Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,889 members, 7,980,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 05:36 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (341) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (879297 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:04am On Sep 05, 2014
Bambamzzzz: @ Justwise, donoms, spikesC

I just checked my visa and i found out that the dependant name space is empty but my wife intend to apply by September ending to join me,please does this affect anything on her upcoming application? please reply

Did you apply together with your wife?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:05am On Sep 05, 2014
GVA: Thanks everyone. I picked up my visa today at Ikeja. I got the mail on Sunday and had my interview on the 25th. I forgot my collection slip at home cheesy and went there with a printout of the email only for the security man to ask for my slip. I couldnt even recollect what the collection slip looked like. Had to race back home pick it up and then go back to VFS Ikeja. We bless God. For all those still waiting for theirs, you would get it soonest IJN. Anyone going to Lancaster/Manchester Uni? God bless Justwise, donoms, spikesC amd Worry359

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by santhu123: 7:12am On Sep 05, 2014
countsparrow: House please, what is the interview like, I mean d embassy interview... secondly, how do I pay for the Visa application, is it online or in person, or in a bank... Then finally, my maintenance fee is 10,800pounds, I kept 3,000,000naira in my account, but at d end of d month d bank taxed d money making it 2,999,617naira... Hope dis won't affect my 28days rule cos d day it was taxed was my 26th day

Cc justwise

The first interview will be a video conference with someone from Sheffield or the embassy. It will happen in the VFS visa application center if you are applying with VFS.

The video interview will last around 10 minutes. Following are the questions they asked me.

1) Tell me your name, DOB and Nationality.

2) Tell me the name of your course.

3) Why did you chose UK to study ?

4) Why did you chose this university ?

5) Why this particular course and how you think it will suit you ?

5) How this course will benefit you in your future ?

6) Have you ever travelled to the UK before ?

7) What are you going to do for accommodation ?

If they need additional details or have any doubts, they will call you for a face to face interview in the Embassy.

You should pay the visa application fee online at visa4uk website when you submit your application & book appointment online.

Please visit www.oanda.com (the British embassy use this to convert your money to GBP) and check if the minimum amount you have in the bank for 28 days is equal to the money you need for the course and living. However, ECO will take the conversion rate on the date of your application.

Additionally, you may also consider taking a print out of the conversion in oanda.com on your application date and submit with your application. But it is not mandatory.

Hope this helps.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Ishilove: 7:18am On Sep 05, 2014
justwise:

Congratulations!
Thank you sir. More power to your elbow smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dt03(m): 7:35am On Sep 05, 2014
justwise:

That deposit is part of your school fees, so if you can't afford it how then can you afford the whole fees and maintenance money?

Thanks so much on your contribution.... I have a lot of things to do with money I don't have too much money at the moment, I am just asking if it is possible
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:37am On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:

grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:44am On Sep 05, 2014
Dt03:

Thanks so much on your contribution.... I have a lot of things to do with money I don't have too much money at the moment, I am just asking if it is possible

Negotiating for reduced deposit will give them the impression that you don't have the money for fees and maintenance money. Wait until you are ready financially.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Bambamzzzz: 7:50am On Sep 05, 2014
justwise:

Did you apply together with your wife?

i applied alone but she will apply for her own at the end of the month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 7:52am On Sep 05, 2014
Bambamzzzz:

i applied alone but she will apply for her own at the end of the month
In that case her name is not supposed to appear on your visa since you did not apply together.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2014
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by countsparrow: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2014
santhu123:

The first interview will be a video conference with someone from Sheffield or the embassy. It will happen in the VFS visa application center if you are applying with VFS.

The video interview will last around 10 minutes. Following are the questions they asked me.

1) Tell me your name, DOB and Nationality.

2) Tell me the name of your course.

3) Why did you chose UK to study ?

4) Why did you chose this university ?

5) Why this particular course and how you think it will suit you ?

5) How this course will benefit you in your future ?

6) Have you ever travelled to the UK before ?

7) What are you going to do for accommodation ?

If they need additional details or have any doubts, they will call you for a face to face interview in the Embassy.

You should pay the visa application fee online at visa4uk website when you submit your application & book appointment online.

Please visit www.oanda.com (the British embassy use this to convert your money to GBP) and check if the minimum amount you have in the bank for 28 days is equal to the money you need for the course and living. However, ECO will take the conversion rate on the date of your application.

Additionally, you may also consider taking a print out of the conversion in oanda.com on your application date and submit with your application. But it is not mandatory.

Hope this helps.

Thank you sir, that was so helpful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 9:50am On Sep 05, 2014
Nageo: Good day all,

Big kudos to all those that has really made this thread very informative.

I've been following this thread as a guest for sometime but decided to signup so as to enable proper interaction.

I recently got an offer at Sheffield Hallam University, the tuition fee is 9150 (12150 - 3000, discount given to Nigerians) plus maintenance fee of 7380, making it a total of 16530 . With the initial deposit of 1000 as requested by the school, my CAS was sent and I applied for visa on 2nd sept 2014.

My dad can sponsor my stay in Uk effectively but I can't afford to start counting my 28days as the school's intial start date is 15 sept 2014, so we got a sponsorship letter from my local government stating that the sum of 4.5m would be made available to me as soon as the visa is issued.

Do I have to relax that the visa will be approved and issued?

Please I need your thoughts and insight on this.
Thanks.
hey am going to sheffield hallam, have you been speaking to yetunde the school councellor, were you at the predeparture, am sure she can answer your questions well as she's the school rep in nigeria... if you havent pls call her 08074094970
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 10:04am On Sep 05, 2014
Hello house. I will like to know how many working days that it will take my uk visa application(the teleperformance one) to be processed and I would like to know if I apllied a week before my school in the uk resume won't be the reason for my refusal because it was stated on my cas receipt that the latest joining date is october 1(next month) but the initial date that my school resume's is sept 2(this month+ this week) am a little bit worried and today makes it to be the two week and and a day coz I submitted 22 of last month(which makes it to be a week before my school resumes)and some one told me I should have applied a month before my school resumes that I might be refuse I will love to have your professional, brotherly advise on this cause it giving me concerns and worries a lot.......
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by mhoreh: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2014
my friend @chivitech neva do testimony, awon ti oxford we dey wait you grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nageo(m): 10:57am On Sep 05, 2014
mhoreh:
hey am going to sheffield hallam, have you been speaking to yetunde the school councellor, were you at the predeparture, am sure she can answer your questions well as she's the school rep in nigeria... if you havent pls call her 08074094970
Thanks for the info, would definitely talk to her. Wasn't at the pre departure.
Have you gotten your visa?

Would pm you lets talk more
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 11:50am On Sep 05, 2014
Hello house,

I tried to track my application on the UKVI website and I got the following mail

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWF******* and date of birth
**/**/19**) and found that the application has been processed and a
decision was made on 24/08/2014 and it should be with you in the next few
days.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery.

I actually applied through Teleperformance on the 13th of August, I do not know if it is ok to go check or I should just wait till I receive a mail from them stating when ready for pick up.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
pholareen1: Hello house,

I tried to track my application on the UKVI website and I got the following mail

Thank you for contacting the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

We understand that you would like to know about the current status of your
visa application. I have tracked the status (GWF******* and date of birth
**/**/19**) and found that the application has been processed and a
decision was made on 24/08/2014 and it should be with you in the next few
days.

Please note that your passport and documentation could still take some time
to reach you whilst being sent back from the decision making centre and
whilst other administrative formalities are completed. The visa application
centre will be in contact with you regarding the collection or delivery.

I actually applied through Teleperformance on the 13th of August, I do not know if it is ok to go check or I should just wait till I receive a mail from them stating when ready for pick up.

If u reside in lagos go check , it ll cost nothing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
paradisewoods:

If u reside in lagos go check , it ll cost nothing

I will just wait till Monday then when I will be going to Lagos. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2014
Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

With regards to your query, your visa application has been processed, a
decision has been made and should be ready for collection soon.

If you have applied from Teleperformance then you can check the status on
http://www.tpcontact.co.uk/. Please select your visa application centre
from the drop down and login to your account to track your passport. If you
have applied from VFS global then VFS global team will contact you once
your application is ready for collection.

If you have purchased a courier service then your documents will be
dispatched to your address you have provided for courier service. We
appreciate your patience while you wait to receive your documents.

Please what does this mean, it sounds different from the response others get o.

cc Justwise ,spikeC and others
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tshegs19: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hello Everyone. I'm sorry, if dis is drawing all us back ( I checked previous pages but didn't get my answer)
I got an unconditional offer today (Fee is £11300) & I'm to pay 5000 deposit to get my CAS.
Course starts: 19th Jan. 2015
If I open an account with about N5million in it. Do I need to wait for 28days before paying d deposit?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pholareen1(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
paradisewoods: Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

This email is in response to your tracking. that was what I did too and so I got that email. You just wait for a mail from teleperformance or you go check if it is ready for collection
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2014
paradisewoods: Thank you for contacting UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry
Service.

Their messages thesedays does not give much away, so go and pick it up and know what its.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
pholareen1:

This email is in response to your tracking. that was what I did too and so I got that email. You just wait for a mail from teleperformance or you go check if it is ready for collection

But you response is different from mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
justwise:

Their messages thesedays does not give much away, so go and pick it up and know what its.

Okay thank you. I am just worried because I sent them an email stating that I have applied since early augut and I haven't heard anything and that my school is resuming soon and its really making me nervous and that I pray the ECO understands my condition. Please can this query actually cause any harm to my visa application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2014
tshegs19: Hello Everyone. I'm sorry, if dis is drawing all us back ( I checked previous pages but didn't get my answer)
I got an unconditional offer today (Fee is £11300) & I'm to pay 5000 deposit to get my CAS.
Course starts: 19th Jan. 2015
If I open an account with about N5million in it. Do I need to wait for 28days before paying d deposit?

You can pay the deposit as soon as you want.
the 28days waiting period is for the maintenance money
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
paradisewoods:

Okay thank you. I am just worried because I sent them an email stating that I have applied since early augut and I haven't heard anything and that my school is resuming soon and its really making me nervous and that I pray the ECO understands my condition. Please can this query actually cause any harm to my visa application?

nope, it can't
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:00pm On Sep 05, 2014
maka11: Hello house. I will like to know how many working days that it will take my uk visa application(the teleperformance one) to be processed and I would like to know if I apllied a week before my school in the uk resume won't be the reason for my refusal because it was stated on my cas receipt that the latest joining date is october 1(next month) but the initial date that my school resume's is sept 2(this month+ this week) am a little bit worried and today makes it to be the two week and and a day coz I submitted 22 of last month(which makes it to be a week before my school resumes)and some one told me I should have applied a month before my school resumes that I might be refuse I will love to have your professional, brotherly advise on this cause it giving me concerns and worries a lot.......

It takes a minimum of 15 working days (3 weeks) but recently, been taking around a month.
As you submitted 22 August, hopefully, it would be out by the 4th week of september

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 1:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ishilove:

justwise:

grin

I thought i was the only one grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by tshegs19: 1:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
spikesC:

You can pay the deposit as soon as you want.
the 28days waiting period is for the maintenance money
thanks Sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by heemran: 1:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
Hi house,
I have my may/june &nov/dec original waec certificates seized by uk embassy in Lagos since 2009. I changed my surname after i concluded my secondary school in 2002 and also there is a typographical error on date of birth stated on the said certificate as well, 22-aug-1983 instead of 22-aug-1982. House please note that I was denied visa twice and appealed but the appeal was later dismissed.
Now I need your advice on how i can get my certificates back.
Thanks in anticipation of your advice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by maka11: 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
@ spike cc but my school resumed this week and I hope I won't be denied base on the date that the school resumes even though it was stated on my cAs that the latest joining date is 1st of next month....

It takes a minimum of 15 working days (3 weeks) but recently, been taking around a month.
As you submitted 22 August, hopefully, it would be out by the 4th week of september[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (338) (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.