared scholarship candidate. Have seen your PM and will reply, so watch out.

Wish you all the best, "It's Possible"

Good morning, i was selected for d commonwealth shared scholarship june30 and it is bn two weeks since i returned d medical and acceptance forms; haven't recvd my award letter. pls how long do i av to wait?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 25, 2014
I just want to say congratulations to everyone who got a scholarship on here
Really nice

My friend got The Chevening last year...
...and had things made really easy for her

Meanwhile, I did my TB test on Mon(21), and went for my VISA the next day, Tue (22)
A bit of a risk as the Chest XRay may not be all right
Well I did it, ....
In Abuja, cos that was the only venue I could select online
I am glad i did though, smooth transport all the way

At the end of the interview...(all those questions listed here, and yet my answers were halting, smh)
Right now, I have better answers than the ones I gave at the interview in my head
At the end, the guy asked if I heard and understood everything I was asked, I said yes

Anyway, fingers crossed, toes too...you guys pray for me
And thanks so much for your help, and for this thread
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 10:21am On Jul 25, 2014
justwise:
You are on the wrong path, you don't need any of those in bold and you will be refused
Those are not student visa application materials.

@Justwise, First, I will be allowed smiley(just confessing positively). Those are not the documents I will be presenting. I was just commenting on Smslive advice.

Documents I plan to submit for each of us ( me and dependants) are

1 CAS statement
2. Valid international passports
3. Two passport photograph (British approved size and colour)
4. Original statement of account covering me and my dependants including school fees
5. Oanda print out on the day of online application
6. BSC cert as stated on my CAS. ( please is it necessary to submit transcript?)
7. Original Children birth certificate ( they are laminated, I hope this is no problem)
8. Original Marriage certificate
9. Printed online application pages
10. One family picture in each of our files
11. Tuberculosis certificate for me and my dependants

I plan to add crèche arrangement documents for my 3 years old child. ( is it necessary?)

Am I on the right path?
Pls let me know if I have left anything out. Thanks for your usual support!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2014
tobee:

@Justwise, First, I will be allowed smiley(just confessing positively). Those are not the documents I will be presenting. I was just commenting on Smslive advice.

Documents I plan to submit for each of us ( me and dependants) are

1 CAS statement
2. Valid international passports
3. Two passport photograph (British approved size and colour)
4. Original statement of account covering me and my dependants including school fees
5. Oanda print out on the day of online application
6. BSC cert as stated on my CAS. ( please is it necessary to submit transcript?)
7. Original Children birth certificate ( they are laminated, I hope this is no problem)
8. Original Marriage certificate
9. Printed online application pages
10. One family picture in each of our files
11. Tuberculosis certificate for me and my dependants

I plan to add crèche arrangement documents for my 3 years old child. ( is it necessary?)

Am I on the right path?
Pls let me know if I have left anything out. Thanks for your usual support!

If you are able to do that then it will do your application a lot of good.

Your list is ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2014
To everyone in the house (justwise, spikesC etc), please confirm if this are all the docs required for submission for PBS Tier 4 Student Visa

1. CAS
2. BSC as stated in the CAS (can transcript be included?)
3. Tuberculosis Certificate
4. Bank statement (can i add a reference letter - although the account is mine)
5. Oanda print from the day balance was made
6. international passport
7. 2 passport photograph
8. printed online line and appendix 8

pls if thr are any additions, kindly state them
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2014
dspy45:

To everyone in the house (justwise, spikesC etc), please confirm if this are all the docs required for submission for PBS Tier 4 Student Visa

1. CAS
2. BSC as stated in the CAS (can transcript be included?)
3. Tuberculosis Certificate
4. Bank statement (can i add a reference letter - although the account is mine)
5. Oanda print from the day balance was made
6. international passport
7. 2 passport photograph
8. printed online line and appendix 8

pls if thr are any additions, kindly state them

Your list is good, you don't need reference letter

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.