Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,714 members, 7,938,176 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day (728 Views)

Was Jesus Born On Christmas Day? / Yes, Christ Was Really Born On December 25 / Was Jesus Born On December 25? Is December 25 Jesus' Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by nasty45(m): 10:19am On Dec 21, 2011
It's a hard truth unless am being proved otherwise.i jst cant find any biblical backin to that.so i take it that xmass is jst anoda religious feast.SB PROVE ME WRONG PLS WIT BIBLICAL BACKING
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:55am On Dec 21, 2011
Everyone knows that Christ was not born on Christmas day you dufus! angry
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by ayusman16(m): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2011
It is a day set aside by Christians to celebrate his birth,
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2011
it is the Sun Gods Birthday. you all are foolz. grin
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by ayusman16(m): 11:36am On Dec 22, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

it is the Sun Gods Birthday. you all are foolz. grin

You are a waste of sperm grin
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by Hutchie(m): 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2011
One do not need to struggle with the concept that Christ was not born on Christmas Day. Christmas Day or the days surrounding it marks the winter soltice which for pagans mark the birthing of the sun. Constantine, the "Holy Roman Emperor" who was a sun worshiper in earlier life, apparently became a Christian and likewise made Christianity the religion of the state. December 25 might therefore have been chosen as the birthdate of Christ in an attempt to replace the old pagan holidays with a Christian outlook. Unfortunately along the way some some of the pagan practices associated with christmas have spilled over into Christianity and these have become somewhat of "cultural traditions" today. Easter again is similar. Easter marks the summer soltice or the death of the sun but again the Roman church have sought to cloak this day with a christian outlook.

The fact that you may choose to celebrate the birth, death and resurrection of Christ on Christmas day however doesn't mean you are being pagan.
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:37am On Dec 23, 2011
^yes hes right. The fact that you may choose to celebrate the birth, death and resurrection of Christ on Christmas day however doesn't mean you are being pagan. it just means that you cant escape Paganism. it is all around you and within you. cool
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by tpia5: 3:48am On Dec 24, 2011
the reason is more important than the season.

could have been march, june or september- doesnt matter.
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2011
of course he wasnt born on 'On Xmass Day'

All i know is that whether he was born on pagan day, the fact remains that he was born and he came to this world to save and to redeem us.

And i prophecy to my self that what ever i lay my hands on from today because of Christ's birth and coming into this world, shall flourish and prosper (Amen)
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:09pm On Dec 25, 2011
its been more than[b] 2000 years [/b] and the world is not yet saved. that jesus was a fraud. angry
Re: Christ Was Not Born On Xmass Day by Samsamy: 3:50am On Dec 26, 2011
Not everything that took place in Jesus' time were recorded in the Bible, otherwise the world would not have contained what would have been written. Christmas is a day set aside by the Church to celebrate the birthday of her founder, and master. On this day, everyone oaths to be happy.

(1) (Reply)

U Must Decide What Is Best For U / Need Healing? / Discernment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.