Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,663 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:28 AM

NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court (22205 Views)

Industrial Court Holds Session For Ocholi / BREAKING NEWS: Industrial Court Restored The 22 Lga's Chairmen In Rivers State / National Industrial Court Rules That Nlc Must Not Strike On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 9:27pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

COWARD,  Your pay master went to procure 'blackmarket' judgement

[size=33pt]Why don't you come from the UK to lead the protest at home?
How come you spend 24 hours a day, instigating people from abroad?
Why send other peoples kids to the warfront?
Are you scared of being locked away?
COWARD.[/size]
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by JAROSALEMY: 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
The NIC order is in order. NLC and TUC did not hold a congress in order for members to vote on the matter in contention neither did they give notice of a trade dispute to their employers. A wild cat strike cannot be used unless the dispute is about a negotiated right that has been violated by an employer. Since NLC and TUC have not yet commenced on the strike, it is now illegal for them to do so. They will be committing a crime on Monday if they go ahead and their leaders can be arrested for committing an offence - violating a court order. Deregulation of the downstream sector of the petroleum industry is absolutely necessary. Let's support this government move and oppose our labour leaders please. tongue
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by prodam(m): 9:33pm On Jan 06, 2012
beaf, i am a proponent of ur idea and views on the removal of fuel subsidy,
the fact is that if u are not patriotic then u would not have shown interest in seeking knowledge and research as much as u have done on the issue
the sanusi lamido speech was an eye-opener for me.

for ur critics here on Nairaland, they are definitely seeing it from the perspective of "an aggrieved citizen".but I must say: we are all aggrieved even the leaders but intelligence and crucial analysis need to be made, now the UN and EU involved, more opponents to convince, struggle continues in a civilized and legal way, You guys are wonderful and patriotic,
am still writing a comprehensive essay on the issue, I promise to make a copy available here on Nairaland for your appraisal

From a young politician
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Starlett: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2012
Reasons why the NLC/TUC Strike will STILL GO AHEAD despite the kangaroo NIC order:

1. It is a back-room last minute kangaroo order

2. The Labour unions have not (and WILL NOT) be served the court order!

3. This is a constitutional matter bordering on the right of Nigerians to protest. It's NOT merely an industrial matter.

4. The present administration has been notorious for ignoring court orders, most recent of which was the insistence of the GEJ-led PDP govt on conducting the Bayelsa Guber primaries despite a subsisting court order, and the removal of the PCA by same Jona even while the matter was subjudice. therefore Govt has no moral standing to even demand adherence to this so-called court order.

In the final analysis, I guess the govt should even be grateful that the NLC is giving Nigerians an avenue to vent their anger through strikes and well-organized peaceful protests. Else it will simply degenerate into pure anarchy, pure and simple!!!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by jamace(m): 9:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
The PDP and Badluck Jonathan that did not respect the court order is Justice Salami's case. The government that disobeyed court order in Bayelsa Primary now want the labour to obey court order now.
NLC should go ahead with the strike jooooo.
GBAM!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by ismhab(m): 9:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
Who can tell me the difference between boko haram and jona haram?
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by jonwizzi: 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2012
What will they do to stop d strike? Theyr just trying to play their last card. IT WON'T WORK!!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2012
@beaf, short question here: what was your stance on IBB's SAP and OBJ's fuel price hikes?
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by JohnyPang: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
FELA DUROTOYE on Fuel Subsidy, Brilliant,

Since I got back into Nigeria yesterday, I have heard some preposterous arguments that the removal of the fuel subsidy will be justified by wise investments that will benefit all.

My response has been, How will a wasteful government suddenly realize the genius of prudence and making the right investment decisions simply bcs there is more money available from oil subsidy removal?

Will there be less graft & bribes involved in process of issuing the road contracts or power contracts?

Have we sought to honestly find every way we can plug wastage in our leaking economy before we ask a feeble populace to carry the burden of corruption and gross ineptitude of a gluttonous few?

Have the Presidency, the State & Local Governments and the Legislature discovered how to travel without a convoy of 20 cars to the airport?

Can the occupiers of these lofty positions act in honour as Barack Obama did in 2010 when he got every member of his cabinet to take a pay cut, starting with himself?

Within his first few days as British Prime Minister, David Cameron led the austerity cuts (upon his assumption) by cutting down his convoy to 2 cars and one outrider. The Members of Parliament in Britain are now only allowed 3rd class train tickets on official travel (as opposed to their traditional first class train ticket allowances). The Mayor of London now rides a bicycle to work.
Leadership by example!!!

How come our 'leaders' in government earn so much and still spend so much furnishing the same houses and offices they furnished with our money last year?

Do you furnish your office every year? Why should the President, Governor or Senate President?

Wasteful leadership cannot make prudent investments!!!!! Q.E.D

The change we need is not just policy. Its in the quality of mind and persons at policy making positions.

That said, how will we effectively deliver sustainable desired-change?

History has taught us that governments increase fuel prices, the people fight, students riot, labour unions strike, and then after a couple of weeks, the government reduces the price but never to its original price, and everyone feels like a winner, but the poor know and experience the reality of the loss. Then we start the cycle all over again with another administration.

God bless everyone who has stood up against this unjust policy. I salute everyone who has risked their lives to Occupy Nigeria with the message that Enough is Enough.

This is only the beginning of a long and arduous journey. The real Nigerian spring is going to be in April 2015.

WE NEED A CRITICAL MASS OF NEW NIGERIANS TO TAKE HOLD OF EVERY LEVEL OF POLICY MAKING POSITIONS BY 2015. Not a few good men and women whose voices will get drowned in the cacophony of mediocrity.

Let our brightest and best brains begin serious preparations NOW. Don't wait till 2014 to decide you want to make a change by running for office in 2015. It will be too late if you don't start NOW!!!!

As we keep up the pressure of PEACEFUL, NON-VIOLENT PROTESTS through all channels, let another set of emerging leaders (with a heart for the nation and a love for the people) arise and begin to prepare for 2015. We must encourage, train, mentor and empower the right people to go where few dare.

I have committed my life to raise and prepare as many exemplary leaders of excellence to take over the various policy making positions at all levels of governance (federal, state and local)- executive and legislative.

Even when 'they' back down on the fuel subsidy removal, (only because they need the banks to reopen so they can cash some of their billions or so that the airports can reopen so their children can travel back abroad to continue their education), don't let us be deceived again into submission and celebrate the illusion of victory.
Until we change the quality of people in policy-making positions, we won't yet have real and lasting victory.

Don't get it twisted, The 2015 elections is going to be the opportunity for the real Nigerian Spring.

The real question is , Will we be ready to bring the real change we've always desired with the same zeal and fervor as we show now?

Please don't let today's passion die tomorrow.
The struggle continues today, tomorrow and forever. We WILL deliver the future!

God bless you and God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

https://www.facebook.com/feladurotoye/posts/10150508559923340
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 06, 2012
I have a RIGHT to support subsidy removal, I have a RIGHT not to protest and I have a RIGHT to go to work on Monday. So no one should come here and insult my RIGHT please, let it be!!
Some Bosses today have asked their staffs who want to come to work on Monday to feel free and those who want to join the protest to go ahead without fear of losing their job but won't get paid the number of days they stay out of work.
THIS IS DEMOCRACY FOR GOD'S SAKE.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Stalwert: 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2012
NLC to Nigerians Ignore any black market injuction

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-840617.0.html
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by kamuzu(m): 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2012
Let's learn to bow to superior argument. I think Beaf has a point here.  However, i still don't believe this government is credible enough to utilize the gains of the subsidy removal properly without it filtering into peoples bank account.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Akiika: 9:55pm On Jan 06, 2012
prodam:

beaf, i am a proponent of your idea and views on the removal of fuel subsidy,
the fact is that if u are not patriotic then u would not have shown interest in seeking knowledge and research as much as u have done on the issue
for your critics here on Nairaland, they are definitely seeing it from the perspective of "an aggrieved citizen".but I must say: we are all aggrieved even the leaders but intelligence and crucial analysis need to be made, now the UN and EU involved, more opponents to convince, struggle continues in a civilized and legal way, You guys are wonderful and patriotic,
am still writing a comprehensive essay on the issue, I promise to make a copy available here on Nairaland for your appraisal

From a young politician
All we are saying is, corruption needs to be tackled before removing the subsidy, there are no jobs, no electricity, no security, no education, no good roads, e.t.c   If the Govt. cannot fix any of these problems previously, what is the assurance that they will use the saved subsidy money judiciously? They only need more money to feed fat on. I read Beaf's comment about 1600 buses procured to cushion the effect of the subsidy removal hardship, isn't that r.e.t.a.r.d.e.d? are these buses going to convey people for free? will people eat in the buses? for free?so there was money to buy 1600 buses before, the Govt. just chose to punish the masses? I can bet my life, those buses will disappear into the hands of politicians in no time.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by foufou: 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2012
I have never trusted Esele of TUC! He knows something that Nigerians don't know. His body language speaks volumes! As for Omar of NLC, I doubt his ability to lead the strike effectively. His performance during the minimum wage issue was very poor! Jonathan dribbled him and his bolekaja comrades. Except the NASS steps in and forces a downward review, the price increase has come to stay and the accompanying profligacy by Jonathan and his girls (Okonjo and Dieziani) will continue!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by OmoTier1(m): 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

[size=33pt]Why don't you come from the UK to lead the protest at home?
How come you spend 24 hours a day, instigating people from abroad?
Why send other peoples kids to the warfront?
Are you scared of being locked away?
COWARD.[/size]

Your pay master is hiding in a dark room , He can not come out and speak to the nation He claims to lead! Yes we protested in London, oh I guess your head was doing you in when you saw over 2000 Nigerians turned out with the support of 'friends of Nigeria',

COWARD, you pay master only know how to 'buy' judgement in the black marke courts, no wonder He has refused to take the reforms of the judiciary to the height it deserves!, Do you think we have forgotten Salami ,
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by CrazyMan(m): 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2012
Prove me wrong if I say Jonathan has failed Nigerians.

Boko haram is terrorizing the north,

The N18,000 minimum wage is yet to be implemented,

The major reason Nigerians voted this Jonathan of a man was because of his promise to restore power to the Nation; the power we're yet to see.

Corruption and unemployment on the climax.

Our roads are practically death traps.

And the best this man can think of at a time like this is to remove fuel subsidy and add more burdens to the Nigerian people he claims to love.

Why didn't the late Yar'adua remove subsidy when he was rehabilitating the Niger Delta militants? after all the fuel is in their land.

Why didn't he say that in order of maximize security in that region (Niger Delta) and rehabilitate them, they would remove subsidy so that the country can generate more funds for the excerise, Nigerians would have understood.

Instead he made them drop their arms without torturing Nigerians, and even reduced the fuel price to N65 against Obasanjo's N70.

I think it's high time Jonathan resigns before he wrecks this country any further.

About the proposed NLC strike, I'm fully in support of it; and I pray it holds so that they (The Government) would know that we Nigerians aren't happy with their actions.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by JohnyPang: 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2012
Fellow Nairalander,

Permit me to say the following already "supposedly" known facts:
1. Madam Iweahala is simply doing the bidding on her international collaborator - IMF/World bank, so don't expect anything different from her.
2. Ngozi is just helping the western / 1st world export inflation from the west to Nigeria. The west /1st world nations are known for leveraging on the chaotic conditions in the 3rd world nations. In other words, they use their instruments like IMF/World bank to unleash hardship on the 3rd world nations by using their agents like Madam Iweahala to implent their policies.
3. Take a look at all the "countries of interest" to the western world such as DRC, Angola, Nigeria, e.t.c; all are battling with one problem or the other.
4. No one can become a leader in any of these "countries of interest" without the strong support of either America, Britain or France. And when you ride on their support to get to power and later refuse to do their bidding, they will use their agents within your country to make your government unpopular and get rid of you if you are lucky to escape death. This is the reason GEJ dances to their tune like mugu. He does not have the political will-power to challenge them or any of their institution. Any attempt to challenge them will cost him his job and if lucky, he will be alive.
5. As for Nigeria, they have a project to divide the nation and quarantine the South-south region which is their major interest. Their target is on or before 2015. To achieve this, they are using naija northern political elites who have hijacked the original course of Boko Haram to create state of anarchy in the Northern naija.
6. The greatest collaborator of CORRUPTION in naija are the western/1st world. They collabo with their agents in naija to perpetrate these wickedness at our own expense for their gains and that of their cronies. THAT'S WHY IT IS SO DIFFICULT TO EASILY FIGHT CORRUPTION IN NAIJA. The memories of the Halliburton and Siemens scandals still linger.
7. The most painful thing is that THE SO CALLED LABOUR, HUMAN-RIGHT GROUPS, CIVIL SOCIETY AND RELIGIOUS LEADERS, all know these facts but everyone turn blind eyes simply because they all benefit from these Western/1st world in one way or the other.
8. If GEJ needs the purported 1.3tr naira used on fuel subsidy, he should go to naija waters and fight corrupt practices going on there.

In the light of all these, Naija should watch and pray. May the ALMIGHTY GOD deliver naija from all the demons who have held her in bondage.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Remii(m): 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2012
but why would GEJ start a second war when he has not been able to win an ongoing one? BH guys killing innocent souls and now the whole populace protesting fuel price hike. Even world super powers don't do that.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by CrazyMan(m): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2012
Remii:

but why would GEJ start a second war when he has not been able to win an ongoing one? BH guys killing innocent souls and now the whole populace protesting fuel price hike. Even world super powers don't do that.
Because he's confused and secondly, he doesn't have any agenda for this country that's why.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by MAYOWAAK: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
The management of Obajana Cement Company (owned by Aliko Dangote) has mandated all its workers to compulsorily report to work by 8am on Monday. #OccupyObajana #OccupyNigeria #NLCStrike.
Haha Chairman of the cabals wants to test his powers!!! LWKMD
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2012
prodam:

beaf, i am a proponent of your idea and views on the removal of fuel subsidy,

for your critics here on Nairaland, they are definitely seeing it from the perspective of "an aggrieved citizen".but I must say: we are all aggrieved even the leaders but intelligence and crucial analysis need to be made, now the UN and EU involved, more opponents to convince, struggle continues in a civilized and legal way, You guys are wonderful and patriotic,

From a young politician

Thanks bruv. smiley

I believe we just have a bunch of teenagers who are eager for the "revolution" fad, most adults would read the Sanusi Lamido document and be reverted by how much they have been cheated, others would read the SURE programme document. But, hey! Kids will be kids, to them its just a thrill, rioting by iphone and organising on twitter. Let them feel cool for their 24 hours.

I can bet you that in two months time, 99% of these fellows would look back in deep shame and regret at how they foolishly invaded the streets to beat up their own futures and act as ready tools for Nigeria's enemies. Its easy to be foolish.

I imagine that the EU and UN reassurance was a coded way of telling boko haram and GEJ's bitter political enemies what will be pump'n over Nigeria if they attempt any gynmastics with their stup!dity; they will simply be "Libya'd" into the stone age.

Stay well, my brother.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by ndigbo: 10:10pm On Jan 06, 2012
The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has assured Nigerians that the mass rallies scheduled for next Monday will go on, and urged them to ignore the rumours of a ‘black market’ injunction possibly purchased by the Goodluck Jonathan government from the National Industrial Court (NIC). “The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) is not aware of any such injunction, we were not served any paper of court appearance, we were not present in court nor were we represented in any capacity,” said Acting Secretary General Owei Lakemfa, in a statement.  “Also, the NLC was not served any court summons nor were we served any court order.” He urged the Jonathan administration to listen to the people or face their justifiable wrath.  He observed of the government, “They cannot make the simple analysis that the whole populace is angry and that Nigerians do not need any group to ask them to protest an evil policy that seeks to impoverish them. He pointed out that the forces outlined in the country are simply the Nigerian People against the Jonathan Government, and is not an industrial relations one, or between an employer and an employee. “So if the issue was taken before the National Industrial Court, then it is the wrong place to shop for a black market injunction,” he said.  “To obtain an injunction from a court that has no competent jurisdiction is to try playing ping pong with the judiciary.” He reminded everyone that the constitutional and fundamental right of Nigerians to protest cannot be annulled.

Saharareporters
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2012
Omo_Tier1:

Your pay master is hiding in a dark room , He can not come out and speak to the nation He claims to lead! Yes we protested in London, oh I guess your head was doing you in when you saw over 2000 Nigerians turned out with the support of 'friends of Nigeria',

COWARD, you pay master only know how to 'buy' judgement in the black marke courts, no wonder He has refused to take the reforms of the judiciary to the height it deserves!, Do you think we have forgotten Salami ,

2000 Nigerians ke!!! shocked shocked shocked
Were you people even up to 50? LOLZZZZZZ!!!

Unu go take laf wound goat o!

Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by xezoid(m): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2012
@ beaf,ur reference document isnt opening yet,but is dat d only thing u hav to say 2 d post
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by BabaH1: 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2012
These issue is beyond the industrial court because it is not just an NLC affair, we are talking about Nigerian people rising up to say NO to an anti people policy. Industrial courts are setup to handle employer and employee issue so this is beyond them, So Mr president please play another card because this one work tongue. Even if NLC AND TUC withdraw the Nigerian people won't, on monday 9th of January we will come out in mass to tell you we are not cowards, cool
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by Beaf: 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2012
xezoid:

@ beaf,your reference document isnt opening yet,but is dat d only thing u hav to say 2 d post

Sorry about that, this link is working. Read the document and believe me, you would not need a word from me; the document will electrify you.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_VI3W_cAwMeNTljY2JmOWYtN2M4Yi00MGI0LWE2MTctYTUxMTM0ZDVkNDRm&hl=en_US&pli=1
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by millionbuc(m): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
The sudden removal of fuel subsidy is not justifiable,
but trying to implode the system because of governments indiscretion is not wise either.
If government claims it means well for us, with GEJ going as far as promising
that benefits will be visible from six months. Then guys lets focus
on holding them accountable in July. This time, for real.

Meanwhile as a truly concerned citizen that i am; here are a few survival tips for u guys.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-SjBkhqNXdF4/TwNhUEviOBI/AAAAAAAAFYY/xHxNFMefYpo/s1600/Anti-Fuel-Subsidy-January-2012-BellaNaija-008.jpg[/img]

Get more from;

http://www.5slate..com
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by OmoTier1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2012
Beaf:

2000 Nigerians ke!!! shocked shocked shocked
Were you people even up to 50? LOLZZZZZZ!!!

Unu go take laf wound goat o!

COWARD, your NTA puppet station was chased out of the protest, FYI, those numbers were released by the Met Police after collecting the register of roll call for the protest! You think UK Met Police is like your GEJ controlled *weed* smoking bribe infested Police  I know GEJ has banned you and your team of liars from watching any other station apart from NTA, why not risk your life and tune into http://www.channelstv.com/global/live_video.php and see the protest reports ?

Electronically certified COWARD!
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by queensmith: 10:43pm On Jan 06, 2012
what do courts have to do with labour action? its like someone going on hunger strike and the courts saying its illegal for you to do so? erm thats the point of a strike!!!

NIGERIA IS A JOKE!!! LMAO!

btw- i will very much like these special courts to come to london and beat the trade unions that run tfl. i cannot have london underground striking after paying soo much for a travelcard! cannot!! angry angry
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by otokx(m): 10:44pm On Jan 06, 2012
the strike has already started.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by rasqman: 10:46pm On Jan 06, 2012
@Beaf,

I think you need to see a therapist. Your case is so pathetic, pele.
Re: NLC Cannot Embark On Strike-national Industrial Court by OmoTier1(m): 10:48pm On Jan 06, 2012
queensmith:

what do courts have to do with labour action? its like someone going on hunger strike and the courts saying its illegal for you to do so? erm thats the point of a strike!!!

NIGERIA IS A JOKE!!! LMAO!

btw- i will very much like these special courts to come to london and beat the trade unions that run tfl. i cannot have london underground striking after paying soo much for a travelcard! cannot!! angry angry
The strikes have already began, Naira fell against the $ today as banks, and money marketers said there would be no trade next week as they are joining the NLC/TUC strike!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

After Jonathan's Exit: Ex-Niger Delta Militants Tone Down Lifestyles- Leadership / Lamido Sanusi, Ganduje At Global Islamic Summit In Dubai....photos / Niger-Delta Avengers: Buhari And Jonathan To Meet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.