Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,953 members, 7,890,149 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 10:04 AM

Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After (2574 Views)

Ben Bruce Compares Price Of Kerosene In Nigeria And India / President Of Nigeria , Niger And Congo Spotted At Johannesburg Summit (photo) / Goa Minister Compares Nigerians To Cancer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by Nobody: 3:28am On Oct 07, 2007
Mr. IBB you are wrong sir. Infact Nigeria has been retrogressing for the last 30yrs. In the 1960's Nigeria could compare favorably with second world countries. Today we are comfortably settled with the very poorest of nations.

Mr. IBB sir, this has been partly ur fault.
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by Kobojunkie: 3:31am On Oct 07, 2007
Yep, IBB lied there. I remember when Shagari was in power, I mean things were getting bad but they were not as bad as they are today. Nigeria was still sitting as the giant of africa back then with respect from the rest of the world. Today?? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by labiyemmy(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2007
its not who is with us where we are now that matters, it is who was with us when things started geting bad - and these are: Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha etc.

They brought us where we are now - it will take ages for anyone to bring us out.
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by almondjoy(f): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2007
@labiyemmy:

its not who is with us where we are now that matters, it is who was with us when things started geting bad - and these are: Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha etc.

They brought us where we are now - it will take ages for anyone to bring us out.

And where is OBJ in all this?  They?  Who are "they"? undecided  Remember this OBJ dude like most of the godfathers of Nigeria has been with us since the 60's - 70's  Was he not part of the MCI inner circle of friends? OBJ was always with us as part of the destructive team don't you think?  Why do I have the feeling that you are related to him somehow? tongue
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2007
almondjoy:

And where is OBJ in all this? They? Who are "they"? undecided Remember this OBJ dude like most of the godfathers of Nigeria has been with us since the 60's - 70's Was he not part of the MCI inner circle of friends? OBJ was always with us as part of the destructive team don't you think? Why do I have the feeling that you are related to him somehow? tongue

OBJ left us in 1979 with a naira that was stronger than the dollar and a very healthy foreign reserve. He may not have been the best man on earth but he was certainly far better than that cattle rearer Shagari.
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by almondjoy(f): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2007
davidylan:

OBJ left us in 1979 with a naira that was stronger than the dollar and a very healthy foreign reserve. He may not have been the best man on earth but he was certainly far better than that cattle rearer Shagari.

And you think that was to his credit?  He had not perfected his looting skills then.  Now that he has done that--look where we are now?  Was he not part of IBB, Abacha, Shagari and co them gang.  How come he was rewarded with the Nigerian coffers again in 2001 when he should have died in jail? You think it was the hand of the democratic process at work? 

Now he has handed us back to the "Shagaris" according to you.  Frankly, I think he is the most hypocritical and most dangerous than all the rest put together.  Let us not play that "dream" please.  Frankly it is a nightmare.

BTW-What is the difference between a "cattle rearer" and a "farmer"
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2007
I have to say OBJ schocked me. I did not expect him to do things as he did. I remember visiting his farm when I was back in grade school and when I heard he was running for president again, I thought surely such a man who did well in the past and basically is able to keep and maintain such a farm as the one he has out in the epe or so area, would be able to get Nigeria to a place where things are so much better than they used to be BUT ,  I guess you can hope that people will do right does not mean they will. I am really disappointed and hope to someday here him tell us why he bombed.

I agree Shagari basically was, I believe the first in a line of THIEVES ,  I remember his smug face to this day.  grin cheesy
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2007
Shagari wasnt really a thief as much as he was an illiterate and woefully inept.
The man basically had NO idea how to run a government, even Babangida was not as bad even though he was a big time thief.
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by BigB11(m): 9:33pm On Oct 07, 2007
@davidylan:
I agree, Shagari was very innocent. He did not know what was going on or how to run the country and absolutely didn't have a leadership stamina. He did not steal as much as the people around him at the time.

Nevertheless, I'm very proud of his children; I think they will do better and make their father shine.
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2007
Big B1:

Nevertheless, I'm very proud of his children; I think they will do better and make their father shine.

One Shagari is enough to last us a lifetime. Let them make their father proud in his local government.
Considering how woeful their father was as president, i doubt it will take a lot to make him proud.
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by Kobojunkie: 4:48am On Oct 08, 2007
Shagari's Children ?? WHERE are they trying to take the seat again in that same country Do WE EVER LEARN FROM OUR OWN PROVERBS embarassed What happened to LIKE FATHER LIKE SON embarassed Are we seriously going to take that chance shocked
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by deb(m): 9:40pm On Apr 03, 2009
Kolo mental don dey worry that OBJ o?

And somebody should tell oga IBB that the slogan 'Giant of Africa' was rendered useless by his administration
so he should just shut his mouth and surrender himself to kirikiri prison
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by MrCrackles(m): 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2009
For donkey brain sake, i have had enough of OBJ trying to hug the limelight and appear relevant! angry
Re: Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After by strangleyo: 9:54pm On Apr 03, 2009
While Oba had his faults, he has made several good points. He has also done so much for Nigeria in 8 years, not just the negatives, but many positives too. Compare Oba's 1st few years with Yar'Aduas.

And sometimes I do feel that Nigeria could have been much worse. Think of Sierra Leone, Ivory Coast, Niger, etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Evidence Of Corruption Against Obasanjo / Yaradua In Saudi Arabi To Commission Private University. / Breaking News: Bomb Explodes In Aso Rock!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.