Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,374 members, 7,910,875 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 06:57 PM

Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie (9863 Views)

Buhari, Your Change Is Causing Despondency – Okogie / Remi Babalola: I Left Jonathan’s Govt Because Of Financial Mismanagement / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dmainboss: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2011
goshen360:

Go to the root/cause of the problem and you fix the problem. Terrorism is not as vibrant as it is now in the past in Nigeria. So, when you treat the cause of this flame, you fix the problem. The problem is INJUSTICE. Look everywhere in Nigeria, you see injustice: to the poor masses that voted leadership into power and BH is just a small group out of the masses reacting in frustration and dissatisfaction of the economy.

You just made my point. While I will not hold brief for the government, your answer is very vague.

What is the root cause of the problem?

Injustice from who to who? I dont see Boko aram crying for justice. They are crying for sharia, just like every other terrorist group in the world. They want islamization of the world.

BH has never addressed the economy but Islamization. So my question remains un-answered. This is where Akande goofed. Calling the actions of a group who is carrying out an Islamic jihad, a silent revolution is so insensitive, callous and disturbing
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by beylinko(m): 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2011
One thing i have 4 jonathan is dis 'If a watchman sees a danger n refuses to blow d wistle 2 warn d people,God will demand their blood frm his hand' D choice is his.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nchara: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2011
Yes Jonathan may be confused but the most confused ones are those (and their sponsors) who kill innocent people and destroy their livelihoods.
It looks like Okogie is half playing to the gallery and half saying the truth here. If he cannot tell the BH people to their faces that they are murderers and that the earlier they stop the murdering spree the better for Nigeria, then he is a non starter. He has taken the easier route: attack the president.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dmainboss: 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2011
beylinko:

One thing i have 4 jonathan is dis 'If a watchman sees a danger n refuses to blow d wistle 2 warn d people,God will demand their blood frm his hand' D choice is his.

I would have agreed with you if the bolded were true. How do you see the danger in a terrorist attack? Israel is the best at preventing terrorism in the world and they still get some attacks from time to time. The way they prevent most attacks is that over the years, they have been able to plant moles across the mid-east. These moles live in countries like Iran and Syria like normal citizens and have completely blended into those societies and send back information to Israel. But these took long years of work to achieve. Nigeria on the other hand, dont have that for now. They are probably trying to develop that but it will take time to achieve. For example, if you send an SSS or police guy from Enugu or Ilorin or Delta to damaturu, they will be completely useless no matter what security training they have received. You need people who can blend into those communities. And without that kind of intelligence structure, you cannot stop these attacks. My take is we should split the country, then we will have to deal with them at the borders.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Goshen360(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2011
dmainboss:

You just made my point. While I will not hold brief for the government, your answer is very vague.

What is the root cause of the problem?

Injustice from who to who? I dont see Boko aram crying for justice. They are crying for sharia, just like every other terrorist group in the world. They want islamization of the world.

BH has never addressed the economy but Islamization. So my question remains un-answered

Terrorism had been in the days of past present and Nigeria is not a one religion nation, so how come BH is so vibrant now? If you are seeing it from the perspective of BH Islamizating the world, then American should be the starting point not Nigeria because America has more Christians than Muslims,ok. I tell you but we dont have to argue over this, there is injustice in leadership of Nigeria and hence, there cannot be peace where there is injustice not to talk of confused leadership.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Basseti: 10:54pm On Dec 28, 2011
goshen360:

but we dont have to argue over this, there is injustice in leadership of Nigeria and hence, there cannot be peace where there is injustice not to talk of confused leadership.

You are yet to answer the question.

Simply put, whats the correlation between bombing of churches and agitating for social/economic equality?
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by otokx(m): 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2011
Its not yet eureka.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Superking: 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2011
There are so many USELESS HYPOCRITES on NL. @Pro01, fake Docokwu and those who reason like them are inclusive. Some of you were spitting rubbish on another thread where the likes of Oyedepo, Adeboye etc condemned Boko Haram's evil deeds. So Okogie is the most outspoken Clergy in Nigeria? Where do you place Pastor Tunde Bakare? Isn't he a Pentecostal Pastor? Catholic Priests are not saints afterall; just that their follewers like many of you pretend not to know about their attrocious deeds. CELLIBACY indeed! They dont take tithe but LAUNCH millions of Naira Harvest every year. They fraternise with known Occultic members of their Parish. Make una take time!
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nchara: 10:59pm On Dec 28, 2011
Basseti:

You are yet to answer the question.

Simply put, whats the correlation between bombing of churches and agitating for social/economic equality?

None whatsoever. This is a religio-politico-ethnic war they are waging. Our response should take that approach too. Thanks.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dmainboss: 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2011
goshen360:

Terrorism had been in the days of past present and Nigeria is not a one religion nation, so how come BH is so vibrant now? If you are seeing it from the perspective of BH Islamizating the world, then American should be the starting point not Nigeria because America has more Christians than Muslims,ok. I tell you but we dont have to argue over this, there is injustice in leadership of Nigeria and hence, there cannot be peace where there is injustice not to talk of confused leadership.

This is not about us arguing. We gain nothing from unnecessary arguments. My point is that, if they were a militant group fighting for injustice, you would be right. But they are not. They are a terrorist group with suicide bombers.

The first mistake many people make here is that suicide bombers are motivated by money. NO NO NO THEY ARE NOT! You dont collect money to do a job that you will not be alive to enjoy. Suicide bombers are brainwashed people who are normally brainwashed from a very young age. You can google about the typical mindset of a suicie bomber. It is purely a religious and a cultural problem. They are not advocating for improved welfare from the government. They are saying the western culture that we have is evil and should be stamped out. period. That is what the Talibans preach in Afghanistan and pakistan. It is not perculiar to Nigeria so you have to realise it is not as a result of poverty or injustice.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Demdem(m): 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2011
Nchara:

Yes Jonathan may be confused but the most confused ones are those (and their sponsors) who kill innocent people and destroy their livelihoods.
It looks like Okogie is half playing to the gallery and half saying the truth here. If he cannot tell the BH people to their faces that they are murderers and that the earlier they stop the murdering spree the better for Nigeria, then he is a non starter. He has taken the easier route: attack the presi.

So u want him to say that to BH and risks the next bomb to be lauched in his domain. Or do u think we have the security to protect him? Why do u think the so called northern leaders aren't talking and the ones that have are apologizing to BH?
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by leeman720: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2011
Total confusion all over him(GEJ)  tongue angry
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by expert555: 11:05pm On Dec 28, 2011
GEJ is too confused you can his beaming smile when he received the sultan of Sokoto at his villa the other day as if is all well with the country. I don't think the man is fit to rule the country. I want us to face one problem at a time. GEJ should resign and allow his deputy to rule. He have lost my sympathy if the northerners are bombing us because we have a Christian president we want to enjoy what we are been violated for. In this case I did not see the need for the suffering of the people.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Rhino5dm: 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2011
pro01:

That's why I like Catholic clerics (and most of the 'old generation churches' clerics too). Materialistic money-mongers like most of the new age pentecostal 'pastors' would prefer talking about prosperity and kissing presidential asses rather than speaking the truth.

+100

None of those blink blink, gucci and gabbana designer suit wearing prosperity teaching pastors conmen can utter such words bare na.ked. They prefer competing with one another about who is going to buy the latest gulf stream or have the largest church or built the biggest and costlier university or ride on the latest bullet proof jeeps.

When tithes and first fruits donations are not meeting their extravagance life-style, they organize crusade and stage-manage couple of miracles to revitalized their dwinddling incomes. In the hidden, they romance with most corrupted Nigerians and accord them high table in any spritual meetings while the average member of their congregations are been milked dry via various forms of fleecing methods. e.g offer7 or gate fee or sowing a rusted seed.

After "making it" big time, they arrogate themself with level of Jesus and boastfully threaten members with curses to keep them at bay.

God Bless Pastor Tunde Bakare. cool !
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Beaf: 11:08pm On Dec 28, 2011
Lol! Haters really enjoy boko haram killings. It gives them a taste of the blood they really crave.
I created a thread that shows that there were 3 times as many deaths from maitatsine riots in Buhari's time than from boko haram. That thread is here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-833495.0.html

The problem with many Nigerians is that they prefer sentiment to engaging their minds. Okogie's opinion is personal to him and I couldn't care less about it, wiser people always say upbuilding things in times of crisis, maybe not Okogie. The other day, it was the ACN publicity secretary, Bisi Akande claiming that boko haram was a revolution! Leaders indeed!

Nothing is surprising in Nigeria, particularly when it comes from certain quarters.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dmainboss: 11:10pm On Dec 28, 2011
leeman720:

Total confusion all over him(GEJ)  tongue angry

I dont think GEJ is confused. Rather I think the whole Nigeria is confused. If I ask you what you really want for Nigeria, you would probably say

1. We want a one Nigeria with peace and unity. But is that possible or realistic. Absolutely no.
2. You might also say, I want Nigeria to split. But will you be ready to bear the cost of that? Absolutely no again.

I think we as a country have to make up our mind what we want and be ready to go for it. I dont envy GEJ because he has inherited a time bomb. What is happening today is a build up of over 40 years of confusion. Truth is, it doesnt matter who the president is, it would still have happened. Only difference would have been the timing. Funny that so many people have predicted this a long time ago and over the years, but Nigerians have dipped their head in the sand hoping it will all go away. Fact be told: It is here to stay!
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dmainboss: 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2011
expert555:

GEJ is too confused you can his beaming smile when he received the sultan of Sokoto at his villa the other day as if is all well with the country. I don't think the man is fit to rule the country. I want us to face one problem at a time. GEJ should resign and allow his deputy to rule. He have lost my sympathy if the northerners are bombing us because we have a Christian president we want to enjoy what we are been violated for. In this case I did not see the need for the suffering of the people.

I will like to ask you a sincere question. If GEJ should resign because Boko Aram is carrying out suicide bombings and he cannot stop them, will that make Boko Aram to stop or will that give them the hope and courage to go for the big price?
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Goshen360(m): 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2011
Nchara:

None whatsoever. This is a religio-politico-ethnic war they are waging. Our response should take that approach too. Thanks.

dmainboss:

This is not about us arguing. We gain nothing from unnecessary arguments. My point is that, if they were a militant group fighting for injustice, you would be right. But they are not. They are a terrorist group with suicide bombers.

The first mistake many people make here is that suicide bombers are motivated by money. NO NO NO THEY ARE NOT! You dont collect money to do a job that you will not be alive to enjoy. Suicide bombers are brainwashed people who are normally brainwashed from a very young age. You can google about the typical mindset of a suicie bomber. It is purely a religious and a cultural problem. They are not advocating for improved welfare from the government. They are saying the western culture that we have is evil and should be stamped out. period. That is what the Talibans preach in Afghanistan and pakistan. It is not perculiar to Nigeria so you have to realise it is not as a result of poverty or injustice.

As a christian, am never in support of BH bombing churches anyway as churches are not the first place they started bombing. We are shouting more now because it has come to church bombing. Church bombing might have come along their mission anyway but the root of the problem is not more than religion and Islamization of the world.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Mayflowa(m): 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2011
This is not Jonathan! I tell you, brothers and sisters, this is never Jonathan. Agreed, Jonathan needs to do more in terms of security. Common, he cannot do it in one day. Just one bomb on the loose can cause mayhem as you have witness. It is not easy to detect their whereabout totally in present day Nigeria because of our level of technology.

GO READ 'ALLAH IS NOT GOD AND MUHAMMAD IS THE MESSENGER OF ALLAH, quran against the world! You all will know what is happening. This is moseim jihad perpertrated by a group of people that have the sympathy of alot of moslems because that is what koran said.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Beaf: 11:19pm On Dec 28, 2011
expert555:

Should GEJ resign for your village chief to take over? What message would his resignation pass? Some posts seem like they have come out of an anus.
There isn't a single sentence that one would even credit to a toddler above. We should think things through before embarrassing ourselves in public. 'Just some wise words for you to ponder.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nchara: 11:20pm On Dec 28, 2011
Demdem:

So u want him to say that to BH and risks the next bomb to be lauched in his domain. Or do u think we have the security to protect him? Why do u think the so called northern leaders aren't talking and the ones that have are apologizing to BH?

Then he (Okogie) is a cheap coward. Read the comments from those pentecostal pastors in the other thread. They called a spade by its name.

BTW, I have been following some of your posts here and I feel quite disappointed.
It is idiotic to blame GEJ for not preventing all the bombing incidences (even the USA has not prevented the terrorists from acting time after time).
We can only blame him for not prosecuting those arrested in connection to such bombings to the fullest extent of the law.

First, we must condemn those throwing the bombs and killing innocent people. In you people's hatred (for lack of a better word) for Jonathan, you guys still fail to see that BH is about many things: killing of christians, killing of southerners and not wanting a southern/christian president.

They called themselves haters of western education, but they have not bombed any of the western educational institutions in their backyards. I pray it will not be too late for some of you to begin to see beyond the ordinary. Cheers.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Rhino5dm: 11:24pm On Dec 28, 2011
^
Do you think Bush would have survived 3 Al-qaedas attack on US soil? Let just leave US out of this.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nchara: 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^
Do you think Bush would have survived 3 Al-qaedas attack on US soil? Let just leave US out of this.

Even if we leave the USA out of this, it will not change your hatred to good reasoning.
Your case (in particular) is beyond arguing with. Thanks.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by 1025: 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2011
confused is an under-statement. jonathan, pdp and their govts are confussion.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Basseti: 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2011
goshen360:

As a christian, am never in support of BH bombing churches anyway as churches are not the first place they started bombing. We are shouting more now because it has come to church bombing. [b]Church bombing might have come along their mission [/b]anyway but the root of the problem is not more than religion and Islamization of the world.

Since you are now the mouth piece of BH, educate us on this mission of BH.

Boko Haram has spelt out what their mission is, they even gave you a clue in the name they chose. So we should disregard them and believe you?

And lets assume that you are right and somehow they are really against injustice, give us one action that they have taken that justifies that claim? Thats apart from killing and maiming of innocent civilians.

The attack on churches was not random neither was it spontaneous. Churches have been attacked before and burnt to the ground even before Jonathan dreamt of being a VeePee. Should we also attribute that to the agitation for justice? If so, you must have a different definition of justice than I do.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Ndkings1(m): 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
I don't giv a dame if nigeria disintegrates
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nchara: 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2011
Basseti:

Since you are now the mouth piece of BH, educate us on this mission of BH.

Boko Haram has spelt out what their mission is, they even gave you a clue in the name they chose. So we should disregard them and believe you?

And lets assume that you are right and somehow they are really against injustice, give us one action that they have taken that justifies that claim? Thats apart from killing and maiming of innocent civilians.

The attack on churches was not random neither was it spontaneous. Churches have been attacked before and burnt to the ground even before Jonathan dreamt of being a VeePee. Should we also attribute that to the agitation for justice? If so, you must have a different definition of justice than I do.

May your days be long. Am happy am not alone.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by dmainboss: 11:32pm On Dec 28, 2011
Honestly, I think we should just split and go our separate ways. It is a pity people like Okogie cannot take such stance and always prefer to be politically correct. I would like to see an ACN leader come out and advocate that the country splits. then I will start too take them seriously.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Rhino5dm: 11:39pm On Dec 28, 2011
Who cares what you think of me? You really over rate your little self.
All i did was to point a flaw in your "good reasoning ability" by calling you out of your exergerated ways and you came back to call me names. Oh, really thanks for your "good reasoning ability", indeed.

Any sensible person knows that Bush wouldn't have survived another terrorist attack on US soil, more reason why i caution your comparision between US and Nigerias case.

How else will one profess good reasoning capability only to turn around and compare US single Al-qaedas attack with this constant bombing and continual killing of innocent citizens. Bravo!

Nchara:

Even if we leave the USA out of this, it will not change your hatred to good reasoning.
Your case (in particular) is beyond arguing with. Thanks.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by ochukoccna: 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2011
Okogie so on point.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by expert555: 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2011
@deboss
I asked he resign not necessary to stop BKH attacks but because the country have lack direction in all endeavours. As we all know now the have a very low IQ, you can imagine his smiles when the country is on fire and he needed to be firm to the sultan as Sokoto what he wants to happen to avoid him unlishing the military power upon the barstard. Also more to think about we Christian are not enjoying the dividend of having a Christian president that warrant the death and distraction, in another word we are paying too high price for no reward. Let me know what monumental project in south Nigerian since that retard GEJ comes to power? So on this level I speaks. We are better with a northern leader who will trying to please us because the wealth of the nation comes from us than a confused person being turn by everyone.
Re: Jonathan’s Govt Confused – Okogie by Nchara: 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2011
expert555:

@deboss
I asked he resign not necessary to stop BKH attacks but because the country have lack direction in all endeavours. As we all know now the have a very low IQ, you can imagine his smiles when the country is on fire and he needed to be firm to the sultan as Sokoto what he wants to happen to avoid him unlishing the military power upon the barstard. Also more to think about we Christian are not enjoying the dividend of having a Christian president that warrant the death and distraction, in another word we are paying too high price for no reward. Let me know what monumental project in south Nigerian since that slowpoke GEJ comes to power? So on this level I speaks. We are better with a northern leader who will trying to please us because the wealth of the nation comes from us than a confused person being turn by everyone.

He should resign for who to take over? And which northern president has pleased you in the past?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Supporters Protest, Block Ondo Assembly / Ozekhome Says President Buhari Can Be Investigated While In Office / Kebbi People, Aminu Arrive Bunza To Set Pace Ahead Of Atiku’s Visit (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.