Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:35 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London (89548 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:13pm On Jan 02, 2012
Its Wolves you should be beating them?

Considering that you havent won in how many games now vs various opposition

Lampard made a lot of contribution in the game and did a lot of running

The pass to Torres which he touched 5 times before he lost it was from Lampard hope you know?

[size=5pt]I am interested in Chelsea doing well mainly so that Arsenal wont make top 4[/size]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Jan 02, 2012
Easiest of tap in? For Lampard to pass to Torres and still get into position all within a few seconds

Meanwhile what was the shape keeper doing missing all the chances being served?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:16pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

The pass to Torres which he touched 5 times before he lost it was from Lampard hope you know?

[size=5pt]I am interested in Chelsea doing well mainly so that Arsenal wont make top 4[/size]

what about the killer-pass torres fed lampard and lampard was too slow to get there and wolves goalie just scooped the ball up.
i have to say this is one of the best performances of nando torres in a chelsea shirt. he did not hide throughout. he was coming deep to effect the play and he held the ball well for the runners to get a bite. . . .

dayokanu, you cannot fault torres today.
lampard scored a tap-in in a move initiated by torres.

dayokanu:

Easiest of tap in? For Lampard to pass to Torres and still get into position all within a few seconds

Meanwhile what was the shape keeper doing missing all the chances being served?

if you think tapping into an empty net is more difficult that the killer pass from torres to take out 4 wolves defenders then you are a simpleton!
you know nothing about football. watch the pass again. it's not a key pass - it's a killer pass.
the kind of passes that renders defenders useless. no wolves player complained about the goal. . . . .they couldn't fault one another.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 02, 2012
nateevs:

Hehehehe. Ramires saved our blushes!  grin
Diva did you even watch the game? If you did, you will have your hands on your eyes for Ramires.
At best on the 90, he was a pub player.

I cannot believe this is your summary of the game.
As long as a player scores, his contribution however average is irrelevant.
Yet you want to make top four.

Go ask Fergie why Berba scored 20 goals last season and now he struggles to start a game.

Ain't you drinking champagne for Torres who passed to Cole who gave Lamps an assist.
You're praising the pass of a man who passed to the man who scored.  cheesy

Why don't we go further and praise Lamps who passed to Torres before he passed to Cole.

What really is AVB up to?
We ain't playing 'sexy footie', we ain't playing defensive footie, we're just running round the pitch clueless.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

Ain't you drinking champagne for Torres who passed to Cole who gave Lamps an assist.

Why don't we go further and praise Lamps who passed to Torres before he passed to Cole.

We ain't playing 'sexy footie', we ain't playing defensive footie, we're just running round the pitch clueless.

that's the way a lame man with half-a-brain would see it. . . . .
but an astute observer would know torres' pass got the goal. ashley cole just needed to cross(without pressure), lampard must score cos he was all alone to tap into an empty net.

it was torres pass that took 4 defenders out of the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

what about the killer-pass torres fed lampard and lampard was too slow to get there and wolves goalie just scooped the ball up.

If you are feeding someone with a pass, common sense demands to make it at the weight proportionate to the speed of the intended recipent

Torres overhit the "pass".

i
have to say this is one of the best performances of nando torres in a chelsea shirt. he did not hide throughout. he was coming deep to effect the play and he held the ball well for the runners to get a bite. . . .

dayokanu, you cannot fault torres today.

Yet lampard served him a pass which he took 4 touches on and lost inside the freaking box 18? Did you see AVB's reaction to that move?

Did you see the "pass of the match" from Mata to Torres on the 82 min just before Mata was removed ? That isolated Torres with the defender like you suggested they should yet the shape keeper failed to control the ball?

lampard scored a tap-in in a move initiated by torres.

Lampard scored a tap in from a move initiated by LAMPARD which Cole provided the assist.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

but an astute observer would know torres' pass got the goal. ashley cole just needed to cross(without pressure), lampard must score cos he was all alone to tap into an empty net.

How did lampard get all alone when a few seconds earlier he was outside the box? I guess it musta have been some spirited running from him and basic instincts which isolated him to score that tap in
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:25pm On Jan 02, 2012
bbc report:

The much-maligned Fernando Torres, back in the side because of injuries to Daniel Sturridge and Didier Drogba, flourished early on and almost teed up goals for both Juan Mata and Lampard.

Wolves goalkeeper Wayne Hennessey did brilliantly to race out and block Mata's strike after a delightful first-time Torres pass and defender Richard Stearman then did enough to put off Lampard with the midfield poised to shoot home following[b] another astute[/b] Torres through-ball.

dayokanu, can you read?

dayokanu:

How did lampard get all alone when a few seconds earlier he was outside the box? I guess it musta have been some spirited running from him and basic instincts which isolated him to score that tap in

common sense should have told you he started running into the box as soon as he fed torres the pass.
lampard - torres - ashley - lampard.
enough seconds had elapsed for lampard to get into the box. . . .torres didn't have that time.

lampard had more time to get in the box that torres who fed ashley cole. . . .ashley cole crossed the ball the moment he released it.
there's no way torres could have received the same pass seeing that he was the last person to touch the ball before ashley.
use your common sense!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Did you watch the first half at all?
Did you see Torres' two passes. One to set Lamps in front of goal and he scuffs it and the other to Mata in front of goal and he hits it at the goalie?

Why then should Torres be criticised for a mistake that others have made? That's where I do not get the premise of your criticism.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

He managed to pass to Cole and he is a hero.

What if Cole had produced a poor cross or Lamps mishit the cross.
Kudos to Cole for the assist and to lamps for the goal. No accolades here for Torres, sorry!.

Let's be objective, you don't always have to argue upside down to drive home your point.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2012
nateevs:

Did you see Torres' two passes. One to set Lamps in front of goal and he scuffs it and the other to Mata in front of goal and he hits it at the goalie?

Why then should Torres be criticised for a mistake that others have made? That's where I do not get the premise of your criticism.

dayo does not watch english football.
all he wants to see are goal-scorers. . . .as long as a player doesn't score - that player performed badly.

in dayokanu's eyes, maradona performed woefully against germany in mexico 86.
afterall, maradona did not score.

BlueDiva:

He managed to pass to Cole and he is a hero.

What if Cole had produced a poor cross or Lamps mishit the cross.
Kudos to Cole for the assist and to lamps for the goal. No accolades here for Torres, sorry!.

Let's be objective, you don't always have to argue upside down to drive home your point.

i wouldn't argue with you as you have never played football in your 40 yrs on the planet.

i have played footie and i know the difficulty surrounding the pass torres made to find cole on the left channel.
that pass alone cut 4 defenders out of the game. . . .the pass obliterated the offside trap wolves were trying to set. . . .

whatever cole did with the ball and what lampard did with the delivery is immaterial.
jeeez, how do i explain to bluediva what a killer-pass means?

it's like explaining to a kitten what einstein's calculus mean grin cheesy
bluediva, there are other tangibles apart from assist and goals. . . . .you have a keypass and a killer pass.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

So commending Torres for a good game and a good pass means I am drinking champagne for him?
I ask again, did you see the game? Honestly.
If you did, you won't ever say on here that Ramires saved our blushes.

This time in 2009, you were saying we were clueless as well.
You guys now have a penchant for complaining . . . I should take your posts less seriously.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
coogar:

dayo does not watch english football.
all he wants to see are goal-scorers. . . .as long as a player doesn't score - that player performed badly.

in dayokanu's eyes, maradona performed woefully against germany in mexico 86.
afterall, maradona did not score.

Add Diva to that list. It doesn't matter what the players contribution is, as long as he scores.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2012
nateevs:

Which mistake of others have I blamed Torres for Mr Nateevs?

I blamed him for wasting a perfectly good ball Lampard laid to him, blamed him for wasting a good chance laid for him by Mata in the 82 min
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
This is becoming embarrassing?
People praising a 50mil player for a cross, not a goal, not even an assist? An out and out striker for that matter.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by dayokanu(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

People praising a 50mil player for a cross, not a goal, not even an assist? An out and out striker for that matter.

Yes oo. Soon he would be praised for the throwing that led to the pass which was converted
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2012
dayokanu:

Which mistake of others have I blamed Torres for Mr Nateevs?

I blamed him for wasting a perfectly good ball Lampard laid to him, blamed him for wasting a good chance laid for him by Mata in the 82 min

That's may have come across as ambiguous but I did not mean you blamed Torres for Lamps' mistake.
What I meant instead was "Why should Torres be blamed for the same mistakes others made?"
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:37pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

i praised berbatov for his first 2 seasons at man utd before he won the golden boot!
there are other contributions apart from scoring and assisting. it's about time you stop analyzing like drunk naija people.

a scenario. . .

a defender passes the ball to his goalkeeper. . . . .tevez puts pressure on the goalie. goalkeeper was pressured and miskick the ball to david silva.
silva passes the ball to dzeko and dzeko scores into an empty net.

in your eyes, tevez has contributed nothing?
without putting pressure on the keeper or chasing a lost cause, would the goal materialize?

how often do you see goalkeepers passing straight to an opponent at the edge of the box?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2012
LOL @ nateevs and coogar.
You guys are trying so hard to defend Torres.

Maybe he was a little lively today but he still hasn't won critics over.
I shouldn't even mention the passes Mata gave him which he did nothing with.

I think it's time to give Lukaku a try.
He probably wouldn't score just 5 goals in one calendar year. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

LOL @ nateevs and coogar.
You guys are trying so hard to defend Torres.

Maybe he was a little lively today but he still hasn't won critics over.
I shouldn't even mention the passes Mata gave him which he did nothing with.

I think it's time to give Lukaku a try.
He probably wouldn't score just 5 goals in one calendar year. grin

what about the passes torres gave lampard and mata - which they both squandered!
bbc described the passes as astute and delightful. chicharito would score from both chances and torres would get 2 golden assists.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

No it is not becoming embarrassing.
He has suffered from lack of confidence, yes he needs to get a goal.
He has not got the goal but he put in a decent shift today.
Signs of good things to come because believe it or not he leads the line when DD leaves for the ACN.
If he continues to play well, he will gel well with his co-forwards and will score a goal.

I sometimes wonder if you actually want him to do well or you need bad things to complain about.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 02, 2012
a scenario. . .

a defender passes the ball to his goalkeeper. . . . .tevez puts pressure on the goalie. goalkeeper was pressured and miskick the ball to david silva.
silva passes the ball to dzeko and dzeko scores into an empty net.

in your eyes, tevez has contributed nothing?
without putting pressure on the keeper or chasing a lost cause, would the goal materialize?

how often do you see goalkeepers passing straight to an opponent at the edge of the box?

You think we are stupid?
We know when to give credit.

Miereles goal against City was as a result of a brilliant effort from DS.
DS takes kudos here for all the hardwork. Torres' pass was a good pass, no big deal.

Let us also praise Jarvis for the chip that found Fletcher who found Ward who scored.  grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:48pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

You think we are silly?

DS takes kudos here for all the hardwork. Torres' pass was a good pass, no big deal.

Let us also praise Jarvis for the chip that found Fletcher who found Ward who scored.  grin

a chip is not a killer-pass, bluediva.
you need brain-fuel!!! grin

bluediva, how are you holding up in nigeria with fuel going to 150 per litre.
we need you back in scotland. abeg, start packing your g-m-g bags.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

You think we are silly?

Of course! Why not give Jarvis credit?
Hey Diva, contrary to what you think, there are other guys on a pitch who put in a decent shift to get a goal.
In your eyes though, only the goal scorer deserves credit.
Why do you think analysts rate some players with the number of "key passes" they make?

Beer parlour analysis.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 02, 2012
nateevs:

No it is not becoming embarrassing.
He has suffered from lack of confidence, yes he needs to get a goal.
He has not got the goal but he put in a decent shift today.
Signs of good things to come because believe it or not he leads the line when DD leaves for the ACN.
If he continues to play well, he will gel well with his co-forwards and will score a goal.

I sometimes wonder if you actually want him to do well or you need bad things to complain about.  

I will dig out my post where i was elated that we signed Torres.
Should i let sentiments cloud my judgment? He has not justified being bought for 50 mil not even if he was bought for 10 mil.

I love FT and AVB as individuals. I prefer FT as an individual to DD.
However, what matters is what you do on the field.
The day FT picks up i will be his greatest fanatic.

coogar:

what about the passes torres gave lampard and mata - which they both squandered!
bbc described the passes as astute and delightful. chicharito would score from both chances and torres would get 2 golden assists.

You will always find a point to suit you, right?.
When we quote bbc or any media you would call us media whores
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by coogar: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

You will always find a point to suit you, right?.
When we quote bbc or any media you would call us media whores

it's not an opinion, it's a fact!

i criticize you guys as media whores when you glue to the opinion of the media instead of pursuing the facts.
so if bbc says blackburn wallop united by 3-2 and i quote it, then i am a media LovePeddler? really?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
nateevs:

Of course! Why not give Jarvis credit?
Hey Diva, contrary to what you think, there are other guys on a pitch who put in a decent shift to get a goal.
In your eyes though, only the goal scorer deserves credit.
Why do you think analysts rate some players with the number of "key passes" they make?

Beer parlour analysis.

Beer parlour analysis indeed.  cheesy

FT played fairly ok today. He was rated 7/10.
Nobody is picking on him for the fun of it. We expect a top million pound man to be doing more than creating sub assist.

coogar:

a chip is not a killer-pass, bluediva.
you need brain-fuel!!! grin

bluediva, how are you holding up in nigeria with fuel going to 150 per litre.
we need you back in scotland. abeg, start packing your g-m-g bags.

Yea but nateevs still wants me to praise Jarvis for the chip.

We are gearing for a riot to protest the fuel increase.
I'm leading an all women squad. Coogar, i nor get biz with Scotland, more like Ireland.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 7:01pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

I will dig out my post where i was elated that we signed Torres.
Should i let sentiments cloud my judgment? He has not justified being bought for 50 mil not even if he was bought for 10 mil.

I love FT and AVB as individuals. I prefer FT as an individual to DD.
However, what matters is what you do on the field.
The day FT picks up i will be his greatest fanatic.

Hahaha! Quite ironic that the emboldened is coming from you?
Maybe we should ask then . . What is your definition of "What you do on the field"?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2012
BlueDiva:

Beer parlour analysis indeed.  cheesy

FT played fairly ok today. He was rated 7/10.
Nobody is picking on him for the fun of it. We expect a top million pound man to be doing more than creating sub assist.

Of course it is beer parlour analysis.
You should analyse why he's not been scoring and discuss solutions to the problem, instead you are following the train and slating him for missing a chance as though you know of a striker who takes all their chances.

I remember the famous words from 2010. FBS used to say "Though DD has not been scoring, he has been creating"
You know what you used to say in response? "Don't mind Nateevs". . .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2012
1. Nateevs be honest, weren't you happy about the 3pt?
I was happy about it and i don't care if we played woeful, as long as we climb up the table.

2. You want sexy footie, are you getting it? Will you say AVB has met your expectations?
What really has AVB done to show he is better than any other manager we have had.

3. Be honest, are you totally satisfied with FT's performances since he arrived.

4. You are not happy with our transfer history and you believe in youth policy.
Funny enough you are one of those clamoring for players to come in this Jan.

Please i need answers and it better be the truth.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jan 02, 2012
Of course it is beer parlour analysis.
You should analyse why he's not been scoring and discuss solutions to the problem, instead you are following the train and slating him for missing a chance as though you know of a striker who takes all their chances.

I should analyze why the English record transfer player isn't performing and proffer solutions? grin

Maybe we should bring in Xavi and Sergio for those 'killer passes'. Damn, he has those players in Spain and still isn't performing.

Ok, maybe we should instruct all our players not to score when the opportunity presents itself but rather wait for FT to arrive and position himself.

Maybe we should equally make him the highest paid player in England to ginger him or. . .

Just provide a nice broad to give him a good b*****b before every game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London by nateevs(m): 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2012
1. Nateevs be honest, weren't you happy about the 3pt?
I was happy about it and i don't care if we played woeful, as long as we climb up the table.

I was happy with the 3pts. At some point in the game, I said all I want is a win.
However, I will never support that over a season even if we win the PL.
I, unlike you, do not believe in momentary success. I believe in a sustainable philosophy and logic.
You will never attract the best players in the world if you continue to support ugly football. 
Mario Goetze will raher join Arsenal than us, you think because he thinks he will win the PL?

You want sexy footie, are you getting it? Will you say AVB has met your expectations?
What really has AVB done to show he is better than any other manager we have had.

AVB has not met my expectations but unlike you, I understand why. So I don't complain unnecessarily.
You want to blame him for not providing the sexy football yet at the same time you buy home and away shirts and print Drogba and Ramires at the back. Go look at teams around the world who play good football, do they have technically inferior players like Ramires and Drogba? So what do you expect from the poor dude?

3. Be honest, are you totally satisfied with FT's performances since he arrived.

No I am not satisfied with his performance so far. However, and again, I understand why he has not performed.
So I wait until I see a change of personnel. If he doesn't score then I'll give up.
What I will not do though is complain about every kick, every pass every throw as though he priced himself for £50m.

4. You are not happy with our transfer history and you believe in youth policy.
Funny enough you are one of those clamoring for players to come in this Jan.

I want the youth to ply games. One other thing I want is to not suddenly become Arsenal.
We need 3 players immediately to fill in for Alex, Anelka and Essien.
These are senior players. We have the right quota of young players in the team already.
Those who are not ready yet have gone on loan. I will not ask more youngsters to fill in the spots of senior players.
There needs to be balance in the team and that's why I want us to go out in January.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (101)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (1 - 1) On 26th October 2014 / UEFA Champions League Quarter Finals Live Draws & Fixtures / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2017/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.