Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,611 members, 7,878,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 06:16 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (89556 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

if it wasn't for ronaldo, united wouldn't have won a league title. man utd have missed him a lot.

Only heaven knows what we would have done if Ronaldo was once a Chelsea player.
We would have been relegated. United sell Ronaldo and win a league title and reach a CL final after.

Chelsea fans are creaming over their beloved stars like they were born by the same mother.
Evolve or die.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

they got torres to replace drogba but they have failed to build the team around torres. true or false?

torres and drogba are not the same kind of strikers. drogba is a bully - whether the pass arrives early or late, his physicality enables him to sodomize the senderoses or the vermaelens of this world - torres isn't built like that - the passes must be early enough to quickly isolate him with the last man so that he's often put through one v one with goalkeepers. dayokanu, how many times has torres got a one v one situation since he joined chelsea.

let's compare him to hernandez in the same period. hernandez thrives in united because he receives those passes early enough to put him one v one.
had chicharito joined chelsea, do you think he would have earned a name in the english league with the slow-paced chelsea team?
think about this - would inzaghi, ruud, chicharito and most strikers who often sit on the shoulder of the last defender work @ chelsea?

This is because Inzaghi, Chicharito, Ruud are smart enough to anticipate runs that put them in the situation you described

Do you think aside Adebayor, These are the strikers mostly caught offside?, thats because they always anticipate moves

But Torres wont even be in positions to receive passes because he is somewhere else keeping shape.

When midfielders play into the box, you would expect the strikers to be in the box to pounce.

Let me use this Lampard goal as an example, The Ruud, Inzaghi, Chicharito would be in the box even if they are not the scorer, But our Torres is somewhere else.

How many times Torres got one on one situation? How would he get them when he doesnt even anticipate these moves? and the few ones he got what did he do with them?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 9:19pm On Jan 02, 2012
:d
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

This is because Inzaghi, Chicharito, Ruud are smart enough to anticipate runs that put them in the situation you described

you miss the point massively.
the above strikers anticipate runs to put them in the situation and the precise passes come early as well.

Do you think aside Adebayor, These are the strikers mostly caught offside?, thats because they always anticipate moves

adebayor drifts offside because the passes either come a second late or he mistimes it himself.
at least, the passes often come early for him too. i have seen adebayor so many times put one on one with goalkeepers.

But Torres wont even be in positions to receive passes because he is somewhere else keeping shape.

says who?
torres has been at chelsea for a year. . . . .can you show me any time he's been put one on one with the goalkeeper with him fluffing his lines?
the only one i can recall was the game against united and he finished excellently. he missed the other chance after rounding de gea.
since then, such passes never materialized again.

When midfielders play into the box, you would expect the strikers to be in the box to pounce.

it depends where the said striker is when the move started.
if the striker is involved too deep, you cannot then expect him to initiate moves from deep and expect him to finish off again.

Let me use this Lampard goal as an example, The Ruud, Inzaghi, Chicharito would be in the box even if they are not the scorer, But our Torres is somewhere else.

torres was the 2nd player to receive the ball, lampard was the first player with the ball.
before torres released the ball to cashley, lampard was already @ the edge of the box. torres was too close to cashley on the edge of the box to have received the cross because cashley played a first-time cross.

How many times Torres got one on one situation? How would he get them when he doesnt even anticipate these moves? and the few ones he got what did he do with them?

watch man utd vs chelsea @ old trafford and compare to chelsea's other games since then.
why do people have eyes and not watch football games?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
Hope what they say of nateevs isn't true?
I have regards for you, don't spoil it with these silly responses.

1. You say we rely on people like Ramires and DD and yet expect good performance.
I'm telling you that even though DD was once the most feared, we are still forced to use him because FT is a failure. Is that rocket science?

2. You want new players in Jan, for what? To improve performance ( in other words, to fix the mess).

In the same sentence you blab about how Arsenal and co rely on youth bla bla.
How many times have SAF and AW entered the market in Jan?

A team with Mata, DS, FT, Terry, Lamps, Ashley isn't a bad team.
90% of EPL squad will die to have such a team. We need someone to manage the team and not new players.

I don't understand the rest of your yarns.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

Hope what they say of nateevs isn't true?
I have regards for you, don't spoil it with these silly responses.

1. You say we rely on people like Ramires and DD and yet expect good performance.
I'm telling you that even though DD was once the most feared, we are still forced to use him because FT is a failure. Is that rocket science?

2. You want new players in Jan, for what? To improve performance ( in other words, to fix the mess).

In the same sentence you blab about how Arsenal and co rely on youth bla bla.
How many times have SAF and AW entered the market in Jan?

A team with Mata, DS, FT, Terry, Lamps, Ashley isn't a bad team.
90% of EPL squad will die to have such a team. We need someone to manage the team and not new players.

I don't understand the rest of your yarns.

bluediva, stop following the crowd for once and think.
why's torres fearsome for liverpool and he's appeared shyte at chelsea?

why did berbatov appear shyte for united in his first 2 seasons but he was golden last season?
do you know what it means when you build a team around a star player? do you?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

bluediva, stop following the crowd for once and think.
why's torres fearsome for liverpool and he's appeared shyte at chelsea?

why did berbatov appear shyte for united in his first 2 seasons but he was golden last season?
do you know what it means when you build a team around a star player? do you?

Why is he shyte for Spain?
What better midfielders than that of Spain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

you miss the point massively.
the above strikers anticipate runs to put them in the situation and the precise passes come early as well.

This is what Torres fails to do. The action takes split seconds, Nani is moving with the ball, Hernandez is already moving into position, Thats what makes the move work. Its an art that Hernandez, Inzaghi and Ruud have mastered that makes it look easy and people say they only score tap ins. Getting into those tap in situation is a "skill" in itself

adebayor drifts offside because the passes either come a second late or he mistimes it himself.
at least, the passes often come early for him too. i have seen adebayor so many times put one on one with goalkeepers.

says who?
torres has been at chelsea for a year. . . . .can you show me any time he's been put one on one with the goalkeeper with him fluffing his lines?
the only one i can recall was the game against united and he finished excellently. he missed the other chance after rounding de gea.
since then, such passes never materialized again.

You dont get it, You need to be making the run for the pass to get to you. If Mata is holding the ball, Torres should be making the run anticipating the pass, Not just staying rooted somewhere keeping shape.

At Bayern I have seen Gomez do this, LucaToni, Makaay etc but watching Torres doesnt do these things

it depends where the said striker is when the move started.
if the striker is involved too deep, you cannot then expect him to initiate moves from deep and expect him to finish off again.

Then that means that striker doesnt have the poachers instinct. I believe after watching Hernandez several times the moment he passes the ball, he is already making the run into the box. If Hernandez were to be the one who made that pass to Cole, He would have already started moving into the box even if Lampard scores the goal.

Lemme ask how goals do Man Utd score and Hernandez is outside the box? Even if he isnt the scorer

If the fault is with Chelsea midfielders how come with Xavi, Iniesta etc the result is still the same?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 9:47pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

Why is he shyte for Spain?
What better midfielders than that of Spain.

they don't play to his strengths. . .
team isn't build around him and blah blah blah.

when he had fabregas behind him in euro 2008(when villa got crocked), he ripped teams apart.
he was in the team of the tournament of that same competition after tearing phillip lahm a new butthole in the final.

am i supposed to believe the same torres of that era is really shyte? he's not 37 for us to think he's now too old to function.
how do you plead, missus bluediva?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
Nateevs

If Torres has scored 30 goals since he was bought, Would Anyone even remotely consider starting Drogba?

Would you accuse Management of not thinking ahead and not building the squad with respect to the striking situation?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

when he had fabregas behind him in euro 2008(when villa got crocked), he ripped teams apart.
he was in the team of the tournament of that same competition after tearing phillip lahm a new butthole in the final.

am i supposed to believe the same torres of that era is really shyte? he's not 37 for us to think he's now too old to function.

How many teams did he rip apart in 2008? Even despite Villas injury he still outscored Torres.

And which pass did Fabregas give to Torres that isolated him with a keeper?

Everyone doesnt play to his strenght

Typical apprentice who blames his tools

A mechanic who complains that the hammer was bad, the screwdriver is crocked, the chisel is faulty, the workbench is broken

Symptoms of failure
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 9:55pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

This is what Torres fails to do. The action takes split seconds, Nani is moving with the ball, Hernandez is already moving into position, Thats what makes the move work. Its an art that Hernandez, Inzaghi and Ruud have mastered that makes it look easy and people say they only score tap ins. Getting into those tap in situation is a "skill" in itself

except that torres was doing the same thing for fun at liverpool.
if i post his goals @ liverpool here, you would suddenly feel ashamed of what you have written above.
are you saying torres has lost the ability to make off-the-ball movements and get into position to score? did you ever see torres for liverpool tearing chelsea a new one? not this chelsea with weak defence - the old chelsea with the strongest defence in england.

At Bayern I have seen Gomez do this, LucaToni, Makaay etc but watching Torres doesnt do these things

discuss torres goal against de gea.

Then that means that striker doesnt have the poachers instinct. I believe after watching Hernandez several times the moment he passes the ball, he is already making the run into the box. If Hernandez were to be the one who made that pass to Cole, He would have already started moving into the box even if Lampard scores the goal.

hernandez wouldn't be in the position torres was when he received the pass from lampard.
watch the move again.

Lemme ask how goals do Man Utd score and Hernandez is outside the box? Even if he isnt the scorer

he's an out n out scorer - not a false 9(like torres often does at chelsea).
hernandez has rooney/berbatov to hold the ball and spread the play.  torres doesn't have such @ chelsea.

if he operates like hernandez waiting for the final ball that never comes, he gets blamed for being lazy, lethargic and not effecting the play.
if he rolls his sleeves and plays deep like rooney does, he would be blamed for not having a striker's instinct.

this is playing out like berbatov's criticism in 08/09 and 09/10.
after 2 seasons, fergie built the team around berbatov for half a season and he got 20 league goals.

If the fault is with Chelsea midfielders how come with Xavi, Iniesta etc the result is still the same?

cos the team isn't built around torres @ spain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

A world class player doesn't rely on others to flourish.
Mata was brought in to assist this dud and yet he refuses to fly.

Maybe we should bring in Fab just to help him.
Please give me example of players we need to bring in this Jan for him to flourish.

It's a shame you people even use this as a defence.
Why not just say he is homesick or something? That sounds better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

How many teams did he rip apart in 2008? Even despite Villas injury he still outscored Torres.

germany was one of them at least. it was fun watching him sodomize lahm(the best defender in germany). grin
villa outscored him? the benefit of scoring a hatrick in one game. villa scored 4 goals in 2 different matches.

torres scored 2 goals in 2 different matches. it's not like villa was finding the back of the net in every game he played in that tournament.
oleg salenko scored 5 goals in a game in usa 94. . . . he won the golden boot as a result of that luck against a pathetic cameroon side.

BlueDiva:

A world class player doesn't rely on others to flourish.
Mata was brought in to assist this dud and yet he refuses to fly.

i wonder what would have become of ronaldo without world class players around him in man utd? or @ madrid?
play ronaldo in blackburn fc. . . .i am sure he would score 42 goals a season @ ewood park, won't he?

Maybe we should bring in Fab just to help him.

mata!

It's a shame you people even use this as a defence.
Why not just say he is homesick or something? That sounds better.

it's a disgrace that benitez who i think is mediocre knew how to deploy torres better than ancelotti/villas-boas.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:02pm On Jan 02, 2012
@Diva

You are becoming incoherent. I am going to itemise my responses to you henceforth and I want you to take them in order and respond.

1. Can you please point out where I said we were relying on Ramires and DD to give "good performances" ? Do you remember that I said infact actually said that we were relying on DD and Ramires to get "sexy footie"  . . . not good performances. So why have you responded incoherently? Please answer.

2.  I want players in January to bolster the squad numbers. Because Anelka is leaving, Alex is leaving and Essien has not yet recovered from his injury. Even if he does return now, he cannot rise up to the expected levels of performance needed. However I pointed this out, you ignored and accuse me of silly responses. Instead you are asking why I need players in January . . . Question, do you only sign players to fix messes? Please answer.

3. Can you please point out exactly where I blabbed about Arsenal and co rely on youth? 90% of the PL win die to have who exactly in our squad? Because they play for us does not mean they are good enough. Are you saying 90% of the premiership will die to have Kalou, Malouda, Paulo, Bosingwa, Ramires, Meireles, Josh McEachran, Ryan Betrand, Hutchinson. That's 9 players out of our squad. Can you really prove this? Do you know you don't win anything with just a first 11 but with a squad?

Itemise and respond.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2012
If playing Mata behind Torres is the problem, how come Torres is not performing for Spain with the likes of Fab and Xavi behind him?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 10:05pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

except that torres was doing the same thing for fun at liverpool.
if i post his goals @ liverpool here, you would suddenly feel ashamed of what you have written above.
are you saying torres has lost the ability to make off-the-ball movements and get into position to score? did you ever see torres for liverpool tearing chelsea a new one? not this chelsea with weak defence - the old chelsea with the strongest defence in england.

Even a clueless player gets it right for once. Even Santa Cruz looked like Pele in his first season at Blackburn.

coogar:

germany was one of them at least. it was fun watching him sodomize lahm(the best defender in germany). grin
villa outscored him? the benefit of scoring a hatrick in one game. villa scored 4 goals in 2 different matches.

torres scored 2 goals in 2 different matches. it's not like villa was finding the back of the net in every game he played in that tournament.
oleg salenko scored 5 goals in a game in usa 94. . . . he won the golden boot as a result of that luck against a pathetic cameroon side.

How many games did Torres start and how many did Villa Start

Thankfully they played the same opposition with the same support yet Torres failed as usual
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:06pm On Jan 02, 2012
debosky:

If playing Mata behind Torres is the problem, how come Torres is not performing for Spain with the likes of Fab and Xavi behind him?

You cannot argue that if Torres plays with these guys in their clubs, they won't have sourced out how to make him score.
It's far different from the NT where they have only a few days to train. The manager will stick whoever scores more and concentrate on building play around those players. In this case David Villa.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:07pm On Jan 02, 2012
debosky:

this question has been answered many times, you tools.

first, the spanish team isn't built around torres. . . .

secondly, tiki-taka will never put torres through one v one with a goalkeeper. spain is even slower than chelsea with the transition of the ball.
what they do better than chelsea is to keep possession and deny the opponents the ball. they pass and pass and pass and pass till their opponents can't be bothered to mark and they score from 6 yards.

does that play to torres strengths? jeeeez, have i been arguing with troglodytes?
spain is the worst example to bring on here.
they are the most boring team to watch with 3800 passes they cop per game.

dayokanu:

Even a clueless player gets it right for once. Even Santa Cruz looked like Pele in his first season at Blackburn.

so torres got it once when he scored 18 goals in 22 apps for liverpool?

How many games did Torres start and how many did Villa Start
Thankfully they played the same opposition with the same support yet Torres failed as usual

but without torres' goal, germany would have beaten spain in a penalty shoot-out.
yes, he failed as usual but made the team of the tournament after sodomizing lahm. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2012
David Villa while playing for Valencia also had the same few days to train with Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta yet he delivers regularly

Next excuse sir
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 10:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

this question have been answered many times, you tools.

first, the spanish team isn't built around torres. . . .
secondly, tiki-taka will never put torres through one v one with a goalkeeper. spain is even slower than chelsea with the transition of the ball.
what they do better than chelsea is to keep possession and deny the opponents the ball. they pass and pass and pass and pass till their opponents can't be bothered to mark and they score from 6 yards.

does that play to torres strengths? jeeeez, have i been arguing with troglodytes?
spain is the worst example to bring on here.
they are the most boring team to watch with 3800 passes they cop per game.

So the issue is not playing Mata behind Torres as you said was simple - you are a deluded nincompoop to backtrack on that comment now.

Torres needs to play one on one with the GK is complete and utter nonsense - his best goals do not arise from such moves.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:11pm On Jan 02, 2012
I think it is very obvious that Villa and Torres are completely different strikers. The Spanish build up is slow. One of the reasons Villa moves to Barca and blends in his first season.

Can you explain why Messi does not put up the equal performances for Argentina?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
debosky:

So the issue is not playing Mata behind Torres as you said was simple - you are a deluded nincompoop to backtrack on that comment now.

how is the issue not playing playing mata behind torres? are you such an oaf ?
who is mata playing tiki taka with @ chelsea? cheiiiii, this boy is a simpleton!

the issue is playing mata behind torres.
in spain, mata, xavi, iniesta, villa and busquets are tiki-taka mates. . . .they play that to the t and it works for them.

in chelsea, mata is on his own and his vision makes him thread early through-balls.
his passing statistics also suggests he rarely misuses the ball and he's being wasted as a winger.

Torres needs to play one on one with the GK is complete and utter nonsense - his best goals do not arise from such moves.

google his goals @ liverpool and come back to me.
see the pace at which gerrard launches the ball at torres. dirk kuyt had to be converted to a winger to accommodate torres and yet you blind tools expect him to do the same ish @ chelsea without the support.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 10:14pm On Jan 02, 2012
Messi at least performs for club

Torres fails at club, fails at NT.

First it was play mata behind Torres, Get him technical players , but when they get him technical players in Spain, still same story the excuse changes to they dont play to his strenght, the build up is too slow

What is the next excuse now?

They play on green grass?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:18pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Messi at least performs for club

Torres fails at club, fails at NT.

First it was play mata behind Torres, Get him technical players , but when they get him technical players in Spain, still same story the excuse changes to they dont play to his strenght, the build up is too slow

What is the next excuse now?

They play on green grass?

you are just trying to be thick.

if people can complain chelsea's build up is too slow for torres and then you bring up spain as an example, then your brain needs biodegradable fuel to function.
spain is even slower than chelsea.

i will continue to say it. torres joined the wrong club.
his services would have been more appreciated in man utd and tottenham. 2 teams who play full-throttle with pacy wingers and players with good vision.

can't imagine bale, lennon and modric supplying crisp passes to torres.
he would be leading the scorer's charts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2012
Isolate him with keeper and he would score, like thats a fantastic thing to do.

I am sure if I isolate bluediva with Buffon 10 times she would score 7

The main issue is Bluediva getting into the position to be isolated
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by debosky(m): 10:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ DK

The way he was isolated with De Gea at OT and missed the chance like a Arrow. cheesy

Let's face it - Sharon is a phat demented phool with his head stuck up Torres' Latino arse.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
@ nateevs.

1. You are getting it mixed up.
I didn't say you said we need DD and Ramires to get good performances, on the contrary you claim we can't get good performances with their likes.

AVB has not met my expectations but unlike you, I understand why. So I don't complain unnecessarily.
You want to blame him for not providing the sexy football yet at the same time you buy home and away shirts and print Drogba and Ramires at the back. Go look at teams around the world who play good football, do they have technically inferior players like Ramires and Drogba? So what do you expect from the poor dude?

I then went on to ask why your AVB didn't get players who would give him sexy footie, rather he went for the likes of Miereles. Go back and read my responses.

2. I still don't think the absence of Anelka and Alex is enough reason to go and buy players.
So far we have natural replacements. We can't keep spending money anyhow. We're not contenders for any title anymore, so let's manage what we have till the season ends.

3. The statement about Arsenal and Utd weren't made today. I was referring to your past posts.
Why are you naming Kalou and Malouda? Those were not the players i named and yes, we still have one of the most admired squad in the EPL.
Apart from City, i don't envy any other team squad right now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
debosky:

@ DK

The way he was isolated with De Gea at OT and missed the chance like a Arrow. cheesy

Let's face it - Sharon is a phat demented phool with his head stuck up Torres' Latino arse.

you are a tool. . . .
the one he scored from was one on one with the same de gea. . . .the finish was exquisite!

before the torres miss, count the number of other chances other players missed in the same match.
ramirez missed from open net, sturridge, lampard, etc but those examples wouldn't give you tools the er[i]e[/i]ctions needed to penetrate your spouses.

i am sure debosky/dayokanu has torres' pics on their laptops.
a day would not pass by without passing comments on the ladyboy! buncha oafs!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 10:28pm On Jan 02, 2012
[flash=525,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQv3sfmzYo[/flash]

Please educate your selves and check out how Torres scored all those goals for Liverpool.
A quick check will inform even the dumb that Torres is a class act and needs a particular way to perform.
70% of the goals come from balls over the last defender. And through balls from a distance.
Hardly do you see him score a goal with a box jam packed with defenders. Exactly how Chelsea expect Torres to score.

Other goals he scored from a cross to his head. There cannot be more a handful of crosses to Torres' head and he is a really good header of the ball.

We don't even have a player who can cross a freaking ball. . .

Is this even difficult to see?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
nateevs:

[flash=525,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IQv3sfmzYo[/flash]

Please educate your selves and check out how Torres scored all those goals for Liverpool.
A quick check will inform even the dumb that Torres is a class act and needs a particular way to perform.
70% of the goals come from balls over the last defender. And through balls from a distance.
Hardly do you see him score a goal with a box jam packed with defenders. Exactly how Chelsea expect Torres to score.

Other goals he scored from a cross to his head. There cannot be more a handful of crosses to Torres' head.
We don't even have a player who can cross a freaking ball. . .

Is this even difficult to see?

nateevs, i go vex for you o.
i wanted to post that youtube clip after i must have finished fing[i]e[/i]ring the brain cells of dayo and debosky and now you beat me to it.
it was meant to be their checkmate!

if any manager watches that clip and refuses not to play torres the same way, then he's either plain silly or born feet first.
villas-boas should either sell torres or play him like benitez did. i thought chelsea wanted to adopt benitez's method when they splashed £50m on el-nino.

i thought wrong.
i saw 08/09 premier league years on skysports last week and i concluded torres has been massively mismanaged at chelsea.
he plays for the wrong team. he was a super beast for liverpool.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
Yakubu, Ba, Fletcher, Helguson  all outscores FT.

The least has 7 goals already and you bet they cost a fraction of Torres.
You bet they didn't get players brought in to play to their strength.

Since y'all agree FT doesn't have the right assistance in Chelsea it's time to let him go.
He is not suited for our term, we need a striker that can create and score his own goals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.