Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,876 members, 7,980,056 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 02:11 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (879289 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 12:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
My advice since you misplaced it, very possible you can still find it. I will say give it till tomorrow evening and if you can't still find it reschedule your interview to Tuesday or so. Then go to the test centre as justwise adviced on monday, you should get a reissue, i believe with a token.

muhddeen3: URGENT PLEASE!!!!

This thread has been most helpful to me, I check in here for almost every small detail of info I need.
Please I have a unique issue and I honestly don't know how to go about it.
I collected my tb certificate on friday 5 sept from the abuja office and my visa interview is 9am on monday 8 September. I checked everywhere but still can't find my certificate. This happens to me all the time. I'll keep things and they'll get lost and I'll never ever see them again no matter how I check. Please I need advice on how to obtain another certificate before my interview on monday. Luckily enough I've made two photocopies of the certificate. Thank you and God bless.
Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Cavenchy(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
KingRuckus: Hello Everyone.
Please I would like to know, if it's necessary to add my parent's bank statement to my application + Letter of sponsorship OR just get all the money I need ( maintenance & all) in my own account & it shud last d 28days.
Can I just drop only my account info. & it'd be like I'm sponsoring myself Or would the embassy ask for the source of the money.
Thanks.

I read tht d use of too much docs. isn't Wise.

For Tier4 Visas and for applicants over 18 (Adult), having money in your own name strengthens your application. The source of the funds is not necessary as long as it has been held for 28 consecutive days on a valid statement not older than one calendar month b4 your application. What is necessary is that your funds are enough and you must ensure that this money is still available to you for your use in the uk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 12:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
If you have the money in your parent account is OK then you will need to submit letter of sponsorship with your application and birth certificate. If you are using your account is OK too but less paper work , means no sponsorship letter or birth certificate and you dont need to provide evidence of where the money is coming from. However, which ever account you are using the money should be in the account 28 days minimum prior to your application.
KingRuckus: Hello Everyone.
Please I would like to know, if it's necessary to add my parent's bank statement to my application + Letter of sponsorship OR just get all the money I need ( maintenance & all) in my own account & it shud last d 28days.
Can I just drop only my account info. & it'd be like I'm sponsoring myself Or would the embassy ask for the source of the money.
Thanks.

I read tht d use of too much docs. isn't Wise.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
I've been so worried also. I submitted my application on 18/08/2014 at Teleperformance in VI and haven't gotten message up till now. I'm actually thinking of going their on Monday to know what's up.

I became worried the more when someone I know applied on 22/08/14 and got a message on 04/09/14 from VFS Ikeja.

Actually, my first application which was refused, I got response in <10 days from VFS Ikeja also.

Anyone with latest experience?
And will going there make sense?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2014
EAkoteyon: I've been so worried also. I submitted my application on 18/08/2014 at Teleperformance in VI and haven't gotten message up till now. I'm actually thinking of going their on Monday to know what's up.

I became worried the more when someone I know applied on 22/08/14 and got a message on 04/09/14 from VFS Ikeja.

Actually, my first application which was refused, I got response in <10 days from VFS Ikeja also.

please dont be worried. your application has been processed but Teleperformance are too lazy to get the passports back from Sheffield. I submitted on the 19th I mailed ukvi and they told me that my visa have been processed
But Teleperformance never reach me since then.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2014
I suggest you just go there and check or better still send a mail to ukvi
EAkoteyon: I've been so worried also. I submitted my application on 18/08/2014 at Teleperformance in VI and haven't gotten message up till now. I'm actually thinking of going their on Monday to know what's up.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by kingsilly(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2014

Wat was d reason for ur refusal(d application u made @ vfs)..??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2014
Alright thanks. I'm relieved a bit- I'm not alone.

However, They are actually preventing me from booking for airline ticket ahead to safe cost.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
@king silly, was refused because they did not take into consideration the Academic Merit Award of about 30% of tuition given by my University. Hence, a shortfall of that Award amount responsible. Meanwhile, my Institution included the information in it's sponsor's note- although I didn't present any evidence myself.

The school has done the necessary thing by sending me a letter to that effect and promised to do everything necessary to have a successful application this time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 1:28pm On Sep 06, 2014
i submitted mine on the 27th and i haven't heard from them either, and they are delaying my preparation. lets just hope they get back to us early

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayboss: 2:07pm On Sep 06, 2014
paradisewoods:

please dont be worried. your application has been processed but Teleperformance are too lazy to get the passports back from Sheffield. I submitted on the 19th I mailed ukvi and they told me that my visa have been processed
@paradise woods,was it 19 of june or 19 of aug u applied,because i applied 15 aug and ive bn sending ukvi mails,but they keep saying my application had not yet been accessed my an ECO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayboss: 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2014
paradisewoods:

@paradise woods,was it 19 of july or 19 of aug u applied,because i applied 15 at teleperformance aug and ive bn sending ukvi mails,but they keep saying my application havent yet been accessed my an ECO
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 2:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
lay86: am happy for you? am still expecting mine i also submitted my application on the 27th of August at teleperformance in V/I. should i be worried that i haven't been contacted yet. i hate the wait.

Yours is 27th mine is since 6th of Aug and as at Friday I have not gotten my passport even though it has been processed at Sheffield since 15th of Aug
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
I applied since 6th of August and I contacted the ukvi who informed me that it's been processed since 15th of Aug only for teleperformance to tell me on Friday that they ve not received it.
Frustrating
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 3:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
muhddeen3:
Yes TB cert. I tried calling them but all the numbers I have are not going through. (08072191122, 08095637898, 08085221487) so I went to the office and the security men said nobody was in. But is the reprinting possible?
Yes, if you have a copy as to trace your application. You may be asked to pay a token.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by coolsam123: 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2014
Please do people get notification messages from vfs over d weekend, i.e. saturday or sunday? Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayboss: 4:18pm On Sep 06, 2014
msRager: I applied since 6th of August and I contacted the ukvi who informed me that it's been processed since 15th of Aug only for teleperformance to tell me on Friday that they ve not received it.
Frustrating
please how did you contact ukvi? cos mine has being showing "not processed yet by an entry clearance officer ECO...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=coolsam123]Please do people get notification messages from vfs over d weekend, i.e. saturday or sunday? Thank you.[/quot
Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.
I got this mail today
But the tracking still remains forwarded to the British commission

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 4:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
bidibudi: Your application has been approved and the visa has been issued. We aim to return passports to the VAC within 2 working days. You can check the location of your passport at www.ukvac-ng.com.
I got this mail today
But the tracking still remains forwarded to the British commission

I got the same message 2 days ago. It is from the UK embassy directly, not from the application centre. The tracking that still remains forwarded to the British commission is from the application centre's website (I presume you used VFS Ikeja or Abuja). I presume it will change when they receive the passport back from the embassy. At least, that's what I am hoping for as we are in the same boat. smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2014
chivitech:

I got the same message 2 days ago. It is from the UK embassy directly, not from the application centre. The tracking that still remains forwarded to the British commission is from the application centre's website (I presume you used VFS Ikeja or Abuja). I presume it will change when they receive the passport back from the embassy. At least, that's what I am hoping for as we are in the same boat. smiley
Yea VFS ikeja applied on the 26th
So how many days are we looking at school resumes 15th
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by chivitech: 4:48pm On Sep 06, 2014
bidibudi:
Yea VFS ikeja applied on the 26th
So how many days are we looking at school resumes 15th

2 days like they said. VFS don't waste time like teleperformance. So go check the third day. I will go check on mine on tuesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by msRager: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2014
jayboss: please how did you contact ukvi? cos mine has being showing "not processed yet by an entry clearance officer ECO...

Just keep sending them mails on the email form eventually it will change
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayboss: 6:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
msRager:

Just keep sending them mails on the email form eventually it will change
ok thanks @msRager
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 7:00pm On Sep 06, 2014
tshegs19: thanks Sir.
Note that the 28 days counting should include the balance of your tuition as well.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
how do you contact ukvi directly to make inquiry about your application
msRager:

Yours is 27th mine is since 6th of Aug and as at Friday I have not gotten my passport even though it has been processed at Sheffield since 15th of Aug
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by EAkoteyon: 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2014
[quote author=bidibudi][/quote]
please how can I contact the embassy directly too to know if visa has been issued or not? This Teleperformance of a thing is really waste of time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jayseis: 8:56pm On Sep 06, 2014
Anyone going to uni of Southampton?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by lay86: 9:03pm On Sep 06, 2014
Anyone going to Bangor
jayseis: Anyone going to uni of Southampton?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muhddeen3: 9:40pm On Sep 06, 2014
koded1999: My advice since you misplaced it, very possible you can still find it. I will say give it till tomorrow evening and if you can't still find it reschedule your interview to Tuesday or so. Then go to the test centre as justwiswe adviced on monday, you should get a reissue, i believe with a token.

Thank you so much. I ran out of hope and had to reschedule for Tuesday 2pm just incase I'll have to retake the test. And again I have another problem. My minimum balance went below 7300GBP (my maintenance fee) by 15000 NGN but I printed a statement of 6months and ive had heavy transactions on it. Presently my balance is more than thrice the required minimum. I hope this reason won't make them reject my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by koded1999(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
i dont really get your question. However, if your account statement go below the required fund, you will have to start counting another 28 days
muhddeen3:
Thank you so much. I ran out of hope and had to reschedule for Tuesday 2pm just incase I'll have to retake the test. And again I have another problem. My minimum balance went below 7300GBP (my maintenance fee) by 15000 NGN but I printed a statement of 6months and ive had heavy transactions on it. Presently my balance is more than thrice the required minimum. I hope this reason won't make them reject my application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by muhddeen3: 10:46pm On Sep 06, 2014
koded1999: i dont really get your question. However, if your account statement go below the required fund, you will have to start counting another 28 days
What I mean is. My balance went 15k short of the required minimum before 28 working days. But now the balance is well above the required.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:05pm On Sep 06, 2014
muhddeen3:
What I mean is. My balance went 15k short of the required minimum before 28 working days. But now the balance is well above the required.

Start recounting

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.