Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,210 members, 7,903,967 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 05:24 AM

Who Is An Educated Man? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Is An Educated Man? (24423 Views)

At What Point Can We Say That One Is Educated? / Difference Between A LEARNED And An EDUCATED Person. / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
An educated man is one who understand self and the environment around.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by member479760: 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2011
one that can blow and write grammar!
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by suogal(f): 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2011
an educated man is one who is vast in knowledge in a particular field or various fields
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Maykelly(f): 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2011
[size=16pt]An educated man is a man of integrity, honesty, just, who eschew evil, who fear his Creator (God) in all his ways, doings, appearances, speaking, acts and dealings. That's an educated man.[/size]
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by DanielGb(m): 3:05pm On Dec 23, 2011
May kelly:

[size=16pt]An educated man is a man of integrity, honesty, just, who eschew evil, who fear his Creator (God) in all his ways, doings, appearances, speaking, acts and dealings. That's an educated man.[/size]

You are totally wrong, that is the definition of a GOOD HUMAN BEING

nakedall:

one that can blow and write grammar!

Then if that is the case what should we say about Bill Gate or Facebook Founder, wise up ma it is nt about Crammer is about the necessary qualities.

Education can be formal or informal

Though, the Society believe so much in the formal education but the truth still stands INFORMAL EDUCATION is the best, we only need formal to be able to read, write and know our mathematics very well.

Although the Economy demands formal education but the interview you are to face depends on aw much knowledge you have accumulated which your teacher can't teach you everything about life, you just have to learn all that in an Informal way.

So 4 me; AN EDUCATED PERSON is a person that possess A LOT OF  EXPERIENCES, VERY OBSERVANT, THINKS A LOT (nt worrying),  LEARN FROM OTHER WEAKNESS & MISTAKES, AND USUALLY PUT IS 5 SENSE ORGANS TO WORK MOSTLY RATHER THAN IS PHYSICAL STRENGTH.

I am a Computer Guru not because i went to a computer school but because i learn (Copy shamelessly) from others even without them knowing. All i do is to go to my personal computer and try the impossible, and with the help of internet search engine like Google, my knowledge was expanded.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by asoebi(m): 3:25pm On Dec 23, 2011
An Educated Man/Woman is someone who is able to apply what he/she has learnt into reality
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by HISchild: 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2011
@musKeeto,

I am not referring to all who claim to be of The Lord JESUS CHRIST, and thus Christians, but those who truly are, by GOD's grace and mercy only - "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." - 2 Ti 2:19. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" - Matt 7:21 (2Co 11:13-15)

My point basically, and it is truth, that the word of GOD is the truth and abides forever, as opposed to any knowledge acquired while here on this earth, which for the short run may be instrumental in making a living, etc, but is fleeting and will cease when one dies.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Ben13: 4:59pm On Dec 23, 2011
An Educated Man is a man who has been to school (or a form of structured training), gained a qualification and he is able to apply his learning in real world situation.

I prefer this. wink
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Afam4eva(m): 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2011
Ben-10:

An Educated Man is a man who has been to school (or a form of structured training), gained a qualification and he is able to apply his learning in real world situation.

I prefer this. wink

Why must it be structured to be called education.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2011
HISchild:

@musKeeto,

I am not referring to all who claim to be of The Lord JESUS CHRIST, and thus Christians, but those who truly are, by GOD's grace and mercy only - "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." - 2 Ti 2:19. "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven" - Matt 7:21 (2Co 11:13-15)

My point basically, and it is truth, that the word of GOD is the truth and abides forever, as opposed to any knowledge acquired while here on this earth, which for the short run may be instrumental in making a living, etc, but is fleeting and will cease when one dies.

Lmao, you didn't answer any of my questions
Is education, by your scriptures, limited to Christianity?
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by aribisala0(m): 7:31pm On Dec 23, 2011
Deuteronomy 25:11-12

New International Version (NIV)

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one of them comes to rescue her husband from his assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her hand. Show her no pity.

This is "THE WORD OF JEHOVAH"
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by bizking24(m): 7:51pm On Dec 23, 2011
An educated man is any person who knows how to use what he/she has to acquire
what he/she wants, without violating the rights of people. Examples would include
people like Thomas Edison and Henry Ford without much formal education. And that would
exclude armed rubbers with university degrees or pen-rubbers(some of our politicians)
with more degrees than a thermometer.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by AreaFada2: 9:13pm On Dec 23, 2011
May kelly:

No sweetheart,

That's more like your idea of an eligible/dream man, lol.
With emphasis on dream by the way.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2011
For me, education does not equate schooling. That you got a university degree does not make you educated, atleast not in a wider sense.

Exposure to different cultural, social, by whatever means gets you ENLIGHTENED. So, should we be asking, who is an enlightened man?
Just asking,
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Bisijohn: 12:55am On Dec 24, 2011
An educated person is anyone who can translate knowledge acquired, in any form to wealth.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by HISchild: 1:28am On Dec 24, 2011
@musKeeto - the answer is unequivocally, yes! “For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” - Rom 6:23; “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by king100(m): 6:29am On Dec 24, 2011
Educated man is a total man , is indepedent,knows what to say where and when to say it and knows what to do when and where to do it.He is a problem solver,sensitive to that things around him spiritually and physically and eager to transform anything better than the way he met.HE IS REFINED IN SPIRIT, SOUL AND MIND.HE IS NOT THE ONE CARRYING MEAL TICKETS AROUD CALLED CERTIFICATES.He is a born-again in every ramification of life.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 24, 2011
With some of the answers, one would be tempted to think that the question was, who is your perfect man?
Some dey even quote bible join. Lol
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by ab1x: 9:18am On Dec 24, 2011
An educated man is an individual. He marches to the beat of his own drum and is not easily swayed by the opinions of the mob
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 24, 2011
kwangi:

With some of the answers, one would be tempted to think that the question was, who is your perfect man?

My brother, na why the question important. by their answers, you shall know who dey educated, cheesy
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Yorisb: 9:37am On Dec 24, 2011
Area-Fada:

No sweetheart,

grin
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by austin2002: 3:05am On Dec 25, 2011
Apparently there is no educated man in nigeria.Why because an educated people don't allow to be ruled by cattle rearers(muslims). You have degrees and your whole being control by mallam in the north who did not even finish primary school let alone high school. Sad and you wonder why nigerians are being treated like monkeys overseas.Yes nigerians are monkeys if you ask me.Bunch of cowards with degrees and no brain to back it up.The only person I have respect in nigeria of course Biafran nation Leader is Ojukwu sad the man passed away. As an educated man,he never allow monkeys in the north called muslim to control him and the rest of Igbos and the Igbos today are just wimps and disgrace to human race. So if you call yourself educated person,you should have gotten ride of these donkeys in the north call muslims and put their cattle brains to rest once and for all.I am sure their masters britain and russia are not going to help them again like they did during Biafran war.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 25, 2011
austin2002:

Apparently there is no educated man in nigeria.Why because an educated people don't allow to be ruled by cattle rearers(muslims). You have degrees and your whole being control by mallam in the north who did not even finish primary school let alone high school. Sad and you wonder why nigerians are being treated like monkeys overseas.Yes nigerians are monkeys if you ask me.Bunch of cowards with degrees and no brain to back it up.The only person I have respect in nigeria of course Biafran nation Leader is Ojukwu sad the man passed away. As an educated man,he never allow monkeys in the north called muslim to control him and the rest of Igbos and the Igbos today are just wimps and disgrace to human race. So if you call yourself educated person,you should have gotten ride of these donkeys in the north call muslims and put their cattle brains to rest once and for all.I am sure their masters britain and russia are not going to help them again like they did during Biafran war.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year,
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by adaphik(f): 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2011
Area-Fada:

No sweetheart,

THANK YOU.
Ldkm
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by sconsults: 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2011
Only doctors and lawyers are educated enough.others are just shitty,half baked,unidirectional dim wits as far as nigerian education is concerned.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 25, 2011
musKeeto:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year,
lol, u dey madt!
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by ETPower(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2011
The one who is polite and loyal.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by babsomotde(m): 12:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
One who received instructions and do them making him a solution provider or blessing to his world with his sense.
Re: Who Is An Educated Man? by free37: 7:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
kwangi: With some of the answers, one would be tempted to think that the question was, who is your perfect man?

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo: Mapoly Students Storm The Street As They Celebrate Their Logout / Gunmen Attack Plateau State University, Many Feared Killed And Injured / Students On FG Scholarship Begging For Food In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.