Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,202 members, 7,939,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:50 PM

Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board (13385 Views)

Kolade Akinjo: Appeal Court Upturns Tribunal’s Verdict / Christopher Kolade Resigns As SURE-P Chairman! / Dr. Christopher Kolade, SURE-P Chairman Resigns? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by delpee(f): 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
Christopher Kolade is a man worthy of respect anyday. He is not known to be corrupt or greedy. He seems satisfied with what he has and preaches good old school values wherever hes called to speak. I have listened to him a few times and all i have for him is deep respect.

This committee thing is a different ballgame though. Sounds like new PTF. Once outnumbered or outwitted by the PDP hawks who will certainly lobby to plant their own men for contract purposes, he may be doomed to fail. He can always resign if it comes to that anyway. But who dey resign for Naija? God dey, lets hope for the best.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by camrygmail: 9:40pm On Jan 03, 2012
Is Mr. Kolade really 80 years old. when will nigerians ever give young people a chance. The man at 80 should have refused the offer and so he can live his last years with a good name. I believe this assignment will make tarnish his public service record (i.e if it was any good to begin with).
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by expert555: 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
This is a cooling-off committee, there is no funds to allocate to saving account if there is no allocation in the budget I'm sure after the cooling-off period the government will disband these committees. I can't see the current finance minister allocating phantom funds to any imaginary account for sake of it, and if they are now saying the savings from subsidy will be spent on alleviation of poverty and others there won't be any savings at all for the government thereby defeating the purpose of the whole exercise in the first place. What a drama. GEJ is a dumb for real
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by yd849ja: 9:42pm On Jan 03, 2012
Setting up committees seems to be the only problem solving tool known this government? Additional burden to the already stretched overhead, Like how many committees do we have now? What a clueless leadership!
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by yd849ja: 9:55pm On Jan 03, 2012
Is it that we are fools or our leaders are just masters of deciet that we are too gullible to realise it because I don't understand the need for all this committees if the subsidy has truly been removed and not included in the budget. So what are they reinvesting if it wasn't budgeted for in the first instance. Can someone educate us on the need for this charade of a committee, because I just cannot see the usefulness. This government I say is full of lies and deceit.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by TRUTHTELA: 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2012
This commitee has no constitutional backing, it's all a dirty GAME, set-up by dirty people, and picked up a DIRTY MAN,like Kolade, who can do anything cos of money to be the head. Any money realised by the Fed Govt. MUST be shared by the THREE TIERS of Govt. I trust the Governors, they are all silent now, if @ the end of the day, the subsidy removal STAYZ, they will push this comitee aside. Failure, can only beget failure. Kolade, RUINED Cadbury, he is a STOOGE to an INTERNATIONAL rogue ( Obasanjo ), who can do anything cos of MONEY, we;ve not forgotten how Obasanjo, went as far as SUBVERTING the constituion, simply cos he wants to be Nigeria's Mugabe. What is Kolade's PEDIGREE? The only Nigerian that millions of people KNOWS & the records are there to PROVE THAT HE HAS NEVER STOLEN PUBLIC FUNDS or ENRICH  HIMSELF with his official position is the one & only Gen Buhari. Kolade, can be a a BRILLIANT dude, the fact remains that he lacks INTEGRITY. The RECORDS  are there. If only he has SHAME, he will not identify with ANTI-PEOPLE programmes. He should contact Gani & Achebe, for a tutorial on how to live an HONEST LIFE. Wish he has a name to PROTECT. Shame on him.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by rygem: 10:05pm On Jan 03, 2012
How cartel presented water as petrol to justify bloated subsidy *Adulterated petrol to flood market soon

Written by Dare Adekanmbi and Qudirat Hakeem-Apampa
Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It has been revealed that the N1.3 trillion claimed as subsidy by the Federal Government is a bloated figure and a product of endemic corruption among stakeholders in the downstream sector of the oil industry.

A source in the sector told the Nigerian Tribune how the cartel earlier fingered as beneficiaries of the subsidy found willing collaborators in those saddled with the responsibility of inspecting imported fuel before it is discharged at depots to fleece the country.

According to the highly placed source, fuel importers filled up vessels with water, disguised as petrol and kerosene and claimed to be bringing hundreds of such vessels from abroad on daily basis to justify their claim of huge amount of money as what the government was spending to reduce the price of the products.

"Water is loaded in vessels and officials of Customs, State Security Service (SSS), Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR), Petroleum Products Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA) and other stakeholders would inspect these vessels and certified that they contained petrol or kerosene.

"What they (the cartel) also did was to take vessels from Lagos to Port Harcourt and bring them back to Lagos as imported fuel from foreign countries to collect huge money from the government. When will this nation grow if it is being run this way?" the source queried.

Speaking further, the source expressed the fear that adulterated petrol might begin to flood the country soon because of the profiteering motive of members of the cartel.

******************************************************************************************
It is the greatest height of buffoonery in the national psyche if these kinds of things happened under the subsidy program!

Shouldn’t a thorough investigation be carried out to determine the cartels and bring them to justice? I think that Nigerians should demand a thorough inquiry or should it be swept under the carpet as usual?
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by delpee(f): 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2012
camrygmail:

Is Mr. Kolade really 80 years old. when will nigerians ever give young people a chance. The man at 80 should have refused the offer and so he can live his last years with a good name. I believe this assignment will make tarnish his public service record (i.e if it was any good to begin with).

Wow, didnt realise hes that old. His profile confirms that he was born in 1932! This type of assignment isnt in his or our best interest.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Jarus(m): 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2012
This govt is confused. We were told they were borrowing to finance subsidy. At the same time they are saying the savings/proceeds of subsidy will be re-invested. Are they telling us they are borrowing to finance the re-investment? Lies upon lies
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by wikitruth: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
80 years man to head committe to manage subsidy. The deputy is Kotangora who was Minister of works under IBB.
Na wah oh!!!!When will this generation take their own detsiny into their own hand. FRESH AIR is here.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Kilode1: 10:25pm On Jan 03, 2012
. . Pouring Old wine into new wineskins.

Kolade will achieve nothing without the political will to fight runaway public corruption.

Same old story, the owners of Nigeria deceiving their captives again. . undecided
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by cycline404(m): 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
ALL THE SELECTED PEOPLE ARE THE SAME THE SAME PDP CLEEK, ONLY ADAMS IS THE ACN MAN THERE AND THEY HAVE BLEND HIM IN ALREADY, I CAN REMEMBER WHAT HE DID THEN WHEN FUEL WAS INCREASED,

I KEEP REGRETTING MY VOTE EVERY MINITUE I SHOULD HAVE VOID IT THEN, WELL GOD WILL MOVE JONA TO WHERE HE KEPT ABACHA, OR HE WILL GO ON EXILE,

HE CAN REMOVE SUBSIDY WHEN WE HAVE ALL THE 51 YEARS PROMISES BEING KEPT , POWER,
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by aljharem3: 10:29pm On Jan 03, 2012
cry cry cry cry

kunle or whatever you call yourself. You too want to be eating out of the government corrupt system.

I can tell you that it would not last.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by OAM4J: 3:15am On Jan 04, 2012
I didn't even know the man is already almost 80yrs old.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Olaone1: 3:19am On Jan 04, 2012
An Obasanjo errand boy man undecided

GEJ's hands are tied
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by dejust(m): 3:51am On Jan 04, 2012
It is a bad situation that nobody sees credibility in the resource persons of our Nation simply because of brainwash, may God help us to understand.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by aljharem3: 3:54am On Jan 04, 2012
dejust:

It is a bad situation that nobody sees credibility in the resource persons of our Nation simply because of brainwash, may God help us to understand.

Understand what ?

what credibility that an 80 yrs old grandpapa wants to eat out of the government coffers as well ?

a beg go sleep angry
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Olaone1: 3:58am On Jan 04, 2012
Mr Kolade needs his Freedom Pass.

And, LMAO at the acronym "SURE". Stup!d people!
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Nchara: 3:58am On Jan 04, 2012
Okay!! I see that one important Yoruba man, Kolade, supports the subsidy removal. So can I say this man is a Yoruba betrayer (betraying the Yoruba course for anti subsidy removal?)
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Olaone1: 3:59am On Jan 04, 2012
Nchara:

Okay!! I see that one important Yoruba man, Kolade, supports the subsidy removal. So can I say this man is a Yoruba betrayer (betraying the Yoruba course for anti subsidy removal?)
What are you talking about? Are you okay?
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Timmy321(m): 5:49am On Jan 04, 2012
Kolade pls and pls don't try it. Pls learn from prof. Jega of INEC how Badluck jonathan used him and lost his credibility, not even a private school will look for Jega now. Kolade you can't do this alone and Jonathat is not a trusted person, he is a betrayer. I'll not like you to try joining him. Besides, JONATHAN MUST GO. Enough is enough.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by MisterNRC(m): 6:02am On Jan 04, 2012
Ninilowo:

Who killed Melford Okilo? lipsrsealed

Good Question! grin angry grin angry grin angry
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Timmy321(m): 6:04am On Jan 04, 2012
Jonathan you're Mad. I think you need a psych doc urgently, What is "subsidy reinvestment board??" Kolade, if you ever imagine taking this offer God will punish you alongside Badluck, punish your children, punish your children's children. In fact, taking it makes you a Dumb head. Learn from prof. Jega.ooooooo Jonathan is only looking for people that will go down with him. JONATHAN MAY GOD PUNISH YOU AND ALL YOUR GENERATION. MAY YOUR DAYS END WITH PAINS JUST AS YOU HAVE CAUSED THE TO THE POOR. Bast.ard
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by MisterNRC(m): 6:05am On Jan 04, 2012
What a SURE way to finance the "extensive" funds and their redeployment to other economic sectors.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by Timmy321(m): 6:15am On Jan 04, 2012
We don't want reinvestment, WE JUST WANT JONATHAN TO LEAVE. JONATHAN MUST GO. Simple
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by ignis: 6:45am On Jan 04, 2012
Na dem dem, Abeg make dem no deceive us jare
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by nku5: 7:11am On Jan 04, 2012
Now I'm certain that this whole thing is a design by foreign interests to destroy us, economically and politically. I dont if ppl noticed that IMF boss christine lagarde was in nigeria before the new yearnto ensure that this subsidy nonsense went through at all costs. They also exhume a well seasoned british mole called kolade
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by GboyegaD(m): 7:17am On Jan 04, 2012
This Jonathan guy keeps showing how dumb he is. The worst is that some idiots still supports him saying he is very right yet, they are not convinced nor can they convince people the benefit he has to offer.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by kolexy(m): 7:28am On Jan 04, 2012
@ OAM4J is just an illiterate. Dr Christopher was long tired as CEO/Chairman of Cadbury before the Bunmi Oni saga.

The Chairman then was Imo Itsueli.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by jaybee3(m): 7:31am On Jan 04, 2012
It's funny how people are begging Mr Kolade not to take up the helm on NL
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by juman(m): 8:00am On Jan 04, 2012
Ola one:

An Obasanjo errand boy man undecided

GEJ's hands are tied
^^^^
You get it.

But I think the committee will perform.
Re: Christopher Kolade To Head Subsidy Reinvestment (SURE) Board by fortunereg: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2012
Don't be deceived. All his recommendations must still be signed off by Badlock Joe !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Pay Highest Tariff Per Kilowatt In Africa’ / Buratai’s Dubai Asset: Ccb’s Clearance Ends Controversy – Lawyer / How Ondo APC Primary Was ‘rigged’ To Favour Akeredolu -APC Vice Chair Akinyelure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.