Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:29 AM

NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court (22205 Views)

Industrial Court Holds Session For Ocholi / BREAKING NEWS: Industrial Court Restored The 22 Lga's Chairmen In Rivers State / National Industrial Court Rules That Nlc Must Not Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Finland(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

Make up your mind about what you are protesting and stop yarning out of point.
If you are protesting corruption, then lets all hit the street; if you are protesting the subsidy removal, then that is dumb.
You must be a thief like them. How will a wasteful government suddenly realize the genius of prudence and making the right investment decisions simply bcs there is more money available from oil subsidy removal?
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2012
otokx:

unless NLC and TUC says otherwise or government reverses the pump price of petrol back to N65 nobody is going to work on Monday; either you stay in your house or you go on to the streets.

Strange shyte! grin
Dude, if you work for the govt and you strike, you could be summarily sacked. A thousand and one of your fellow protesters will line up for your job.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by sunboy(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
2mch:

This is a lie, no court can tell Labour that they cannot strike. That judgement is illegal. Labour Unions can strike whenever they want to. They are an independent body and act as check and balances against irresponsible or unfair government actions.Especially when all attempts at negotiation have proved abortive. Why did they not give the same ruling on ASUU? Labour go on soun, nothing do you. An illegal judgment is null and void. Anyone know any of these judges? so that we can judge their bank account balance from yesterday and today? Make dem go UK go tell Labour that kind mumu talk na.

You have no idea about labour so stop staying what you do not know. Yes they asked ASUU to resume in July 2009 when it was intensive, go read your papers. Funny enough people do not know, NLC, TUC, NIC, IAP all are government institutions. So they are fooling us. We citizens can choose to strike or not.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Nyntynplus: 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
Lets Get 2 Rumble The Battle Has just Started,
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by cold(m): 7:14pm On Jan 06, 2012
Gabbysky:

Embark on strike and go to jail, don't come/go to work and loose your job, disturb anyone carrying out his/her meaningful business and get Police brutality. AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSEHOLD WE NO SUPPORT THE STRIKE NOW AT ALL. At least make dem pay January salary first, Haba! NLC/TUC, because they've stolen enough money in the name of dues right?
Brother,it's a catch 22.Damned if you do,damned if you don't
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by mobf: 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2012
efisher:

The planned protest can be described as visionless activism.
What are you?
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by pek(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2012
@beaf I have read a lot of your posts and comments and I must say your pro government stance is becoming sickening and disgusting!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Yeske2(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2012
MAYOWAAK:

They are altogether deceived, both court and the FGN!!! Is it not ironic that this govt who have no regard for the rule of law expects others to obey that same rule of law? Selective Integrity/Justice speaks here, If I do it,it is right, if others do it,IT IS WRONG!!!

We are unstoppable, No shaking!!! Nigeria, your freedom is here! Your conquerors are conquered! Your plunderers are plundered! Haaaaaa, Nigeria, there is fear in the camp of your enemy!!! Rejoice beloved nation!!!!!!!!
WORD.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
Finland:

You must be a thief like them. How will a wasteful government suddenly realize the genius of prudence and making the right investment decisions simply bcs there is more money available from oil subsidy removal?

Some of the protesters have low IQ's, which is why they fight a very good govt action to erase corruption. I hope you aren't one?
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by matty1024: 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
Trade union all over the world checkmates the government, ours will not be different.
Whether GEJ and his cohorts like it or not, NLC and TUC MUST embark on strike this
coming monday. We must say no to GEJ irresponsible antics, not only the common
bears the pains of their lack of ideas, after much mis-management of our funds.
We say Aluta continua, Victoria acete.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by slap1(m): 7:16pm On Jan 06, 2012
victorian:

Unfortunately there will be no Strike on Monday. Because the Judge will say its illegal for NLC and the whole nation to just go strike , when the issue of fuel subsidy has not been debated and solutions offered. So negotiations and then way forward has to be stated and if by then no decision is accepted by both parties, then NLC can go to strike, but not before then,  SO NO STRIKE !
But it's right for the subsidy to be removed when solutions to it are yet to be proferred? Some people sef!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2012
[size=14pt]Read this excerpt, then read the rest of this article by Sanusi at the link below, and if you still want to go on strike after you are through, then even a brain transplant cannot help you:[/size]

Sanusi Lamido: You can do all this and no one can catch it or prove it because somebody was paid to sign off on docs. And with a high enough margin there is too much temptation to be resisted and firepower for bribing officials.

When I spoke to the house of reps I told them why I was suspecting fraud. It starts from PPPRA "allocations" based on "capacity". You will find a company like Mobil with capacity for say 60,000 MT and a relatively unknown name with a capacity of say 90k MT. Red alert number 1.

Although PPPRA is supposed to give license only to marketers with a national distribution network you see names of companies where u have never seen a filling station in their name. I was a chief risk officer in UBA and in FBN for many years approving loans so I know the name of every big player in every industry that nigerian banks lend to as these are among the biggest banks in the country. I see names on the list I don't recognise either from portfolios I looked at or industry studies over the years. Red alert number 2.

I studied the papers presented to PPPRA in a short period in 2010 (I won't tell u how I got them!). And I was surprised that on some days over 10 vessels are said to have discharged cargo in lagos on the same day-clearly the same officers stamping and "verifying" that the vessels were SEEN. Is it really realistic that on the same day 13-15 vessels can discharge in Lagos? Red alert number 3.

Why was I interested in fuel marketing. Because the two sectors that led to the near collapse of the banking industry were capital markets and oil marketing. I am not giving any confidential info out as AMCON MD has already disclosed publicly that two companies alone-zenon and AP-owned by the same businessman owed the nigerian banking industry N220b. And we all saw the amount of subsidy paid to those companies published by BusinessDay. So money had been taken, subsidy had been collected but loans were not repaid, and we couldn't see the money either as product in tank farms or in fuel stations or credit sales. So I became obsessed with trying to understand how that industry operated and the more I saw the more I hated it and I started the war against subsidies. It is actually better to do a direct cash payout or add a line item to salaries called petroleum support or transport allowance capped at say N 300b pa than to keep paying it. It goes to pay middle men, rent-seekers and corrupt officers and there is no amount of preaching that will stop this fraud so long as the policy is so badly defined. Everytime oil price goes up and everytime the naira is devalued and everytime the quantity of imports increases the "subsidy" and thus the "rent" increases and there is more gravy to go round. So every year we "import" more and more and deplete our reserves, and the government borrows more and more to pay for subsidy and the beneficiaries are a smal group of marketers, govt officials and neighbouring countries which get fuel without losing forex! And while a person who applies intelligence can see what is happening you can't prove it in a court of law. If the man says he sighted the vessel and it was 20kMT u have to accept it. It was a year ago!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-840226.0.html
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by doctokwus: 7:20pm On Jan 06, 2012
Formal working force is not up to 20% I tink& d court judgement stops dis class frm going to work;but it doesn't stop d informal sector comprising artisans,commercial bus drivers,market men& women& d unemployed frm going on demonstration;it also cannot stop PENGASSAN frm not supplying fuel as they av promised to join in d strike,so let's see how d formal workers can go to work when other sectors are shut down.
We shd also luk @d other side,dis ruling by d NIS has just refocussed d minds of nigerians to d deep rot that has existed in d judiciary for sometime& this can now b added to d total change dis fuel subsidy strike seeks to enthrone in our body polity.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2012
@matty1024

Your clamour for this strike against the ruling of the Judiciary seems to me that you really wanna stay home. The Judiciary is a separate arm of Government and we must learn to stay within the ambient of the law, meanwhile, UN and EU has supported the removal of subsidy and there is no one that the UN and EU has ever sided that has failed. ASK Egyptians, Lybians and Algerians.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by HARDDON: 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2012
Which way Nigeians? Jona gee, ♈ōϋ seem to ß derailing, Buh may ♈ōϋ Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ d lyt once again!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 7:25pm On Jan 06, 2012
matty1024:

Trade union all over the world checkmates the government, ours will not be different.
Whether GEJ and his cohorts like it or not, NLC and TUC MUST embark on strike this
coming monday. We must say no to GEJ irresponsible antics, not only the common
bears the pains of their lack of ideas, after much mis-management of our funds.
We say Aluta continua, Victoria acete.

Really? grin grin grin grin
Go read up on what Margaret Thatcher did to the unions in the UK, and weep. cry cry cry cry
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by chidikus: 7:27pm On Jan 06, 2012
tut NBA will be going on strike on monday also so wonder who is the banana judge talking maybe goodluck stooges,well information reaching us now looks like a coup is brewing ,a big bloody coup that wants to wipe off all corrupt govt officials , men its gonna start with a revolution,then the military will take over ,just like in egypt, the kind of trucks im seeing today moving in my area even an ex head of state i saw , guys pls looks like the revolution gonna be bloody
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by victorian(f): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
@ slap1, over the years since after Independence, its the People in the Government that has always ruled and had the final say, Not the Masses. Its sickening , sad and frustratiing but what can i do? Such is Nigeria.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by ARareGem(f): 7:28pm On Jan 06, 2012
There is fire on the Mountain, Nigerians.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by chidikus: 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
tut NBA will be going on strike on monday also so wonder who is the banana judge talking maybe goodluck stooges,well information reaching us now looks like a coup is brewing ,a big bloody coup that wants to wipe off all corrupt govt officials , men its gonna start with a revolution,then the military will take over ,just like in egypt, the kind of trucks im seeing today moving in my area even an ex head of state i saw , guys pls looks like the revolution gonna be bloody

The fisherman is talking tough but men hez really pissing in his pant,ruben abati keep changing his diaper now  and then
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Finland(m): 7:29pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

Some of the protesters have low IQ's, which is why they fight a very good govt action to erase corruption. I hope you aren't one?
I bet beaf is GEJ under disguise!!! The same government spent billions of dollars on power without change. Why should we trust them with 8 billion dollars from subsidy( that is my protest). If you think removal of subsidy will make a difference in the economy under the present Government then YOU ARE A FOUL DEVIL  grin ( Make i copy one pastor)
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by OmoTier1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 06, 2012
Since our government is known for evasion of service by the courts, especially when court orders are given on a weekend, NLC/TUC should also evade service and let the strike proceed!

When the judge who gave the order realizes that He can not gain entry into His court on Monday,  I am sure He would understand that rule of law is only now on paper in Nigeria!

FG clap for yourself!!!,  COWARDS!,  abeg beaf also advise your GEJ to go to the ICC in the Hague to take an injuction against Nigerians from protesting on the streets anywhere in the world
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
^
Bros, come to Nigeria and protest na, if you aren't a coward. Why did you run out of the country like a fearful fool? LOL!!

Finland:

I bet beaf is GEJ under disguise!!! The same government spent billions of dollars on power without change. Why should we trust them with 8 billion dollars from subsidy( that is my protest). If you think removal of subsidy will make a difference in the economy under the present Government then YOU ARE A FOUL DEVIL  grin ( Make i copy one pastor)

You are a cheap fool. Go and protest against yourself, jare!
Aluta! grin grin grin
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by mobf: 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

[size=14pt]Read this excerpt, then read the rest of this article by Sanusi at the link below, and if you still want to go on strike after you are through, then even a brain transplant cannot help you:[/size]

Utter sh.ite! So in the meantime the poor should suffer the consequences for this crime?
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by osat02: 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
Until the order is served it remains inchoate, so labor should have preempted that move from the government, so nothing has changed
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by OmoTier1(m): 7:34pm On Jan 06, 2012
NLC/TUC wil remain mute  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed Strike will proceed as planned!!!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by OmoTier1(m): 7:35pm On Jan 06, 2012
Watch as NLC/TUC would make GEJ look like an i.diot, remember Obj did the same thing and He got kicked straight in the nose!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Maisuya1: 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
See wahala this govt Neva seizes to amaze me, when we ASUU embarked on strike where was NIC or NUC,?
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 7:36pm On Jan 06, 2012
mobf:

Utter sh.ite! So in the meantime the poor should suffer the consequences for this crime?

Did you read the article?
If you did and you are still talking shiit then you cannot be helped; but if you have not read it, for your own good, go and read the entire thing.
Here is the link again: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-840226.0.html
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by trimwis: 7:37pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf paid 1 million naira monthly to post in nairaland for goverment. He says it pay to work for goverment
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by odedele: 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2012
which mumu court i begeee.obj use d same formula wey fail
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by akbtunes: 7:39pm On Jan 06, 2012
Those giving economic arguments for or against fuel subsidy withdrawal miss the point totally. It is not about economics. It is about TRUST!

ds beaf sounds like an attention grabber, mr oga go naked on western avenue or groundzero wt a placard, i bet u will be allover the news

Beaf:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

After Jonathan's Exit: Ex-Niger Delta Militants Tone Down Lifestyles- Leadership / Lamido Sanusi, Ganduje At Global Islamic Summit In Dubai....photos / Niger-Delta Avengers: Buhari And Jonathan To Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.