Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,483 members, 7,920,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 01:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (874407 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chiichii2010: 9:50am On Aug 10, 2014
@milychocs can u enlighten some of us about this scholarships,cos I ve a cousin who had a ist class in economics from unizik and ve been looking forward for this scholarship tin for masters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 10, 2014
Chiichii2010: @milychocs can u enlighten some of us about this scholarships,cos I ve a cousin who had a ist class in economics from unizik and ve been looking forward for this scholarship tin for masters.

The Chevening scholarship just became open...Commonwealth Shared Scholarship,.....? Tetley....just google Masters scholarships for Africans/ developing countries...

The British Chevening scholarship is now open...and they increased the number of scholarships....
It is for people with Second Class Uppers and above

I also know schools have their own scholarships too
You can find schools on scholarshubafrica.com and scholarshippositions.com
Then you check for the available scholarships

Goodluck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 10, 2014
I am sorry if I have derailed @ justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 10:51am On Aug 10, 2014
milychocs: I am sorry if I have derailed @ justwise

No offence committed grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 10, 2014
justwise:

No offence committed grin

Thank you
grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 2:58pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for tier 4 student visa this week. Unfortunately I lost my some mark statements and provisional certificate ( which is mentioned in my CAS ) But I got replacement copies of all the certificates from the university.

Unfortunately the university reissued every originals with DUPLICATE stamp on it. I am very much afraid now. Please help what should I do.

I have also asked the university for an attestation letter but they denied to give anything additional.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 3:03pm On Aug 10, 2014
Guys I am very much worried now and my nights are getting filled with nightmares. My Masters in UK is going to contribute so much to my career. I am turning restless and sleepless.
I have spent so much time looking for a solution to my problem but couldn't find any. I found this forum helpful and considered posting here as a last hope. I really can't afford if my visa refused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mokholar: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hello house and @Justwise

Pls I have some questions to ask.

1. I have 2 years visa on my passport gotten in January this year ( i haven't used it). Now I'm applying for student Visa, will they cancel one for the other or they will run concurrently?

2. Will they go through my previous visiting visa applications (as per previous documents submitted to compare notes) to determine whether they will issue me a student visa?

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 4:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
milychocs: Hello @ all

@kemkem30, I just want to say congrats on your scholarship! cool
Really awesome.......go ahead and do us proud!

Here is hoping that everyone on here informs people (yeah, our people really dont know) about available scholarships tp Nigerians, esp Masters programmes)
People who otherwise, would have no means of getting quality education in the UK can do so....and may become that "it" factor that we need for a better Nigeria

From,
a disqualified Chevening candidate (2014) lipsrsealed cry

I had high hopes, and my personal statement and all was great tongue (IMO, lol).....I even got the first thank you for applying mail from them, my friend did not.
But I did not know I was meant to apply for 3 DIFFERENT courses in 3 DIFFERENT schools....I applied for same course in 3 different schools
I believe this was was why I got bounced....
Point is, these scholarships are real......I have a friend whose friend got the Chevening last year

A happy week ahead to everyone
Thanks o, they are many competitive scholarships. I tried Schlumberger (got to the 3rd round), common wealth and others. I am happy to have this. People shld be on the look out early enough. Infact for 2015 admission, the time to start preparing is now. All the best!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
milychocs:

The Chevening scholarship just became open...Commonwealth Shared Scholarship,.....? Tetley....just google Masters scholarships for Africans/ developing countries...

The British Chevening scholarship is now open...and they increased the number of scholarships....
It is for people with Second Class Uppers and above

I also know schools have their own scholarships too
You can find schools on scholarshubafrica.com and scholarshippositions.com
Then you check for the available scholarships

Goodluck
University of nottingham has, the call comes around feb/march.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kemkem30(f): 4:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
dannyabba:

Depends on the school. For most schools, yes. For others, like UCL, no! It depends on what you find in your CAS though or the school's website.
Thanks, nothing like that on my CAS.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 4:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
santhu123: Hi Guys,

I am going to apply for tier 4 student visa this week. Unfortunately I lost my some mark statements and provisional certificate ( which is mentioned in my CAS ) But I got replacement copies of all the certificates from the university.

Unfortunately the university reissued every originals with DUPLICATE stamp on it. I am very much afraid now. Please help what should I do.

I have also asked the university for an attestation letter but they denied to give anything additional.

Any replies on my situation pls. I am too much worried.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:09pm On Aug 10, 2014
santhu123: Hi Guys,

How you mean duplicate stamp?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2014
mokholar: Hello house and @Justwise

Pls I have some questions to ask.

1. I have 2 years visa on my passport gotten in January this year ( i haven't used it). Now I'm applying for student Visa, will they cancel one for the other or they will run concurrently?

2. Will they go through my previous visiting visa applications (as per previous documents submitted to compare notes) to determine whether they will issue me a student visa?

Thank you.

If you have submitted genuine document during your previous application then you got nothing to worry about because check on your previous application will not turn up anything damaging.

Your previous visiting visa will not be canceled because you applied for student visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
justwise:

How you mean duplicate stamp?

They reissued the replacement certificates with 'DUPLICATE' seal/stamp.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
santhu123:

They reissued the replacement certificates with 'DUPLICATE' seal/stamp.

Submit it exactly how they issued it to you and use the blank space in the form to give more details about the issue. If they are in doubt then they will contact your school to verify.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayseis: 7:47pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hello Everyone, @Justwise, @spikesC

I need someone to help me with this information, please. I have booked an appointment for my Tier-4 visa next week in Lagos.

1. What do they mean, exactly, with this? I need more clarification, please.

187. If you are using overseas currency, we will expect you to show (in writing on your
application form) the closing balance in pounds sterling.

Does it mean I WILL USE A PEN TO WRITE MY ACCOUNT CLOSING BALANCE IN POUNDS STERLING ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT I PRINTED OUT? I am confused with this part "we will expect you to show (in writing on your
application form)"

2. As per below, i believe it means the money i need to show will be the total fee for my study (i.e. course fee + maintenance) converted to naira, using the exchange rate on the date of submission of my application. i.e. if my fee is 2000 and the exchange rate for 9th August (Date of application) is 1 GBP = 272.714 NGN, then what i need to have in my account all through the 28 days must not be less than 2000 * 272.714. - Can someone concur with this please.

188. Where your funds are in a currency other than pounds sterling, the amount we consider
will be based on the exchange rate for the relevant currency on the date of your application,
taken from the rates published on www.oanda.com.

3. Finally, and related to 2 above, i want to believe what the section 188 is thus saying is that it does not matter what the exchange rate has been during the 28 days period, the one that count is the exchange rate of the date of your application.

Thank you for your time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by myfuture: 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2014
Please people, I need your opinion on this; the date of birth on my WAEC certificate does not tally with the one on my international passport but the school I applied to said that for English language qualification,no documents are required to be submitted as evidence of it. Actually I am going for a master's programme. My question is whether the British embassy will still want to see my WAEC certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2014
myfuture: Please people, I need your opinion on this; the date of birth on my WAEC certificate does not tally with the one on my international passport but the school I applied to said that for English language qualification,no documents are required to be submitted as evidence of it. Actually I am going for a master's programme. My question is whether the British embassy will still want to see my WAEC certificate.

No they won't as far as its not written on your cas
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:13pm On Aug 10, 2014
jayseis: Hello Everyone, @Justwise, @spikesC

I need someone to help me with this information, please. I have booked an appointment for my Tier-4 visa next week in Lagos.

1. What do they mean, exactly, with this? I need more clarification, please.

187. If you are using overseas currency, we will expect you to show (in writing on your
application form) the closing balance in pounds sterling.

Does it mean I WILL USE A PEN TO WRITE MY ACCOUNT CLOSING BALANCE IN POUNDS STERLING ON THE APPLICATION FORM THAT I PRINTED OUT? I am confused with this part "we will expect you to show (in writing on your
application form)"

2. As per below, i believe it means the money i need to show will be the total fee for my study (i.e. course fee + maintenance) converted to naira, using the exchange rate on the date of submission of my application. i.e. if my fee is 2000 and the exchange rate for 9th August (Date of application) is 1 GBP = 272.714 NGN, then what i need to have in my account all through the 28 days must not be less than 2000 * 272.714. - Can someone concur with this please.

188. Where your funds are in a currency other than pounds sterling, the amount we consider
will be based on the exchange rate for the relevant currency on the date of your application,
taken from the rates published on www.oanda.com.

3. Finally, and related to 2 above, i want to believe what the section 188 is thus saying is that it does not matter what the exchange rate has been during the 28 days period, the one that count is the exchange rate of the date of your application.

Thank you for your time.

1. Yes, though it's not a must
2. Yes, as per the guideline
3. Yes, as per the guideline. But they won't penalise you as you dont have control over the exchange rate of the future
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Itstyme(m): 9:14pm On Aug 10, 2014
spikesC:

No they won't as far as its not written on your cas

Hello Bro! Any news or update regards your application? I salute your courage and level composure after all the unusual delay. I pray and hope it comes out positive at the end.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
Itstyme:

Hello Bro! Any news or update regards your application? I salute your courage and level composure after all the unusual delay. I pray and hope it comes out positive at the end.

Nothing yet o, what else can i do other than to wait.
Amen cool
Thanks man

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 7:43am On Aug 11, 2014
Please I want to pay my school fees with the cheapest conversion rate, Gtb charges 280 on my debit card.

Any suggestions house?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 8:12am On Aug 11, 2014
spikesC:

Nothing yet o, what else can i do other than to wait.
Amen cool
Thanks man

The lord is your muscle bro...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Emmagency(m): 8:13am On Aug 11, 2014
GeneralShepherd: Please I want to pay my school fees with the cheapest conversion rate, Gtb charges 280 on my debit card.

Any suggestions house?

First bank is at 274
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Rachii: 9:04am On Aug 11, 2014
Kindly assist I am applying for a tier 4 general student Visa, I already have my CAS and enough money for myself and dependent. Pls my questions are these:
Can I book an appointment a week before payment? I see a statement saying if do not pay in the next 3 hours, your appointment would be cancelled. I booked on the 10th and intend to pay on the 15th( this is when my money should have reached 28 days in my account) visa Appointment day is 19th.

Secondly, I am using my account to hold the funds required for both me and my dependent, who is not a signatory to this account. Pls is this ok? Or do we require a separate account that would bear the defendant's name, with his own maintenance fund. He is above 18.
Or should I just leave it in my account, as we will be applying together?

Thank you for your time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 9:15am On Aug 11, 2014
Emmagency:

First bank is at 274

Ja bless
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tobee: 10:29am On Aug 11, 2014
Hello house, pls has anyone been to IOM this August for Tb screening. How much did u pay in Naira? I know it is $130 for adults and $52 for children under 11. The last time I called, I was told the rate changes every month, that I should confirm before paying this month. I ve been calling them all day without response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dannyabba(m): 11:05am On Aug 11, 2014
tobee: Hello house, pls has anyone been to IOM this August for Tb screening. How much did u pay in Naira? I know it is $130 for adults and $52 for children under 11. The last time I called, I was told the rate changes every month, that I should confirm before paying this month. I ve been calling them all day without response.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 11:34am On Aug 11, 2014
guiddoti: You are right. I'm not lagos resident and plan to visit my sis then do my tb test. I'ii be coming from Iyano ipaja. How do I go about it?

The bus stop is Abule onigbagbo not onigbongbo. I missed my way following this description. #graciasAdjacent

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:41am On Aug 11, 2014
Rachii: Kindly assist I am applying for a tier 4 general student Visa, I already have my CAS and enough money for myself and dependent. Pls my questions are these:
Can I book an appointment a week before payment? I see a statement saying if do not pay in the next 3 hours, your appointment would be cancelled. I booked on the 10th and intend to pay on the 15th( this is when my money should have reached 28 days in my account) visa Appointment day is 19th.

Secondly, I am using my account to hold the funds required for both me and my dependent, who is not a signatory to this account. Pls is this ok? Or do we require a separate account that would bear the defendant's name, with his own maintenance fund. He is above 18.
Or should I just leave it in my account, as we will be applying together?

Thank you for your time.

If the Appointment Page says you pay in the next three hours after booking, or lose appointment date.... then I advice you do so. I advice you wait till the 15th to book it and then pay immediately.

Your own account for both of you is perfect. He doesn't need to have signatory.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ruksy: 11:58am On Aug 11, 2014
Please I hope I get an shortly. is it necessary to submit photocopies of documents? A fast reply will be appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.