Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,819 members, 7,872,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:02 PM

Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) (7979 Views)

10 Most Ridiculous Lies North Koreans Are Made To Believe / Sixty Years Ago, Most South Koreans Were Illiterate; Today.... / Video & Pictures Of Obama Crying As He Thanks His Campaign Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 20, 2011
Even with the highest order or cruelty and going to the extent of starving it citizens, paying them $3 to $10  per month as salary, they still weep for their President  after he was announced dead as if it was a Plane Crash, even the News Caster that announced the Death on North Korean TV, u dnt want to see her crying face

My Question is, can this happen in Nigeria and who brainwashed this people?

[flash=540,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSWN6Qj98Iw[/flash]
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by dare2think: 11:26am On Dec 20, 2011
Looks more like a crying contest.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by buzugee(m): 11:27am On Dec 20, 2011
the black man is all cried out. no mo tears.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by buzugee(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2011
besides that is orchestrated crying. if you refuse to cry you will be beheaded grin

1 Like

Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by deco2come: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2011
The whole Nigeria, I think the answer is "No" but as for the ethnic group where the president come from, I guess some might mourn for him. @Post, you have to understand that ethnicity plays a great role in whatever Nigeria is doing today. No matter how good a president is in Nigeria, some people will find fault with him because he does not belong to them and this is exactly why most people won't cry.

A good example is the death of Ojukwu. Most of the Igbos mourn for him in one way or the other but compare it to other ethnic groups in Nigeria, most don't even think about him twice.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 20, 2011
buzugee:

besides that is orchestrated crying. if you refuse to cry you will be beheaded grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Shokoloko(f): 11:31am On Dec 20, 2011
it is fake. my korean inlaw said they were forced to cry like that for the media. its a law
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by justwise(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2011
buzugee:

+100
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by deco2come: 11:34am On Dec 20, 2011
Shokoloko:

it is fake. my korean inlaw said they were forced to cry like that for the media. its a law

Are you leaving in North Korea. How did you get in contact with your Korean husband? I swear Nigerians are everywhere grin grin grin
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Afam4eva(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2011
Cry or die. That's the law in North Korea right now.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Nobody: 11:38am On Dec 20, 2011
I couldn't cry or mourn the death of all the Nigerian leaders bunched together - State Governors, their Deputies, President and his Deputy. I honestly wouldn't feel a thing, and to suggest otherwise would make me a hypocrite.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by misterh(m): 11:41am On Dec 20, 2011
Also my thoughts. Was the man that loved when he was alive? Did anyone cry when Yar'adua(RIP) died apart from family members?
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Afam4eva(m): 11:42am On Dec 20, 2011
On the contrary, Nigerians rejoice when there leaders die.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by honeric01(m): 11:43am On Dec 20, 2011
Another man's food is one man's poison, just because the west says he was a demon does not mean all those crying didn't like him.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by kewe(f): 11:52am On Dec 20, 2011
Yes we can if we have a reason to
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by velo10: 12:00pm On Dec 20, 2011
odiaero:

My Question is, can this happen in Nigeria and who brainwashed this people?

Nobody brianwashed them. Are you surprised that even in a dictatorship people mourn their leaders while unlike in your democratic Nigeria your leaders are hated with disgust? Believe me if anything happens to Jo(God forbid), it's only the ND that will mourn.

Well while these people are busy crying, millions still in in North Korea are rejoicing silently
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Joey82(m): 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2011
If Jonathan dies today, the north will go celebarating, at least sambo will have a shot at the presidency, just the same way the south celebrated while the north mourned when Yar' adua died.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by amblors(m): 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2011
how many of our leaders would get 'state mourning' let alone national?
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by omenziate(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
Looks like a scene from all dis japanese flicks, tokyo raiders or shanghai knights. Happy crying for koreans, una tear lachrymal (tear )glands need work.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by juman(m): 12:08pm On Dec 20, 2011
Yes it's possible, of a fatherly or motherly leader.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by juman(m): 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2011
buzugee:

the black man is all cried out. no mo tears.
grin grin grin

buzugee:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by member479760: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2011
Did you want to cry for leaders that failed you in all aspect of life?

The N koreans get $3/month, but they have electricity, health service, education, house, road, security, they are living far better than we in Nigerian. makaka!
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Kx: 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2011
Nigerians weep daily when they see death corpses on the roads as a result of road accidents occasioned by bad road.
They shed tears when they read newspapers with bold headlines 9billion stolen by govt officers
They cry when PHCN equipment electrocute their wards
They cry when the govt they voted in to make life better for them spoils their joy with daily news of removal of fuel subsidy, kersosene price going from N80/ litre to the current N150/litre, vehicle plate numbers going from N12k to over N40k, Lekki tolls etc.

The tears has dried from the Nigerian Tears Bank.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by justwise(m): 12:15pm On Dec 20, 2011
nakedall:

Did you want to cry for leaders that failed you in all aspect of life?

The N koreans get $3/month, but they have electricity, health service, education, house, road, security, they are living far better than we in Nigerian. makaka!

You must be posting this from mental-health hospital.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Afam4eva(m): 12:20pm On Dec 20, 2011
justwise:

You must be posting this from mental-health hospital.

Is he lieing?
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2011
afam4eva:

Is he lieing?

If they have everything why then did they depend on foreign aid to feed their people?
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by HyeBits: 12:27pm On Dec 20, 2011
^^^, because of foreign sanctions.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by Akwasi(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2011
Those guys are just crying because failing to do so might land you in a concentration camp. It is a communist state you know. Everyone is like a robot seeking favor
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by justwise(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2011
Hye-Bits:

^^^, because of foreign sanctions.

Foreign sanction shouldn't affect you if you feel that you don't need outside world.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by VoodooDoll(m): 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2011
In "modern" times we have had two leaders rulers die. Yar'Adua and Abacha, none were mourned with tears by the public.
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by estatemark(m): 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2011
Those guy are not crying as we are made to believe, as per mourning our leaders, it depend on the extend such a leader has affected our lives. Good leaders will always be remembering even when they out of office
Re: Crying Feast: Can Nigerians Mourn Their Leaders Like The Koreans? (video) by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2011
Cry for who? Which of our leaders is worth crying for?

(though i find the North Koreans' level of "mourning" rather disturbing)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Berlusconi Sentenced To One Year Jail Term. / The Indians Lie Again! / See What A Muslim Family Tweeted In USA. Literally Broke My Heart [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.