Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,646 members, 7,878,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:54 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (89563 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 3:39pm On Jan 03, 2012
You are dunce Ibime. Where will you go to next? The Sun?
I ask for proof and you are bringing Tribal football, Cautghtoffside?
Are these reliable links? You are one tabloid-reading dunce who who will go to any lengths to find anything.
You even go and quote forums? You are a disgrace.

Even when SSN were doing their last minute transfer round up, they never stationed anyone awaiting the signing of Meireles to Chelsea.
Was Meireles that difficult to sign?

Imagine the nonsense from him. . ,  Meireles was available for £13m because he had two years on his contract. He moves to Liverpool where according to Debo and Ibime he is supposedly earning more money. 9  months later, Chelsea were offering £7m for him plus Benayoun. Word has it that Meireles agreed to move to Pool for a meagre package with a verbal agreement that his salary will be reviewed in a season. If Liverpool were so desperate to have him as you claim, why offer a small package?

I thought your IN THE KNOW status was actually informed but silly goat was actually quoting tribalfootball. Go siddon Man!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2012
nateevs:

Are these reliable links? You are one tabloid-reading dunce who who will go to any lengths to find anything.

Even when SSN were doing their last minute transfer round up, they never stationed anyone awaiting the signing of Meireles to Chelsea.
Was Meireles that difficult to sign?

Imagine the nonsense from him. . ,  Meireles was available for £13m because he had tow years on his contract. He moves to Liverpool where according to Debo and Ibime he is supposedly earning more money. 9  months later, Chelsea were offering £7m for him plus Benayoun. Word has it that Meireles agreed to move to Pool for a meagre package with a verbal agreement that his salary will be reviewed in a season. If Liverpool were so desperate to have as you claim, why offer a small package?

I thought you IN THE KNOW status was actually inform but silly goat was actually quoting tribalfootball. Go siddon Man!

i dunno why you pay attention to ibime. . . . his depth level of nincompoopery in advanced levels of football matters is peerless.
he knows next to nothing than to fashion out archaic links where a journalist's opinion is misinterpreted as facts.
tribal football? sun football? no credible quotes from meireles or his agent or the clubs involved and yes, ibime wants us to accept his links as the gospel truth.

some ijaw mothers do have them.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 3:58pm On Jan 03, 2012
We didn't get Modric because Spurs refused to sell.
I repeat AVB had the opportunity of strengthening his squad. Are Modric and Perreira the only players?. One would expect a former scout to know his onions. You don't get whom you want and then you resort to your former reject? What a dummy.

And stop picking on petty things. AVB came in for 15 mil and not 18. You should know that was an error and please i never mentioned pounds, you did. Stop taking cheap shots.

Sorry to annoy you further but it was not £15m. . You've had 2 chances now.
To your other points, no Modric and Perreira were not the only choices but Chelsea did not anticipate that they won't come.
Call it poor planning but that's how it happened. I presume there's something AVB wanted in both players.
He didn't have them and does not have anyone like them in the squad now.
Why don't we chil out and see what happens if/when he does get those/similar players before the cutlasses are drawn?

You can't stop me from having my opinion, players are not the problems of Chelsea.
Your buying a zillion players now will not revive your season.

Maybe you don't get me.
Anelka's absence will not create major problems at the right flank. We have DS playing there.

In the absence of DS we have seen AVB play Torres there. Therefore, we already have ready replacement for Anelka. My 6yr old daughter understands this.

----------PF/Iva/JB--------DL/Iva-----JT/DL/Iva------Cole/PF

-----------------------Mikel/Romeu/Meireles------------

--------------DS/FT----------- FT/DD/RL-------------- Mata/Malouda/Kalou

We are not exactly desperate for more players.
What of SAF who plays Valencia in defence and he says he ain't entering the market.

Yeah players are no the problem at Chelsea yet you are the first to come here after every match-day to tell how Torres is useless.
Is Torres a backroom employee? Is he not a player? So how can you say players are not the problem?

Oh! Let's claim player-management is the problem.Tthat way we can blame AVB for Torres' form. . . This shocking to say the least! The same person who complains about how terrible Mikel is and how Romeu should be playing instead is coming back to tell us players are not the problem.

I am not asking for AVB to sign a gazillion players. All I am asking for is for him to sign a relevant amount of players as he desires. If he does not perform then we can all start the abuses. Before then it's premature.

I cannot begin to tell you how you do not understand the consequence of small squad. You must be the first fan I have ever seen advocating for a smaller squad when we can sign more players. What use will it be for us playing Torres on the right? I cannot take you seriously, you think Malouda and Kalou are good options. Will Malouda and Kalou be scouted by the likes of ManU, City, Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool even as squad players? Please answer honestly.

You still have not addressed my questions still. On what grounds do you think Redneck and Dalglish are better managers than AVB? Please respond.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 4:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
bluediva makes me laugh with her comments about football matters.

if chelsea are losing 2 players in january then common sense dictates villas-boas should get bodies in to replace these players.
should sturridge and ramirez get crocked, chelsea would be left thread-bare and they have not really blooded the youths like man utd for the young'uns to step up to the plate and start league games.

i don't get the arguments that the others are making as if january signings are a taboo. evra, vidic were january acquisitons for man utd. no one is even asking chelsea to spend £100m. it must be torturous being a rent boy these days. they can get players in the division to make up the numbers before they get caught out. there's a reason for a transfer window in january. chelsea should utilize it if they feel they are short in numbers to challenge the manchester giants.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 4:16pm On Jan 03, 2012
@ Nateevs

I don't have proof, but it is unlikely that a player will move from Porto to Liverpool on lower pay at the peak of his career. Even with the verbal agreement to double his wages, I don't think he'd be earning less than at Porto.

Very few transfers happen while a player is at his peak for less money, and those that do usually make the headlines, such as Cesc and Arteta. For ambition they sacrificed salary.

Mereiles may not have been AVB's first choice, but he can't be dissociated from the player's performances.

This still boils down to your ridiculous excuses for AVB - unless/until he gets his first choice players do not bring out the cutlasses?

I guess we can never judge Wenger because he lost Cesc and Nasri right? Or we can't judge Fergie because he failed to get Schneider?

How many players did Dalglish sign before he moved Liverpool from the doldrums into the top 7? His performance over the 5 months from January was STELLAR, even though in midseason, with only TWO additional signings to a Liverpool side in free fall.

Villas Boas had a FULL pre-season, he got £47m to spend on a team that finished SECOND in the league and he can't even produce a month of consistent footie. Yet you're saying let him sign the players he wants FIRST before any judgement?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2012
I don't have proof, but it is unlikely that a player will move from Porto to Liverpool on lower pay at the peak of his career. Even with the verbal agreement to double his wages, I don't think he'd be earning less than at Porto.

Very few transfers happen while a player is at his peak for less money, and those that do usually make the headlines, such as Cesc and Arteta. For ambition they sacrificed salary.

I never said he went for less money. I don't have proof either but I will never categorically state on a public forum as you did that he "definitely" went for more money especially when many reliable sources including the Guardian and Telegraph report that he went for a meagre package with an agreement to increase his wages. Why else will a player be asking for wage increase after only 9 months into his contract if he went on a bumper package? Why else will a player join another club for a meagre package when he was supposedly "adored" by AVB?  Is all this not pointing in one direction? That he was moved out?

Mereiles may not have been AVB's first choice, but he can't be dissociated from the player's performances.
This still boils down to your ridiculous excuses for AVB - unless/until he gets his first choice players do not bring out the cutlasses?

I am not making excuses for AVB. Even though Meireles may not be AVB's first choice he will still shoulder a large portion of the responsibility of the performance of team as he would of the praise that would usher in had he been leading the PL with the same squad. I am just saying based on the events of the transfer window, there are explorable avenues to improve AVB's output - one of which includes signing players. Every Manager does. They sign more players. Am I asking for the impossible for him. . . No!

At least I am providing solutions. The others are blaming and still don' want him to sign players how can that be a way out?

I guess we can never judge Wenger because he lost Cesc and Nasri right? Or we can't judge Fergie because he failed to get Schneider?

It is dumb to bring Wenger and Fergie into this. First those 2 have been at their respective clubs for at least a decade - there are no grounds at all for comparison. Secondly, you cannot ignore the experience at the job which Ferie and Wenger clearly have.

How many players did Dalglish sign before he moved Liverpool from the doldrums into the top 7? His performance over the 5 months from January was STELLAR, even though in midseason, with only TWO additional signings to a Liverpool side in free fall.

Two additional but important signings. I don't do fractional argument. I like holistic reasoning. You fail to mention that Liverpool were in free fall because Torres was dead. They brought in someone who could score goals and the leapt. There's no way to know that Hodgson won't have taken Liverpool out of free fall had Suarez arrived. You also cannot ignore the aura any new Manager brings. Heck even Avram Grant brought some to Chelsea. One year and £120m later, Liverpool have a win ration of 51.4% compared with 41.94%.
Now is it really Dalglish or the money?

Villas Boas had a FULL pre-season, he got £47m to spend on a team that finished SECOND in the league and he can't even produce a month of consistent footie. Yet you're saying let him sign the players he wants FIRST before any judgement?

Why not? Every single manager thrives on signing players. I see him sign personally Mata, Meireles and Romeu and these guys have contributed immensely to our season. I like to see what he can do when allowed to take charge of transfers and bring in more decent players on the cheap who can do the job. It's a shame that we cannot get a full month's worth of consistent football. AVB is learning on the job, he will get better, smarter and wiser. One thing I never doubt though is that he has what it takes to take us to next level. That's all I am asking for.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 5:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
nateevs:

I never said he went for less money. I don't have proof either but I will never categorically state on a public forum as you did that he "definitely" went for more money especially when many reliable sources including the Guardian and Telegraph report that he went for a meagre package with an agreement to increase his wages. Why else will a player be asking for wage increase after only 9 months into his contract if he went on a bumper package? Why else will a player join another club for a meagre package when he was supposedly "adored" by AVB?  Is all this not pointing in one direction? That he was moved out?

The comments by AVB do not support this theory that he was moved out.

I don't know about the 'adored' bit, but clearly Porto is a very financially savvy club that would not risk a player leaving on a free and would seek to make the most off the transfer if he decided not to re-sign.

My view is that a 'low' wage package in Liverpool/EPL terms likely exceeds what he received at Porto.

I am not making excuses for AVB. Even though Meireles may not be AVB's first choice he will still shoulder a large portion of the responsibility of the performance of team as he would of the praise that would usher in had he been leading the PL with the same squad. I am just saying based on the events of the transfer window, there are explorable avenues to improve AVB's output - one of which includes signing players. Every Manager does. They sign more players. Am I asking for the impossible for him. . . No!

Agreed - but judgement cannot be postponed till he gets what he wants. If that is the case, even Steve Kean would say 'give me Fabregas and Nasri and I won't be bottom of the table' as his excuse.

At least I am providing solutions. The others are blaming and still don' want him to sign players how can that be a way out?

That is because they aren't convinced signing more players is the issue - the calibre of players in Chelski at the moment have no business struggling for 4th with Arsenal - they should be battling Utd to be the main competitor to Citeh.

It is dumb to bring Wenger and Fergie into this. First those 2 have been at their respective clubs for at least a decade - there are no grounds at all for comparison. Secondly, you cannot ignore the experience at the job which Ferie and Wenger clearly have.

But you were singing a different tune at the beginning of the season, touting AVB's extensive knowledge of Fergie and Wenger's strategies from his years under JM as evidence that he would outsmart them.

Others have consistently said that he isn't ready for the Chelski job and needs more experience, not necessarily more players so it is quite relevant.

Two additional but important signings. I don't do fractional argument. I like holistic reasoning. You fail to mention that Liverpool were in free fall because Torres was dead. They brought in someone who could score goals and the leapt. There's no way to know that Hodgson won't have taken Liverpool out of free fall had Suarez arrived.

If this argument is to be accepted, then one player is sufficient to make the difference - AVB has bought four (three if you remove Lukaku) and is still struggling. Yet AVB took over a side that finished 2nd in the league and wasn't in relegation freefall like Liverpool.

You also cannot ignore the aura any new Manager brings. Heck even Avram Grant brought some to Chelsea. One year and £120m later, Liverpool have a win ration of 51.4% compared with 41.94%.
Now is it really Dalglish or the money?

Are you quoting win ratios for the whole season (2010/11) or for the period Dalglish was in charge from Jan-May?

Besides, what aura has AVB brought to Chelski? Losing to Arsenal at the bridge conceding 5 goals? Losing to Villa at the bridge? Losing to a promoted side for the first time in ages? Or is he not a new manager?

Why not? Every single manager thrives on signing players. I see him sign personally Mata, Meireles and Romeu and these guys have contributed immensely to our season. I like to see what he can do when allowed to take charge of transfers and bring in more decent players on the cheap who can do the job.

Apart from Romeu, I don't see him getting players on the cheap - his average price is in the region of £12m so far, and he was angling on spending £40m on ordinary ratface grin so I'm not buying the cheap argument.

It's a shame that we cannot get a full month's worth of consistent football. AVB is learning on the job, he will get better, smarter and wiser. One thing I never doubt though is that he has what it takes to take us to next level. That's all I am asking for.

New players will improve any team's output so that's a moot point. The real issue is whether AVB has done as well as he should have with what he currently has. Heck if you give Wenger £40m to buy Poldi, M'Vila and Mo Diarra he will get better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 5:31pm On Jan 03, 2012
You see, when a fool is speaking, its best to keep quiet or be tainted by association.

According to Nateevs:

nateevs:

And amongst the over 20 players that went, asked to leave was Meireles.  

According to AVB:

Ibime:

When I arrived at Porto, he was already five years there and had won several championships and two cups and he felt it was time for him to move.

“We had a conversation when he arrived back from the national team from the World Cup and we decided it was time to part company.

“There was no pushing away of a player of his talent

So what is the fool still trying to debate?

nateevs:

The maga wants me to pull up quote from BBC knowing that BBC only report on a transfer after a bid is official.

In July, websites report that AVB is interested in Meireles as an option. In August, Meireles signs for Chelsea.

There can be smoke (rumours) without fire (action). . . . but there can never be fire without smoke.

Fire confirms smoke.

We saw the fire in August. . . but Nateevs is still arguing that the smoke in July was not correct.

I hope he doesnt die of smoke inhalation.  grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 5:47pm On Jan 03, 2012
debosky:

@ Nateevs

Lemme help you.

Meireles was earning £30,000 per week at Pool or 1,872,000 Euros per annum. . . .and that was supposed to be doubled at year-end

Now look at the top 25 paid Portuguese players in 08/09 season. If you find Meireles name on the list, Ill give you £30,000  cool

Note that the highest paid player in Liga Sagres is Joao Moutinho on 1.2m Euros per annum

Even without the list below, your assumption was 100% correct. . . . but the nit-picking pedant wants you to prove what we all know. . .

Salários dos jogadores Portugueses 08/09

Clube Mensal Anual
1 Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United  7.440.000 €
2 Deco Chelsea FC  6.000.000 €
3 Ricardo Carvalho Chelsea FC  4.740.000 €
4 Paulo Ferreira Chelsea FC  3.600.000 €
5 Luís Figo Internazionale  3.480.000 €
6 José Bosingwa Chelsea FC  3.120.000 €
7 Simão Sabrosa Atlético Madrid  3.000.000 €
8 Ricardo Quaresma Internazionale  3.000.000 €
9 Maniche Atlético Madrid  3.000.000 €
10 Tiago Juventus FC  3.000.000 €
11 Petit Colonia 2.160.000 €
12 Jorge Andrade Juventus FC 1.980.000 €
13 Pedro Mendes Rangers FC  1.920.000 €
14 Nani Manchester United 1.800.000 €
15 Fernando Meira Galatasaray  1.740.000 €
16 Nuno Valente Everton  1.536.000 €
17 Pepe Real Madrid  1.500.000 €
18 Luís Boa Morte West Ham Utd  1.500.000 €
19 João Moutinho Sporting CP  1.200.000 €
20 Bruno Alves FC Porto  1.200.000 €
21 Ricardo Bétis Sevilha  1.200.000 €
22 Nuno Gomes SL Benfica  1.080.000 €
23 Hélder Postiga Sporting CP  € 1.080.000 €
24 Carlos Martins SL Benfica  960.000 €
25 Marco Caneira Sporting CP 900.000 €

AVB kicked out Meireles. . . . . from grass to grace! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ibime:

You see, when a fool is speaking, its best to keep quiet or be tainted by association.

According to Nateevs:
According to AVB:
So what is the fool still trying to debate?
The maga wants me to pull up quote from BBC knowing that BBC only report on a transfer after a bid is official.
In July, websites report that AVB is interested in Meireles as an option. In August, Meireles signs for Chelsea.
There can be smoke (rumours) without fire (action). . . . but there can never be fire without smoke.
Fire confirms smoke.
We saw the fire in August. . . but Nateevs is still arguing that the smoke in July was not correct.
I hope he doesnt die of smoke inhalation.  grin grin grin

Hey oga! I'm curious! Where exactly did AVB make this supposed statement?
I put it into google but I cannot find it on any credible site except . . . . . . Tribal Football.  grin grin
Again!

The funny thing is that all funny links that have the story actually all seem to co-incidentally forget the proper spelling of "manager". . . . (Manger).
What are the chances of that happening once again?
Hmmm!

Find us again that link informing us that Meireles was on £30,000 at Liverpool.

To the !di0t who said Chelsea had been looking for Meireles since the beginning of summer . .
This is Meireles himself talking about his transfer to Chelsea.

"Liverpool asked me to hand in a transfer request, that's normal." (On deadline day).
"There's no point touching this subject any more.
"I was a bit surprised, but now I'm just concentrating on my present and future, and that's with Chelsea."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14823977.stm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ha! I forgot to add that I didn't find any link on tribal-football, I would have added it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
nateevs:

Ha! I forgot to add that I didn't find any link on tribal-football, I would have added it.

be merciful, you don't need to rub it in.
ibime is clueless, debosky is a troglodyte!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
To your other points, no Modric and Perreira were not the only choices but Chelsea did not anticipate that they won't come.
Call it poor planning but that's how it happened. I presume there's something AVB wanted in both players.
He didn't have them and does not have anyone like them in the squad now.
Why don't we chil out and see what happens if/when he does get those/similar players before the cutlasses are drawn?

It wasn't 15 mil ehn? It was what?
Note i never said pounds, i just said 15mil innit? Go back and check.

"The owner didn't pay €15 million to get me out of Porto to pay me another fortune to get out. Our commitment is towards the club and what we are doing in the future," he added. "We have enough talent to compete in all competitions, and that's the perspective we take at the moment."

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1545601.html

“The owner didn’t pay 15 million euros to get me out of Porto to then pay another fortune to get me out of Chelsea,” he said in his post match press conference. “It is not a question of the owner. We have set out to build something new and the club is committed to taking what we are building to the future. Our commitment is to the club and what we are doing in the future. That is the commitment we have to take now.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2011/11/20/2766723/chelseas-andre-villas-boas-confident-he-wont-be-axed

Call me a media wh.o.re for providing links

Ok, we will chill out and see who he buys in Jan.
We will also see what impact they would have.

Yeah players are no the problem at Chelsea yet you are the first to come here after every match-day to tell how Torres is useless.
Is Torres a backroom employee? Is he not a player? So how can you say players are not the problem?

Oh! Let's claim player-management is the problem.Tthat way we can blame AVB for Torres' form. . . This shocking to say the least! The same person who complains about how terrible Mikel is and how Romeu should be playing instead is coming back to tell us players are not the problem.

I am not asking for AVB to sign a gazillion players. All I am asking for is for him to sign a relevant amount of players as he desires. If he does not perform then we can all start the abuses. Before then it's premature.

I cannot begin to tell you how you do not understand the consequence of small squad. You must be the first fan I have ever seen advocating for a smaller squad when we can sign more players. What use will it be for us playing Torres on the right? I cannot take you seriously, you think Malouda and Kalou are good options. Will Malouda and Kalou be scouted by the likes of ManU, City, Arsenal, Spurs, and Liverpool even as squad players? Please answer honestly.

You still have not addressed my questions still. On what grounds do you think Redneck and Dalglish are better managers than AVB? Please respond.

For the sake of over flogging this discussion, i will say ok, let him get players.
I will hound you round here when he buys players and we are still performing woefully.

Leave the Kenny and Harry issue for when i have time.
A lot of write up will be involved.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2012
bluediva makes me laugh with her comments about football matters.

if chelsea are losing 2 players in january then common sense dictates villas-boas should get bodies in to replace these players.
should sturridge and ramirez get crocked, chelsea would be left thread-bare and they have not really blooded the youths like man utd for the young'uns to step up to the plate and start league games.

i don't get the arguments that the others are making as if january signings are a taboo. evra, vidic were january acquisitons for man utd. no one is even asking chelsea to spend £100m. they can get players in the division to make up the numbers before they get caught out. there's a reason for a transfer window in january. chelsea should utilize it if they feel they are short in numbers to challenge the manchester giants.

When will they ever blood them if they keep going to look for 'made men'?
It all started with JM, now it's a norm for every CFC manager to think buying players anyhow is a birth right.

I'm so vexed with the 50 million we spent.
If i was RA, no more spending. Most clubs don't even spend 50 mil in 2yrs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2012
New players will improve any team's output so that's a moot point. The real issue is whether AVB has done as well as he should have with what he currently has. Heck if you give Wenger £40m to buy Poldi, M'Vila and Mo Diarra he will get better.

Too much sense.
However, we have spent too much over the years. Let AVB manage what he has properly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 8:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
All these wahala for a fumbling striker
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
nateevs:

Hey oga! I'm curious! Where exactly did AVB make this supposed statement?
I put it into google but I cannot find it on any credible site except . . . . . . Tribal Football.  grin grin
Again!

Nateevs, must you make a fool of yourself? Instead of humbly admitting that your made-up fantasy that AVB kicked out Meireles is wrong, you have chosen to make a fool of yourself.

A fantasist over the age of 30 is a fool forever.

See his mouth like tribal football bla bla bla.

OK eeediot. . . . why not read it on Chelseafc.com

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2448532,00.html

"When I arrived at Porto he was already five years in Porto and had won a treble championship and two cups. He felt it was time for him to move. . . . . 'There was no pushing away of a player of his talent"

nateevs:

Find us again that link informing us that Meireles was on £30,000 at Liverpool.

No he was on £10,000.

Shebi anything to prove he didnt get a pay rise? Mugu!

You see. . . . a fool would plunge the depths of stupidity just to maintain his senseless argument.

I would give you a hundred links. . . . but BBC does not print player earnings so you might have to make do with certain websites.  grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2012
BlueDiva:

When will they ever blood them if they keep going to look for 'made men'?
It all started with JM, now it's a norm for every CFC manager to think buying players anyhow is a birth right.

I'm so vexed with the 50 million we spent.
If i was RA, no more spending. Most clubs don't even spend 50 mil in 2yrs.

Like I told you some days ago, the real problem is how we have spent.
In the last 6 years, £30m on Sheva, £50m on Torres, £25m on Luiz, £18m on Zhirkov, £18m on Ramires could have been spent more shrewdly. That's over £140m that we cannot account for at this moment in time.

We've erred an awful on the part of transfers. That's done. This solution however cannot be totally saying no to spending but spending shrewdly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
Ibime:

Nateevs, must you make a fool of yourself? Instead of humbly admitting that your made-up fantasy that AVB kicked out Meireles is wrong, you have chosen to make a fool of yourself.

A fantasist over the age of 30 is a fool forever.

See his mouth like tribal football bla bla bla.

OK eeediot. . . . why not read it on Chelseafc.com

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2448532,00.html

"When I arrived at Porto he was already five years in Porto and had won a treble championship and two cups. He felt it was time for him to move. . . . . 'There was no pushing away of a player of his talent"

No he was on £10,000.

Shebi anything to prove he didnt get a pay rise? Mugu!

You see. . . . a fool would plunge the depths of stupidity just to maintain his senseless argument.

I would give you a hundred links. . . . but BBC does not print player earnings so you might have to make do with certain websites.  grin

Hehehe! You have to come back hard with insults because I questioned your sources.
I didn't say AVB did not say it, I only said I was curious because I didn't see it on a credible site.
You want to swallow hook line and sinker because you went on a Liverpool forum?
Now he dude is fuming because I asked him to back up his claims. Who gets mad at stuff like that?

So we say he did really say that. That still does not prove much
He was the Chelsea boss when he said it and Meireles is a Chelsea player.
That statement would be more believable if he (AVB) said it before he became Chelsea boss.

What do you expect him to say, oh! Meireles is crap, I sold him once and I am unfortunate to have him again?
Especially as some parts of the statement throw ambiguity into the whole discussion.

" he arrived back from the World Cup and we decided it was time to part company,". . . . . . . "but there was a common interest to find a solution and that's what happened when he joined Liverpool".
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Ibime(m): 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
The sad irony of Nateevs fantasy that AVB did not want Meireles at Porto is that AVB bought him again.

This would be the 2nd time that AVB "did not want Meireles" according to Nateevs.

I plead the Mancini - I need a psychologist to be able to deal with Balotelli Nateevs on Chelsea thread. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2012
Nateevs,
Clear the air.
How much did AVB cost RA?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2012
nateevs:

So we say he did really say that. That still does not prove much
He was the Chelsea boss when he said it and Meireles is a Chelsea player.
That statement would be more believable if he (AVB) said it before he became Chelsea boss.

What about AVB's comments on Lukaku showing that contrary to your claims AVB did want to buy the player?

"He is one of those players we couldn't afford to lose because of his potential and that's why we made the move in the market even though our team is competitive enough in that sector of the field," said the Chelsea boss.

"But bearing in mind what he has been doing in the last couple of years since starting at Anderlecht at the young age of 16 we didn't want to let this boy escape and it is a question of days or hours till this done."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7095480/AVB-We-had-to-go-for-Lukaku

Next minute Nateevs will come and tell us this case is equivalent to the signing of Islam Feruz.

nateevs:

You are still on this AVB brought in Lukaku rubbish. I am beginning to be embarrassed about this. You might as well say AVB bought Islam Feruz, Lucas Piazon, Ulises Davilla and Thibaut Courtois because they all joined Chelsea after he became Manager. Rubbish! You obviously are oblivious to the way Chelsea works.

grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:11pm On Jan 03, 2012
BlueDiva:

Nateevs,
Clear the air.
How much did AVB cost RA?

£13.3m
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
debosky:

What about AVB's comments on Lukaku showing that contrary to your claims AVB did want to buy the player?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/7095480/AVB-We-had-to-go-for-Lukaku

Next minute Nateevs will come and tell us this case is equivalent to the signing of Islam Feruz.

grin

If anything Debo, it further clarifies my point.

"He is one of those players we couldn't afford to lose because of his potential and that's why we made the move in the market even though our team is competitive enough in that sector of the field,"

Is more than enough proof that he was scout signing. If it was entirely up to AVB, why would he go out and sign a player when he admits. .even though our team is competitive enough in that sector of the field,

Look pal, I don't know how it works at Arsenal but the way it happens at Chelsea is different. Lukaku was identified by the scouting network. Emanalo heads the scouting network and everyone wants a say. The scouts identify a player and run it past AVB. What do you want him to say? No I don't want him? Dude has only been here 5mins? And when the press approach him and ask about Lukaku what do you expect to say? No I didn't want him but they signed him anyway. . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2012
Those comments indicate that AVB wanted to sign him, no doubt about it - you may say he wasn't signed for the present, but he was DEFINITELY an AVB signing.

AVB had been talking about how good Lukaku was and how good a season2010/11 was - all this was since July before the signing went through over a month later.

Nothing about AVB's comments indicate he didn't want the player - that he had been scouted previously is not saying much. There are very few emerging players out there that haven't all been scouted by the big clubs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2012
debosky:

Those comments indicate that AVB wanted to sign him, no doubt about it - you may say he wasn't signed for the present, but he was DEFINITELY an AVB signing.

AVB had been talking about how good Lukaku was and how good a season2010/11 was - all this was since July before the signing went through over a month later.

Nothing about AVB's comments indicate he didn't want the player - that he had been scouted previously is not saying much. There are very few emerging players out there that haven't all been scouted by the big clubs.

On the contrary, Chelsea and Anderlecht already agreed to sign Lukaku before AVB became manager.  The transfer stalled because of terms not being agreed. Chelsea were bargaining to keep the price low by luring them to a a season loan back to Anderlecht. While this was going on, AVB became manager. Perhaps briefed about proceedings and he was asked in the press about Lukaku and he had to respond. . . What would expect him to say if he disagreed with the transfer bearing in mind he just landed? Honestly?

No normal person will conclude that AVB definitely signed him after firstly considering the history and secondly, after this statement.  . even though our team is competitive enough in that sector of the field,

You cannot win on this dude. I followed this kid for over 15months and the Chelsea interest for much longer than for me to be swayed with a few fancy words of yours . AVB 'definitely' signed Lukaku. Please man!

On a side note, it's is quite hilarious you will ever come back to concede this . .

Haha! You remember our spat about "Lukaku was not signed for the first team or not" . . . You argued indefinitely!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 12:33am On Jan 04, 2012
Away from the arguments to real transfer gist. Report have it that we are preparing a £35m bid for Lucas Moura.
Diva's not gonna like this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 12:41am On Jan 04, 2012
@ Nateevs

Comprehension is an issue for you - I said 'YOU may say he wasn't signed for the present' - i.e that is a debatable point but there is no question about AVB signing the player. There was no concession on my part.

Yes Chelski had been scouting him since the beginning of time - the signing had to be approved by AVB. Since AVB was foolish enough to think the current strike force was sufficient, he is just as culpable for spending £18m on a player you didn't need, while you are here complaining that he didn't get the players he needed.

Anyhoo - we agree to disagree.

£35m for an unproven player from South America? Money miss road antics continue! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 12:54am On Jan 04, 2012
35m Pounds is like 50m Dollar

I watched Santos at the Club world cup in Japan and no player there is worth that amount not even the peacokc mohawk sporting Neymar

Now this Moura from Sao Paolo.

6 months down the line they would say its not a coach signing it was Romans
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 2:08am On Jan 04, 2012
nateevs:

£13.3m

Isn't 15mill euro same as 13.2mpounds?
Go back to school nateevs.

I write this
And stop picking on petty things. AVB came in for 15 mil and not 18. You should know that was an error and please i never mentioned pounds, you did. Stop taking cheap shots

and you write this

Are you aware there are other currencies apart from the pounds?
In your haste to type you fail to pay attention to little details.

nateevs:

Away from the arguments to real transfer gist. Report have it that we are preparing a £35m bid for Lucas Moura.
Diva's not gonna like this. 

Keep spending the money.
When he fails tomorrow your excuse will be he wasn't given a free hand to run the club.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by diggz: 5:24am On Jan 04, 2012
35m for any1 rite nw is straight up stupid. Pls,no over-price anoda shekpe keeper. We nid to learn a lot from d TOTs plus ManU.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 7:08am On Jan 04, 2012
BlueDiva:

Keep spending the money.
When he fails tomorrow your excuse will be he wasn't given a free hand to run the club.

At least we are trying to sign a player. Much better than your proposal of 'deliberately' cutting the squad size.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.