Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (468) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1669851 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (2263) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:33am On Apr 03, 2017
300 threes for Threezus AKA Steph Curry.

Zaza and McCaw finally bringing it. Klay too.

If we beat Wizards I might forgive Gortat for KD.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:45am On Apr 03, 2017
8/11 from 3s for Curry who is evidently in MVP mode. Curry is torching Wizards and Wall- It must be said. 33 points for him and a 22 point lead by GSW.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 3:08am On Apr 03, 2017
God give me a touch of Isaiah Thomas pull up jumper, Shaun Livingston and David West's mid range game embarassed
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:32am On Apr 03, 2017
Curry is the real Wizard as he ends the game with 9/14 threes and 42 points on 22 shots.

We blowout Washington which makes our run come in full circle as it began when we first lost to the Wizards 18 games ago.

Personally, I think the starters need to start resting as I doubt Spurs will still push for top seed again.
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 4:04am On Apr 03, 2017
Eruditor:
Curry is the real Wizard as he ends the game with 9/14 threes and 42 points on 22 shots.

We blowout Washington which makes our run come in full circle as it began when we first lost to the Wizards 18 games ago.

Personally, I think the starters need to start resting as I doubt Spurs will still push for top seed again.
You're too happy this morning. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 03, 2017
Roland17:

I dey here ohhh..I am just hoping the quest to finish first in the conference does not distract or become overwhelming for the team when the playoff's commences.

I listened to Isaiah's interview after the game and how Brad is trying to underplay the quest for the top but the players are excited about the prospect. That was the easiest game of the season for us, the Knicks were without Rose (Done for the season) and Melo (back).

The Cavs host the Pacers in few minutes before the Cavs and the Celtics clash on Wednesday, which is the game to watch, not necessarily because its the battle for the top but more importantly for the Celtics, it would weigh their preparedness for play off atmosphere.
I agree with you and yes the Cavs got a win and may still win their next game but that would only place them at par with you come Wednesday.

Big question is : can the Celtics survive a 7 game playoff round against say, Miami and then go on to face the Wizards?
My answer is No.
Re: The NBA Begins by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 03, 2017
Eruditor:
8/11 from 3s for Curry who is evidently in MVP mode. Curry is torching Wizards and Wall- It must be said. 33 points for him and a 22 point lead by GSW.
Go easy man, Warriors are in a world of their own. Let's hope they've learnt from last year and KD comes good in the playoffs.
And hey! Canter was garbage, so were the other starters. Westbrook's carried the team so much that the flaws of others are hidden(same thing Bron Bron does for his helpless Cavs). Sometimes watching him, you see resignation in his play, he'd be like "let me kuku get my personal accolades. Or isn't it odd the dude was the team leader in all three departments? Na him dey score, na him assist, na him still rebound pass.
They need another PG come next season.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 8:05am On Apr 03, 2017
Skywalker has won Nairaland Basketball fantasy league after defeating the great Lucious in the Finals . Now i want you guys to try and get this championship off me next season ooo grin grin grin . Back to back finals. One championship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:04am On Apr 03, 2017
Skywalker5:
Skywalker has won Nairaland Basketball fantasy league after defeating the great Lucious in the Finals . Now i want you guys to try and get this championship off me next season ooo grin grin grin . Back to back finals. One championship.

So youve won the fantasy league before now. Back to back, naso LeBron go carry am again. grin
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 11:42am On Apr 03, 2017
lolawilliams:

So youve won the fantasy league before now. Back to back, naso LeBron go carry am again. grin

Na, i lost the finals last season. i won this time. My story is like Lebron. Maybe i should stop hating on him grin grin
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:46am On Apr 03, 2017
So KD gets injured and all of a sudden, Curry starts playing better. I used to think Curry stats dropped and didnt have anything to do with KD's presence.

The Only thing killing the Cavs right now is the defence. We played zero defense against Pacers, PG turned TT to his kid, 2 OT when it could've been over but TT played wild dumb. Our losses sef don make regular season taya me, Playoffs should come real quick and watch some action
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 11:52am On Apr 03, 2017
Skywalker5:

Na, i lost the finals last season. i won this time. My story is like Lebron. Maybe i should stop hating on him grin grin

No o grin. If LeBron wins it again, you mean you'll will the next one. I got to understand how the fantasy league goes in the 4-5th week with an unhealthy Embiid and K.love which really affected my chances. Patiently waiting for next season's own
Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 12:13pm On Apr 03, 2017
lolawilliams:

No o grin. If LeBron wins it again, you mean you'll will the next one. I got to understand how the fantasy league goes in the 4-5th week with an unhealthy Embiid and K.love which really affected my chances. Patiently waiting for next season's own
Babe wats up? I didn't get a hang of it either. Didn't know there would be much impact, hence my dumb trade. But it is what it is cheesy

Next season
Re: The NBA Begins by lolawilliams(f): 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
SmooshCHN:
Babe wats up? I didn't get a hang of it either. Didn't know there would be much impact, hence my dumb trade. But it is what it is cheesy

Next season

Lol. I should have made the dumbest trade with Skywalker but the trade got declined, It was after that i got to know the stupid trap i almost fell into. Lool. The trade we made assisted me alot. jj Redick 3s and CP3 assists with few 3s grin.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
Steph is doing to Westbrook and Harden what Lebron did to him. If he wants to become even greater, this might be what he needs to master and do consistently. Statement games like these against your wannabe usurpers is what set the likes of M.J, Olajuwon, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Lebron ahead of their rivals

Jesus Christ. I can't believe I tipped these guys to potentially beat the Cavs. Just look at these mental midgets bitching about a botched McGee three instead of pondering why they bled 137 points. What a disappoint

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2017/04/03/wizards-find-warriors-to-be-disrespectful-at-the-end-of-the-blowout-loss/?utm_term=.9df948132891
Re: The NBA Begins by Horus(m): 1:26am On Apr 04, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAr6oAKieHk

Michael Jordan Top 50 All Time Plays

Relive the best plays of Michael Jordan.
It was really hard to eliminate all the plays down to 50 .Enjoy.

3 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:29am On Apr 04, 2017
A40:
Steph is doing to Westbrook and Harden what Lebron did to him. If he wants to become even greater, this might be what he needs to master and do consistently. Statement games like these against your wannabe usurpers is what set the likes of M.J, Olajuwon, Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Lebron ahead of their rivals

Jesus Christ. I can't believe I tipped these guys to potentially beat the Cavs. Just look at these mental midgets bitching about a botched McGee three instead of pondering why they bled 137 points. What a disappoint

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2017/04/03/wizards-find-warriors-to-be-disrespectful-at-the-end-of-the-blowout-loss/?utm_term=.9df948132891

139 actually. What was stewpid to me was how they were losing by 22 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter and kept launching 3s to reduce the score deficit and make it look closer than it ought to be even when it was clear GSW had decided to let it rest. Before long the deficit had shrunk to 9/10. Kerr then made adjustments and returned Steph and Draymond to the line up and the deficit increased to 22 again. Wizards then get angry with GSW and claim GSW were trying to embarrass them by inflating the scoreline.

I was disappointed with Kerr for apologizing to Scott Brooks tbh. Wizards deserved what came their way.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:31am On Apr 04, 2017
sapiosexual1:

Go easy man, Warriors are in a world of their own. Let's hope they've learnt from last year and KD comes good in the playoffs.
And hey! Canter was garbage, so were the other starters. Westbrook's carried the team so much that the flaws of others are hidden(same thing Bron Bron does for his helpless Cavs). Sometimes watching him, you see resignation in his play, he'd be like "let me kuku get my personal accolades. Or isn't it odd the dude was the team leader in all three departments? Na him dey score, na him assist, na him still rebound pass.
They need another PG come next season.

He is having a great season but if he can do less and let others help out, his team will win more games. That is what he is yet to realize. He once had KD yet they did not win 60+ games because of the way Russell plays amongst others.
Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 2:33am On Apr 04, 2017
SmooshCHN:
You're too happy this morning. grin

We played rubbish D but Curry's shooting and diabolical layups just dey sweet me. This is the form you wanted him to go into the playoffs with I am happy it is happening now.

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Eruditor: 3:14am On Apr 04, 2017
North Carolina vs Gonzaga
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:15am On Apr 04, 2017
Eruditor:
North Carolina vs Gonzaga

Im loving this game, but the refs are trying to ruin it angry

Am I the only one impressed with the way Pinson plays?
Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 4:34am On Apr 04, 2017
Skywalker5:

Congrats skywalker5! I was just about to post an image...beat me to it grin

Your experience paid off. I was one steal away..one steal... kai!!!

much respect to smooshchn and lolawilliams...made the game hotter than it needed to be for first time players angry

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by SmooshCHN: 5:49am On Apr 04, 2017
birdman:

much respect to smooshchn and lolawilliams...made the game hotter than it needed to be for first time players angry
Took a while to get the hang of it. I'm surely playing next season don't forget.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 7:37am On Apr 04, 2017
birdman:

Haha, thats true o. i have won this stuff twice in three season. The first season was when we were on Kfba.net. i suppose enter hall of fame ooo.. Three consecutive finals. two championship.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 10:49am On Apr 04, 2017
Eruditor:

139 actually. What was stewpid to me was how they were losing by 22 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter and kept launching 3s to reduce the score deficit and make it look closer than it ought to be even when it was clear GSW had decided to let it rest. Before long the deficit had shrunk to 9/10. Kerr then made adjustments and returned Steph and Draymond to the line up and the deficit increased to 22 again. Wizards then get angry with GSW and claim GSW were trying to embarrass them by inflating the scoreline.

I was disappointed with Kerr for apologizing to Scott Brooks tbh. Wizards deserved what came their way.
Can't really blame Kerr. You have to be politically correct these days.

My disappointment was with supposed grown men not able to take their beating like men. Whining about the Warriors leaving their players out. What is their business edakun? Seeing Wall and Beal endorse Jennings actions simply tells me they don't hold themselves accountable in that locker room
Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 1:51pm On Apr 04, 2017
Muna15:

I stand by my words. Regular season record does not really mean much. The NBA title belongs to the team with 16 post season wins. So, Don't write off the Spurs and Rockets too soon. Last year win by the Cavs shows anything can happen in NBA.
by the time of play - offs my fully fit durant will be ready as well as curry finding his rythme to blaze off any threat coming from that wizard coach popovich spurs teams and as for rockets and okc make them go sit down they are no threat at all.

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by birdman(m): 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
Skywalker5:

Haha, thats true o. i have won this stuff twice in three season. The first season was when we were on Kfba.net. i suppose enter hall of fame ooo.. Three consecutive finals. two championship.

I no gree mehn....we no dey count kfba tongue
Re: The NBA Begins by Skywalker5(m): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2017
birdman:

I no gree mehn....we no dey count kfba tongue

haha. no do ojoro ooo.Its was still Nairaland fantasy league. I want to fight for my own legacy like Lebron oooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
Eruditor:

Curry does what he NEEDS to do to make his team win. That's where Russell is still coming short. Curry could have had triple doubles in at least 6 of his last 9 games but he would rather sit it out and keep himself fresh for the playoffs.

As for playoffs and when he needs to come into the discussion - I hate to say it, but that narrative is played out. Curry was easily GSWs best player in the last 2 playoffs up to the finals. Sure, he was not up to par against Cavs in key moments but in all his games leading to the finals he was big time. If you doubt it, check his stats against Russell and KD in the GSW-OKC series and when you consider that his team won, then you can conclude that he outplayed them.

I don't even want to talk about the 2015 finals. My opinion has not changed. Curry and not Iggy deserved that finals MVP but because the NBA wanted to give Iggy more credit for stopping Bron than Curry for his clutch shots and free throws they announced Iggy the finals MVP.

To put numbers to what I am saying, Curry averaged roughly 27 points 6 assists and 2 steals in the finals which was actually about 28 points 8 assists and 3 steals in the last 3 games after GSW went down 2-1. The last finals in which dick-riders came mouth agape for Kyrie forget that Kyrie's 2016 numbers were about the same as Curry's in 2015 which begs the question, why do they always claim Curry has struggled in the playoffs?

Curry had a 24pt first half against Houston before his injury in game 1. Had a 40 point and 29point game against Portland in the next round. Had a couple 30+ games including the 36 of game 7 that saw his team beat OKC 96-88. Had a 38 and 30 point game against Cavs in he finals and a 19 point 4/10 (from 3s) output in which he scored no bucket in the 4th quarter. At that point, he matched Kyrie for points until Kyries 3point play on Ezeli, 2 FTs and dagger 3 to seal the win. Which is great no doubt but was simply because Lebron became the main focus of GSW which freed Kyrie up. Similar to the way Curry was being hounded and Harrison Barnes had open looks to shoot 3s and 2s yet went 5/32 in the last 3 games.

When all is said and done, say 9 years from now, many will realize how Curry changed the NBA especially teams' ways of defending from the top of half court because of the fear of his parking lot 3s. See how many clean looks Klay had yesterday because Pop thought it wise to put 2 sometimes 3 people on Curry just to prevent the 3.

And yea, "when he does not shoot 3s he cannot influence a game". Tell that to the Spurs defence he kept dribbling through for layups. Or his 10+ assists average in the last 9 games.

Then some good PGs had a few good games this season and Curry became wack and did not deserve an all-star start. Yet his "bad season" is better than 98% of other NBA players good season.
you can analyse for africa.good one though

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by popizaino(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
can't believe am drawn into this old argument of who has better handles between curry and kyrie Irving. for those who sees beyond trying too many flashy moves before beating a player and one who beat a player with a single smooth moves will know curry has a pure ball handle than overrated brat.
Re: The NBA Begins by aliondo: 4:45pm On Apr 04, 2017
popizaino:
can't believe am drawn into this old argument of who has better handles between curry and kyrie Irving. for those who sees beyond trying too many flashy moves before beating a player and one who beat a player with a single smooth moves will know curry has a pure ball handle than overrated brat.

you're a good analyst but i beg to disagree with you on this one......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) (471) ... (2263) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.