Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,526 members, 7,888,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:45 PM

Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women (2122 Views)

Why Do Intelligent Black Men Prefer Their Women Looking Like This?(photos) / Top 3 Lies Nigerian Men Tell Their Women / Top 10 Things That Women Loves About Men But Will Never Say It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by sfdaram(f): 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2007
when a Nigerian married man is caught in an extra marital affair, no body talks about it but when a Nigerian married woman is cut in the same act, is always as if hell will let loose. why?
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by chidnosky: 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2007
Ever heard of the phrase " It's a man's world", Well it's nature lol grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by sfdaram(f): 2:32pm On Oct 06, 2007
@chidnosky,

yes ve heard is men's world but who makes the act normal for men and abnormal for women.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by CrazyMan(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2007
Well the man is the head of the family every other person comes second to him; that’s why a man won’t be rebuked much when he commits adultery.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by naijacutee(f): 12:14pm On Oct 07, 2007
crazykid:

Well the man is the head of the family every other person comes second to him; that’s why a man won’t be rebuked much when he commits adultery.
chidnosky:

Ever heard of the phrase " It's a man's world", Well it's nature lol grin grin grin
It's this stupid social conditioning that causes the ratio of HIV infection of men to women to be 40:60. Because one HIV positive man  can infect 4 women, and everyone claps for him and cheers him on.  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by ozigbo(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2007
Because we are in charge.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by kerenti(m): 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2007
@naijacutee
I don't believe your statistics is as a result of men being more adulterous than women.Ofcourse,everybody knows that there are more women than men.Come to think of it,you are complaining that these men are adulterous,do they sleep with pigs and dogs?No!Everytime they commit adultery,it is definitely with another partner that is cheating on her real partner.So,we be thesame thing ooo,make una no talk that one again.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by almondjoy(f): 2:44pm On Oct 07, 2007
@Topic

The fact that you can think it is okay to use the word in your classification as normal does not mean it is normal to most.  No, it is not "normal"  for anyone--male or female!  A socially deviant behaviour for the most undisciplined mind. Because like most things in Nigeria, morality is not a priority.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by naijacutee(f): 9:17pm On Oct 07, 2007
kerenti:

@naijacutee
I don't believe your statistics is as a result of men being more adulterous than women.Ofcourse,everybody knows that there are more women than men.Come to think of it,you are complaining that these men are adulterous,do they sleep with pigs and dogs?No!Everytime they commit adultery,it is definitely with another partner that is cheating on her real partner.So,we be thesame thing ooo,make una no talk that one again.

I don't mean to engage you but statistics speak for themselves. You are right, there are more women than men, and that only goes to confirm the fact that the infected men are spreading HIV faster than the reverse, simply because our culture doesn't frown strongly enough on male promiscuity. It's simple, think of it - You put 10 women and 2 HIV+ men in a room. The 2 men can easily sleep with 5 women each within a short period and give them all the virus. Ratio of infected population of males to females - 1:5.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by kerenti(m): 12:50am On Oct 08, 2007
@naijacutee
You seem to be diverting from the poster topic.The poster is talking about promiscuity/adultery not HIV/AIDS.It may be true that men spread the deadly virus than women(that is if your statistics is even right)as they sleep with more of the opposite sex than women do but does not necessarily mean they are more adulterous because someone has already commited an adultery once you have engaged in the act,the number of times doesn't matter.In short,you spread the virus as a number of times you sleep with different people while you become adulterous just only once you have slep with somebody who is not your partner
Let me take you to another point you have not realised,though women are many than men,I'm sure the ratio is not more than 2:1,at most 3:1(unless you want to tell me that more than 70% of Nigeria is women).Meanwhile,you have men sleeping with more than 5 girls within a short period of time,within a short period of time i said, shouldn't it be 1 man sleeping with 3 women for a lifetime(that is even with the assumption of 3:1)?I hope you are not lost in the mathematics,do i make sense to you at all?
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by kerenti(m): 1:02am On Oct 08, 2007
@ poster
Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women?
Well, this is absolutely true and the simple answer for your question is: that is our culture.It has been like that even before our generation were born and i don't think there is anything anbody can do about it.You would even hear some women supporting this,saying "it's the species of men that are promiscous, not women." Our culture has really affeceted our thinking and there is nothing anybody can do about it,you would be alone trying to change it so,the best thing is to "join them if you can't beat them." I thank God I'm a man(hahaha)
@ poster also
Why the question,have you been caught? sad Too bad! cry
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by naijacutee(f): 10:48am On May 05, 2008
@ kerenti. I'm not diverting - Wherever promiscuity is encouraged, HIV/AIDS is not too far away - therefore we cannot exactly put them in separate boxes. In the example I gave, I assumed that there were 5 times as many women than men - and the theory still works fine.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by manmustwac(m): 12:29pm On May 05, 2008
Well like chidnosky said '' its a man's world'' and Nigeria is a male dominated society. Come to london where a lot of my nija friends some in thier late 30's or early 40's (all married with kids) talking about how they made love with thier girlfriends during the weekend etc. You'd think these boys were still in Uni. And i can't imagine any of thier wives doing dat.

But then back in the days before colonization men never used to cheat on thier wives because then they were married to six or seven of dem so there was need too.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by bawomolo(m): 2:10pm On May 05, 2008
manmustwac:

Well like chidnosky said '' its a man's world'' and Nigeria is a male dominated society. Come to london where a lot of my nija friends some in their late 30's or early 40's (all married with kids) talking about how they made love with their girlfriends during the weekend etc. You'd think these boys were still in Uni. And i can't imagine any of their wives doing that.

But then back in the days before colonization men never used to cheat on their wives because then they were married to six or seven of them so there was need too.

translation, every man needs to be surrounded by his hoochie harem
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by albridge(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2008
have you ever heard the phrase, "and you think you are a man". men are culturally entrusted with a lot of responsibilities. whether or not they carry those responsibilities well is another matter. the thing is that with responsibility also come certain privilege. it would be dumb for anyone to expect that the driver and the managing director (not that i am referring to women as drivers. don't get me wrong) should have the same salary of recreational privileges.
with great power comes great responsibilities. with great responsibilities comes great power and certain perculiar privileges.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by proo212(m): 12:25pm On May 07, 2008
Women are also entrusted with a lot responsbibilities, so what's your point? You are just looking to justify your morality and choices. embarassed

What is wrong is wrong, there's no need to disguise it with grammar. If you can't be faithful, then don't make that kind of a committment. Then everybody is happy
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by sammy6(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2008
Not this days again oh, Yoruba women in this Lagos no dey gree again oh, Them sef dey compete with thier husbands in tearing outside marriage.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by naijacutee(f): 7:06pm On May 07, 2008
Thnk you very much proo. For calling a spade a spade. People like you make their mark.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by NubianQ(f): 8:44pm On May 07, 2008
Naija cutee,

i agree with you on your comments regarding men and the disease thing,

well, men thing they can cheat because its a mans world,  yeah right,  to be honest,i am no saint but i feel that when a man cheats he is probably just trying to make a statement that he is a man or just  being a Boy. the consequences of that are very bad because d woman has to live with him and recieve the "spoils of sex"

well, women just need to wise up. its should go both ways then maybe men would realise that cheating hurts and people should learn to spice up their lives.Women cheat as well but Men eat the cake.

when it comes to tlking about men, esp when it comes to Nigerian men, i have a headache but i do like them anyways because they are confident. but the way they do things sometimes esp cheating,cant deal with that,
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by vivaladiva(f): 9:51pm On May 07, 2008
i personally dont see the reason why eye brows are raised, my principle is what is good for the goose is good for the gander
so long as u are ready to live with the consequences, if a man cheats on his wife then if she so desires she can cheat too. that is probably why i dont live in nigeria, the double standards are too much to bare
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by wendymanda: 9:52pm On May 07, 2008
vivaladiva:

i personally don't see the reason why eye brows are raised, my principle is what is good for the goose is good for the gander
so long as u are ready to live with the consequences, if a man cheats on his wife then if she so desires she can cheat too. that is probably why i don't live in nigeria, the double standards are too much to bare

I say that all the time and when I do am called Proud.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by vivaladiva(f): 10:04pm On May 07, 2008
wendy my dear u are not proud, if a man cannot be satisfied with one pussy then why on earth should i be satisfied with his lonely dick when there are oda massive dicks in the rriver waiting to sucked and bleeped
ABEG WHEN A WOMAN IS OUT SPOKEN ABOUT HER SEXUALITY PEOPLE WANT TO CRUCIFY HER DONT LISTEN TO THEIR BULL SHIT COS THAT IS WHAT IT IS
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by 4Him1(m): 10:06pm On May 07, 2008
vivaladiva:

i personally don't see the reason why eye brows are raised, my principle is what is good for the goose is good for the gander
so long as u are ready to live with the consequences, if a man cheats on his wife then if she so desires she can cheat too. that is probably why i don't live in nigeria, the double standards are too much to bare

Dumb comment.
Nigeria is not the only nation on earth where female cheating is frowned upon. Even in the western countries . . . male cheats like Bill Clinton get away with a mere slap on the wrists.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by vivaladiva(f): 10:54pm On May 07, 2008
4him if u bothered to read the topic slowpoke
it specifically talks about nigerian men idiot
if u dont like the fact that am talkin specifically about nigerian men
pls go and hang ur self Ahole
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by vivaladiva(f): 10:58pm On May 07, 2008
its a mans world, tis also a white mans world so then colonization and slavery should be allow
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by 4Him1(m): 10:59pm On May 07, 2008
vivaladiva:

4him if u bothered to read the topic slowpoke
it specifically talks about nigerian men idiot
if u don't like the fact that am talkin specifically about nigerian men
please go and hang your self Ahole

You have anger management issues. Solve them instead of using NL as an outlet for ur frustrations.
Loud barrels like you are usually empty.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by vivaladiva(f): 11:05pm On May 07, 2008
when i come accross irrational men like u i just shake my head
u need to look beyond your horizon and understand that the world is changing
when a woman is opinionated u say she has anger management issues
personally i dont give a shit
if i choose to vent my anger on nairaland am i stoppin u from doin so self-servicer
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by 4Him1(m): 11:08pm On May 07, 2008
vivaladiva:

when i come accross irrational men like u i just shake my head
u need to look beyond your horizon and understand that the world is changing
when a woman is opinionated u say she has anger management issues
personally i don't give a shit
if i choose to vent my anger on nairaland am i stoppin u from doin so self-servicer

calm down, you may break your keyboard soon. You seem to be under the illusion that anyone is particularly interested in the inanities you spew about.

Who really cares about whether u're opinionated or not? It is immature loons like you who mistake verbal diarrhoea and a penchant for verbal sparring as "being opinionated". There is a clear difference between being blunt and being an insultive nuisance.
No one is stopping you from venting ur misplaced anger on NL, its just one more evidence that u have deep seated problems that you need to resolve.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by dangermous: 11:12pm On May 07, 2008
Both of una get issues. We suppose find one private thread for una to do some private e-piping
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by vivaladiva(f): 11:15pm On May 07, 2008
u know what 4him go finger ur self
if u dont want to talk about the issue tis fine by me, i have nothin to gain or loose
save ur rantings for some one who really cares
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by 4Him1(m): 11:19pm On May 07, 2008
vivaladiva:

u know what 4him go finger your self
if u don't want to talk about the issue tis fine by me, i have nothin to gain or loose
save your rantings for some one who really cares

there's only one person ranting here, it sure aint me madam opinionated.
Issues like this become redundant when trolls like you are around.
Re: Why Is Extral Marital Affair Normal To Nigerian Men But Abnormal To Their Women by NubianQ(f): 11:44pm On May 07, 2008
u know what suit ur self mr 4him bye

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have A Child, Yet He Does Not Want Me / Ladies. Why Are U The Judge? / 43things A GIRL Wished Her boyfriend Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.