Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,182 members, 7,943,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:18 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (876207 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2012
adebee16: Somebody shout halleluyah! I got my visa!!!plenty tanx to evryone here.special appreciation to donxavier and darkchild,d encouragement I got frm u guys kept me going.una get faith pass mine sef.Uni of greenwich here I come grin

Congratulations. All the best in the next phase... oya start packing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2012
ogheneyoma:

congrats dear. am so happy for u. Am still expecting my text though....*fingers crossed*

you would get yours, dont panic, you definitely gonna share your testimony here.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
penfold: @everybody!!
I thought I was macho...12 working days now, woke up this morning and I almost freaked out!!
Pardon my rookie question, but shebi I can just go to VFS on the 15th working day, whether I get a text or not, whether the tracking shows ready or not, I guess the worst thing that will happen is that they will tell me its not ready and I should come back, and it could be readyt sef and their tracker and SMS alert is not working!!!!!!!!!!!
(Phew!!! am freaking out)

By The Way.....Congrats to everyone who got a Visa!!!

@futuredon...the webenrol portal is now open o, just completed mine now!

loll, that's the worst thing that would happen, but no need getting paranoid, just wait till you get a confirmation either by text or from tracking it. i am positive you are gonna get it. hope to see u in Sheffield. All the best man
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hiskenny49: PLEASE.how much is Uk ticket fee?

your question defines the term ambiguity. where are you travelling from and where in the UK are you travelling to? is it one way or return ticket and which airline are you looking at. try streamlining your question a lil and you would get help. wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 12:41pm On Sep 06, 2012
steph7: Pls is there any1 who applied on the 14th at ikeja , does any1 know if the courier (ups) works on saturdays or does any 1 have their contact number for PH

I don't know if they work on saturdays but you'll get them @ 70 Evo Road, GRA Phase2, PH. I once sent a parcel to Lagos when I was working in PH. I met one beautiful left-handed lady at the reception but I forgot to collect her number grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by richeyy(m): 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2012
adebee16: Somebody shout halleluyah! I got my visa!!!plenty tanx to evryone here.special appreciation to donxavier and darkchild,d encouragement I got frm u guys kept me going.una get faith pass mine sef.Uni of greenwich here I come grin

Congratulations Adebee16 and best wishes in Eliza's country grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Hiskenny49(m): 1:11pm On Sep 06, 2012
He is going to Dublin,so how much is either Virgin A or Arik Ticket fee? THANKS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2012
Dharkchild:

your question defines the term ambiguity. where are you travelling from and where in the UK are you travelling to? is it one way or return ticket and which airline are you looking at. try streamlining your question a lil and you would get help. wink

Dharky your words were far too kind. The question is just damn too unintelligent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bokohalal1: 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2012
I applied on 23rd August and expect my visa by next week Wednesday.

I'v followed every single post and punctuations in this thread and it has been my source of motivation, your testimonies keeps that jittery feeling far away. Every time it tries to rear its head, I simply login here to read testimonies and that solves it.

I followed the rules to the letter and with God's favour, I will be back here to share my testimony next week in the spirit of collegiality for the motivation of other 'silent observers' like me and for the appreciation of travel experts in the house.

It's been a matured thread so far. Thanks for the simple, clear and friendly atmosphere.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by CharlesE1: 1:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
Please can a 3rd party collect the finished visa on one's behalf?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 06, 2012
Charles. E:
Please can a 3rd party collect the finished visa on one's behalf?

I really don't know. I guess it's the guys at the VFS that can tell.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Charles

Only VFS can answer that

@all
This is why I put a post that discussions on tickets should be on the 2012/13 thread

Every observer silent or otherwise will keep coming back here to ask - how much is ticket? Pls help etc

Same with sharing testimonies, it defeats the purpose of this thread being VISA enquiries
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
salsera: @Charles

Only VFS can answer that

@all
This is why I put a post that discussions on tickets should be on the 2012/13 thread

Every observer silent or otherwise will keep coming back here to ask - how much is ticket? Pls help etc

Same with sharing testimonies, it defeats the purpose of this thread being VISA enquiries

I was of the same opinion as you until I realised we can't just be mechanical about some things. We are dealing with human beings here, not robots.

Also some threads move others don't and some gather traffic some don't and people feel drawn to the threads they feel will get adequate coverage.

Not in anyway encouraging derailing of the thread, some things can't be strictly enforced.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2012
Dharkchild:

Congratulations. All the best in the next phase... oya start packing

Yes o!tnx much

cheesy
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hiskenny49: He is going to Dublin,so how much is either Virgin A or Arik Ticket fee? THANKS

Use www.wakanow.com to check for estimate price from a range of airlines
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2012
Donxavier:

Dharky your words were far too kind. The question is just damn too unintelligent.

Loll, just learning to be nice and diplomatic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 4:01pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Steph7

Thanks for the clarification, my visa expires Jan 2014. You've just allayed my fear.

@Penfold

You funny well well grin, just be cool bro, 15 working days is almost here. I'm sure it's gonna come out well. I'll look into the pre-enrollment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by FutureDon(m): 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2012

Congrats ma'am. I knew you would get it. grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 4:05pm On Sep 06, 2012
richeyy:

Congratulations Adebee16 and best wishes in Eliza's country grin grin

Tnx man grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2012
FutureDon:

Congrats ma'am. I knew you would get it. grin

Plenty tanx
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by omopapa: 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
Dharkchild:

LWKMD4here, imagine question? Funny answer too.. UK is vry big with bou 4countries (England,North Ireland, Scotland and Wales) so where Ʊ ddey go there + wc flyt Ʊ wan follow?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Don
People create traffic - they do not just come in and of itself

Same issue we had with people asking for documents to submit again and again. As long as one person offers the link - some people won't read previous pages.

They come to this thread because other ppl come here so they will ask whatever question relevant or not

Anyways that's all I'll say on this.
@charles E
Forgot to add, I've. Collected for someone. In the past. Diffreent regulations for different embassies on the subject
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 06, 2012
salsera: @Don
People create traffic - they do not just come in and of itself

Same issue we had with people asking for documents to submit again and again. As long as one person offers the link - some people won't read previous pages.

They come to this thread because other ppl come here so they will ask whatever question relevant or not

Anyways that's all I'll say on this.
@charles E
Forgot to add, I've. Collected for someone. In the past. Diffreent regulations for different embassies on the subject

So what's your suggestion? Is there a reasonable way to stop people posting irrelevant topics. If it's way too irrelevant like completely out of the way irrelevant, then Yes the posts should be hidden. But if it's related in some way to uk tier 4 issues, don't know how that can be policed to make it strictly application enquiries.

I don't know maybe others can weigh in. That's just my feeling.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pm05337(m): 4:37pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Mr justwise
My sister has established presence in Uk. Having just finished her foundation program on a child visa (she turned 18 this year) which is expiring next month. In terms of the bank statement to present to the HO, she is presenting her dad's account. Someone told me that the BS ought to be hers. Is that true?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by donbigboy(m): 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2012
i have collected for someone in the past at the uk embassy in Abuja, But the applicant has to write a letter of authorization to the effect and sign it, most times they preferd someone from the applicant family member, someone with that shares the same surname with the applicant, they do ask for a form of identification like bio-data page or driving licence of the person collecting on your behalf,

So write your LETTER OF AUTHORIZATION, duly signed by you, and ask the person to attach his or her bio-data page of international passport, pls the person should be your brother or sister ok
Thanks All the BEST
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dotie: 4:51pm On Sep 06, 2012
Hi everyone, i'm new in the house but i have read the thread and contributions by people have been great. I got commonwealth shared scholarship and i also applied for my visa on Aug 23. It's over 2 weeks since i applied. I'm hoping for the best. By the way, i didnt include any statement of account in my application since the scholarship more than covers all my needs for the course. I hope this won't pose any hitch for my application. Besides, i mailed vfs and they replied that my documents are under verification. Hoping to share my testimony soon. Cheers.
boko_halal: I applied on 23rd August and expects my visa by next week Wednesday.

I'v followed every single post and punctuations in this thread and it has been my source of motivation, your testimonies keeps that jittery feeling far away. Every time it tries to rear its head, I simply login here to read testimonies and that solves it.

I followed the rules to the letter and with God's favour, I will be back here to share my testimony next week in the spirit of collegiality for the motivation of other 'silent observers' like me and for the appreciation of travel experts in the house.

It's been a matured thread so far. Thanks for the simple, clear and friendly languages.

I haven't seen anyone going to Queen's Uni, Belfast. Any?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Dharkchild: 5:12pm On Sep 06, 2012
dotie: Hi everyone, i'm new in the house but i have read the thread and contributions by people have been great. I got commonwealth shared scholarship and i also applied for my visa on Aug 23. It's over 2 weeks since i applied. I'm hoping for the best. By the way, i didnt include any statement of account in my application since the scholarship more than covers all my needs for the course. I hope this won't pose any hitch for my application. Besides, i mailed vfs and they replied that my documents are under verification. Hoping to share my testimony soon. Cheers.

U won't have any problem if the scholarship covers all your needs like you stated. Hope to read from you soon. All the best
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 06, 2012
richeyy:

I don't know if they work on saturdays but you'll get them @ 70 Evo Road, GRA Phase2, PH. I once sent a parcel to Lagos when I was working in PH. I met one beautiful left-handed lady at the reception but I forgot to collect her number grin grin
lol, thanks, pls arnd what time shud I expect my text msg, today is my 15th day and the wait is killing me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 5:43pm On Sep 06, 2012
pm05337: @Mr justwise
My sister has established presence in Uk. Having just finished her foundation program on a child visa (she turned 18 this year) which is expiring next month. In terms of the bank statement to present to the HO, she is presenting her dad's account. Someone told me that the BS ought to be hers. Is that true?

She can use her daddy's bank statement with a letter of consent from her daddy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by checkyink(m): 5:50pm On Sep 06, 2012
@adebee16,
I'm also going to greenwich for Msc food safety and quality management,wen are u moving, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by adebee16: 5:54pm On Sep 06, 2012
checkyink: @adebee16,
I'm also going to greenwich for Msc food safety and quality management,wen are u moving, thanks

Yay! @ last.pls let's talk on d thread for "those going to uk 2012/13.tnx

https://www.nairaland.com/1012773/those-going-uk-studies-sept.2012

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by pm05337(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2012
@Mr Justwise...Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (503)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.