Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,445 members, 7,917,366 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 02:03 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1692) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1697261 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) ... (2272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:00am On May 20, 2021
Android17:

Baba never learn rotation. if he did that nonsense he used to do with SC in the 3rd Q they would have blown us out. He should have asked for a review of that call butp I still prefer to play Utah without D Mitch than Suns.

Naaaa.. There is a reason the Lakers desperately needed to win this game and that is because they matchup well against the Suns in comparison to the Jazz.
The Jazz have a deep rotation/ bench despite Mitchel’s absence. Infact, Mitchel’s absence means they can play together and move the ball especially during clutch moments.
Mitchell is good but I have always expressed how worried I am about how Mitchel goes ISO, playing Hero ball in the final minutes of games and they ends up losing games.
Anyways, I think he will be ready for the playoffs.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:03am On May 20, 2021
Lol. People are here talking about the Draymond Charge call but somehow won't talk about about his non flagrant call on LeBron. Abegi.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:05am On May 20, 2021
Roland17:

Naaaa.. There is a reason the Lakers desperately needed to win this game and that is because they matchup well against the Suns in comparison to the Jazz.
The Jazz have a deep rotation/ bench despite Mitchel’s absence. Infact, Mitchel’s absence means they can play together and move the ball especially during clutch moments.
Mitchell is good but I have always expressed how worried I am about how Mitchel goes ISO, playing Hero ball in the final minutes of games and they ends up losing games.
Anyways, I think he will be ready for the playoffs.

I meant for GSW. Lakers wanted this easier path to the Conference finals. They will do a number on the suns but maybe in 7. They will clobber either of Denver or Portland. They will likely face Kawhi and MV-P in the WCF. But from what I have seen, they have no 3 shot. If the Nets pack the paint, they will beat LAL 4-1.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 6:07am On May 20, 2021
ovoP:
You talk too much shit... I see you looking for an argument.. and no one is gonna give it to you

Ignore him. He says things so he will not feel bad. He knew SC outplayed his LeFlop so he is trying to change the narrative. See the way they gave LAL 5 quick fouls at the start of the 3Q to bring them back in the game. Taller more athletic players flopping everywhere. Actors.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:09am On May 20, 2021
You can say what you want about Steph's supporting cast but the Warriors weren't 5th in defensive rating for nothing. You could clearly see why. See the work Wiggins did on LeBron. Add that to the fact that he can drop 20 a night. See what Dray did on AD. Then what about the other 3 and D guys you have? Toscano-Anderson, Bazemore, Mulder. Those guys will knock down shots if you give them the ball. That is a good team and they actually have a shot against the Jazz.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:10am On May 20, 2021
Roland17:

A little credit to Kerr and here is why. He finally found a way to keep his rotation consistent and that is why you guys went on this winning streak but hey, I get what you mean tonight.
Up by 13 into the half or something. We lost the lead early in the 4th and everyone could tell it took Kerr like 3yrs off his life span to put Curry back into the game. The dude just wanted to play one Mulder by force. 14 2nd half TO. At the stage, Steve Kerr of all people shouldn't know how to hold a lead. Like, every Warriors fan just know when it's coming. We know we're going to blow a lead and we always blow it. Always and it pisses me off.

Roland17:

He had a good start but like I predicted when this matchup was a possibility, that the others will not come through. The Lakers sent size and length to force Curry to spit the ball and even though he still found ways, it was too much at times and the others did not come through.
The Lakers played poorly by their standards however, we know they are the better team. It's the hope that gets me. cry cry
Like every Draymond screen was a foul and Davis and Mathew flopping just always got the refs attention.
Credit to Bron's 3 pointer though.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:11am On May 20, 2021
ovoP:
You talk too much shit... I see you looking for an argument.. and no one is gonna give it to you

And yet you're the one who ran here to reply me cheesy

The truth is always bitter, I know.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 6:12am On May 20, 2021
steady986:
Nice game though. I said it here that right now is the best time for anybody to beat the Lakers, not in two or three weeks time. LeBron is obviously still struggling from that ankle injury. Not to talk of AD missing 30+ games through injury. Schroder just returned from COVID. Chemistry is still an issue.

By and large, LeBron came up clutch once more. That's why he's a big game player. Showing up when it matters. Steph last scored a field goal at the 3:08 mark. He made just 2 free throws from that point till the end of the game. That has been the difference between LeBron and Steph throughout their careers and that's why one is the GOAT and the other is a phoney.

You can't do without adding your last statement.

You have no respect at all. Even biased analyst like Max Kellerman won't call steph a phoney

Ahole

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:12am On May 20, 2021
steady986:
You can say what you want about Steph's supporting cast but the Warriors weren't 5th in defensive rating for nothing. You could clearly see why. See the work Wiggins did on LeBron. Add that to the fact that he can drop 20 a night. See what Dray did on AD. Then what about the other 3 and D guys you have? Toscano-Anderson, Bazemore, Mulder. Those guys will knock down shots if you give them the ball. That is a good team and they actually have a shot against the Jazz.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:17am On May 20, 2021
Android17:

He ruined us but later redeemed himself. Everything else you posted here is bible. That Wes Matthew charge foul was what spoiled this game. That was homecooking. Better Jazz (without D Mitch) than the Suns tbh.
I won't call it home cooking sha. Just some bad calls. As usual, Draymond never gets a chance against the refs and teams get away with bullying Steph. Nothing new here. Our fault we turned the ball over so many times.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:21am On May 20, 2021
Android17:

Baba never learn rotation. [b]if he did that nonsense he used to do with SC in the 3rd Q they would have blown us out. [/b]He should have asked for a review of that call but I still prefer to play Utah without D Mitch than Suns.
Steve Kerr sha. grin

It was a good game. Nobody thought the Warriors were the better team and expected a win. Jazz or Suns, it doesn't matter. We stand a chance against those two in the playoffs unlike the Clippers, Nuggets or whatever.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:24am On May 20, 2021
Android17:

I meant for GSW. Lakers wanted this easier path to the Conference finals. They will do a number on the suns but maybe in 7. They will clobber either of Denver or Portland. They will likely face Kawhi and MV-P in the WCF. But from what I have seen, they have no 3 shot. If the Nets pack the paint, they will beat LAL 4-1.

I see what you mean. We are basically saying the same thing now that I get the direction of your argument.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:24am On May 20, 2021
B-R Bleacher Report 2m

LeBron: I Shot at Middle Rim

Bron says he was literally seeing three rims' on his clutch 3 after being poked in the eye.

Classic LeBron James. The goat. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:26am On May 20, 2021
Blueelf:

You can't do without adding your last statement.

You have no respect at all. Even biased analyst like Max Kellerman won't call steph a phoney

Ahole

Lol. This one pain you o grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:27am On May 20, 2021
This Niggá really mentioned Mulder as decent teammates with Stephen Curry. Omo grin grin

Anyways, God bless Klay Thompson. That's all. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 6:28am On May 20, 2021
But the refs didn't really hear Steve Kerr shouting for a timeout. Must be that face mask. I hate it too when people can't hear me. grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 6:34am On May 20, 2021
An average team cannot be 5th in defensive ratings. It's impossible. I see the Warriors as the Knicks. Not a lot of big name but guys who really know how to ball on both ends of the floor. The Knicks are not even as talented as the Warriors and yet they're 4th. Steph and Wiggins combined for 50 points per game this season. Bron and AD combined for 47. Wiggins is likely to make an all defensive team this year. Same with Draymond. So y'all can deny the facts all you want, but the Warriors are far above average.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:39am On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:
But the refs didn't really hear Steve Kerr shouting for a timeout. Must be that face mask. I hate it too when people can't hear me. grin grin

That really infuriated me because it chopped some valuable seconds off the clock. He was practically running to the other end of the court to get the attention of the referee. The other ref should have seen him making his way across even if they didn’t hear his voice.
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 6:42am On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:
B-R Bleacher Report 2m

LeBron: I Shot at Middle Rim

Bron says he was literally seeing three rims' on his clutch 3 after being poked in the eye.

Classic LeBron James. The goat. grin

Na today u sabi the Queen? Anything for the attention..
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 6:46am On May 20, 2021
steady986:

Lol. This one pain you o grin

Nope

Just reminding you of your opinions

Only good for aholes grin
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 7:11am On May 20, 2021
Anyway, I see the Jazz/Warriors going 7 games. Who will win I don't know. If D Mitch isn't playing then it's a no-brainer.
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:12am On May 20, 2021
Android17:
lool. You guys always find a way to belittle the Lakers path. Whoever they face, you guys claim it is/was the easier path. Lols

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:14am On May 20, 2021
steady986:
Anyway, I see the Jazz/Warriors going 7 games. Who will win I don't know. If D Mitch isn't playing then it's a no-brainer.
The warriors are a difficult team for anyone to handle in one game. They can beat anyone in 1 game including the Nets / Lakers/clippers etc. In a serie though, I think the Jazz may have the upperhand.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 9:21am On May 20, 2021
Steph and a bunch of guy who can't score are a difficult team to handle. Abeg why are they difficult to handle? Because they got Steph? I thought he was a phoney? grin

Anyone can win 1 game. The play-in or play off is not just "1 game". Every team from 1st seed to the 7th seed are miles miles ahead of the Warriors so please when the Curry disrespect stop?
Re: The NBA Begins by Afromentalist: 9:27am On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:
Steph and a bunch of guy who can't score are a difficult team to handle. Abeg why are they difficult to handle? Because they got Steph? I thought he was a phoney? grin

Anyone can win 1 game. The play-in or play off is not just "1 game". Every team from 1st seed to the 7th seed are miles miles ahead of the Warriors so please when the Curry disrespect stop?
I don't know if you are referring to me, your post is just after mine and seems to address it.

If that be the case, I do not consider Steph phoney. He is one of the greatest to ever play the game, and there is no disrespect here from my wide.

Only the last few games they beat the suns and the Jazz in 2 consecutive nights and with authority.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:41am On May 20, 2021
I just found out that Toscano-Anderson was the Mexican league MVP is 2018. Omo, that guy dey ball abeg. I knew there was something about that guy.

Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 10:52am On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:
This Niggá really mentioned Mulder as decent teammates with Stephen Curry. Omo grin grin

Anyways, God bless Klay Thompson. That's all. cheesy

And SC can't complain because Damion Lee is stealing a living because of him. Mulder, I have no words. Only scores when we don't seem to need it. angry
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 10:54am On May 20, 2021
Afromentalist:

The warriors are a difficult team for anyone to handle in one game. They can beat anyone in 1 game including the Nets / Lakers/clippers etc. In a serie though, I think the Jazz may have the upperhand.

They could have the upper hand quite alright, but when you go into a series with by far the best player in the series then you have a good shot. Beating teams like the Jazz that succeed by committee is much more easier than beating teams with 2 or 3 clear superstars. Especially when they face a very good defence like that of GS.
Re: The NBA Begins by Android17: 10:56am On May 20, 2021
Afromentalist:

lool. You guys always find a way to belittle the Lakers path. Whoever they face, you guys claim it is/was the easier path. Lols

I am not belittling their path. They fought for it because they knew it was easier for them. War is about strategy as well. Even the Clippers tanked the last 5 games to avoid the LAL in the WSemiFinals.
Re: The NBA Begins by mattfeuter(m): 11:18am On May 20, 2021
This thread and emotional n-words lol

They want to see bron lose so bad.

Na una eyes he go do again as una yarn dust all through last year.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Hardetayour: 12:22pm On May 20, 2021
SmooshCHN:
That illegal screen call on Draymond cost us that game. It was a legal screen I'm shocked Kerr didn't protest it. Steve Kerr's rotation has always been shít by the way.
He already contested one prior to that.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:53pm On May 20, 2021
mattfeuter:
This thread and emotional n-words lol

They want to see bron lose so bad.

Na una eyes he go do again as una yarn dust all through last year.

Curry was a one man wrecking crew yesterday. On any given Sunday, Curry on any team will beat anybody. Lebron was really rusty yesterday. But he also showed up when it mattered. That clutch 3 reminds me of the AD's clutch 3 in the playoffs last year. This game was a confidence builder for Lakers. For warriors role players too.

I think any open minded bball fan can watch yesterdays game and give props to both teams. the game lived up to its billing. I dont understand all this wanking over lebron or seeding, blah blah blah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1689) (1690) (1691) (1692) (1693) (1694) (1695) ... (2272) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.