Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,155 members, 7,890,918 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:48 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (871203 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 8:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
ochiaka: i am new here. been reading lots of interesting stuff here. I need ur advice . I'm 30yrs of age I have my b.sc and I wish to run another B.sc in the US. Now concerning my age and I have a 1st degree already, friends please do u think the VO will grant me the student Visa request or should I skip these level and go straight for a masters.I have high interest for dat cousre on a B.sc but if d possibility of getting d Visa for it is not there I don't mind letting go and go for masters. I need your advice and contributions. thanks

If you meet all the requirements for doing a BSc. noone is going to discriiminate against you solely based on your age. I dont know how the US vis a system works but I know about the UK for a fact.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
spikesC:

The question you should ask yourself is this:

1. What's the minimum guaranteed income per month from your business
2. What if your business fails, is there a way out for you
3. How many months do you think that £1000 will sustain you for? Have you made an accurate calculation of your future expenses?

Your outstanding bill is:
Fees: 4400
Accomodation: 1940

4. Do you think your business will be able to fund the above when it is required to be paid?
And also fund your living expenses?

I presume you're going for masters, and you'll be very busy that it would be hard for you to get and maintain a job in the UK.

5. So, can you sincerely assure yourself that your business will fund all the needed expenses within the required time frame?

@spikesC very sorry for responding this late, i beg ur pardon
the truth is that i can only meet up with the remaining 4400 towards the end of my masters period
the remaing 1940 will be paid immediately after 17weeks which the initial payment will cover me for
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 9:03pm On Aug 12, 2014
Guys i want to pay for my online application i used current naira MasterCard for firstbank and it was error cos of i need verification code which i dnt have can i use this paga wd my same account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kindebo: 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hello house, had a slight issue a while ago about my appointment but thanks to you guys the issue has been resolved and got my visa today. Thank you all. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muami(m): 9:45pm On Aug 12, 2014
Congratulations! What date did you eventually submit your application?
kindebo: Hello house, had a slight issue a while ago about my appointment but thanks to you guys the issue has been resolved and got my visa today. Thank you all. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2014
bidibudi:

the truth is that i can only meet up with the remaining 4400 towards the end of my masters period
the remaing 1940 will be paid immediately after 17weeks which the initial payment will cover me for
The truth of the matter is: if your school supports late instalment without additional fees for paying late, there is no worry about that, but you must pay before you finish your masters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kindebo: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2014
muami: Congratulations! What date did you eventually submit your application?
on the 31st of July
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kindebo: 9:54pm On Aug 12, 2014
Pls is there anybody going to Edinburgh?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2014
guiddoti: The truth of the matter is: if your school supports late instalment without additional fees for paying late, there is no worry about that, but you must pay before you finish your masters.
yes they do, there is plan that offer for installment payment u ll be allowed to choose the number of times maximum of 4 installment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sunkymike(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2014
hello everyone , please I need to clarify something.
if I have had more than my tuition+ maintenance fee in my account for months, can I proceed straight away to visa application .
2. can I keep just maintenance fee in my account for 28 days if I'm hoping to get d tuition fee and pay it within that period ?
3. how long on the average does it take to make payment into a UK school account
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 11:01pm On Aug 12, 2014
bidibudi:
yes they do, there is plan that offer for installment payment u ll be allowed to choose the number of times maximum of 4 installment

I would advise you pay partly in four times. Your school will certainly have conditions for late payment. So, dont wait till you have whole sum before you pay. There must be incurred fees for late payment for each installment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
bidibudi:

bidibudi:

Good, it is now up to you to know if you can meet up with the installments
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2014
sunkymike: hello everyone , please I need to clarify something.
if I have had more than my tuition+ maintenance fee in my account for months, can I proceed straight away to visa application .
2. can I keep just maintenance fee in my account for 28 days if I'm hoping to get d tuition fee and pay it within that period ?
3. how long on the average does it take to make payment into a UK school account
thanks

1. Yes, as far as the required amount stays a consecutive 28days

2. Yes, if also you'll be paying the full tuition

3. 3 to 5 working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by realcom: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2014
anyone going to Kent Uni?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:27pm On Aug 12, 2014
realcom: anyone going to Kent Uni?
Hey, have you applied for your visa yet?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 12:32am On Aug 13, 2014
Please am new here, my application was refused because ECO did not see my naira bank statement where 5m was there for 28days and he was using my other back up statement.my school is resuming on sept 15th I want to re apply with just one bank statement now and I want to send admin review for the refusal because the statement of account was there pls I need your advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tjbrown: 6:36am On Aug 13, 2014
Thanks to all for all your comments. Please I am new here, Where will u (@justwise n others) advise me to use in submitting my application, VI or Ikeja? Please reply promptly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 8:50am On Aug 13, 2014
Ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gbemmiey: 9:02am On Aug 13, 2014
Hi, good morning. I went for my appointment at ikj yesterday but i was tld to go for a tb test. So i paid yesterday ( till awaiting appointment date). My questions are as follows
1. How long wld the whole process of test n collection of result take.
2. Concerning my visa appointment, do i have to reschedule or can i still use the one dated yesterday and just explain at the gate. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tjbrown: 9:06am On Aug 13, 2014
sashacoleman: Ikeja
Thanks. But why Ikeja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mosiate(f): 10:50am On Aug 13, 2014
Hello good people of this forum, currently I'm planning on going for my ACCA professional stage in the UK, but my school, Greenwich London College said they'll refused my admission because they are trying to verify my IELTS result and they are not getting response promptly. Other schools i have in mind have had their license withdrawn. Please, I need suggestions on schools that offer similar course and that still have their admission process on.
Note: Every other thing you could think off is available.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Olola15(m): 11:01am On Aug 13, 2014
Try Bpp university
mosiate: Hello good people of this forum, currently I'm planning on going for my ACCA professional stage in the UK, but my school, Greenwich London College said they'll refused my admission because they are trying to verify my IELTS result and they are not getting response promptly. Other schools i have in mind have had their license withdrawn. Please, I need suggestions on schools that offer similar course and that still have their admission process on.
Note: Every other thing you could think off is available.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Amar2627: 11:17am On Aug 13, 2014
Dear all,
I'm very new to this community and i want to make few inquiries, though not sure i am posting in the right post but i am looking forward for your kind assistance all, Please smiley
I have applied for a tier 4 one year student visa and it has been refused. The reasons behind this refusal were explained somehow it was to my expectation:
1)My father is my financial sponsor but his name in english does not match with the name provided in both my passport and birth certificate.
My country uses arabic as first language and therefore like many other places english spellings are prone to mistakes because they are completely operator dependent.
2)There's a discrepancy between my date of birth in my passport and that of the birth passport.
To be honest, this wasn't my fault and i have never had the intention to do such thing. I was a tennis champion and our local tennis union issued me a passport with my age 2 years younger so i can participate in an international tournament. At the time this passport was issued, my previous one was cancelled and therefore i couldn't do anything about it.

Now i am in a very difficult dilemma, i have my funds ready but it is difficult to make an explanation to the UKBA. Saying the truth might accuse me of deception and fraudulence about why there's anage discrepancy while with my current situation i wouldn't be able to proof anything new
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2014
Hello guys I'm going to submit my application on thurs in ikeja,is the interview going to hold in the same day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by HOTWATER(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2014
good day all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2014
tjbrown:
Thanks. But why Ikeja?

Because Ikeja is faster and more organized and because I applied since the 3rd of July at VI and was informed last week that they have no record of my application, so now i'm practically begging them to return my documents which seem to be missing and also because a lot of people who applied there since last month have still not received their passports, should I keep going or you want to just try your luck and apply in VI?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 11:55am On Aug 13, 2014
Amar2627: Dear all,
I'm very new to this community and i want to make few inquiries, though not sure i am posting in the right post but i am looking forward for your kind assistance all, Please smiley
I have applied for a tier 4 one year student visa and it has been refused. The reasons behind this refusal were explained somehow it was to my expectation:
1)My father is my financial sponsor but his name in english does not match with the name provided in both my passport and birth certificate.
My country uses arabic as first language and therefore like many other places english spellings are prone to mistakes because they are completely operator dependent.
2)There's a discrepancy between my date of birth in my passport and that of the birth passport.

To be honest, this wasn't my fault and i have never had the intention to do such thing. I was a tennis champion and our local tennis union issued me a passport with my age 2 years younger so i can participate in an international tournament. At the time this passport was issued, my previous one was cancelled and therefore i couldn't do anything about it.

Now i am in a very difficult dilemma, i have my funds ready but it is difficult to make an explanation to the UKBA. Saying the truth might accuse me of deception and fraudulence about why there's anage discrepancy while with my current situation i wouldn't be able to proof anything new

Can you correct the discrepancy in your birth certificate and passport and move the money in your daddy's account into your account?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sukber: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2014
Hello house, guess something is wrong with these VFS guyz. Got my visa approved since last week and up till 2day I have nt receivd any sms from them. Was at their office at ikeja 2day and dey told me 2 wait for sms. Planned on travelling this weekend. Do not knw wat is wrong with dem. Is any1 facing d same problem 2?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2014
Chaze85: Hello guys I'm going to submit my application on thurs in ikeja,is the interview going to hold in the same day?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tjbrown: 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2014
sashacoleman:

Because Ikeja is faster and more organized and because I applied since the 3rd of July at VI and was informed last week that they have no record of my application, so now i'm practically begging them to return my documents which seem to be missing and also because a lot of people who applied there since last month have still not received their passports, should I keep going or you want to just try your luck and apply in VI?
Is ok. No need for you to keep going.thanks alot.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2014
tjbrown:
Is ok. No need for you to keep going.thanks alot.

grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2014
sashacoleman:

grin grin grin

Hi, have they rectified your issue?

(1) (2) (3) ... (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.