Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,894 members, 7,976,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 06:01 AM

Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? (4338 Views)

Sub-tribalism(clanship) In South-east Nigeria / What's The Point Of Carnivals In Nigeria? / Increase In Bleaching Rate In South East Nigeria(snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by slap1(m): 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2011
mbatuku2:

The nottingham carnival in England is copied from the West Indies.

Are we allergic to change?
Nottingham have nothing, that's why they copied. We have cultures to project and maintain. Nottingham should also copy our New Yam Festival, Oji Mbaise, AƱara Day, etc, or are they allergic to change?
Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 28, 2011
Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by TRUTHTELA: 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2011
@OP, I can't believe you, What's CARNIVAL? Cos Calabar & P-H, hosted a carnival, IGBOS should copy them? You can go to your town & start one. I can tell that you are not an Igbo person and you created this thread for AWKWARD reasons. Go get a LIFE!!! If CARNIVAL is the problem, IGBOS will solve it a million times. It cost nothing to gather YOUTHS with their costumes & they'll patrol the streets dancing to different kind of music ( CARNIVAL ). FYI, all you LOOSERS that failed to achieve the LEAST thing in their lives and wants to CONSOLE themselves by thinking that their TRIBE is BETTER than another MAN's tribe,should do their research properly & stop living a life filled with FAILURE & IGNORANCE.
Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by HiDee2(m): 12:14am On Dec 29, 2011
Well, i tink dre r a numba of festivals in d South.east of Nigeria.

For example, i knw of 'Orji Mbaise' 2 b celebrated on Jan. 1, 2012 by d gud Mbaise pple of Imo state, ds editn wil b hosted by Itu, Mbaise village.

I m presently a national youth corps memba servin in one of d five local gov. areas dat mak up Mbaise; Ezinihitte-Mbaise Local Goverment Area, Imo state 2 b precise.
Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by OleTom: 12:44am On Dec 29, 2011
Well, will you look at that! Can't get along.

Was searching for igloo, missed and pressed b in fast type. Word igbo comes up. Wonder what it was then I saw these postings on nairaland. Igbo and Yoruba can't get along. Tsk Tsk Tsk. One tribe says its superior, the other says that its the best. Then call each other names.

Now looker here there ain't no superior tribe cause you all are nothing but a bunch of black nigga apes who can't get along for nothing. Will sell each other down the river for pennies. Senseless primates with monkey brains. Good for nothing but confusion. Bow to the true race, the white race niggers! grin
Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by ezer(m): 2:12am On Dec 29, 2011
Lol!!, I just dey laugh!.
Mbatuku or whatever ,u jst got served!
Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by Martmore: 10:50am On Dec 29, 2011
@op, you came as if u were asking a decent question, but i found out u re one of those who preferred 2 be called minorities.IGBO KWENU!
Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by MrLonny: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2011
As others have stated, to keep firearms you need a firearms certificate which is issued through an application to your local police. Unless you have firearms approved land (farmer, gamekeeper and the like) you need to be a regular full member at a gun club.

Re: Any Carnivals In South East Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 29, 2011
Martmore:

@op, you came as if u were asking a decent question, but i found out u re one of those who preferred 2 be called minorities.IGBO KWENU!

Na by force?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Jayanti 2015 Short Speech, Essay, Stories In Punjabi Kids / Names And Titles Of The 32 New Ibadan Obas / The Igbo And Funerals (5)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.