Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,323 members, 7,881,194 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:09 PM

The NBA Begins - Sports (469) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1672860 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (2264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:27pm On Apr 04, 2017
birdman:

Im loving this game, but the refs are trying to ruin it angry

Am I the only one impressed with the way Pinson plays?

The game was a snooze fest. Too many calls by the ref that were unwarranted. The overall shooting from both teams was bad (albeit UNC improved 2nd half). It was sluggy and grimey. I did not even finish the game but I had this feeling that UNC will win. I am not too excited about the talents that will be in the drafts.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 5:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
A40:

Can't really blame Kerr. You have to be politically correct these days.

My disappointment was with supposed grown men not able to take their beating like men. Whining about the Warriors leaving their players out. What is their business edakun? Seeing Wall and Beal endorse Jennings actions simply tells me they don't hold themselves accountable in that locker room

Hahahaha. They thought they were the best backcourt in the NBA Wall and Beal. I always knew they were not mentally ready and I said so earlier. Cavs will still come out of the east but it won't be the 12-2 they did last time. I saw Wall also got fined for complaining about refs and the FT disparity between Wizards and Jazz in that L.
Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 6:38pm On Apr 04, 2017
aliondo:

you're a good analyst but i beg to disagree with you on this one......
ok .tell what I don't know
Re: The NBA Begins by Decale: 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
aliondo:

you're a good analyst but i beg to disagree with you on this one......

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 9:02pm On Apr 04, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjZV8SjF1yM

Michael Jordan - His Airness

From Michael Jordan - His Airness DVD of 1999
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2017
popizaino:
ok .tell what I don't know

You cant talk about ball handling without looking at crossovers....Curry has sick crossovers tho but Kyrie does moves that we've not seen before...He can do four to five moves at full speeds without slowing down...its a close one but i would pick kyrie over curry.....
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2017
aliondo:

You cant talk about ball handling without looking at crossovers....Curry has sick crossovers tho but Kyrie does moves that we've not seen before...He can do four to five moves at full speeds without slowing down...its a close one but i would pick kyrie over curry.....

Big fan of Curry here but I agree with this. Kyrie plays more like a streetballer while Curry plays finesse fundamental. So Kyrie just about edges it.
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 1:06am On Apr 05, 2017
Eruditor:

Big fan of Curry here but I agree with this. Kyrie plays more like a streetballer while Curry plays finesse fundamental. So Kyrie just about edges it.

tim hardaway be like smh somewhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0HRPIu02Xo

Than iverson had to take it to ridiculousness grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNIN1364XAU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 1:28am On Apr 05, 2017
^^^

grin

I was agreeing with Kyrie just about edging it over Curry. But then again, Iverson was a streetballer so his handles had to be godly.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 1:47am On Apr 05, 2017
Kyrie has the best handles in the NBA right now. That's all
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 3:04am On Apr 05, 2017
Congrats Russ....great game for us too....

#THUNDERUP
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:10am On Apr 05, 2017
Westbrook will definitely break Bill's record. They're both tied at 41 but tbh I don't really see anything fascinating.
If we're to go by TDs Westbrook would be MVP. I think this season will be the most controversial when it comes to MVP award. Kind of interesting cheesy
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:15am On Apr 05, 2017
What is with these NBA players and fighting teams/ players who decide to make shots during the end of blow outs!! Sunday it was Jennings and the Wizards making a fuss about McGee's 3 point attempt, and today it was P.J Tucker and his minions shoving L. Stephenson.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 05, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Kyrie has the best handles in the NBA right now. That's all
Certainly, Kyrie is the best handler in the NBA today. I believe that's a known consensus even among pundits.
By the way, so much for James' consistency, so much for it. Some would say what's there is making a double double per game, hey, it's not just in 10-20gamea. We're talkin nearly a thousand games. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2017
All I know is, Kerr has a 204-38 record which is the best ever in NBA history. Too add to that, we just passed Jordan's 3-peat Bulls to the best 3 year record (they had 203 between 95-98) and we have 204 with 4 games to spare. All we need now is a ring to crown all our effort.

Klay has 262 3's and Curry has 305 at 40% shooting in the worst shooting year of his entire career. At this point I can rest most of the starters as there is nothing much to play for. I will be a Boston fan till season end hoping that they beat the Cavs and finish as first seeds. I really want Cavs not to have home court even if I know they are still almost sure-fire to come out of the East.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2017
Kyrie is flashier I don't know about better CP3 would certainly have something to say about that
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
Eruditor:

Hahahaha. They thought they were the best backcourt in the NBA Wall and Beal. I always knew they were not mentally ready and I said so earlier. Cavs will still come out of the east but it won't be the 12-2 they did last time. I saw Wall also got fined for complaining about refs and the FT disparity between Wizards and Jazz in that L.
Its funny because they are in that spot Golden State was 3 years ago. Just at the brink of contention. They have a very nice mix and need to realize nobody is going to hand them that title even in the East. The mere fact that they have been complaining in unison just says it all. You don't haemorrhage almost 140pts and get to whine about what the other team did. They earned the right to stunt on you if they so please since you didn't have shame
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:15am On Apr 06, 2017
Boston, disappointed so far. Oh well..... angry embarassed

Better go to sleep now as the pain hurts less that way. If Lakers can do a job on Spurs and we beat Phoenix it might make my day.
Re: The NBA Begins by SIRcumalot: 2:47am On Apr 06, 2017
j.r smith stroke is coming along nicely.
so far,not a very good game.

2nd round playoff before things start to make sense again.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:54am On Apr 06, 2017
Welp. Can't get too far when your best player is 5'9
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 06, 2017
Eruditor:
Boston, disappointed so far. Oh well..... angry embarassed

Better go to sleep now as the pain hurts less that way. If Lakers can do a job on Spurs and we beat Phoenix it might make my day.
You'd be better off staying put with the warriors even though you've already clinched homecourt once again.
Celtics were never gonna win homecourt, they'd better focus on a tough first round with the Heat or Bulls which can go either way.
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 9:19am On Apr 06, 2017
SIRcumalot:
j.r smith stroke is coming along nicely.
so far,not a very good game.

2nd round playoff before things start to make sense again.

Defense is getting active, LeBron wasn't Deandre with the FT this time. I'm more concerned about who we'd play in finals cause no eastern team would beat us in a 7 games series.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 11:06am On Apr 06, 2017
sapiosexual1:

You'd be better off staying put with the warriors even though you've already clinched homecourt once again.
Celtics were never gonna win homecourt, they'd better focus on a tough first round with the Heat or Bulls which can go either way.

Can't a brother have a dream? grin

I had said it before to our resident Celtics fan that Al Horford doesn't do enough for his max deal. This team relies so much on a 5'9 PG for points. That says it all. I never thought they were good enough to beat Cavs in a 7 game series but I wanted the illusion of a chance and that would have been possible with homecourt. Anyways, it was fun while the dream lasted. I think they are 1-All star away from really competing. Ainge messed up the trades, I thought they were going for Butler or Cousins.

Side note: first team to 65 wins 3 consecutive seasons. Happy with the home court advantage. I pray against injuries for all teams in the P/Os. KD returns this Saturday whoooop whoooop!!
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
Al Horford could only drop 8 pts against Channing goddamn Frye. I was telling Roland the other day this guy ain't playing to his size or contract. Even their record is because Isaiah has been balling outta his mind. We shall see if Horford pulls his own weight in the playoffs but from what I've seen from his days with the Hawks I'm not counting on it

Lmao just see how Porzingis put him on Shaqtin a Fool on Sunday
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
A40:
Al Horford could only drop 8 pts against Channing goddamn Frye. I was telling Roland the other day this guy ain't playing to his size or contract. Even their record is because Isaiah has been balling outta his mind. We shall see if Horford pulls his own weight in the playoffs but from what I've seen from his days with the Hawks I'm not counting on it

Lmao just see how Porzingis put him on Shaqtin a Fool on Sunday

We must not take anything away from the Cavs. In my opinion, the Cavs reminded the league and possible usurpers in the cnference why they have dominated the conference and the league by extension. They have LeWhine on their roster, and he changes a alot of the dynamics on the court.
We finished the 1st Quarter with a one point lead, then Queen Jame happened. He was unstoppable, especially for someone who claims he did not care where the Cavs finished the regular season. I have seen LeWhine in that mode before, he just wants to be demonic and dominates the 2nd quarter.

While i agree with your opinion about Big Al, this is not just about Big Al, the mentality of that roster is quite fragile. Big Al is floor spacer, however, the space is useless when you lack perimeter shooting. I don't recollect the numbers but we were horrendous shooting the ball. Defensively we could not protect the weak side, players were sneaking behind the top to make easy layups. Isaiah is our best player, the strength of this team is the intensity we play with and on a night the Irish joker appears we knock down our jumpers, but it was not to be.

Personally, i hope the Cavs win the conference, because i am worried we would struggle against a rejuvenated Pacers, who i think would clinch the 8th spot.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 5:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
Roland17:

We must not take anything away from the Cavs. In my opinion, the Cavs reminded the league and possible usurpers in the cnference why they have dominated the conference and the league by extension. They have LeWhine on their roster, and he changes a alot of the dynamics on the court.
We finished the 1st Quarter with a one point lead, then Queen Jame happened. He was unstoppable, especially for someone who claims he did not care where the Cavs finished the regular season. I have seen LeWhine in that mode before, he just wants to be demonic and dominates the 2nd quarter.

While i agree with your opinion about Big Al, this is not just about Big Al, the mentality of that roster is quite fragile. Big Al is floor spacer, however, the space is useless when you lack perimeter shooting. I don't recollect the numbers but we were horrendous shooting the ball. Defensively we could not protect the weak side, players were sneaking behind the top to make easy layups. Isaiah is our best player, the strength of this team is the intensity we play with and on a night the Irish joker appears we knock down our jumpers, but it was not to be.

Personally, i hope the Cavs win the conference, because i am worried we would struggle against a rejuvenated Pacers, who i think would clinch the 8th spot.

Far from it. I have always maintained that the Raptors and Celtics were punching above their weight. The Celts have come a long way from getting swept without Kevin Love just 2 years ago. You have no one on your roster that can slow down Lebron.

However I expected a guy like Horford to take advantage of Channing Frye for goodness sake. We can't be talking of floor spacing when Horford should be in the paint victimizing Frye. A max contract player should be able to warn Lue that Frye should not play if we meet in the playoffs. I don't expect much from Smart, Mavs reject Crowder and Amir Johnson who couldn't hack it with the Pistons. On a night shots aren't falling a big like Horford should be making his presence felt against a backup Power Forward playing Center
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:33am On Apr 07, 2017
See your Horford again oh. You are playing your old team.
HALF TIME. 0pts 1reb 3asts
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 2:33am On Apr 07, 2017
See your Horford again oh. You are playing your old team.
HALF TIME. 0pts 1reb 3asts
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:37am On Apr 07, 2017
see me thinking we missed out when Horford refused to even look at Houston. Father, I thank you grin
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
That dude always playing soft. His assists are great for a Center but its useless when he does not have the ability to lead and galvanize his team to a W. This guy was taking long range J's over and over like he was Dirk Nowitzki or something. If I were Thomas, Crowder or Bradley I go don change am for am.

Shame on the Mavs front office too for trading the future for Rondo. Seeing Crowder blossom for the Celts while we parade D-League players on a nightly is unbearable. The day Nowitzki leaves that team I am done fam
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:04am On Apr 08, 2017
Cavs vs Hawks (4 starters rested) and still lost at home.

It's like they do this shit so everyone can look down on them then come back in playoffs. undecided
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 3:33am On Apr 08, 2017
Bruhh the upsets today mehn. If u are the type that puts your money on the long shots you would be bussing your dance at the cash machine. The last 4 minutes of that Cavs vs Hawks game was madness

(1) (2) (3) ... (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) (472) ... (2264) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.