Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,751 members, 7,905,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:18 PM

New Topic For 2012 - Sokoto. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / New Topic For 2012 - Sokoto. (826 Views)

Ooni And Wuraola Visit Sultan Of Sokoto In His Palace. See Photos / Photos From Calabar Festival 2012 / Ijaw Izon! Ijaw People This is a topic For You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Topic For 2012 - Sokoto. by NegroNtns(m): 4:07am On Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the post.

There is a series on Yoruba history and roots and has been ongoing now for about two years. It was started on the simple question of teaching through dialogue the history, customs, arts, rituals and religion of the Yorubas. So far a lot of ground has been covered and many people have benefitted from learning in here knowledge that they could not have found or acquired anywhere else. There was strong concern about exercising care and caution, about how the message will be disseminated and protected against egotistic interests. Most of the approach has been gentle and keeping in-step with what the audience is ready to absorb. We drew border lines on what is safe for public consumption and what is better left in the secret vaults, hidden from public gaze. When it seems a revelation is too shocking and brings a backlash, we back off. There has also been plenty individual contributors who are suddenly empowered and energized to join in and do the research and revelation on their own. Your contributions are most appreciated and we send you a sincere "Thank You" Anonymous, Amor4ce, Physics Thank You guys. Thanks also to many others who antagonized the efforts and unknowingly incited us to reveal even more at far deeper level than originally intended.

Our pace is one knowledge area per year, lol! wink Over the past two years we covered the person of Lamurudu, his roots and people and the ultimate migration from the East to Yorubaland and as well shared on the established Seven States and what they stood for. We attempted to reveal certain secrets contained in Genesis in the Bible and do a side by side with revelations in Ifa Corpus and share with you the monotheism of Ifa religion as well prove that Noah and Abraham practiced Ifa. That effort could not be completed without unveiling certain esoteric aspects of the Abrahamic faiths - Judaism, Christianity and Islam - which at this time are best left alone. So for next year we have a new topic and ground to cover. We want to see where else the Yoruba footprint can be found outside the mainstream Yoruba commonwealth. Our first stop is Sokoto.

Not to brag, when I was in North, my sister and I attended different schools but we both were in attendance with royal bloods. We fraternered together, they were welcome in our house and we were no strangers in their homes. From there I learnt a lot about Arewa, the Caliphate and the Emirates. I also gained a lot of knowledge about Kanem.

In case some of you are wondering why I am bringing this topic into discussion now, it's because your mind is ripened by political events in the country and you will not be shocked by this discussion and what it would reveal.

Is there any of you that know that the Sultans in Sokoto understand and speak Yoruba and do you know why they speak Yoruba? Share what you know with us. wink

(1) (Reply)

Per Word Billing:igbo Kwenu!!! / 10 Powerful Affirmations That Can Change Your Life / Yorùbá Mothers Produce The Best Range Of Slaps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.