Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,413 members, 7,917,298 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 10:26 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1691) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1697124 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) ... (2272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 9:52pm On May 18, 2021
I know the hate ON Curry all this people have is cos of Steph's size. The NBA favors size and this man keeps making a fool of them. They can't imagine what the man has been doing. That's why I like Shaq. Shaq was a pure Steph Curry hater and accepted he did but now believes the man to be the best player in the NBA

Imagine people writing off Curry after the first two games of the season, then man's came again to clear thier doubts but they still think his legacy is on the line. Imagine people saying Dame is better THAN steph ���. Steph's worst season is Dames best season. Or saying Westbrook is better than that man cos he Stat pads. Imagine hustling rebounds with your Center �����. Can never be Steph mehn.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 10:37pm On May 18, 2021
Hardetayour:
I know the hate ON Curry all this people have is cos of Steph's size. The NBA favors size and this man keeps making a fool of them. They can't imagine what the man has been doing. That's why I like Shaq. Shaq was a pure Steph Curry hater and accepted he did but now believes the man to be the best player in the NBA

Imagine people writing off Curry after the first two games of the season, then man's came again to clear thier doubts but they still think his legacy is on the line. Imagine people saying Dame is better THAN steph ���. Steph's worst season is Dames best season. Or saying Westbrook is better than that man cos he Stat pads. Imagine hustling rebounds with your Center �����. Can never be Steph mehn.

You see this guy, he would never win a championship.

I am not cursing him. He is a selfish player and KD knew this and left for his own good

How can the topmost hing on your mind be triple doubles? Without a championship run or a decent team record, all those his triple doubles isn't worth up to Iya Femi's Akara.

Steph has nothing to prove. The truth is this (and I am not biases even though I am a GSW fan), GSW cannot beat the lakers, they don't have the experienced players and bench firepower. However, that doesn't take away what Steph has done this season. He has been phenomenal

Unfortunately, most of his support cast are G-league players at best. So beating the Lakers with Lebron, AD Drummond, shroeder IS A TALL ORDER. We GSW fans shouldn't get carried away

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 11:10pm On May 18, 2021
nairamaniac:

The sudden change from IMPACTFUL to FLOOR GENERAL was exactly my thot when I saw his past of who is a better floor general.

Curry is ahead of both Harden&Cris Paul.

Both offensively and impactability.

Don't mind him. We nabbed him.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:03am On May 19, 2021
D. Sabonis is one my favorite player to watch. This m. Is well grounded in the fundamentals of the game. He has exceptional footwork, especially under the rim, great ball IQ and a presence on both ends of the board. He reminds me quite a bit of Tim Duncan when it comes to his intelligence.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 2:33am On May 19, 2021
The 1st Q is the best Celtics basketball I have watched all season..
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:31am On May 19, 2021
Tatum with a strong 50 points performance to lead the charge on a night the entire team played well and helped on both ends. We came out aggressive with good intensity.
Breaking it down, we had a great 1Q and 3rd.. While the 4th was high scoring, I am worried we scored a lot of our buckets in the 4th through ISO basketball and 3 balls unlike the 1st and 3rd when we moved the ball well.
I really wanted to avoid the slim reaper and the Nets but here we are.
#greenrunsdeep
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:03pm On May 19, 2021
So last season it was incredible number of homers (Home runs), in a shortened season, infact many believe the balls were juiced. This season, it’s the number of “No-Hitters”! We already have 5 and we have not even played 1/3 of the games this season.
Mike Trout is out an I expect the good start the Angels have enjoyed to nosedive.
My Cubs are sitting 2nd in the NL Central, 3 games behind the Cardinals and 1 game over .500 which is not too shabby considering the circumstances.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 7:59pm On May 19, 2021
Gotta show some love for Kwame Brown! Glad the dude stood up for himself. Matt Barnes (called him Becky with good hair grin) and Steph Jackson (called him lil a** boy) crossed a line when they tried to diminish him while interviewing Jeanie Buss. As does SAS a lot. Maybe these guys will be a bit more humble when downing players. Even Jemele Hill caught some bullets. Everybody is either apologizing or keeping shut. I cant blame them. Arenas said it took 20 bodyguards to bring down Kwame and his brother in a club shocked. Probably exaggerating, but nobody wants problems with Kwame.

Full story here: https://www.theroot.com/yall-gon-stop-playing-with-kwame-brown-1846917109

These news personalities, SAS especially need to be careful how they blast people. At least all Kwame did was respond on IG. Others may resort to violence instead

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Skepticus: 11:16pm On May 19, 2021
I saw J.Cole play for the Patriots of the Basketball African League (BAL).

Impressive.

There were other Ex-NBA, NCAA and pro-talents present too.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:23am On May 20, 2021
Wiggins smoking the Bum on both ends... grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 3:50am On May 20, 2021
The size disparity between the Warriors and Lakers is monstrous to put kindly. The Warriors are under seized in every matchup.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:02am On May 20, 2021
AD and Bum stinking up the joint.

A. Davies-1/8
L. James-1/7
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:18am On May 20, 2021
Can't believe what I am seeing. Hope it continues.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 4:24am On May 20, 2021
Wiggins playing like Kobe. NGL. Poole on the team with SC has confused LAL because each time they left Poole, he feasted. They stopped doubling SC and he hit 2 big threes. I hope it continues.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:01am On May 20, 2021
Android17:
Wiggins playing like Kobe. NGL. Poole on the team with SC has confused LAL because each time they left Poole, he feasted. They stopped doubling SC and he hit 2 big threes. I hope it continues.
This same Wiggins wants to ruin us. A turnover and 2 poor defensive effort by him and we are up by only 1 already.
Re: The NBA Begins by ipledge6: 5:01am On May 20, 2021
Lebron is no more the man he used to be. His Athleticism is fading. That shouldn’t be surprising, after 17 seasons.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:11am On May 20, 2021
ipledge6:
Lebron is no more the man he used to be. His Athleticism is fading. That shouldn’t be surprising, after 17 seasons.
Why are you people so bent on the athleticism thing like LeBron James is one rookie who can't find a way to adjust?

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:42am On May 20, 2021
Boy is the Chef great!!!!!!!!!

@A40 and others, u see what I mean? Throughout the game, Curry was doubled and at times tripled. During clutch moments, you can see they were not going to allow Curry beat them and the others failed to step up when he kicked the ball out because of the double/ triple.

An exciting game though but the Lakers had too much fire power and size which they figured out how to use in the 2nd half.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:42am On May 20, 2021
That illegal screen call on Draymond cost us that game. It was a legal screen I'm shocked Kerr didn't protest it. Steve Kerr's rotation has always been shít by the way.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:42am On May 20, 2021
Referees una well done o. E remain for Golden State to carry cutlass enter court. Sotey Draymond wan comot my boy eye but na only common foul una give. Well done o
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:45am On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:
That illegal screen call on Draymond cost us that game. It was a legal screen I'm shocked Kerr didn't protest it. Steve Kerr's rotation has always been shít by the way.

A little credit to Kerr and here is why. He finally found a way to keep his rotation consistent and that is why you guys went on this winning streak but hey, I get what you mean tonight.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:47am On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:
This same Wiggins wants to ruin us. A turnover and 2 poor defensive effort by him and we are up by only 1 already.

He had a good start but like I predicted when this matchup was a possibility, that the others will not come through. The Lakers sent size and length to force Curry to spit the ball and even though he still found ways, it was too much at times and the others did not come through.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:49am On May 20, 2021
Now, over to those who watch highlights, live stats, listen to analysts about the game and results to argue.. Na una sabi.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:49am On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:

He ruined us but later redeemed himself. Everything else you posted here is bible. That Wes Matthew charge foul was what spoiled this game. That was homecooking. Better Jazz (without D Mitch) than the Suns tbh.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:50am On May 20, 2021
Roland17:
Now, over to those who watch highlights, live stats and results to argue.. Na una sabi.. grin

You know them.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:51am On May 20, 2021
Roland17:
Boy is the Chef great!!!!!!!!!

@A40 and others, u see what I mean? Throughout the game, Curry was doubled and at times tripled. During clutch moments, you can see they were not going to allow Curry beat them and the others failed to step up when he kicked the ball out because of the double/ triple.

An exciting game though but the Lakers had too much fire power and size which they figured out how to use in the 2nd half.

Warriors with some TOs - wiggins was playing hot potato at some point. That Lebron hail mary 3 was huge but that Wes Matthew charge foul. I kant forgive the NBA.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 5:53am On May 20, 2021
Nice game though. I said it here that right now is the best time for anybody to beat the Lakers, not in two or three weeks time. LeBron is obviously still struggling from that ankle injury. Not to talk of AD missing 30+ games through injury. Schroder just returned from COVID. Chemistry is still an issue.

By and large, LeBron came up clutch once more. That's why he's a big game player. Showing up when it matters. Steph last scored a field goal at the 3:08 mark. He made just 2 free throws from that point till the end of the game. That has been the difference between LeBron and Steph throughout their careers and that's why one is the GOAT and the other is a phoney.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 5:53am On May 20, 2021
I was proven right

This warriors team around curry is quite mediocre

And Wiggins is not a reliable second option.

Well, curry balled as usual...

We move
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:54am On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:

Baba never learn rotation. if he did that nonsense he used to do with SC in the 3rd Q they would have blown us out. He should have asked for a review of that call but I still prefer to play Utah without D Mitch than Suns.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 5:56am On May 20, 2021
Blueelf:
I was proven right

This warriors team around curry is quite mediocre

And Wiggins is not a reliable second option.

Well, curry balled as usual...

We move

The moment got to him. He was just throwing everything away. His days in minnesota really damaged his confidence. I believe in Wiggins. Next season.
Re: The NBA Begins by ovoP(m): 5:59am On May 20, 2021
steady986:
Nice game though. I said it here that right now is the best time for anybody to beat the Lakers, not in two or three weeks time. LeBron is obviously still struggling from that ankle injury. Not to talk of AD missing 30+ games through injury. Schroder just returned from COVID. Chemistry is still an issue.

By and large, LeBron came up clutch once more. That's why he's a big game player. Showing up when it matters. Steph last scored a field goal at the 3:08 mark. He made just 2 free throws from that point till the end of the game. That has been the difference between LeBron and Steph throughout their careers and that's why one is the GOAT and the other is a phoney.
You talk too much shit... I see you looking for an argument.. and no one is gonna give it to you

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1688) (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) ... (2272) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Pawi(m), etidy, TimeManager(m), Android17 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.