Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:53 PM

Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! (47766 Views)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Tomorrowkn: 3:34pm On Dec 20, 2011
You are a worshiper of Oyedepo or a member of "Winners Republic"?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by solomon111(m): 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
Gadols:

Visit www.davidoyedepoministries.org and be blessed. There are archived messages to bless you richly.
I rest my case from now on.

Jesus is Lord.

I LOVE DR DAVID OYEDEPO.
Madam,I am a xtian, and wud not join anyone in insulting oyedepo.But your attitude is not helping matters at all.It is very unbiblical to praise a man of God,the way you have been doing.You are disgracing xtianity.It is a tragedy that at this age of your life,your biblical knowledge and mental faculty is almost zero.I am ashamed for you.SMH
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by tjadeba(m): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2011
It is not a new phenomenon to see how people get brainwashed by a certain personality.It has been happening from time immemorial.But in my few years on earth,i have been able to witness that of Jesu Oyingbo and his followers.I have seen Olumba Olumba Obu and his followers.I have seen Sat Guru Mahraj ji and his followers.These principals are highly gifted,they know how to bamboozle a multitude and i dare say that most of these so-called pentecostal pastors are same.They feed fat on the ignorance of their subjects.It does not matter if these subjects are professors or other learned fellows,they are just the type that never see beyond what they are told.I am not in any way surprised that some people still do not see any wrong in the action of Oyedepo and are even ready to 'go up in arms' for him. It all bothers down to their mindset.

Another reason for this is the state of the nation. I can bet it with anyone that if the government of the day or the ones we have had in times past have made it their responsibility to provide good food,24 hour light,shelter,potable water,good road network,sound education,appreciable security of lives and properties,good medical care and social welfare for its citizens and teeming unemployed population,then people wont have to see the church/mosque or the man of God as their only hope.This will will eradicate the mentality that there is someone somewhere who possess evil spirit behind your inability to own a house,a car and other basic luxuries hence the drastic fall in the number of church goers as these are some of the reasons why people flood the church- It is the last hope of the common man.

Do people even ask themselves why the Europeans that brought Christianity to us are not as religious as we are or worship their pastors like we do? It is because all what they basically need are provided by their government and it will be kind of silly or strange to go to church and pray for these things we pray for.All i am saying here is that if the present generation witnesses a new Nigeria,you will see that many churches will close down,just as it is in Europe and America.

Until there is a new Nigeria, there will be so many 'winches' to be slapped and burnt and so many charlatans in the name of pastors.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Tomorrowkn: 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
yes OOOO
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by omosexy1: 3:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
karpenter:

How has the poster exposed his family? This is a forum where nobody knows anybody. You intentionally refused to appreciate his point and smoothly tried to divert attention to something of no consequence.
Let me summarise his points. The poster believes that religion and its practises are meant to positively change people ways of life. According to him, his brother’s wife negative behaviour has not changed despite so many years in Winners. That's the point, my friend and stop beating about the bush!!!

GBAM!!!

Christians ooopss Church goers, are we not expected to exemplify good behaviors. When you associate yourself with any organisation, you are expected to key into the mission and vision of that organisation and as an ambassador express the good deeds you have learnt from the organisation. Sometimes it beats my imagination, with the level of religious practices and increase turnover of people patronizing religious houses, Nigeria is still ranked among the most corrupt countries in the world. Now when I say these stu.pid men of God (as they claim) don't have the interest of the country (where they profit from) at heart, some vulnerable mind like Gagol would disagree. Are they not leaders? Are they not expected to groom role models? If every religious leader seek it true in their heart to ensure that their members are righteous (I mean ensure, not use lip service to talk) won't Nigeria solve 85% of its corrupt issues and even crime issues. Would they do that,  I don't think so, that was how a member of christ embassy stole money from his workplace to go and pay tithe to Pastor Chris and even the Pastor REFUSE TO RETURN THE MONEY BACK after there was prove to show him. Now that's a man of God with Nigeria's interest. Oh I now hear he dines with corrupt politicians. LIKE MINDS
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Tomorrowkn: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2011
grin "Great Minds Think Alike" grin
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 20, 2011
karpenter:

How has the poster exposed his family? This is a forum where nobody knows anybody. You intentionally refused to appreciate his point and smoothly tried to divert attention to something of no consequence.
Let me summarise his points. The poster believes that religion and its practises are meant to positively change people ways of life. According to him, his brother’s wife negative behaviour has not changed despite so many years in Winners. That's the point, my friend and stop beating about the bush!!!

Gadols:

Good one.
YOU are the biggest fool for justifying uncalled for slap.YOU are serving a man of God and not God.If it was your mother that was slapped like that,would you still come here and spill craps? ONLY in Nigeria can slap be given and the man will go Scot free, Like i have,time to seek God and not just men of God,time to  be honest with ourselves, how many souls has that slapped won for Christ? she was even condemned to hell, common,that's the peak of it all, I am a Christian and a good one ,bt on this slap issue,i totally agreed that it was uncalled for.and for the exposing part of my family,this is a public forum.Time to return to God and not men of God,
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by talktrue1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2011
why are people praying for someones downfall? people are jealous because the pastor is rich. If the members are not rich, how can the pastor be rich. Nobody ever borrowed to give offering or pay tithe. so, the richer one becomes, the higher his givings.

If u spare a child today, the child will spoil tomorrow. Remember in the bible when Jesus scattered the tables of the people selling inside the church.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Tomorrowkn: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
2Timothy 3 vs 16 and 17     says  "All scriptures is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped, for every good work."

which other message do you have except what you have inside the Bible can ever bless you? Tell me !!

Someone now tells you to visit so so website to be blessed. Is he GOD? Can he ever create? Can he give life? can he bring back to life a dead man? Who can ever bless you except GOD?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Leaders in the church are not to "lord it over" their members
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Royal2011: 4:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
We need not be quick to judge.Remember,Jesus flogged people that were selling in the synagogue.if it is this modern day CNN would have carried it.When Bishop slapped the Girl, the Girl would not have felt any pain, he had hitting the demon.Those who do deliverance know exactly what I am saying.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by omosexy1: 4:18pm On Dec 20, 2011
Royal2011:

We need not be quick to judge.Remember,Jesus flogged people that were selling in the synagogue.if it is this modern day CNN would have carried it.When Bishop slapped the Girl, the Girl would not have felt any pain, he had hitting the demon.Those who do deliverance know exactly what I am saying.
I hate to insult people. but you are a DOG, come oh dog get sense, a Buffoon, Idiot. Why you no go mek him slap you. Oyedepo is a bastard and a fraud (quote me anywhere). Even to his face I will tell him that, I hear sey him get temper mek him slap me. I guarantee him sey church go close. STUPID
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by means(m): 4:27pm On Dec 20, 2011
People, I've said it earlier in my posts. No matter what you say, you cannot convince these mentally deficient people who call themselves Winners so let them alone.
But we thank God that He Jehovah is the God of all. Not for winners alone.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by karpenter: 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2011

Must you twist the bible to justify everything? Did Jesus ever flog those who came seeking for help? Please, it’s better to accept the pastor’s mistake instead of coming to this public forum to spew out ridiculous statements.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by doctokwus: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2011
D more u see people defend this wicked act of a fraudster,d more u bgin to wonder what can make a man have such a hold on people also blessed wt d gift of reasoning:poverty,frustration,life challenges?Ironic that we now practice a religion that was colonially transferred to us worse than d colonialists themselves;conmen in d guise of MOG have rephrased d holy book to suit their pecunary interest& line not just their pockets but their whole suit& now airplanes.Sooner or later,d veil too will b torn frm their hypnotized followers eyes& brain
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by PatKing(f): 5:11pm On Dec 20, 2011
leave Him alone, concentrate on your selves.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by tavon(m): 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2011
witches? demons? evil spirits? in 2011? wow us africans have a long way to go. Stupidity cant be cured
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by tuogun(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2011
I am very upset that this kind of thing will happen and then someone will say Jesus flogged people at the temple why did Jesus not beat or slap the demon possessed man?
@ Royal2011 I will be right to assume that you are talking from experience , if not how will you know that the girl did not feel any pains? angry If you watched the video clearly, you will see the girl trying to cover her face when she thought the bishop was going to slap her the second time.
For the "bishop" to even brag about this shows he has a high level of arrogance in him.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by doctokwus: 5:28pm On Dec 20, 2011
PatKing:

He relinquished d right to b left alone,d moment he slapped that INNOCENT girl.He can hoodwink his followers,that's their legitimate choice to make but physical abuse of a probably coerced& threatened,barely literate person& doing it in d name of God is going beyond d limits of human decency,d law& even d bible he proclaims to live by
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by doctokwus: 5:29pm On Dec 20, 2011
PatKing:

He relinquished d right to b left alone,d moment he slapped that INNOCENT girl.He can hoodwink his followers,that's their legitimate choice to make but physical abuse of a probably coerced& threatened,barely literate person& doing it in d name of God is going beyond d limits of human decency,d law& even d bible he proclaims to live by
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2011
If daddy OLE-DEPO decides to change from using slaps to using his joystick for deliverance, those hallucinating losers around will still applause.

If your demi-god is for real with the multitude he has in congregation, Nigeria would have been the best place to live on earth. FOOLS!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by bankylan: 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2011
@ Omosexy1, Go to your knees now and ask God for forgiveness? I can give you my phone number if you want to contact me. Write this down today, A time is coming in your life where you will be looking for a man of God to pray for you, You can tell me to go to hell, you can say all sorts of things, But I want you to know that you have done what God hates most.
Upcoming events in your life will make you understand this better. My worst fear for you is your generation to come. They will have to wrestle in spirit for the curse to have not effect on their lives. You have activated eternal curses with dangerous consequences, Act now, I advise, act now, I advise, act now, You can say anything, but not to someone with God's ordination.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2011
Nice one omosexy and solomon111. It is an outrage that people can think in this way. It's a travesty. My annoyance is aimed at the fact that so many Nigerians are hoodwinked easily. I am a christian but I am ashamed at the way and manner people who call themselves Christians act. You must have love, joy, peace, patience kindness, goodness, be gentle and have self-control. You must not show pride. Dr. Oyedepo did not show much of these traits when he acted.

If you call yourself a christian and choose to still defend him then that is just remarkable.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2011
All these comments wouldn't reduce his congregation as long as their prayers are being answered. Why cant y'all pitch thy tent with ur own Man of God and leave this man alone. Whether what he did was right or wrong,  it non of your damn business. Hes dedrauding people, how manypeople have u seen pointing an accusing finger on him since 1981 tht he's fraudulent? You are all being jealous of his progress.  He's a grown man.he can handle himself. Whose fight are y'all fighting? God or the girl? And if he's arrogant, leave him alone.Its  normal to boast about what yiu are sure of especially when it comes with the matter of fait. Paul in the Bible was the same. And if Christianity is not for you, pick any religion or be an atheist andleave those wo chooses to be Christians in any denomimation to do whatever pleases them.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by ypad: 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2011
The Bible says though hand join in hand the wicked will never go unpunished. even Jesus Christ our Lord and Master was never brutal to anyone. this is an indication of false pastor. one thing I know for sure is that all this false pastors will never go scot free.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sagamite(m): 7:32pm On Dec 20, 2011
bankylan:

@ Omosexy1, Go to your knees now and ask God for forgiveness? I can give you my phone number if you want to contact me. Write this down today, A time is coming in your life where you will be looking for a man of God to pray for you, You can tell me to go to hell, you can say all sorts of things, But I want you to know that you have done what God hates most.
Upcoming events in your life will make you understand this better. My worst fear for you is your generation to come. They will have to wrestle in spirit for the curse to have not effect on their lives. You have activated eternal curses with dangerous consequences,  Act now, I advise, act now, I advise, act now, You can say anything, but not to someone with God's ordination.

You are a cretin!

The fears, pressures and uncertainty of Nigerian life combined with poor mind development is what has turned you into this scared cat that is looking for and anticipating looking for metaphysical intervention. The same combination that your thieving Men of Con use to effectively scare you and milk your dumb arse.

Moooron! Curse ko, cuss cuss ni!

Fcking Ediot!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by tavon(m): 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2011
Bem_bem:

All these comments wouldn't reduce his congregation as long as their prayers are being answered. Why cant y'all pitch thy tent with your own Man of God and leave this man alone. Whether what he did was right or wrong,  it non of your damn business. Hes dedrauding people, how manypeople have u seen pointing an accusing finger on him since 1981 tht he's fraudulent? You are all being jealous of his progress.  He's a grown man.he can handle himself. Whose fight are y'all fighting? God or the girl? And if he's arrogant, leave him alone.Its  normal to boast about what yiu are sure of especially when it comes with the matter of fait. Paul in the Bible was the same. And if Christianity is not for you, pick any religion or be an atheist andleave those wo chooses to be Christians in any denomimation to do whatever pleases them.

Why dont you practice what you preach. its non of your damn business if we find fault in your old daddy you call "man of god"
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Shola2009(m): 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2011
We're finished ooo . .smh
See the thousands of mugus in that church or is it stadium, hailing the man.Calling someone witch and assaulting the person on-top. Na so Jesus teach the, na. To say that our enemies must die by fire and all what-not ,instead of praying for them. By slapping and assaulting people to cast out demons. smh. angry
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sagamite(m): 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2011
Shola2009:

We're finished ooo . .smh
See the thousands of mugus in that church or is it stadium, hailing the man.Calling someone witch and assaulting the person on-top. Na so Jesus teach the, na. To say that our enemies must die by fire and all what-not ,instead of praying for them. By slapping and assaulting people to cast out demons. smh. angry

They are desperate, deluded mooorons!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by bankylan: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2011
@ Sagamite, I am on leave, and that is why I have time to address someone like you. One thing I want you to know is that, there are thousands who are more educated than you, richer than you by all standards, and more enlightened than you that are workers and worshipers in Winner's chapel. Why do you think they chose to serve God in this church?
In my own church, I see millionaires, and CEOs, the 'haves and the have not' serving God fervently. To talk about myself, I have a B.SC degree, and MBA degree, I work in Lagos, married with a kid. I currently consult for big organizations, and I serve in the house of God, and I am very comfortable with my job, So, you can't in any way define me as someone who is not liberated financially or socially.
I don't know your level of education, but I am sure that you can't be that educated to justify an attack on the man of God. Maybe, you are not a xtian, but if you are, then I am sure you are still not born again. If you claim to be born again, them maybe it is a case of mental disorder as no sane real xtian will attack the man of God verbally.
    I have offered my advice, if you and your likes will not desist, then-be prepared for what to befall you.
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by logica(m): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2011
bankylan:

I have offered my advice, if you and your likes will not desist, then-be prepared for what to befall you.    
At the end of the day, they call your type an educated ignoramus. There were people better educated than you, richer than you etc (just as you claim here) but died in the "Guyana Tragedy" at Jim Jone's advice. Do you have any further words of wisdom?
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Sagamite(m): 8:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
bankylan:

@ Sagamite, I am on leave, and that is why I have time to address someone like you. One thing I want you to know is that, there are thousands who are more educated than you, richer than you by all standards, and more enlightened than you that are workers and worshipers in Winner's chapel. Why do you think they chose to serve God in this church?
In my own church, I see millionaires, and CEOs, the 'haves and the have not' serving God fervently. To talk about myself, I have a B.SC degree, and MBA degree, I work in Lagos, married with a kid. I currently consult for big organizations, and I serve in the house of God, and I am very comfortable with my job,  So, you can't in any way define me as someone who is not liberated financially or socially.
I don't know your level of education, but I am sure that you can't be that educated to justify an attack on the man of God. Maybe, you are not a xtian, but if you are, then I am sure you are still not born again. If you claim to be born again, them maybe it is a case of mental disorder as no sane real xtian will attack the man of God verbally.

You are a cretin!

You can not be half as enlightened as my 10-day old poo if you work or worship at Winner Losers Chapel.

If you like have Trillionaires at Losers Chapel, so the fck what? You have a BSc and an MBA but yet believe in "Winches" and "Curses"? You give your money to a Con man to buy private jet? And think you are enlightened? Which quack places gave you degrees? FOOOL!

Bloody semi-literate illiterate!
Re: Video : Bishop David Oyedepo Responds To Slap-gate ! by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2011
bankylan:

In my own church, I see millionaires, and CEOs, the 'haves and the have not' serving God fervently. To talk about myself, I have a B.SC degree, and MBA degree, I work in Lagos, married with a kid. I currently consult for big organizations, and I serve in the house of God, and I am very comfortable with my job, So, you can't in any way define me as someone who is not liberated financially or socially.

Lmao. Makes me remember the question 'Who is an educated man?',

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

This Catholic Priest Is Missing (photo) / The Catholic Faith: What You Need To Know / Apostle Suleman Raises Dead Child Back To Life - Trezzyhelm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.